Alexander J Luthor
\ (•◡•) /

Old 04-22-2014, 04:03 PM

Ohhh! Do want. My planting dreams are pretty much dashed right now, so I'm thinking of getting a little inside cactus.

Pistachio_Moustache
Thief of Your Intellectual Prope...

Penpal

Old 05-28-2014, 07:53 PM

Alright, so my pumpkins I have moved outside.
They are small compared to how they looked inside.
xD

The moonflowers, I haven't decided where I wanted to put them yet.
They are vines, so I have to put that into the equation.
xD

I'm going to keep the tomatoes inside.
I'm afraid of the bugs.

I now have four squash plants, three zucchini and three corn plants.

I'm excited, because they grow quickly.

Alexander J Luthor
\ (•◡•) /

Old 06-01-2014, 06:36 PM

You're going to have so many good meals in the fall. What kind of pumpkins again?

Pistachio_Moustache

Penpal

Old 06-01-2014, 06:39 PM

Pie pumpkins~

Alexander J Luthor
\ (•◡•) /

Old 06-02-2014, 06:06 AM

Yum! I saw some sort of cream cheese dip that was served in a pie pumpkin somewhere. It looked delicious, like cinnamon butter.

jellysundae
bork and means

Assistant Administrator

Old 06-04-2014, 03:33 AM

I might be coming to you for tips on the tomato plants! I plants 3 seeds, they all germinated, put 2 into pots of their own today but I'm out of compost now so the other's staying in the seedtray with the 3 pepper seedlings and the Swiss chard until I get my butt outside and go buy a new bag. And some tomato feed, as the compost they're in has been recycled out of other pots so propably has zero nutrients in it now >< I'll take some pics later, it's dark now.

Pistachio_Moustache

Penpal

Old 06-04-2014, 01:02 PM

I so need to take pictures.
I have moved my pumpkins outside and my windowsill is filled with EVERYTHING.
xDD

My corn keeps dying!
Two out of three have died! I think the last one is kicking the bucket!
I'll plant it outside.
D:

jellysundae
bork and means

Assistant Administrator

Old 06-04-2014, 06:35 PM

Ok, here's my somewhat pathetic selection ><

What do we have here. The 2 tomato plants that I potted up individually yesterday, sage that I grow from seed last year, I've hacked it down as it was straggly and I'm pinching it out as it grows to get it to bush out. The succulenty things are Buddha's Temple. I chopped that up and stuck each bit in a pot of it's own, they seem to root pretty easily, the parent plant was a single stem that had got about a foot tall and wouldn't stand up. That's now growing new shoots where I chopped the top off. You can see them if you look at the fullsize pic, it's in the terracotta pot in the blue tray.

Mexican hat plants in cluster in the pot in the front, I need to pay them some attention, they look rough! In the long planter there's what's apparently spinach at the end, though it doesn't taste or look anything like spinach! The rest in there is American land cress. I saw these seeds and was intrigued, because I love watercress, so I was keen to try and grow an alternative that could grow in soil.

This chap in here is a dwarf broad bean, isn't he the cutest! Two flowers dying on there already, so I'll be watching those like a hawk to see if pods form!

In this pathetic tray we have fennel, which I bought seeds for simply because the plants look cool >< Also 2 minute tarragon seedlings, ringed in red for your convenience, lol.

Things are doing better in this one. There's the other tomato, 3 pepper seedlings, and rainbow chard which I got just to try, it's not bad! The intent was just to eat it as salad greens. Oh and there's some sad specimens of onions in that other seedtray xD

This is why I need some new compost! This stuff is barely growing apart from the one tray, lol. I don't really expect any kind of success anyway what with growing indoors, but seeds are cheap and growing plants look good even if they don't produce any, er, produce! lol.

But! The tomatoes, I dunno if I need to pinch the tops out or not! They're not normal tomato plants, they cherry ones, and it said you can grow them indoors, so they shouldn't be going to grow to 6ft tall!

I just eat a couple of leaves from the biggest cress seedling, yum! It does taste just like watercress! Awesome!

Alexander J Luthor
\ (•◡•) /

Old 06-05-2014, 07:36 AM

What's the cute lil' cuctus-y thing in the second picture?

jellysundae
bork and means

Assistant Administrator

Old 07-25-2014, 08:33 PM

I seem to have forgotten all about this forum!

Little cactus-like gizmos are Buddha's Temple plants, a type of Crassula, apparently! They're bigger now. :D Cut the top off and they sprout four ways, which is handy :D I've got total control about how the plant ends up looking as I can snip it off and it will always branch.

So is everything else in the kitchen window.

Tomato plants intent on taking over the entire kitchen. I tried pollinating some of the flowers with a paintbrush, and I have teeny tiny tomatoes forming!

So next year I'll try with these a bit more seriously, with pinching them out more so they bush out and don't strive for reaching the ceiling. xD

Blurry cress! This is American land cress, and it does taste just like watercress! I'll sow this again next year too. :D

Basil, broad bean and fennel. Only bought the fennel seeds because the plant is pretty, no idea if I'll actually eat it! ><

Pistachio_Moustache

Penpal

Old 07-26-2014, 10:22 PM

I moved my tomatoes outside, and I have my pumpkins which keep flowering, but I'm not going to pollinate, because they are too small right now.

The flowers are so pretty, but they last like one day! D:

This is what it looks like:

My tomatoes are growing huge, but they haven't flowered yet, I can't wait.

I have my basil, and I'm growing an onion.
Also have my moon flowers, but I need to move them to bigger pots.

Alexander J Luthor
\ (•◡•) /

Old 07-27-2014, 07:58 AM

Wait, what are you two on about with pollinating? I let all my plants get fresh air and the bugs do that for me. D: nBut I also have to deal with stupid bugs that want to eat my strawberries.

Pistachio_Moustache

Penpal

Old 07-27-2014, 07:35 PM

Well, if your plants are indoors, you have to pollinate them yourself.
But if outside, bugs will do that for you.

I swear, I put my two tomatoes outside and they got HUGE in two weeks!

Alexander J Luthor
\ (•◡•) /

Old 07-27-2014, 09:01 PM

The only plant I'll never have, or plants, are fly-pollinated and ant-pollinated. So no roses or peonies for me!

jellysundae
bork and means

Assistant Administrator

Old 07-28-2014, 08:10 PM

My biggest tomato's about the size of a gumball now. I'll be amazed if they ripen though, as they only get 2-3 hours sun in the morning, through a very dirty window. If I put plants on the windowsill in the downstairs toilet they get much hotter afternoon sun, for more time, but they scorch then.

Alexander J Luthor
\ (•◡•) /

Old 07-29-2014, 05:01 AM

What kind of fertilizer are you using?

jellysundae
bork and means

Assistant Administrator

Old 07-29-2014, 08:09 PM

Some liquid stuff that I generally forget to use.

Alexander J Luthor
\ (•◡•) /

Old 07-29-2014, 09:36 PM

Have you tried using the dead or dying leaves on your plants? So long as they're just dead and not sick you can crush them and mix it in the top layer of soil on the watering day along with some of that plant food dirt. Recycling and whatnot.

jellysundae
bork and means

Assistant Administrator

Old 07-29-2014, 11:53 PM

I have done that before, yup. =3 I don't always remember, but I try to.

Alexander J Luthor
\ (•◡•) /

Old 07-30-2014, 12:23 AM

Cool! Oh, and I watched this anime movie called Wolf Children and indirectly learned how to perfectly plant a large field of potatoes and how to pair celery and cabbage so bugs don't come into your patch.

jellysundae
bork and means

Assistant Administrator

Old 07-30-2014, 12:38 AM

Useful info to get from an anime! xD

Alexander J Luthor
\ (•◡•) /

Old 07-30-2014, 02:24 AM

It also lets me know how badly I would kill for one of those classic Japanese houses off in the country. *lesigh*

jellysundae
bork and means

Assistant Administrator

Old 07-30-2014, 02:49 AM

I want the house in Totoro.

Alexander J Luthor
\ (•◡•) /

Old 07-30-2014, 07:15 PM

Yup! Same design. I just wish we could have that kind of trust in America. You'd hear of a LOT more country robberies and criminals shot to death on farms if we had those houses. *lesigh* Why can't we have nice things?

Pistachio_Moustache

Penpal

Old 07-30-2014, 07:16 PM

One of my tomato plants is budding flowers!
:D
//squee