Mariann
Crazy Book Lady; Future Crazy Pe...

Old 04-18-2010, 05:53 AM

Name: Kuratu Sugisaki
Appearence: Light blue-ish hair; blue eyes; slightly tall; wears jeans, T-shirt, and jacket - speaks with a slight English accent
Background: Kuratu was always a good student. Though lots of people liked him, he never really had any friends. He was always quiet and preferred to read than anything else, and never got invited to talk with people much, despite his apparent popularity. When he was fourteen, his parents died, after which his classmates began supporting him more. Despite this, he still keeps mostly to himself.

Evergreen Goddess
Lady's My Bestest Friend! ~
Send a message via MSN to Evergreen Goddess

Old 04-19-2010, 01:34 AM

Name: Amelia Spurrow
Appearence:
Background: Amelia loved to walk around through town when she was about seven, however....a certain accident has left her without the ability to speak. No one knows exactly what happened and she won't write it down for anyone to know. Her parents don't have a clue as to what might have happened but don't want to pressure her into talking. Instead, they take her to the stores and spoil her even though she doesn't ask for much. Now that she's older, they let her go out alone sometimes and she usually doesn't wander off anymore. Amelia can be found under any tree in town with a sketch book and a pencil. No one ever talks to her and she wonders why to this day.

Mariann

Old 04-19-2010, 02:28 AM

All right ^^ I'll start us off.

----------------

Kuratu put his books in his locker, and walked out of school. He would be out of school in a couple of months, thank goodness. It would be nice when it was over. At least then he wouldn't have to explain why no one would be coming to parent-teacher interviews or why his report cards were never signed.

With ten dollars in his pocket, Kuratu decided to get some food. He didn't get much, but it was enough to tide him over.

As Kuratu walked out of the cafe, he went to a park, wondering which bench to sleep under that night. As he walked, he noticed a girl sitting under a tree, a book and pencil with her. He always saw the girl, though he'd never spoken to her. Curious, he walked up, and knelt down a short distance away from her. 'Hello.'

Evergreen Goddess

Old 04-19-2010, 04:33 AM

Amelia began to draw a bench on her sketchbook. She had many drawings of benches, trees, and random people that walked by. As Amelia finished drawing the bench, she noticed that a boy had said hello to her.
Surprised but happy, she waved hello back. she went to the back of her sketchbook and wrote Hello...how may I help you? in there and showed it to him. he didn't have to write down the answer since he can talk. Amelia hoped he would answer. She didn't smile...just slightly. She went back to her drawing side of the sketchbook and began to draw him before he left.

Mariann

Old 04-19-2010, 04:58 AM

Kuratu was a little curious. This girl clearly wasn't deaf, because she had heard him when he had spoken, but she didn't speak. 'I'm fine, thank you,' he said. He then asked her something in sing language - 'Do you sign?'

Evergreen Goddess

Old 04-19-2010, 05:33 AM

She looked confused.
she struggled but was able to reply-"very little...teach?"
Amelia continued to draw him and after a while finished and showed it to him.
She then went back to the writing part of the sketchbook and wrote Ta da! do you like it? My name is Amelia Spurrow...what's yours? and then handed it to him placing her goggled over her eyes.
((Good-night...I have to sleep...I'll try to get on tomorrow though. ^_^ sorry.))

Mariann

Old 04-19-2010, 05:52 AM

(Oh no, don't be sorry. I'm going to bed now anyway, myself ^^)

'Kuratu Sugisaki,' Kuratu said, smiling gently at her. 'Would you like to learn a bit more sign language?'

Evergreen Goddess

Old 04-21-2010, 02:28 AM

Amelia smiled. She nodded and wrote down. It's very nice to meet you Kuratu Sugisaki! And yes, I would very much enjoy that...I'll meet you here every day for that. My parents won't want you near me...so I'll come here when allowed and wait. then handed it to him. Sign language was something she didn't mind learning...it would give her more drawing paper and it would be faster to communicate with people.

Mariann

Old 04-21-2010, 03:10 AM

Kuratu smiled gently as he read the message. 'You can find me here any time you like,' he said. 'How much sign language do you know already?'

Evergreen Goddess

Old 04-21-2010, 10:46 PM

"I just know the basics..." she said in sign.
she smiled a tiny smile that was hard to see from where he was.
Look....it's getting late, and my father is going to start looking for me if I don't return...I guess I'll see you tomorrow Kuratu. she wrote and handed that piece of paper to him, then began to walk home.

Mariann

Old 04-21-2010, 10:56 PM

'Bye,' Kuratu said, watching her go. He folded and pocketed the paper, then lay down underneath the nearest park bench and curled up.

Evergreen Goddess

Old 04-21-2010, 11:38 PM

It was night time and Amelia's parents sent her off to bed. Amelia nodded and went off to her room. she closed the door behind her, placed her sketchbook under her bed along with her pencil, and crawled onto the bed then fell to sleep. The next day she still slept and her mother left to the store while her father woke her.
"Wake up Amelia."he said and patted her head. Amelia nodded and jumped off her bed and tended it before running to the kitchen with her sketchbook and pencil.
Where's mother? she wrote. Her father yawned.
"She left to the store to get a few things...she'll be back soon. Amelia nodded and sat on the couch and waited for her mother to return.

Mariann

Old 04-22-2010, 12:26 AM

Kuratu crawled out from under the bench and stretched. He sat down on the bench and closed his eyes; there was no school that day, so he didn't have to go anywhere.

Evergreen Goddess

Old 04-22-2010, 01:06 AM

Amelia's mother returned and quickly made breakfast for the three of them.
As they sat around the table, Her mother looked at her father.
"So how's work?"she asked and began to eat. "It's slow...but not many people need operations now."he said and ate. Amelia listened but didn't dare look at them. She hated watching them as they talked and ate; instead, she ate quietly. Her father was a doctor, or surgeon as they call themselves. Her father would come home very late day after day. Her mother stayed home and cared for Amelia. They didn't send her to school out of fear that the accident would be repeated. After they ate her father said goodbye and left quickly to work. Amelia helped her mother clean the the table and her mother washed the dishes. Mother can I go for a walk now? she wrote. her mother nodded.
"Okay dear...but be careful I'll be waiting for you outside."she said.
Amelia nodded.
I'll be back soon. I promise. she wrote and left to the tree. Her mother smiled.
"I know you will."

Mariann

Old 04-22-2010, 01:17 AM

Kuratu checked the money in his pocket absently. He didn't have enough to get food - well, not much, at least - so he put it back in his pocket and sat back again.

Evergreen Goddess

Old 04-22-2010, 01:33 AM

Amelia noticed he was already there so decided to run.
"Hello" she said in sign. Then began to write.
You're here early...how are you? and showed it to him. Amelia smiled a small smile and sat under the tree like the day before.

Mariann

Old 04-22-2010, 01:48 AM

'I'm fine,' Kuratu said. 'How are you?' He came a little closer so they could talk easier.

Evergreen Goddess

Old 04-22-2010, 02:08 AM

"I'm fine too..."she said and then backed up a little.
She began to write again.
so, what are we going to learn today? she wrote and heard his stomach growl.

Mariann

Old 04-22-2010, 02:25 AM

(His or her?)

'I was thinking I'd get an idea of what you know first,' Kuratu said. 'I want you to say every word or phrase in sign language that you know.'

Evergreen Goddess

Old 04-22-2010, 03:11 AM

(his)

She nodded and began to say in sign the animals and numbers. She said some colors except black, white, orange, yellow, indigo, and brown. "mother, father, aunts, uncles, cousin....flowers"she continued. She had a lot to learn. she didn't know any flowers except...tulip, and rose.
Sorry, I know very little... she wrote.

Mariann

Old 04-22-2010, 03:15 AM

(Ah. Well, remember that being my character you can't really say what he does or not.)

Kuratu shook his head, smiling softly. 'Not many people know all of it,' he said. 'Do you want to learn some nouns?'

Evergreen Goddess

Old 04-22-2010, 03:39 AM

She looked confused.
Yes, nouns...okay I would like that. she wrote down. Amelia was a bit scared and nervous because she didn't really know this guy...he didn't trust people as easily as before anymore.

Mariann

Old 04-22-2010, 04:05 AM

Kuratu stood up and walked over to the nearest tree. He made the sign for it at the same time he said the word: 'Maple tree.'

Evergreen Goddess

Old 04-23-2010, 01:27 AM

Amelia looked at him and watched.
She tried to do the same sign but had trouble.
'hard' she said in sign. After a while, she started to get better at that sign.
'mple ree' she said in sign.

Mariann

Old 04-23-2010, 03:10 AM

Kuratu chuckled softly. He came over and knelt in front of Amelia, taking her hands gently. 'Maple tree,' he said, moving her hands through the sign slowly.