Seer Of the Future
Live Breathe Art

Old 03-12-2011, 05:53 PM

KAden struggled until Leon came over to him and then began begging for him to let him go. Leon then braved the fire and released him, and Kaden fell off the gurdy after the fire flared. He then began to calm down, choking down air, and the flames began to recied. He looked up at Leon with his hair plastered to his face and looked up at him. "Thank you..." he choked and coughed, the flames comletely dissappearing. "I-I can't stand... being tied up..." he whispered and shuddered. "I'm sorry I burned you..."

kionaredhawk
Purple magic swirls and undulate...

Old 03-12-2011, 07:43 PM

Kyreian woke, gasping for breath. And she couldn't move. She tried to call out, to see if Dante had come back. But her throat was too raw from screaming, she could only rasp. She shuddered in her coccoon, not from the cold. She wanted to go home. Slowly, breathing as even as she could to keep calm, she started to unravel herself from the two blankets. It took longer than it should have but she managed it. Once out, she went through her normal stretching routine, the routine giving her a semblance of sanity.
She finished that, then quickly gathered all of her knives, placing them back in their places. She looked around the room for her jacket but remembered that she had dropped it during her mad dash away from the man she had unwillingly killed. She sighs and was about to exit the room when the guns caught her eyes again. Being unable to resist, she went to the table and slowly touched each one of them, not moving them but just gentle smoothed her hand over each one. She wanted to pick them up, wanted to play with them. They were beautiful.
Her eyes glazed over as she looked at them. She was still tired, her sleep not being restful. When she realized she was drifting back into the nasty dream world, that she could feel and almost see Xavier on the edge of it, even if he wasn't really there, she jerked back from the guns, sapphire eyes intense. She was starting to get angry. All of this was absolute crap. She turned quickly on her heel and exited the room. She looked down the hall both ways, took a deep breath and picked the way she had come with Dante. She was getting out of their, she was going home. End of story. She was not going to wait around for that Xavier guy to mess with her more. She was leaving. I'm sorry Dante, she thought.

Esmme
See you later, Cole. "How do you...

Old 03-13-2011, 09:18 PM

Jill, eyes wide, nodded. "I'm fine," she said, flicking the hammer back as the men started to regain their footing. Her nightmare was beginning anew. These creatures were not men - they were monsters. "They're just like the others!" She felt her breath coming more quickly as fear sped through her. Instead of panicking, the blonde aimed over Tyrod's shoulder. "This is what happened to me."
Firing her first round, she struck one of them square in the chest. The man fell back, but soon drug himself to his feet. After a few more shots such as this, Jill killed one - the head seemed to be the only means of destroying them. Shouting out as much, the woman grew intent on killing. She would destroy them all. None of these creatures would survive.

((She's so traumatized that she didn't neccesarily think about Tyrod's use of powers there. :sweat:))
-

Leon shook his head. "It's . . . fine." What else does one say? It wasn't on purpose. Gray eyes narrowing, he stared at Kaden for many moments. "You started that fire," he said slowly. "And you put it out. Can you . . . control it?" The broad-shouldered male sat heavily on the bench near the door. His hands stung like nothing he'd ever felt before, and they weren't being let out of the room. Glancing toward the window, Leon sighed. They were stuck.
-

Dante narrowed his eyes. The scene below him was unusual - he'd never seen anything like it. Red gaze raking over the two figures, Jill and Tyrod, Dante shook his head. They were dealing with something that wasn't human - something that Xavier had warned him about. The winged male stood, pondering whether or not he should intervene. It looked as though the pair was doing a rather good job of defending themselves.
The horned male inclined his head, taking a deep breath as he spread his wings. May as well do something. Xavier wanted one of the two defenders - the male. Tyrod had drawn attention to himself through using his powers. It was time to bring him to the master.
With a snap of leather wings, Dante landed behind the zombie-like pack. A gun was soon drawn, and he was firing at the creatures closest to him as he slowly stepped forward. Keeping his monstrous demon-looking form, Dante met Tyrod's gaze. "What is your name?" He had to be sure this was the man.

((:( Sadly, Dante won't stop her from leaving - not yet. He will have to go after her again, or he will run into Kyreian as he brings Tyrod in for Xavier. :yes:))

Seer Of the Future
Live Breathe Art

Old 03-13-2011, 10:06 PM

Kaden looked up painfully and nodded. "I-I have been reading alchemy books...." he choked out and then shook his head. "But... Being human... I shouldn't be able to..." he choked and coughed. Then looking at the walls he then looked up at Leon. "I can get us out.... But I don't know how far I can go..." he whispered, shocked that his body could still be running as well as it was. "Its he best I can do to thank you for freeing me and saving my life..." he whispered smiling slowly.

Marsyas
Words are meaningless unless you...
Send a message via MSN to Marsyas

Old 03-14-2011, 04:36 AM

(I see lol)

Listening to the advice given in the heat of the battle Ty planted his dagger in one's head before using his ability to crush another one's. So she had been fighting these and they're normal huh? He sighed mentally (since he didn't have time to do so outright) and just as they had dispatched the last one more appeared from off the tops of roofs and from around the corner. "What in the hell is going on? Where did these come from? And what the hell did YOU do to them?" This was ridiculous.

There were quite a few more this time than there had been initially. In fact, there were more than Ty was willing to attempt counting, but that was the least of his worries. They were now surrounded (in almost every form of the word) and there was literally no way out. Thinking on his toes, the rogue decided that they needed to run if they planned on making it out alive, but where to? Looking around there was nowhere to go. Dammit.

The monsters were closing in on them and the dark haired male had closed the gap between himself and Jill placing his back to hers. "How many rounds do you have left? I have an idea..."

kionaredhawk

Old 03-14-2011, 10:06 PM

(Esmme, i know :) She just has to go home and regroup XD We'll see what happens anyway :P)

Kyreian managed to find her way up and out of the building, not surprised at how run down it looked. For some reason, it seemed to fit. She quickly walked to a corner that had the street signs on it and got her barrings. She quickly walked toward her apartment, wishing suddenly she had something to cover her neck with. She had forgotten that she had a wound track from when that man bit her. Biting her lip, she picked up her pace until she was almost running.

As soon as she got into her building and into her 4th floor apartment, she locked the door behind her. She closed her eyes briefly, willing away the tears that finally wanted to come spilling out. She shot open her eyes and growled as the water wouldn't go away. So she just went about getting a clothes and a shower done, letting the tears fall as they may. She had to pause occasionally to stop it from actually overwhelming her but she managed.
Once the shower was done, she got dressed into a pair of black pants and a black tank top. She grabbed her bag full of scarves that she never used and went through it several times before deciding on the blue silk scarf her mother had sent her one year for her birthday from china. It made her eyes brighter and sparkle more. Not that Ky really noticed that but it worked for covering the gauze that she had put over the wound. She sat down on her bed that was piled with the accessories and just stared at the floor. What was she to do now? She now knew that she was...different. And it wasn't a good thing. At least, she wasn't sure it was yet. She also knew that some crazy man bit her and it hurt and that she couldn't go to sleep again. She wouldn't. She just can't.

She gets up and throws on a pair of black tennis shoes and goes back out, grabbing a black jean jacket and her different licenses out of her other pair of jeans from the night before on the way out. She checks to make sure all the same knives are in place and grabs a set of very thin throwing daggers for her wrist sheath that went well under her sleeves. She threw on the jacket as she walked down the stairs and out.
She starts walking in a random direction, wanting to just go, not caring where. She wondered briefly if she should go to another bar, loving the idea of getting drunk. But then she remembered the night before and how that obviously doesn't work anymore. She growled and picked up her pace again, just wanting to move. She was starting to get angry, even if her face was totally emotionless.

Esmme

Old 03-15-2011, 07:31 PM

"Just don't get us into more trouble," Leon said quietly. He was grateful that his new friend had such gracious thankfulness - hopefully it was enough to get them free. I can't stay here. These people can't have me. Grimly smiling, he stood. "Any chance we can get moving now?" The murmur of people talking in the hall right outside made Leon wary. He needed to get out of there - before they got ahold of what he was doing.
-

((HAHAHA, Tyrod must have not noticed the demon-like man that was talking to him. . . . *giggle*))

Dante suddenly snarled, lashing out at the nearest of the creatures. Die. His sword was soon mauling a good many of them - there seemed to be no end to how many of these odd people. They started pouring in through alleys and over buildings. Dante bore his fangs and grit down, ramming into a few of them to crush them.
Looking up, the red-eyed male saw that Tyrod and Jill were now backed into a corner of sorts. They were utterly surrounded. If I don't help them, I will be . . . punished. He personally didn't care about the fate of the two, but Xavier wanted them alive. At least, he wanted Tyrod alive. With a growl, he shoved a few of the zombies away from him in irritation. This must be the man.
-

"I have 12 left," Jill called, surprised when she felt Tyrod against her. They needed to get out of this . . . they would be eaten alive if they didn't. "And that's if I don't miss anyone." Shaking as adrenaline flowed through her, the blonde's expression turned to stone. "Start with that idea before we both die!"
-

((@Kiona - I see what you mean. ^_^ She's having a rough time. haha, any ideas as to how I should come after her? :lol:))

kionaredhawk

Old 03-15-2011, 07:42 PM

(Es, she isn't used to that type of...change XD and I have no ideas at the moment. It'd be hilarious if he found her while she was actually in her other form...and going nuts :XD)

Esmme

Old 03-16-2011, 01:48 AM

((Other form going crazy - that would be rather humorous. :lol: I think it's a good idea. Perhaps I'll have him be sent out after her . . . when he's finished with Tyrod and Jill, of course. Have a good Spring Break, deary!))

Seer Of the Future
Live Breathe Art

Old 03-16-2011, 05:16 AM

Nodding Kaden stood and limped over to the other side of the room. He then looked at his hands and clapped them together, fire suddenly leaping between them. He then concentrated and pressed it against the wall, cutting out a whole big enough for the both of them. He then grinned andlet the fire die. Sagging down he pushed the wall away with his shoulder and gruted in pain. "Okay..." he said softly and walked threw the hole first, staggering as he was out of the room, feeling horribly sick.

Esmme

Old 03-16-2011, 05:35 AM

Seeing Kaden break through the wall, Leon shook his head. "That was incredible," he said, reaching out to steady his friend. Glancing back to the door, he frowned. "Come on. Let's get out of here." Grabbing Kaden's arm, he slid it over his shoulders and pulled him along toward the city streets. They needed to disappear . . . and he knew just the place in which to do it. There was an abandoned old apartment building not far from them. "Almost there," he grunted, pulling Kaden along. The guy looked ready to fall over dead.

They reached the old building a few blocks away, and Leon let his friend rest against the wall as he did the same. "I think we should keep you away from them," he said, looking to Kaden as they rested. "A life as a lab rat doesn't sound too good." Ignoring the burning in his hands, Leon found one comfort in the silent building: there were no people in it. With a quiet sigh, he pressed his fingers to the cool stone for relief.

Seer Of the Future
Live Breathe Art

Old 03-16-2011, 05:48 AM

"And not without difficulty." Kaden rasped as he was then led out of the hospital. He did his best to keep moving, and he was glad he wasn't leaving s trail of blood. Yet. Groaning as he leaned against the building his lungs felt like they were on fire and his legs were ready to give out on him. "Leom.... I-I..." he rasped and then coughed, turning his head he spit up blood. "I d-don't think I'll make it..." he rasped and nearly fell but caught the wall.

Esmme

Old 03-18-2011, 03:17 AM

Seeing Kaden's weakness, Leon stuffed his own fatigue away. He hadn't slept in almost two days. He'd been running since the first incident occured. "Yes you will." The man's voice gave no room for arguement, and he stubbornly grasped the man's arm again. Pulling it over his shoulders, Leon started toward the ruined building. He kept going until they were both inside and practically choking on dust in the darkness. It was dreadfully cold within the apartment, and everything was run down and vandalized.
"We can hide here." It was the medical attention that Kaden needed that would become the problem. He didn't want him to get worse, but there was no way to fix him up the way a doctor could. "I can patch you up a bit. Maybe there's someone around the block that knows some medical skills."

As they entered an empty kitchen and living room, Leon allowed Kaden to lean against the counter. They both needed the break. "Wait here. I'll find some water." Starting toward every sink in the first couple rooms, he was surprised to find that the water actually ran through the pipes rather cleanly. Perhaps someone had forgotten to turn it off?
-

With a hiss, Xavier woke from his rest. Slowly letting darkness cloud him, the man listened to the happenings in the building. Someone was inside the apartment - the ground-level floor was running a sink. The dark-haired male hissed loudly, fading into nothingness. He appeared in front of a bleeding and wounded man that smelled of ash and death.
"What is your business here?" he asked in a hissing tone that echoed after his lips moved. This man, Kaden was his name, held a powerful signature. He reeked of potential - and of power.

Seer Of the Future
Live Breathe Art

Old 03-18-2011, 03:38 AM

Coughing and nodding Kaden rested against the counter. he was tired, covered in sweat, ash, and dirt, and he was ready to pass out. Looking at the counter he then sighed and tried to right his breathing. he then closed his eyes and sighed. This area was not exactly the best for his health right now. he then opened them with a jerk hearing someone's voice. Gasping in shock seeing the new comer his heart sped up. "Finding refuge." he said and then blinked rapidly trying to make sure his vision was n't messed up by his cracked and dirty glasses.

Esmme

Old 03-18-2011, 06:49 AM

Xavier tilted his head slowly, regarding Kaden for many moments in silence. He finally let a cruel smile spread over his pale features. Red eyes filled with amusement as he spoke. "You are frightened." That wasn't unusual. But . . . perhaps he could get a response out of the boy. Perhaps he could test his powers then and there.
Reaching a clawed hand forward, he hissed. Xavier caught Kaden's chin, turning his face to examine him. "I can taste your fear." He didn't sound too upset about it, either. The abnormally tall creature blinked slowly as Leon returned. The man paused with a glass of water in his hands, wondering if he was seeing things.
No. This isn't real. Perhaps the burns on his hands were making him delusional.

Seer Of the Future
Live Breathe Art

Old 03-18-2011, 06:58 AM

Kaden gasped seeing the claws this man had for hands. Looking up at him, he blinked his multi colored eyes swiftly. It wasn't a dream. Oh lord! his breathing picked up as the man whispered about his fear, his voice nearly chilling him to the bone. He could'nt give up now though... he was so close to living... Suddenly hearing Leon he gasped. Leon couldn't get hurt. he absolutely couldn't. He had risked his life to free him... Now it was time to return the favor. Glasses flashing, kaden grunted and clapped his hands together, suddenly making the counter leap out in the form of a spear at the man, buying Kaden a simgle second to clap again, summoning fire that licked up his arms. "leave us alone." he said, his voice alot more firm and confident then he truely was. He didn't have long before he passed out.... But hopefully it would be long enough.

((hope you don't mind that Kaden used a bit of basic alchemy as well ^^))

Esmme

Old 03-18-2011, 07:15 AM

((^_^ Go Kaden!))

Xavier released Kaden's chin when the boy reacted with his powers. "Impressive," he said, regarding the weapon with a look of amusement. The fire seemed to catch his attention even more. Red eyes narrowing, Xavier met the boy's gaze. "Do you really think you can harm me, boy?" It sounded threatening, despite his calm tone. Wisps of darkness flowed about the tall male as he watched Kaden, and the air seemed to drop a good twenty degrees.

Blinking in surprise as his breath became visable in small clouds, Leon slowly set the glass of water on the nearest surface. Xavier wasn't looking at him, so he would assume the creature hadn't seen him yet. Glancing to the fire that Kaden summoned, Leon quickly took action of his own. He wasn't going to let this thing get to them after all they'd been through.
Lifting a loose board from from the floor, Leon silently stepped up behind the odd being. Raising the wood, he planned on bringing it down with enough force to do some major damage.

Seer Of the Future
Live Breathe Art

Old 03-18-2011, 07:20 AM

Kaden smirked feeling the degrees drop. his mind raced with the scientific formulas and looking around he found what he wanted. "yes. I can." he growled back and suddenly the fire shot out and expanded, as if a dragon was racing around the room, and then suddenly the lights above exploded. Kaden's fire went out the second the boards on the windows closed, his powers working swiftly. He suddenly ignightened once again and shot a huge blast of fire from behind the clawed thing, gritting his teeth in pain. i seared my wound closed enough... But it wont last long if I keep this fighting up... not to mention my energy will dwindle into nothing if we don't do something... And if I have to I'll hit the gass lines.

Marsyas

Old 03-18-2011, 08:15 AM

That's not nearly enough for this horde but it should be enough to hold them off until I can muster the strength to get us out of here! Ty nodded to Jill accepting what they had to work with and barked out the order, "Hold them off!" And turned immediately to the old bloodstained wall of the building beside them.

I don't know if they're inside too but that's a risk we'll have to take.

Settling down into a relaxed solid base the male curled his arms and his fist in, tightly at his side as his muscles flexed and expanded. Taking a deep breath the gravity manipulator then took a long step forward and made a strong shoving motion. And as if he had actually pushed it in, the wall gave under the weight of the invisible force creating an opening large enough for humans to enter one at a time. Precision is hard work.

Shouting to the girl as he readied himself to defend her escape Ty shouted, "Get inside, I'll hold them off." After spouting the words he wasted no time in doing so.

He watched as she ducked inside while he slammed, shoved and launched the fiends in every which direction not really seeming to get much done as they steady kept coming. It felt as if two or three replace everyone he knocked back. Once Jill was safely inside Ty retreated until he was right next to the opening. He then pulled his arms in across his chest and released them in a horizontal arching motion which sent their attackers reeling in opposite directions creating just enough time for him to do what he had planned next.

Taking this brief opportunity he hopped in the doorway sized opening, sweat giving his body a slight gloss against the moonlight, and motioned for Jill to gain some distance. Taking a few hop steps backwards, Tyrod took a quick deep breath and with his right arm made an elongated hammer motion effectively collapsing the side of the building and bringing a wave of surging dust up from the old rickety place covering Ty.

Coughing, and fanning fumes from his mouth and face in the process as he emerged from the dust, the mutant called out to Jill, "Are you alright?" He was panting softly for air, admitting to under his breath that this was more excitement than he had bargained for.

(Sorry for the recent inactivity)

Esmme

Old 03-18-2011, 10:39 PM

Xavier grunted quietly as the fire seared behind him. He's strong. The creature shifted to the side in a blur, knocking Leon (who was swinging the board) to the ground with a small motion of his arm. Xavier resumed his silent stance a few feet from the fire, his interest in Kaden seeming to blossom.
"Is that all you can do?" Somehow he'd managed to avoid everything - and he didn't look the least bit worried. "You're stronger. I feel it on you, boy."

From where he was on the ground, Leon grit his teeth in frustration. If he had his gun, this would be over. Unfortunately, the only weapon he had (the board) was shattered all over the floor (thanks to Xavier). Rolling onto his side, Leon slowly stood again. Perhaps if he distracted the guy. . . .
"Hey," he tapped Xavier's shoulder, balling his free hand into a fist. Unfortunately, it didn't work as planned. As Leon's fist flew toward him, the tall creature moved with frightening speed. Xavier let out a hiss of irritation as Leon was sent flying into the next room with a crash. He lost conciousness the moment he hit the opposite wall.
-

((AHHAHAH, oh Marsyas . . . Dante is around too, I hope you notice. The red font - yeah, he was with you guys. But hey! I'll just have him pop up with you. :lol:))

As Jill fired her last round, she began to panic. We're dead. It was then that she was ushered into the building . . . that Tyrod had supposedly broken into with his mind. Before she could fathom what happened, she witnessed another blast of power from her strange new friend. "Holy sh-" The blonde woman's words were cut off by her coughing. Dust filled the air in a toxic fume, threatening to choke them to death. Jill was glad she would die in a civil manner, but it seemed so petty after escaping the horde.

Her coughing was cut off by a scream as a clawed hand clapped over her mouth. Tyrod! It had to be one of the zombies. There was no other explaination. Fighting with all her might, Jill was finally pulled off the ground and held against a man's chest - a warm chest, at that.
"I'm sorry I scared you, girly!" Dante's glowing eyes did nothing but freak Jill out even more. When he released her with an apology, she slammed her fist into his face . . . only to curse in pain as she felt something snap. "Now that's not nice." Dante's head was hardly turned by her strike, and he took a step back so as to let her calm down. "I'm only here for some information."
Red eyes resting on Tyrod, the demon-like creature smiled grimly. "You're Tyrod, aren't you?"

Last edited by Esmme; 03-18-2011 at 10:45 PM..

Seer Of the Future
Live Breathe Art

Old 03-18-2011, 10:54 PM

Kaden gasped as he growled. Leon was thrown into the wall after being thrown on the floor. Growling he looked at the floor. Clapping his hands he pressed them to the floor, finding the gas tubes and they exploded under Xavier's feet. The floor gave and he nearly fell too but righted himself. He then threw a huge fire ball right after him. He then fell and his wound reopened. His gaze was fading and he crawled over to Leon and shook his shoulder. "Leon... Wake up... Leon...." he choked and coughed, covered ingrim, sweat, and ashes.

Marsyas

Old 03-19-2011, 07:57 AM

(LOL yes I knew he was around but he's resourceful so I figured he would find a way in like a side door... or something... bahaha lol. I had faith in him *nods earnestly*)

As the dust slowly began to clear and his cough began to diminish as well, Tyrod heard the sounds of a scuffle and then his name. He couldn't see all that well but he could definitely make out two red orbs peering in his direction, "Well I'll be damned... the monsters speak too." Dammit, if they have Jill I'm at a disadvantage. I've got to think of something...

Feeling a sense of impending danger, the male naturally braced himself while maintaining the illusion of a calm demeanor, "I am Tyrod... who might you be and what have you done with my lady friend?"

His tone was condescending and rebellious as he used the dust to try and conceal himself partially at least. If he could get Jill out of this, whoever this was, could try taking him and doing as they pleased. "Let her go and you can do what you want with me." There was a time for deception and a time for honor. But now it was definitely time to deceive. Death was not on the agenda for him today.

(Oh and let me know if his language is out of line... :sweat: )

Esmme

Old 03-21-2011, 07:53 PM

Xavier disappeared into the explosion as heat filled the air. A hiss of irritation (or was it pain?) filled the area. The fireball collided with something, and there was a rush of air followed by a deep silence. Xavier didn't reappear.

Coughing and trying to force his eyes open, Leon hardly moved when Kaden shook him. I'm fine. Really. Don't worry about me. Somehow the words never reached his lips. As his body slowly regained responsive movement, his gray eyes focused on his friend's face. "You okay?" he rasped, coughing into his fist before dragging himself up to lean against the wall. His knee felt, quite frankly, as though it had been shattered. Pressing a hand to it, Leon grit his teeth. "You're bleeding again."
Worry entered his gaze, and he glanced beyond Kaden to the hole in the floor. "Did you do that?" he sounded a bit dazed; this wasn't something he could fathom so suddenly.

-

((HAhaha, nah, his language is fine as long as God isn't brought into it. :lol: I don't mind the occassional "curse." As long as it isn't too bad. Damn isn't really one that I'm too heavy on. :sweat:
And - that faith for Dante: Thank goodness. hahah, of COURSE he found a side door. :rofl:))

Jill cradled her hand to her chest as Dante reached out to pull her against him. "This little lady hurt herself by punching my face. I wasn't attacking her." Slowly lifting her gun away from her, the red-eyed male chuckled. "You would have done the same if you knew you'd get shot." The dust was doing a darn good job of hiding Tyrod's features.
Giving Jill a gentle push to get her behind him, Dante spun her handgun about in his hand before flicking the safety on. "You show an impressive amount of promise," the white-haired male said quietly. "Do you know anyone to show you how to control your abilities?" With Jill still nursing her fractured knuckles, the tall male chuckled. "It isn't pretty when one of our kind . . . combusts."

Jill snarled and aimed a kick for Dante's shin . . . and immediately regretted it. She hissed in pain and stumbled back, glaring at the winged form in front of her. Damn.

Last edited by Esmme; 03-24-2011 at 07:14 AM..

Seer Of the Future
Live Breathe Art

Old 03-22-2011, 02:40 AM

KAden looked at Leon worriedly and then his gaze returned to his knee. It fifn't look good at all. "I'm fine..." he choked out and then coughed once more. "Yeah, I did that.... I think I got him." he said and then his arms gave ut and hit fell on his stomach, meeting the dustywood floor with a groan. "Though now I don't think I'll be able to walk.... I'm too drained." he said softly and then closed his eyes. He really wanted to fall asleep right now. He was so tired....

Esmme

Old 03-22-2011, 06:39 AM

"I don't think we'll be getting very far," Leon said as he leaned back against the wall. He felt bad for not helping Kaden get more comfortable . . . but there was no avoiding it. "Just make sure you aren't bleeding to death before you go to sleep, alright?" Reaching forward, the man helped Kaden roll onto his side. There wasn't much he could do for his wounds . . . they would need to rest for a while before even contemplating a change in position.
"No one will think of looking here. Not for a while." Hopefully he was right. And . . . hopefully Xavier wouldn't come back while they were sleeping. It wasn't really a pleasant thought.
"You did great," Leon said with a sigh. Weary, he let his gray eyes close. Though his knee was throbbing smartly, he'd live. They were alright . . . for now. They'd live.