PapillonCameo
(^・o・^)ノ”

Old 03-14-2013, 02:13 AM

Astrea's eyes fluttered as the sound of voices began to make her drift into consciousness. She wanted to sleep, not awake to the sight of servants and her mother, fussing over her every action. Shaking her head, the lady twitched her skirt into place as she stood. Speaking out just didn't seem like the right thing to do. The sight of everyone, all the new arrivals, made her spine stiffen as she resolved not to show her fear of the dragon.

It wasn't only that which made her mute. Astrea found it strange to be faced with such a crowd, without having to think about anything of what her parents might say. There were also all the politics of the court, a silent underccurent which governed ever action of the people living around the royal family.

Hidden Cupcake
\ (•◡•) /

Old 03-14-2013, 05:07 AM

Hahnu's eyes widened for a moment, the fuchsia orbs snapping onto the lupine creature in front of him. His lips curled upward and a pleased purr left his throat. "Haas, haas, fin mal grohiik tinvakke dov," he purred, eyeing the wolf-boy critically. His eyes flashed to the young woman by the young male's side, tilting his head at her fear. "Little key, are you afraid of me?" His voice held a hint of amusement, eyeing her critically as his eyes flashed in the moonlight. Slight movement near the grand tree caught his attention for a moment, casting a quick glance toward it. A woman, young and dressed finely. A noble of some sort. His lip curled at that, rolling his eyes slightly before turning his attention back to the unicorn in human form. Nobles. He had no interest or love for them. They always sent mercenaries his way in hopes of slaying him and claiming his horde. Annoying gnats.

(( 'Haas, haas, fin mal grohiik tinvakke dov.' - 'Well, well, the little wolf speaks dragon.'
Haas- literally 'health' but used as 'well' in this context.))

Gemini
(◎_◎;)

Old 03-14-2013, 06:40 AM

Hikari raised her chin defiantly. "I was taken aback by your sudden appearance,but no,I am not afraid of you." She said,her voice calm and cool,but polite. And indeed,her initial fear had dissolved as her wits returned to her and she regained control over her emotions. There was no need to fear as long as the dragon didn't show signs of wanting to harm them.

Hunter nodded and tried to stand up,but he was still too weak and fell to his knees."Yes,I speak dragon.I learned it from my ma- I mean,the man who used to be my master.He spoke it often in his spells." He said. He wasn't afraid of the dragon. Not after all his old master had put him through-no,nothing could scare him much after that.

Hidden Cupcake
\ (•◡•) /

Old 03-14-2013, 07:34 AM

Hahnu's head tilted back as a deep laugh escaped his throat. "Whatever you say, key," he chortled, lowering his eyes back to them. His eyes landed on the wolf boy once more, smile and mirth vanishing. "You say this joor...wizard," the word was spat, filled with rumbling disdain, "used the language of the dov in his spells?" He let out a grumbling hiss, lip curling. "What manner of spells, grohiik?"

Kry
Hero Complex

Old 03-14-2013, 09:00 PM

It was only natural that the dragon should arrive before him, after all Hahnu did fly, and Adrian was only trotting. As far as he could tell, before even arriving at the others, everything seemed alright. The centaur moved easily through the garden and soon came to where everyone was. Near the big willow and the life stream. Adrian let his eyes roam over them all carefully for a moment, just to make sure no one was trying to harm each other. They all seemed rather calm in the face of the dragon, which only made him wonder again how common and friendly were dragons outside the garden. His tail swished gently behind him as he pushed that thought away. He was silent, save the rhythmic sound of his hooves as he approached, not wanting to interrupt the conversation that was already going.

Gemini
(◎_◎;)

Old 03-16-2013, 02:00 AM

Hunter shook his head."Summoning,I think.He...he told me a story,all the time.He said he was a knight in service to a king,and that he had been sent off to slay a dragon.When he got there,he found that his weapons had no effect on the dragon's scales.The dragon almost killed him.He said he was amazed by the creature's power.When he returned empty handed,the king was furious,and exiled him.He told me he dedicated the rest of his life to finding a dragon." Hunter paused,gathering his thoughts."You're not going to like this.He learned the patterns,eating habits and nesting habits of dragons.He learned the language.He trained me,when I was young,to sniff out dragons.His intention was to find a dragon and harness it's power,so that he could use it to get revenge on the king who had disgraced him.And then he would be king.He said that if I was good and helped him,he would make me prince.But I knew that if we ever found a real dragon,he would use me as a sacrifice to appease it.He taught me the language." He rubbed at his neck again,remembering all the beatings,all the torture when he refused to help."I told him no.That's why,today,he tried to kill me.I tried to run away,because I didn't want to hunt dragons.I didn't like being with him..." He sniffled and wiped his eyes,determined not to cry in front of this company.

Hidden Cupcake
\ (•◡•) /

Old 03-19-2013, 05:20 AM

Hahnu clicked his tongue, eyes narrowing. "The greed of joorre..." he muttered, looking away for a moment. "To be honest, I do not believe his plan would have worked, grohiik. Dov are fickle and greedy. I do not believe you would have made a filling snack. You're bones are barely large enough to pick my teeth." He chuckled darkly, eyeing the wolf-boy up and down. "In any case, where is this joor? If he is dead so be it. If not...I will show him why he should never challenge a dov." His voice had lowered to a nasty rumble, spines along his back bristling upward from the rest position on his back, eyes glowing dully.

Kry
Hero Complex

Old 03-19-2013, 06:14 AM

"The wolfling's master fell to my arrow." Adrian spoke the words without remorse, his eyes hardening for a moment as those words slipped past his lips. He had no reason to regret what he had done, and if he had to raise his weapons against his current guests for the safety of the garden or to protect them from one another, he would not regret that either. It was his duty, it was what he had been doing for a very long time now. His ears twitched and his tail swished as he stepped closer to the group. His eyes shifted from one member of the group to the other until his gaze stopped on Hahnu.

Gemini
(◎_◎;)

Old 03-20-2013, 02:52 AM

Hunter nodded."He's dead.And I already knew it wouldn't work.I told him I was too small,but he was afraid if he fed me more I would become strong enough to hurt him." The boy said matter-of-factly.He didn't deny the idea,but he didn't confirm it,either.

Hikari stepped forward again and looked up at the dragon."You know,I have never seen a dragon before.Is it true you can speak any language? Or take the form of a human? Not that you would want to,of course." She said,gesturing to her own weakened human form.

Hidden Cupcake
\ (•◡•) /

Old 03-20-2013, 07:12 AM

Hahnu turned his gaze, eyeing the centaur with glowing eyes. "Ah, Stormchaser," he purred, lips curling in a smile. "You join us at last. And a pity about that...man. I am still quite hungry..."As if on cue his stomach gave a low gurgle, his tail twitching slightly in embarrassment. If there was anything he truly prided himself on it was his manners. He was a gentleman first and foremost. "Hmm well...at least you are free from him, grohiik." He turned his head as the unicorn started speaking to him, his brow raising. "I have a plethora of skills, key," he said, grinning slightly as he watched her. "I...suppose I could speak any language I choose, but I prefer not to. The tongues of joorre rests like a sickness in my chest if I am to be honest. As for the matter of what forms I can assume..." He cast a long glance over his own body, neck craning slightly. "I suppose if I concentrate hard enough I can change my appearance. I have never personally found a need for such a skill. Guarding one's hoard would be difficult as a joor..."

Kry
Hero Complex

Old 03-22-2013, 06:27 PM

Adrian shifted slightly on his hooves. He had not told the others his true name, and even now he wasn't even sure why he had spoken it to the dragon at all. He did not regret the decision, though it hadn't been much of a decision, the words had seemed to slip out of their own accord. He danced lightly for a moment on those hooves, briefly wondering what the others would think, and then deciding he didn't care. His business was his own, what he told or didn't tell people was of no concern of theirs really. His ears twitched and he shook his head. It filled him with delight and an odd sort of comfort that he never realized was missing when the dragon spoke his name though.

His tail swished lightly behind him, slapping against his flank for a moment, as if to smack away his drifting thoughts. Those eyes were on the dragon with a thoughtful look in them. Many things lurked within the garden, many things that were unpleasant but had been brought here by Ishtar the same way he had. He wasn't sure though, if the garden would take kindly to it's creatures, even the nasty ones, being hunted by a dragon. All things must eat though, and even Adrian hunted the herbivores that lived and frolicked in the garden. Their meat was usually delicious. "There are things that frolic throughout that might appease your appetite. If you can catch them or find them." He seemed a little uncertain. The creatures he spoke of weren't exactly deer, but they were very deer like. "Take caution, there is no telling how the garden itself would react, even with my permission given for you to hunt here."

Adrian was not interested in their discussion of form changing. He couldn't change his form and if everyone else could, well that was very well and alright for them. Briefly he wondered, if he had been in the form of a human would Ishtar have locked him away in this beautiful cage? She probably would have. He wrinkled his nose in disdain for a moment, and turned from the others. His hooves made soft sounds as he moved towards the willow tree, disappearing behind it's long overhanging branches to go stand close to the trunk. He placed his hand on the trunk and closed his eyes. All of these guests, it made him feel very alone, very cold all of a sudden.

Last edited by Kry; 03-23-2013 at 04:32 PM..

Staria
\(@O@)ʌ...

Penpal

Old 03-22-2013, 08:08 PM

Arie's equine friend had stepped away and so had she accordingly to retrieve it. The moonmare disliked dragons out of instinct and the feelings had puzzled the kindly creature. Arie had reasurred it that instincts were natural and convinced the shimmering white creature to once again come to the river. As she returned she spotted the centaur withdraw to the willow, she raised an eyebrow in thought before patting Chandra's side. The mare took the gesture as a silent request to stay still before Arie headed for the willow, her clawed hands pushing aside the sweeping branches. Perhaps it was her instinct to comfort, perhaps it was the idea of having to live in a cage but she didn't like seeing him that way.

"Hiding seems a silly thing to do... considering your gifted guests." She chided softly in her purring voice as she hugged his shoulders from behind. Being what he was she had to stand on a root and slightly on her tip toes as though tall for a woman she was still within human proportions. The warrior placed her chin on his shoulder, her hair likely tickling at his skin. Despite her rather distant and easily amused nature she was just as cat like as woman like so the cuddling was natural to her when she wished to comfort another. She didn't seem to notice or care if he might find it flirty. Honestly it didn't occur to her, perhaps because it had been so long since she had flirted and meant it as more then fun. No, her embrace was one of offered friendship he could easily shake off if he chose. He could borrow her silent strength or refuse it and she would not be offended.

Gemini
(◎_◎;)

Old 03-23-2013, 04:14 AM

Hikari nodded."That makes sense.For a dragon,changing into a human is not very practical.For me,it is necessary to blend in.Though I am more comfortable in my natural form." She said contemplatively.Part of her mind was amazed at this encounter.Never in her life had she imagined she would get the chance to speak to a dragon.

Hunter listened intently as Hikari and Hahnu talked.His stomach growled loudly during a lull in the conversation.He blushed under his fur."Um...I can change forms,too.I can be human or wolf in addition to this form.But my master kept me in this form because he liked it better.He felt guilty beating on a human,and I was harder to control as a wolf.It was easier on his concience to see me as a monster.I don't have the energy to change right now,though." He said,to cover up his growling stomach.

PapillonCameo
(^・o・^)ノ”

Old 03-23-2013, 04:36 PM

((I'm dropping out of this one guys, I can't keep up. I'm really sorry. ))

Suddenly Astrea stumbled and fell to the ground in an undignified heap. Her lips were open, and shallow breaths escaped them. The lady's eyes fluttered open and closed for a few moments, before finally remaining shut. She slumbered without reason. The young woman's earlier sleep had perhaps been unwise, or perhaps it had caused some strange interaction with the garden. Either way, it was inexplicable.

Kry
Hero Complex

Old 03-23-2013, 05:11 PM

A front hoof pawed at the ground very gently close to that tree and his eyes opened when arms wrapped around his shoulders, Adrian tilted his head slightly and turned it to look at her somewhat. "Having so many guests pains my heart." He spoke the words quietly, solemnly. His body tensed for a moment, then relaxed, he didn't pull away from her, the hug was comforting. Odd but comforting. He couldn't clearly remember the last time anyone had hugged him and he was hesitant for it to end.

When Astrea crumpled to the ground, the willow branches moved almost violently for a moment in the still air, and Adrian pulled away from Arie's hug. There it was, the garden's first victim among these new guests, the centaur's eyes were cold and hard as he moved away from Arie. He trotted over to Astrea's slumbering form and picked her up, he held her body over his head and the willow's branches reached out to coil around that female form. The large tree lifted the girl away, pulling her deep within the branches and high up in the tree. She would slumber and be safe until she either eventually woke or died.

Silently the centaur returned to his place by the tree. His eyes only on the tree's trunk.

Staria
\(@O@)ʌ...

Penpal

Old 03-23-2013, 06:31 PM

Arie started to say something but she felt a ripple of energy. She glanced towards the girl, her ears flickering as she listened to the her heartbeat. It hadn't been very strong to begin with, no matter the strength of the soul within it. She sighed, as if this was somehow expected to her but said nothing. She had a feeling the beats were off but as the girl slept she had hoped to be wrong. She simply shook her head, quiet and thoughtful. When the centaur returned she was leaning on the trunk peering thoughtfully into the sky. Being the cursed star Valdis watching people and planets die was inevitable, but the helplessness of it did not particularly make the warrior happy. She said something softly, her people's version of a prayer involving the stars watching over one. The sounds were thoughtful and distant, as if said out of habit. She turned towards the centaur and wrapped her arms around his shoulders again so he could draw comfort.

"Would you prefer there be less guests? there are some of us who can leave this pretty trap...." She whispered quietly. She would do little to remove the others, she could only hope they followed her if she left. That was the rather uncertain peace between the star children and the divine, one did not interfere with the other..... unless of course a chaos spirit somehow interfered with the divine or took over deity.

Gemini
(◎_◎;)

Old 03-24-2013, 03:54 AM

Hikari raised her head,some deep part of her spirit recognizing the release,or near release,of another soul.The human girl who had slumbered by the willow had fallen,perhaps forever.Head bowed,Hikari whispered a prayer for her soul.

Hunter heard it before he saw it.The all-too-familiar sound of a body falling to the ground,limp.He looked around to see the human girl being lifted by the tree into the air,and guessed that somehow the garden must have taken it's toll.Tipping his head back,he howled,a long,lonely sound long used by his people to help a spirit either find it's way to the star trail or back to it's body.

Hidden Cupcake
\ (•◡•) /

Old 03-24-2013, 04:35 AM

Hahnu's eyes shut, exhaling silently as he watched the noble fall. He looked away for a moment, listening silently to the others, to their prayers. "Zii bo stin," he murmured, voice low as he finally opened his eyes. "...I will return with food shortly grohiik..." His voice was low and, without another word, he was off with a whoosh, having crawled to his feet and wing. He circled, taking in the air as he tried to find the scent of animal on the wind. Anything the garden deemed he could eat. It was the iron scent of blood that caused him to veer and sail toward the tantalizing scent.

~~*~*~*~~

His feet were bleeding. He could see it when he looked behind him, red and smeared across the grass. He whimpered lightly, lifting a hand to wipe-- he stopped as something bumped his face, pulling his arm away to give them both a long look. Oh...oh that's right. He whimpered, more tears beginning to stream down his face as he stared at the bandaged stumps, folding his arms to his sides. His black hair was tangled, reaching just past his chin. His face was bandaged as well, a swathe of cloth hastily wrapped around his head to cover his left eye. His clothes were in rags, his feet worn and bleeding, the shoulder of his 'shirt' was slipping revealing how skinny he had become...he hiccuped, one brown eye lifting to the starry sky. He didn't know where he was anymore. He'd been walking for so long, so alone and scared. He couldn't even find work in any of the towns. No one wanted to a hire someone punished for thievery. Even if they did he had no hands with which to work. It wasn't like Kray was even guilty of what he had been accused of. Telling the truth wasn't a crime he did not steal that information. He had simply seen it, reflected in his left eye. He had seen the truth and it had cost him his hands. He hated his eye. He was still so young...he was only a month short of eleven. Or....maybe he was already eleven and he had simply lost count of the days. Kray let out another sob and continued to walk, unaware that he had passed the border into some place he may never be able to leave.

((Zii bo stin- spirit fly free

Sorry to hear that Cameo. Also woo new character! I just couldn't keep away...))

Last edited by Hidden Cupcake; 03-24-2013 at 06:49 AM..

Kry
Hero Complex

Old 03-24-2013, 08:14 AM

Once again those arms had wound their way around him, and he was still. Not pulling away or leaning into the embrace, but enjoying it and the bit of comfort it provided. "I would prefer this garden didn't exist." Such a simple answer to her question and the words had been whispered, for a moment his eyes darted around. As if he thought the goddess would hear those words and come punish him for such a blasphemous idea. Nothing happened of course. Adrian tensed. The willow branches rustled slightly and his ears twitched.

"Another guest has entered the garden." The words were spoken quietly and though he should go and greet the new guest, Adrian didn't want to leave that hug again. His tail flicked gently behind him with indecision, and slowly he pulled away from her embrace. "I must go and welcome or destroy this new guest." Those words were spoken casually as he reached up and lightly touched the silver band around his neck and then the bow string that went across his chest from having the bow hanging across his back. He glanced at her, for half a moment looking indecisive, and almost inviting her to accompany him.

Staria
\(@O@)ʌ...

Penpal

Old 03-24-2013, 05:33 PM

Someday it might not she thought absently, her star did not get drawn to the most peaceful of places generally. No, what powers that guided it tended to lead her to places great destruction was soon to take place. Still she had been tired and aimless, perhaps it was coincidence and all would be well. She shook her head and turned those almost glowingly bright blue eyes on him in thought, watching that lonely, indecisive expression. She let him slip away without complain but after putting her hands in her pockets went to follow.

"We better go greet them then" She said simply, as if sensing his unspoken request. She wondered absently what they would find but said nothing of it. So much magic being gathered in one place..... was it simply due to the trap or something more? Likely just the trap but Arie was alive today because she looked at everything so carefully despite her joking, seemingly care free exterior.

Kry
Hero Complex

Old 03-26-2013, 08:58 PM

Adrian nodded at her words, pulling the bow from his back and an arrow. Notched and half drawn, but the weapon pointed at the ground. It was best to be prepared, sometimes the first shot was the deciding one in battle, though the centaur didn't really think he would need the weapon, judging by the whispers of the willow. His ears swiveled this way and that, his tail flicked gently and he began to trot in the direction of the new arrival. He glanced over his shoulder at Arie once as he led her towards the new guest, she was very different than the other guests. Perhaps she was a creature who truly could escape this cage, if she could, could she free him as well?

He shook his head slightly, as if to shake out those thoughts, and to focus only at the task at hand. And the oddity of so many guests arriving nearly at once. Even when guests had been plentiful so long ago, they didn't all seem to arrive atop each other. It was odd. Perhaps things were changing? Another glance was given to Arie and his lips parted slightly, as if he were on the verge of speaking, but the centaur held his tongue. The winds of change had definitely been in the air, he had simply ignored them. Dismissed them, but now he wondered if things would change for the better or for the worse. He shoved those thoughts away, whatever happened would happen. He would do his duty or die. It was foolish of him to think he could ever escape this place.

Adrian halted suddenly and nearly dropped his bow and half drawn arrow. Only a quick tightening of his fingers saved the weapon from falling. His lips parted slightly, and his eyes softened considerably. A child. A child had stumbled into the garden. Injured and undoubtedly lost, without a second thought Adrian replaced the arrow in his quiver, and slung that bow across his back. He stepped slowly, gently out of the brush to stand before the child, he stood there only some feet away to wait and see how this child might react to him.

Staria
\(@O@)ʌ...

Penpal

Old 03-26-2013, 09:11 PM

Arie let him stay quiet without a word, her cat like ears still. She simply stared into space, as if her own thoughts had her distracted or perhaps she was simply trying to leave him to his own. The cat like race of hers was blessed with many things, some of them being the gifts given to all cats. One such gift was bringing her the scent of blood, soon joined by the salty tang of tears. As the reached the child the causes of both scents were clear. Arie looked at the child with no expression a moment, taking in the wounds to his arms easily. No hands.... accused of thievery more then likely. It was an age old practice....

"You seem lost little kit, need some help?" She finally said softly, giving him a beaming smile. She reached into her pockets as she did so and pulled out a handkerchief before she kneeled in front of the child. She would slowly, gently reach forward and dry his eyes if he let her. She didn't say a word about his hands or even look at him, her ageless eyes simply staring into his own visible one with a slightly gentle look. She appeared neither saddened or disturbed or even surprised, just gentle and willing to help. Then again Arie rarely revealed much of what she felt unless it was amusement or a joke. The star child had become a bit too calloused by time perhaps... but she did genuinely wish to help the child. She could try to take in the local plants for some healing power but she suspected the unicorn could do better.

Hidden Cupcake
\ (•◡•) /

Old 03-26-2013, 10:12 PM

The smell had been close and Hahnu purred as he held the beast in his jaws, lips curled upward around its corpse. It had taken a stumble, breaking and ankle and cutting itself up in the process. An easy catch if he were to say. He hoped the wolf was willing to share this with him. Or...how much would eh eat rather? Hahnu was very large he'd have to eat a good chunk. He growled lightly, but continued to glide. He said he would be back and he would keep his word. He circled the tree for a few moments, eyeing the two below him. He...hadn't gotten their names. He whined under his breath, lamenting his rudeness as he tried to find a safe angle to descend.

~~*~*~*~~

Kray jerked at the rustle of foliage, turning to give the surrounding plants a cautious and fearful glance. When they pushed aside to reveal a centaur he froze, eye widening. He opened his mouth to say something, anything, to justify his presence there. Centaur were notoriously territorial, especially around his old home. Though this one was smaller than was used to...as a voice reached his ears he tensed, blinking rapidly as a woman bent in front of him, dabbing his cheek with a cloth. He bit his lip, looking between the two rapidly. He was certain he was in trouble, positive that they were going to punish him for trespassing. But the woman...her voice had been soft, comforting. Like his mother's had been. He finally nodded, feeling his legs tremble and shake, his feet numb and practically plastered to the ground. "P-please..." he muttered, voice dry and hoarse. "M-my feet hurt a-and I can't...I'm thirsty..."

Staria
\(@O@)ʌ...

Penpal

Old 03-26-2013, 10:26 PM

((I'm going to go ahead and have her sit him down and wrap his feet XD. If you wish me to i can not and change my post though)

"Well, let's sit you down here for a minute. Hush now, we can take care of all that." She responded softly. She wrapped her arms around the boy and if he let her would help lower him to the ground by placing her arm beneath his knees while her other looped behind his back so she could lower him backwards onto his bottom. Once he was down she would take off her water skinn and put it to his lips so he could drink. She would tip it just slightly so the water would come out slowly but steadily. Once he had a drink she would wet a strip of cloth from her backpack with it and begin to clean his feat, tending to them gently so she could see the damage. A few of her herbs would numb the pain and her cloth would soon be taking care of the bleeding as she wrapped it around his feet.

"I can carry you to a river near here...... there's a unicorn there that is a better healer then I am." She would offer once finished as she glanced up. She kept the water skin out, figuring he may want another drink. She gazed at him a moment in thought, quiet. She could sense his fear, nearly smell it. Her ears flickered downward a moment only to rise again as she pushed away what feeling came. She would have offered the centaurs help too but she knew some were touchy about being ridden.

Last edited by Staria; 03-27-2013 at 12:53 AM..

Kry
Hero Complex

Old 03-26-2013, 11:16 PM

Adrian was rather glad when Arie stepped forward and took charge of the situation. His only help would have been to immediately take the child to the life stream, he was not a healer, he was no good at tending wounds and he had brought no water with him to offer. He was near useless unless defending the garden or just leading the guests to the less dangerous part of the garden which was near the willow tree at the life stream. He shifted on his hooves slightly, clearing his throat the tiniest bit as he watched Arie tend to the child.

Handless child. Honestly Adrian could not understand any reasoning for removing a person's hand. What crime dictated such a punishment? He wasn't sure, and the workings of the outside world had long since become foreign to him. He shook his head slightly. "The child may ride upon my back to the life stream." Arie had offered to carry the child and though Adrian was sure she was strong enough, it was a role that fit him far better. Carrying a child on his back would be less tiresome for him than it would be for her, and it was the only kind of help he could truly offer in this type of situation.