Shugo Hinamori Amu
Beka Cooper

Old 08-03-2010, 04:05 PM

I have a medium-sized garden, with a LOT of different types of flowers, bushes, and trees. I really like pretty and colorful plants, and if I see a weed that looks interesting, I usually let it grow ^__^;

So, I'm curious! How do you garden? What kind of plants do you have in your yard? Do you tend to have certain colors appear in your flower bed? Do you have any gardening tips? Have fun! :)

Mystic
(ο・㉨・&...

Old 08-03-2010, 11:20 PM

I am trying to start a veggie garden to feed my bearded dragons with. I just moved so right now I am trying to clear all the weeds out.

HappyStarr
(^._.^)ノ

Old 08-04-2010, 01:42 AM

We fail at gardening. My mom and I wanted to get some tomatoes going and we got the plants and everything, and then we realized that the landlord filled our backyard with grass seeds over the winter "to get rid of the weeds." T_T So now we have this ugly backyard because our landlord entirely destroyed everything in the tiny little area that we COULD have planted something.

Hilf
⊙ω⊙
Send a message via AIM to Hilf

Old 08-04-2010, 04:34 AM

We have a fair-sized garden. My mom does all the trees and flowers. I'm so bad at it that sort! I take care of the pots and the vegetable garden. Vegetables are so much easier to take care of, especially in our raised beds. That way, slugs can't get to them. It's the first year, and our strawberries haven't been eaten once!

Everything looks so pretty this year, especially in our front-yard garden where the puppies can't roll in it lol.

Vix Viral
┌(・。・...
Send a message via AIM to Vix Viral Send a message via MSN to Vix Viral

Old 08-04-2010, 07:56 AM

My parents have a garden filled with tomatoes, bell peppers, jalapenos, watermelon, some other kind of pepper, and two kinds of lettuce. We also have raspberries, black berries, and concord grapes growing around the house.

Sun
(っ◕‿◕)&...
Send a message via MSN to Sun

Old 08-04-2010, 04:39 PM

Though i have a great appreciation for botany, vegetation really isn't my forte. I've never really attempted to grow anything, but my mother successfully cultivates potatoes, runner beans, tomatoes and raspberries in some of the garden, as well as a multitude of potted plants she grows from seed.

As for other denizens of my garden, we two mature apple trees, which are productive, several other saplings of various trees my mother has bought over the years, and my favourite, a Twisted Hazel sapling, the maturity of which i'm greatly excited for even though it's more than likely years away. In the rockery we have heather, marigolds, snap dragons and various other plants that have ended up there and spread accordingly.
The front garden is home to several hydrangeas, fuchsia, a hedge, conifer, privet, flags, and some lovely purple flowering bushy plants.

psyrien
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 08-05-2010, 05:13 AM

I've grew plants this summer in my condo. I had an Easter lily, daisies that my friend wasn't too hopeful about, and lots and lots of green onions. When I get back up there and move properly into my townhouse, I want to get one of those herb planters to put in my kitchen. :D

kissthebluesky
Blue Balloons Blew By Bay .

Old 08-05-2010, 06:38 AM

Well.. usually it's my mom and my younger sister who does it. But I go and look every week or so to check up on it. I have aloe vera, a lot of weird/exotic plants, cactus (different kinds), jalapeno, tomatoes, california poppy, etc..
A lot of them I don't even know their names.
Most of them I got from my Aunt. The vegetables/fruits, my family bought them at this garden store (:

Kid Disaster
\ (•◡•) /

Old 08-05-2010, 07:18 AM

I used to have a garden, before I lived in an apartment. There really wasn't any kind of rhyme or reason to it -- just stuff my mom & I agreed was pretty, we planted together. We had a bunch of tomatoes in one section (since they're my favorite fruit), but we also had 6 rose bushes, a forsythia bush, a lilac bush, and a copious amount of irises. I wanted to plant some hydrangeas, too, but we had to move before I got a chance to. Blue hydrangeas = my favorite. My dad made it up to me, though, by planting some outside his house for me. =3

misfittbaby
⊙ω⊙

Old 08-06-2010, 04:34 AM

I have one in the front, on the side and in the back of the house, lol. It's just a random patch of different flowers, very colourful. I think my favorite flower in the garden would be the bleeding hearts, they are so pretty <3 Oh, and I love the roses, they are bright pink, so beautiful. o uo

wrylilt
Proud Mother, Happy Writer

Old 08-06-2010, 04:37 AM

I wish I could have decent plants in my garden.

I live in a rented house and there are two gigantic trees out the front which stop me planting plants because 1. The drain all the water from the ground and 2. They shade the whole front of the house so nothing gets sunlight.

Very annoying! However there is a very hardy blue moon rose bush out the front. No matter how dead it looks it always comes back and blooms.

Wynna
(^._.^)ノ

Old 08-07-2010, 03:04 AM

My mother has tons and tons of flowers and plants in her gardens, I only have one. His name is Charlie and he is a seedum.