View Poll Results: What would you like the theme of the User Run Event to be?
Mene-Con!: A comic-book convention staged right here on Menewsha Island! 21 26.92%
Greek Mythology: A new fad is sweeping Menewsha: Greece! Greek Mythological figures come to Mene! 13 16.67%
Deep Sea: Sink into the depths and explore the beauty of the ocean! 16 20.51%
The Renaissance: Menewsha has been sent back to the Renaissance! 7 8.97%
Glittering Gardens: A new attractive garden has opened here on Menewsha! 6 7.69%
Menewshan Magic Academy: Get out your wands and spellbooks, it's magic time! 13 16.67%
Angered Gods: The deities on Menewsha have been riled up and must be stopped! 2 2.56%
Voters: 78. You may not vote on this poll

Elirona
Giant butt

Penpal

Old 03-03-2015, 12:09 AM

Welcome to the official 2015 User Run Event Planning Thread!

This thread is going to be used to do all the planning of 2015's user run event, planned to happen on July 15th. Let's get this thing started!

xogizmoox Was kind enough to step up to the plate and take my position as host! Thank you, Gizzie!

Last edited by Elirona; 07-04-2015 at 06:39 AM..

Elirona
Giant butt

Penpal

Old 03-03-2015, 12:17 AM

Our Staff!

This post will be the tentative list of who our event staff will be.

First off, there's me, Elirona! I've been a member of Menewsha since 2008, and this is my first time running a User Run Event. It's bound to be a fun time for all!

Our tentative staff members are:

People who can definitely help:
  • Vanora
  • PrincessKasumi
  • Queen_Andais
  • CrimsonShadow
  • Eastriel
  • AliciaNwonderland
  • Bloodstainedwings
  • Silenia
  • zyne
  • Chikyu
  • Yamka Jaden
  • Maha-Aamir
  • Babyblueyez25
  • sjacklene
  • EirianHikari

People who can possibly help:
  • salvete
  • Nola
  • Woodlandnymph
  • Roachi/Utopia
  • llonka
  • Shadami

Resident Artists:
  • PrincessKasumi
  • Silenia
  • Shadami
  • Zyne
  • Chikyu

Last edited by Elirona; 05-21-2015 at 03:55 PM..

Elirona
Giant butt

Penpal

Old 03-03-2015, 12:18 AM

The Calendar of Events and our fees

This post will have our schedule and when we should be finishing up certain objectives.

Calendar of Events:
February 26-March 1st: Narrow down theme choices. Find people who'd like to help!
March 3rd: Set up an official Event Thread for voting on narrowed-down themes.Pitch ideas for fundraising.
March 21st: Finalize chosen theme, begin creation of banners, Rent NPC for 6??? months, begin thread planning. FUNDRAISING AND COLLECTION OF DONATIONS OUT THE WAZOO!

May 5th: Finalize thread plans: 5-7 games, depending on number of possible hosts. Hosting of multiple threads is optional, but I'd prefer if you hosted 2, max 3.
May 20th: Advertise like crazy! More fundraising.
June 1st: Pay our fees!
June 10th: Recheck host availability.
June 20th: Tally donations, actually create threads in the forum, etc.
July 15th: Start the event
July 22nd: End the event, distribute prizes.
August 25th: Return unclaimed prizes to donators.

FEES TO BE PAID!
  • 3.5k For the subforum
  • 2k to rent the Event NPC
  • 2k for various banners?
Total (Subject to change): 7.5k!

Fees to be paid by Silenia! Thanks, Sil!

Last edited by Elirona; 05-16-2015 at 11:56 PM..

Elirona
Giant butt

Penpal

Old 03-03-2015, 12:18 AM

Ideas

This thread will be used to house all the ideas for stickied threads and fundraising!

Stickied Threads:
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessKasumi View Post
Choose your own adventure thread! Hosted by yours truly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen_Andais View Post
Hmmm, I would be all right with hosting a dice rolling game for a very special prize and gold.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AliciaNwonderland View Post
Thanx for the ping elironia!

I'd be happy to run an avatar theme contest with babyblueyez25

We will provide first second and third place prizes for it

---------- Post added 03-03-2015 at 06:59 AM ----------

Or I'd be happy to run a raffle type contest. Whichever is best :)

I will of course provide the raffle items as.well
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yamka Jaden View Post
How about a scavenger hunt sticky? Participants are given a list of things to find on this site and must submit the list before the event is over with. The list could start off fairly easy then the last few items could be very hard to find. Whoever finds the most items, wins!

Or even a crossword puzzle, with the answers related to Mene and the theme.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chikyu View Post
I see, then in that case, may I host an art contest thread? Based on the winning theme, I can get into better detail :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Multiple People
How about an avatar contest? Maybe one for cosplay or a "Hero versus villains" type dealy.

Last edited by Elirona; 06-03-2015 at 11:33 PM..

Elirona
Giant butt

Penpal

Old 03-03-2015, 12:19 AM

Links in and out of the thread

This post will be used to keep track of all the fundraising threads created to raise funds to, well, fund the URE!

Links In:

Quote:
[url=http://www.menewsha.com/forum/community/community-discussion/214062-2015-user-run-event-official-planning-thread-theme-has-been-picked-were-going-mene-con-suggest-some-names-mule.html][img]http://i58.tinypic.com/es11d0.jpg[/img][/url]
Graphic by xogizmoox!

Obsolete GraphicsX

[URL=http://www.menewsha.com/forum/community/community-discussion/214062-2015-user-run-event-official-planning-thread-now-open-lets-do-thing-come-vote-official-theme.html][IMG]http://i1380.photobucket.com/albums/ah162/Charlow/banner%20ure_zpsfwc1kanr.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

Banner by Chikyu!

[URL="http://www.menewsha.com/forum/community/community-discussion/214062-2015-user-run-event-official-planning-thread-come-vote-official-theme-weve-got-our-mule.html"][IMG]http://i60.tinypic.com/2ec2dcy.gif[/IMG][/URL]

[URL="http://www.menewsha.com/forum/community/community-discussion/214062-2015-user-run-event-official-planning-thread-come-vote-official-theme-weve-got-our-mule.html"][IMG]http://i61.tinypic.com/121twsj.gif[/IMG][/URL]
Banners by Silenia!

Links Out:

Art shop run by Silenia! Cute little pixels!

The URE Art Mall! Lots of great artists!

Last edited by Elirona; 05-18-2015 at 03:40 PM..

Elirona
Giant butt

Penpal

Bookkeeping

This post will be used for bookkeeping. I'm going to be tracking everyone who donates, what was donated, and things of that nature!

DonationsX

• Silenia: 7500 gold,
  • Kay Lynn: 3000 gold
  • BellyButton: 3000 gold, Beau shoes - grape, Beau shoes - black, Cheshire pants - fizzy, Romantic Valentine, Luminous Lights - From Cain, Sparring Supplies - From Tesel, Lonely Lanterns, Got Gourds?, Freaky Fonts, Macabre Masks, Pullin' Moar Faces, Cozy up for winter, Daisy Hairpin - choc malt, Noelle skirt - teal,Nalin's magic flowers, Attack of the Allergies, Little Teal Present, Domino Mask - Dragon x5, Watchman Chest Straps - Forest x5, Lucky Ham Hock x10
  • Elirona: 300 gold, Mene's Chicago Typewriter, Chocolate Contraband, Foamy Delight, Nouveau Headband, Honeymooner's retreat, Gather Ye Rosebuds, Wedded Bliss Topiaries, Stage Settings - Celebrations Pack, Wedding Arch, Karmic Glow, The Dusty Dreamer, Death's Minion, Pullin' Moar Faces
  • xoxoAngiexoxo: 3000 gold, Foamy Delight, Mene's Chicago Typewriter, Chocolate Contraband, Nouveau Headband
  • AliciaNWonderland: 6000 gold, Birthday Celebration
  • Babyblueyez25: 13000 gold, Year of the Warm Fuzzies
  • Cora: Bee Slippers, Imperial Regality x2, Flying High, Sacred Forest, Pullin' Moar Faces, Mischief Maker, Yumeh Plush x2, Legendary Unicorn x2, Lil' Red and the Big Meanie, Pimp Out Your Sovereign, The Dusty Dreamer, Empress of Hope x2, Ultimate Gentleman, Homestead Harvest, Macabre Masks, Freaky Fonts, Candy and Flowers, Where's the Rum?!, Vagabond's Vuvuzela: From Nami, Gag Gifts - From Peeblo, Sparring Supplies - from Tesel, Luminous Lights - From Cain, Gorgeous Glass - from Cessy, Kitschy Knits - from Channah, Midas Touch, Omniscient Eye, Yumeh Plush, Winter Wonderland, Cozy Cabin, Our Feathered Friends
  • Chikyu: 11000g, Berenice's Hair, Celestial Altar, Festive Wreath, Staff of Orchids
  • CloudDreamer:29611.73 gold
  • Maha-Amir: 3000 gold
  • Ryuk2212: 1541 gold
  • Mr. Stravaganza: Alter Ego

SpendingsX

• 1606 gold spent on avatar's outfit
  • 2500g on Cybernaut Interceptor, Vicktoria's Natural Updo
  • 10000g on 3 Cybernaut Interceptor, 2 Kiss of Darkness
  • 2500g on Cybernaut Interceptor
  • 4000g on 2 Vicktoria's Natural Updo
  • 7000g for Alter Ego, bought from Roachi
  • 15944g to buy Commander pants - dove, Aeronaut boots - dove, Noelle skirt - white, Cable sweater - white, Noelle top - festival, Debonair Vest - White, Vogue Choker - White, Punked Collar - White ,Nubbly Scarf - White, Estella Earrings - White, Sweetheart bow - foxy, Meredith shoes - red, Bradshaw Bag - Red, Demonate Tail - Red, Windsor trousers - red, Brigand pants - red, Reef swimshorts - red, Noelle skirt - red, Meredith skirt - red, Berry Red Saints Sash, Maria dress - festive, Cable sweater - red, Brigand shirt - red, Cathay Sleeves - Red, Cardinal Shoulder Puffs, Commander Necklace - Cardinal, Lacey Choker - Red, Valentino Red Eyepatch, Sweetheart bow - Passion, Noelle hair bow - red, Brigand pants - regal, Windsor trousers - damson, Windsor trousers - blackberry, Aeronaut boots - regal, Brigand shirt - regal, Maria dress - bell, Krimble hairpin - regal, Windsor trousers - merlot, Reef swimshorts - merlot, Naias shirt - merlot, Cuppa - raspberry, Mina Scarf, Krimble hairpin - plum, Ribbed scarf - violet, Cozy capelet - lavender, Ribbed scarf - lilac, Estella Earrings - Lavender, Krimble hairpin - lavender, Cozy capelet - strawberry, Sunseeker Skirt - Dusk, Oldman Glasses - neon pink, Brigand boots - black, Aeronaut boots - crow, Loud golf pants - hot pin, Sweetheart bow - zesty,Sweetheart bow - chic, Sunseeker Skirt - Pink, Bradshaw Bag - Pink, Reef swimshorts - hot pink, Noelle skirt - pink, Sunseeker Skirt - Cerise, Sunseeker Top - Cerise, Frozen Heart Necklace, Oldman Glasses - aqua, Frozen Heart Pillbox Hat, Fingerless gloves - turquoise, Loud golf pants - mint, Mortimer vest - aqua, Swann Boots - Teal, Love bomb - sour apple, Valentino shoes - teal, Valentino socks - teal, Meredith shoes - turquoise, Tweed pants - slate, Elton Shades Teal, Ear Fuzzies - Teal, Noelle hair bow - teal, Fairy Tiara - Aquamarine, Espresso Flower Basket, Duck Egg Flower Basket, Lavender Flower Basket, Tropical Flower Basket, Fingerless gloves - silver, Milano Boots - Grey, Brigand pants - silver, Meredith skirt - silver, Debonair Blazer - Gray, Cable sweater - gray, Debonair Vest - Gray, Oldman Glasses - silver, Debonair Vest - Granite, Commander Necklace - Dark Dove, Valentina bow - spring green, Cheshire hat - bosky, Bradshaw Bag - Green from Zigbardolube

Prizes DistributedX

• 5000g and a Pullin' Moar Faces distributed to Shadami
  • Alter Ego to Ava the Vampire
  • Mischief Maker to Inzanebraned

Last edited by Elirona; 06-03-2015 at 02:11 AM..

Elirona
Giant butt

Penpal

And a reserved post, just in case.

Last edited by Elirona; 03-03-2015 at 12:37 AM..

Elirona
Giant butt

Penpal

Old 03-03-2015, 12:37 AM

The thread is now open, let's plan this thing!

@My Friends;

PrincessKasumi
Stalker Ninja
Penpal

Old 03-03-2015, 12:48 AM

Choose your own adventure thread! Hosted by yours truly.

Elirona
Giant butt

Penpal

Old 03-03-2015, 12:49 AM

Hey, Kasumi! :3

---------- Post added 03-02-2015 at 09:10 PM ----------

K, now that this is set up, i'm heading to the gym. Be back in a bit! Make sure to behave yourselves.

Silenia
Goddess of Silly Creepiness, Que...

Old 03-03-2015, 01:18 AM

Fundraising-wise, once plans are somewhat more concrete, I will be asking staff if my charity mule is permitted to donate a few items and/or gold to the prizes. I also intend to donate some gold and spare items from my personal accounts along with the covering of fees. I intend to sell and/or auction some art for fundraising purposes as well, either on my own or together with some of the other artists who want to help fundraise. (Might even do both, depends on how things go).

Queen_Andais
I move the stars for no one.

Penpal

Old 03-03-2015, 01:46 AM

Hmmm, I would be all right with hosting a dice rolling game for a very special prize and gold.

Silenia

Old 03-03-2015, 02:06 AM

And I've got a link for you to a fundraising thread:
Mini-You Pixel Art Shop: Profits go to URE 15 by yours truly.

Elirona
Giant butt

Penpal

Old 03-03-2015, 02:28 AM

Thanks, guys! I just got back from the gym, so I'm going to hop in the shower before updating anything.

PrincessKasumi
Stalker Ninja
Penpal

Old 03-03-2015, 03:06 AM

Glad see this URE ball finally rolling :)

I wouldn't mind doing a art auction like we did last year to raise money

Elirona
Giant butt

Penpal

Old 03-03-2015, 03:15 AM

We're updated!

Dystopia
Bitter-Bitter

Old 03-03-2015, 04:11 AM

Seacows! Seacows! :3

Elirona
Giant butt

Penpal

Old 03-03-2015, 04:31 AM

ALL the seacows, Dys.

Silenia

Old 03-03-2015, 04:48 AM

By the time I get around to donating funds and items--including those from my pixel art, those from my personal accounts and potentially those I may get permission for from my charity account--which account should they be sent to?

Elirona
Giant butt

Penpal

Old 03-03-2015, 04:54 AM

I want to say to send them to my mule, since he has nothing, and then give them to the event mule once it gets rented?

---------- Post added 03-03-2015 at 12:55 AM ----------

But I'm pretty sure that by the time you actually get your donations, we should have the event mule rented, so I wouldn't worry about it. I'll look into it. Right now it's 12:30 and I'm trying to finish some last minute assignments, and then I'm going to sleep.

Silenia

Old 03-03-2015, 05:04 AM

Alright. In that case, just poke me when you need me to pay the fees for the mule and everything else.

Elirona
Giant butt

Penpal

Old 03-03-2015, 05:05 AM

We'll probably do that possibly tomorrow? I have a lot of downtime between my two classes, and class might even get cancelled tomorrow. It's supposed to snow.

Silenia

Old 03-03-2015, 05:13 AM

Want me to send the gold ahead to you so you can send it when you have a bit of spare time?

Elirona
Giant butt

Penpal

Old 03-03-2015, 05:15 AM

Yeah, if that's okay.

Silenia

Old 03-03-2015, 05:16 AM

Wouldn't have offered it if it wasn't. To your main or mule--and if mule, username please? <3