IndigoKitsune
Computer Bug

Old 03-23-2015, 04:38 PM

Damien stood before the high priestess feeling a lump forming in his throat. He had known that this day was coming for four years and he had dreaded every moment of it. He was eighteen now, tall and muscular, with shoulder leant black hair and deep green eyes. A young man, who had only wanted to live out his live peacefully, but as it was he wasn't sure how much longer he was going to live. Turning away from her for a moment he looked at the double doors, that where engraved with imagines of dragons, the sound of the heavy wooden beam locking the doors behind them still rung in his mind. Biting his lip hard he tried to think of some way that he could escape, but the rest of the temple was carved out of solid stone, with no widows, there was only one other door. However that door lead into the dragon’s cave. He swallowed hard feeling sick to his stomach, he had heard that the dragon would probably kill him, unless she was feeling charitable.

“Damien!” The high priestess called out in a neutral tone. “Fallow me.” She started to walk slowly leading Damien into a large room that was filled with many items all set with gem stones. “Stand in the middle of the room. As you know your sacrifice, will probably hold back the wrath of our lady.” She smiled and looked him over for a moment before deciding on the first item she would adorn him with.

Damien did as he was told.

The high priestess picked out a black belt, that was set with an emerald the size of an ostrich egg, and bound it around his waist. The stone covered his stomach and most of his chest and was thankfully very thinly cut, so despite it size it was fairly light. She smiled at him and put golden bands set with many gem stones on his upper and lower arms, she put golden rings on all of his fingers, earrings set with stones the size of robin’s eggs in his ears, and a golden choker inlayed with jade around his neck. Taking a step back she looked him over and put golden bands around his legs. “Come.”

Damien started to walk slowly, he didn't see the reason for all of this, after all if the dragon was wicked why did they worship her? He fallowed the high priestess further down, until they reached a set of golden doors. The high priestess opened the doors, revealing a long stone hall way, that had been cut to look like a dragon’s maw.

The high priestess made Damien walked in front of her going down into the darkness, until they entered a large room. In the room was a pair of golden stakes, she made Damien step between them and bound his arms and his legs too them. “The dragon will be waking soon, if the sight of you pleaser her, then she will let you live. Otherwise.” She walked over to an alcove and took out a golden headdress set with many gem stones, she put it on Damien’s head and looked him in the eye. “Otherwise she will probably burn you to ash.” With that the high priestess left.

Damian closed his eyes hoping that all of this would be over very soon.

Sunday Roast
Now with added Yorkshire pudding...

Old 03-24-2015, 02:38 AM

No one knew exactly how old Celosia truly was, only a handful of humans in her lifetime had been brave enough to try speaking with her and the only reason they began conversation was because they wanted something. Directions and her head were the two most discussed topics, she occasionally took pity on the lost and chased them in the right direction but those that came for her head? They were reduced to ash and left to be carried away by the wind.

Celosia, being a female dragon, was considerably larger than many of the male dragons she'd come across in her lifetime. Her age and abundance of food in her territory only added to her size and intimidating presence. Her scales were the color of blood and those covering her belly were golden, as were the spines running down her back and her eyes. Though her wings appeared delicate, when spread they covered a considerable distance and in the air they were able to carry her body effortlessly.

Over the years more and more humans began passing by and eventually, they began to settle on her land, only a few to begin with and Celosia allowed them. Why? Because they were terrified of her and in the hopes of keeping her away, they started leaving presents outside of her cave. Humans were such strange creatures, did they really think gifts would keep them safe? Silly little things.. the only reason she hadn't burnt their little village was because not one of them had tried to harm her or touch her belongings. But if it kept the humans happy and out of her way, she would continue accepting the gifts.

But what started as a little village soon grew and began to spread further across her land until it was barely a shadow of it's former self. They also began taking her good behaviour for granted, the local humans were becoming more adventurous and she was having to chase them from her cave. Well.. the first few times she chased them out, then one had the nerve to try and steal from her and that's where she drew the line. She razed the city until what had been stolen was returned to her and from then on, anyone who entered the cave was burnt to a crisp.

It was after feeling her wrath that the humans began giving more.. extravagant gifts to her. Jewels and gems the size of which she'd never seen before and was only too happy to add them to her growing collection of treasure. But then they started putting her gifts on humans and sending them into her cave, Celosia didn't understand to begin with and just assumed they were trying to steal from her, so she would reduce them to ash.

Over the years however she'd come to realize that the humans wearing the gold and jewels were not there because they wanted to be and were not trying to steal from her. Whenever a 'sacrifice' was offered, Celosia would abandon her dragon form and take on the human form she'd learnt from observing humans. It was while wearing this human form that she approached the newest sacrifice bound to gold stakes in her cave. Having waited in the shadows until the priestess abandoned the male to his fate, the taller than average female stepped from the shadows and approached the bound male.

"Such a beautiful sight." The woman stood the size of an amazon, her skin as pale as the humans she'd studied and her hair the same color as her scales. "Such a pity their beauty is wasted on a human." Wearing only a red silken sarong and matching red piece of silk across her chest, Celosia walked around Damien, admiring the gems and gold that had been placed upon him.

IndigoKitsune
Computer Bug

Old 03-24-2015, 03:14 AM

Damien bit his lip and closed his eyes, it was bad enough that he was bound between two polls, but now the dragon was here. Even if she only came to him as a human women, he knew that this was the Lady Celosia, the grate dragon. He drew a deep breath wishing that he didn't feel like a piece of meat that the dragon was inspecting. Since for all he knew soon he would be burned to ash. Then very slowly he opened his eyes and waited for the dragon to come around to face him. “Lady Celosia.” His voice trembled with fear. “You are truly lovely, I would be honored to see my lady’s true form.” He breathed deeply trying to keep his mind clear. “To touch your scales and see you as you truly are.” He could feel a knot forming in his throat. “Everything you see before you is yours.” He bowed his head feeling a little ill, but soon he might be dead, that is unless his words impressed the dragon. He bit his lip again and looked into Celosia’s eyes. “Sweet Celosia, I am begging you to unbind me.”

Sunday Roast

Old 03-26-2015, 07:53 AM

Ugh.. It was the same every time. A male human would willingly allow himself to be tied to a post and then whenever she appeared before them they would always utter the same words of flattery before begging her to release them. Celosia finally finished admiring the shiny objects decorating the human and stopped in front of him, arms now folded firmly across her chest and a stern expression upon her face as their eyes met. "I could untie you, but what would be the point? As soon as you are free they will bring in another to replace you and the cycle will continue." She took a step closer to the male. "But only men. Why are only the males of your species brought into my home? Do your people dislike men?"

IndigoKitsune
Computer Bug

Old 03-26-2015, 10:41 AM

“You’re a women……” Damien said softly. “Because of that, I guess some one decided that doing it this way was best.” He looked down feeling sick inside. “My lady when I found out I was to be given to you, for years ago they kept me locked in the temple, I was told what to say and how to carry myself around you.” He breathed deeply. “To the people of my village you are a goddess.” He lifted his head and looked into her eyes. “Someone who could ether protect us or destroy us. I know they expect you’re to take the jewels and ether burn me to ash or eat me, but I am begging you to set me free.” He managed a weak smile. “Celosia, if I had run I know the high priestess would have killed me, but at least now I get to look upon your splendor, and face your judgment. He breathed deeply. “The jewel around my waist is blessedly light, but some of them are very heavily.” He could already feel his bound legs shaking beneath him and his arms felt very tired since they had been bound above his head. “Maybe you and I can reach an arraignment of some kind. I am here as a sacrifice to you, like so many who were sent before me, I don’t know what the point of letting me go would be.” He breathed deeply. “But, lady Celosia I didn't want to be bound here as a meal for you; I only wanted to escape from the temple. I would rather serve you then remain trapped there any longer.”

Sunday Roast

Old 04-20-2015, 01:57 AM

((Sorry about disappearing as I did, my grandmother had an accident and we nearly lost her =( She's been confined to a wheelchair ever since and I've had to do pretty much everything around the house for her as well as keep my job, so I've had little energy to do much else. I've got a week off now though and after tomorrow's doctors appointment I'll get you a reply if you're still interested in continuing =) ))

IndigoKitsune
Computer Bug

Old 04-20-2015, 02:01 AM

(( Please take your time getting back to the role play, right now its more important for you to take care of your grandmother and keep your job. However the next time that your not going to be be able to reply for a little while, please let me know. I hope that your grandmother gets better soon. ^_^ ))

Sunday Roast

Old 04-20-2015, 03:39 PM

((I hadn't intended to be gone as long as I was, everything just sort of got on top of me and I lost track of time. But here you go, hope it's alright =) ))

"So because I'm a woman I'm only allowed men in my cave?" Dragons were solitary creatures, they could go hundreds of years without seeing another of their kind and thinking about it now, the only other female dragon she'd ever seen in her lifetime had been her own mother. There had been plenty of males stopping by trying to claim her land, but she'd managed to chase them all away. Silently she stood and observed the human as he explained why he was there and still pleaded for his life. Perhaps it was time she put him out of his misery? "I am no Goddess." Celosia finally spoke, approaching the human once more and stepping behind him. "I am a dragon losing her patience with the humans I once took pity on." With little effort, she untied Damien's hands and feet, then stepped away. "When your people first arrived on my land they left simple gifts outside of my cave and we rarely crossed paths. There was no temple, no human sacrifice and everyone was happy." She stepped back around him, her eyes resting on the jewels adoring his body, before turning back towards the doorway she'd entered the room through. "Take the jewels off and you have until sunset to leave my home."

IndigoKitsune
Computer Bug

Old 04-20-2015, 04:09 PM

Damien did as he was told and turned to Celosia. “I won’t go back the way I came.” He said softly before he started walking deeper into the cave, it was far more likely that he would die at Celosia’s hands, but some how he was ok with that.
XXXXX
Lilly stood quietly with her back to the wall. Her father had been out for half of the day with one of his most trusted knights. She knew that he intended for that man to become his heir, but for that to happen he had to marry Lilly. She bit her lip hard and looked out of the window, maybe it would be better if she ran away and didn’t come back?

Sunday Roast

Old 04-22-2015, 02:57 AM

((Did we ever decide on what the second pairing was going to be? I remember we mentioned one but I can't remember much else))

Celosia took the familiar route back to the largest room in the caverns , most of her 'gifts' lay in piles around the edges and the center was where she slept. "What will they do to you if you were to go back?" She asked, admiring her accumulated treasure as she spoke. She'd never really given much thought as to what happens to the humans after she frees them, as long as they left her cave she didn't spare a second thought.

IndigoKitsune
Computer Bug

Old 04-22-2015, 03:32 AM

(( I am not sure if I remember or not.))

Damien turned and looked at Celosia. “I don’t know, but I also don’t want to find out.” He bit his lip and turned away from her, the dragon didn’t seemed to be very interested in him. But, maybe he could change that. He breathed deeply and walked up to her. “No one ever goes back, or at least that is what it seems like.” He shook his head and slowly reached out and touched her arm. “Celosia, I am glad that I got to see you at least once.” He took a step away from her hoping that he hadn’t upset the dragon.

Sunday Roast

Old 04-22-2015, 04:05 AM

((Okay, well let's sort it then. You're playing a princess? I can play a bounty hunter or a travelling merchant, perhaps even a knight?))

Would they really harm him if he were to return alive? Spared by the dragon they worshipped, surely that would be enough to grant him a second chance? Then again she knew little of the way the human mind worked. "But do they not return because they are afraid of what might happen or are they happy to have their freedom back?" Though she didn't flinch or move at the contact, there was a low growl that suggested she wasn't entirely happy with the contact. "Why?" Now she turned to face him, gaze resting upon him. "You humans are such strange creatures. For a year you knew what your fate was going to be and still you wanted to look upon me?"

IndigoKitsune
Computer Bug

Old 04-22-2015, 04:19 AM

((that will work ^_^ ))

“I think it’s probably both.” He looked down for a moment, not knowing what to think or expect. “To me you were a goddess, I know the truth now.” He wet his lips. “At least seeing you has given me some hope.” He turned and started walking. “I won’t bother you any longer, sooner or later I think I will find my way out of your cave.” At the back of his mind he feared that he might starve to death or die form thirst, but at this time he wasn’t going to tell the dragon that. He shook his head. “Maybe you are right, humans can be very strange at times.”

Sunday Roast

Old 04-24-2015, 06:59 PM

((Which one?))

"I am a dragon, to worship me as a goddess is foolish and one day they will learn that." They'd have learnt it a long time ago had she not been so attached to her home and belongings. "You will not find the way out that way." Celosia said as he started walking in his chosen direction. "This is the heart of the caverns, the quickest way out.. is up." Though the room they were currently in was encased, there was an opening not too far from the center of the cave big enough for her to fly through in her natural form. "Those gifts you brought earnt you a flight, if your stomach can handle it, of course."

IndigoKitsune
Computer Bug

Old 04-24-2015, 07:38 PM

((How about a bounty hunter. ))

“Maybe, but what would you do? It is true that if you burn down the village they won't bother you again, however maybe there is something else you could do?” Damien walked up to Celosia. “Then let’s go.” He stood very still waiting for her to show him her true form, so that he could leave her cave, after all it was very clear to him that the dragon only wanted to be left alone.

Sunday Roast

Old 04-27-2015, 11:35 PM

"I don't want to burn down the village and I don't want to leave my home either. Something else, like what?" Celosia backed away from Cain to ensure there was plenty of room between them when she changed. Without warning, she burst into flame and her true form soon took shape, taking up a considerable amount of space in doing so. The flames died away leaving only the dragon, her wings stretching wide either side of her body before retracting back and settling down.

Laying on the ground, she curled her tail around her body and looked at Cain. "Let's see how well you can climb." She said, large reptilian head nodding towards her back.

~ * ~

Another day another bounty, Horace loved his job almost as much as the reward that came with it. Todays reward was enough coin to keep him fed and in a comfortable bed for a couple of days, though he was not one to sit still for long, already his mind was set on moving to the next town to see what work they had for him.

The tall, burly bounty hunter was sat in the local tavern with a large bowl of stew and large stein of ale before him. The hunt hadn't taken long but the kill? Chasing down and attacking the monster of a boar had been no easy feit. With little regard for manners or those around him, Horace dug straight into his well deserved meal.

IndigoKitsune
Computer Bug

Old 04-28-2015, 12:43 AM

Damien looked at Celosia with wide eyes. “Beautiful.” He walked up to her and touched her scales. “Lady Celosia.” He started too climbed of her side slowly grabbing her scales and pulling himself up. He fell at least six times, before he finally managed to climb into the space between her neck and back. Once there he found a small gap between her scales and skin where he was able to wedge himself into. He didn't know if this was an old battle scar or something that Celosia had created for him to use. “As for what you might do, I don’t know, but please think before you act.”

XXXXX

Lilly sat quietly at the back of the tavern and readjusted her hood. She had tried to dress like a peasant girl and wasn’t sure how well she had done. Relaxing a little she looked at the few coins she had taken with her hoping that they would be enough to buy a room for the night at the local inn, after that she wasn’t sure where she was going to go.

Sunday Roast

Old 05-03-2015, 08:47 PM

I feel really bad for having to say this but I'm not going to be able to carry on =( My grandmother received some bad news from the doctors last week and between caring for two elderly (and now one sick) relatives and working full time I no longer have the time to give this site as much attention as it needs. I enjoyed our roleplay though and it was nice talking to you =) I'll see you around maybe.

IndigoKitsune
Computer Bug

Old 05-03-2015, 08:59 PM

((Do what you need for for your family and yourself. I will keep any eye on this role play, just in case it ever becomes active again.))