Cheshire Cat
Tac Erihsehc

Old 06-05-2007, 08:26 PM

The hair on the Cheshire Cat's back stood up at the sudden voice behind him. The cat turned around and groaned to himself. "Oh shut up, i don't really care about the royal family,I'll say what I damn well please. I 've escaped death many times, especially from royalty. And, as for me perching on girls, well I'm on her shoulder get your mind out of the gutter." The Cheshire Cat was laughing inside, he wondered what the "girl" in front of him was thinking right now. The cat eyed the fan. "And who are you to own a fan such as that, hm?" The cat turned back to Calcephony. "You wanted to get out of here? Ask her" The cat pointed to the would-be girl next to him "She seems to have some status here. I'm going to go bug some people in the city, tata" The Cat faded away waving its paw its eyes closed and its grin wide as always.

The Cheshire cat faded back onto a rooftop of a restaurant. time for lunch. The cat snickered and went through a window. Inside there was the commotion of the average busy restaurant and even more excitingly another newcomer with yet another mage. where do they get all these mages? The cat padded up to the new girl and the mage. Making a ruckus, a cat in a busy kitchen isn't the best thing i suppose.

purplejesseh
(◎_◎;)

Old 06-05-2007, 09:10 PM

• Aura returned to the forest of illusions, joining the class as quietly as possible. They were in the middle of a discussion about plants, and were observing them outside as well. Since she didn't need to open a door or make any noise, the instructor did not notice her entrance. Different typed of plants created different potions. Aura was definitely not the best at making potions. It contained too much measuring and memorizing. She preferred to do things her own way, usually causing the result to be disastrous.

The instructor mentioned before that on the day of the purple sun, it was the best day to make potions. She forgot why, and decided to ask. "Teacher, why is it best to make potions during the day of the purple sin?"

"Hm, why do you ask? It's because the sun is a large source of energy for plants to grow. The purple sun allows creates more energy, making potions have better effects when used." He responded, still observing other plants.

"Oh no reason," Aura answered, "But the purple sun does come in 2 days, right?" The professor began counting in his head, realizing Aura was right.

"Oh my, I must get my equipment ready. Even though students are not allowed to create potions outside of class, I would advise you to come to me so that I may supervise the creation of potions. That's all for today, class is dismissed."

As she walked out of class, she was confronted by a group of students. "You were away again?" one of them asked.

"I came after, didn't I? Isn't that good enough?" she said, a little frustrated by their comments.

"They can fail you because of absences and incompletion of work, you know" another one pointed out.

Aura ignored her and walked away from the crowd. There was no reason to stay in school. She had no parents, and nobody to pressure her to do well. She learned well on her own, without any teachings. All that was done in class was reading, questions, quizzes and tests. Once in awhile there was hands-on activities, but barely. The teachers did not trust students to perform such magic outside of class. Besides, almost everything she knew, she learned from Belle. She took her mind off that subject and started wondering why the day of the purple sun was so special. She thought the sun was just turning to a different colour, and it was just a pretty sight for all to see.

Hatch
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 06-05-2007, 10:00 PM

Ha. Ha. At least something interesting happened while you were in here.

I'm going to kill you, there's nothing here but that breat from before.

And he seems SO glad to see you

I HATE you....have I told you that lately?

Everyday.

Not enough then.

Fable breathed deeply through his nose and glared at the boy from before.
"Kid..." He said as clamly as he could through his teeth, a twitch started just beyond one of the long black eyebrows as he restrained himself from smacking the kid alongside his thick skull, doesn't he know not to run with things like that in a crowd?
"You haven't seen anyone......Odd around here have you? Now think real hard...I know it must be a strain, but please try." Fable's grin was more a showing of teeth than a smile, but he was still dripping with sticky muck that he'd wanted nothing to do with. He swiped the mess off and hauled the boy to his feet wiping off his hands on the boy's back as he did so. Gooey....and sticky...oh yeah, he was hating life right about now.
"I'm looking for anyone that might be out of place here, any odd people show up in the city today....strangers? The like?"

Rin Namami
*^_^*
Send a message via MSN to Rin Namami

Old 06-05-2007, 10:23 PM

Calcephony stood up when she heard someone speaking to her. Instead of turning around, she stood still as the hair on the back of her neck stood on end. There was a note of weak familiarity on the lady’s voice, but she did not catch it. As she let the Cheshire Cat talk, Calcephony’s attention went elsewhere. I wonder what that festival is for? she thought.

When the Cheshire Cat leapt off her shoulder, she felt lighter though the entity had weighed nothing. As she witnessed it fading away, she waved fare-well to it. “Ask her?” she mumbled and turned around to see who the girl was. Whoever she is, she’s an ugly girl, Calcephony thought. She folded her arms and looked her over. “I don’t think you’d know anything,” she purposefully said aloud, “so I’ll just be on my way.” She nodded her head gracefully and turned on her heel to leave.

Very poor disguise, but I won’t let him know right away that I know it’s him, Calcephony thought. She unfolded her arms and took to looking at the surrounding palace walls. “There has to be some nook or cranny I can get through or something I can climb on and over,” she thought aloud. As she tapped a finger on her lips, she realized she had not answered the “girl’s” question. Oh well, she shrugged and continued to walk around.

Calcephony’s curiosity turned her head to look at the “girl” for a moment. She sighed and looked forward again. Finally, she came across some vines that looked thick and strong enough to hold her weight as she would try and climb them. She huffed as she landed on her bottom for the third time, and then brushed some of her red hair out of her eyes. Calcephony stood, brushed off her robes, and went back to the “girl” in a rush. “Come on,” she was demanding more than asking, “I’d like you to show me around the city.” Calcephony stopped and looked at the girl, let go of her elbow which she had grabbed in an attempt to walk her forward, and remembered her manners. “Please?” she sighed as she asked in a more courteous voice. “Will you please show me the city?”

She paused to give the “girl” a forced bow. “Excuse me,” she put up a finger to stop the other from talking, and she took her robe off. I’ll put these back on later, she thought. The only real reason I wore these was because I had an audience with the king and queen. “P-please,” Calcephony knelt down and folded the robe, and then stood up with it hanging over one of her arms. “If anyone asks, just say I’m from out of town?” This time she gave a sincere bow, her face a soft pink.

Calcephony played with her thick leather bracelets and then her belt to make sure they were all fitting snuggly. “I’m ready to go now,” she smiled, affirming her ready to leave for the city.

Tet Anon
⊙ω⊙
Send a message via MSN to Tet Anon

Old 06-06-2007, 03:51 AM

"Fine fine suit yourself, but do not blame me when they have your head for speaking so illy. It's not my neck that will be on the block for it. " lucik mused with a slight smirk behind the fan. "Who am I to own it? I am me. And that is all the reason you need to know you naughty little kitty." he cooed out in his girliest voice possible.

"But of course i would know!" he shouted but in that same voice. "as if you , a commoner , could ever find the way out!" Lucik stated rather snobishly. Though when she grabbed his arm and pulled him rather insistantly to show her around his cheeks had surprisingly grown a little red from behind that fan. Looking to her clothes swallowing a bit hard "uh... um.. right.." he stuttered out.

"S..sure.." he stuttered out before he walked towards the gate. Seeing the guards there he remembered that the one had seen him disguise himself and he grunted a little. "come this way." Lucik stated in that 'girlie' tone as he lead her off to the side of the palace. He looked around a bit before he raised his hand to the wall there. still holding his fan over his face with the other hand as he whispered a soft chant as his finger moved from top to botom then in a circle. A glow around his fingertip followed like a torch before a symbol glowed at the wall. his fingertips pushed the wall and a the wall opened like a door there. "we'll go into the city gates this way. " he stated as he pulled her through and closed the door which vanished back to the wall as they passed through. he lead her out the main gates then into the city and he smiled. "That's better. "

Meanwhile in the city:

"Heyyy!" he shouted as he got up and the hands where wiped on his shirt "That wasn't nicee! Dude from before! " he stated pointing at him before wiping his hands on the other man's clothes "odd? umm hm. now that you mention it! The mage with long silver hair lead a bunch of odd people into the palace!" he shouted laughing cutely. "They where odd! they looked like they'd never been here before! " he stated with a smile. "i've never seen them before, but that girl from before was following them too!" he added.

~LONGCAT~
is Long

Send a message via AIM to ~LONGCAT~

Old 06-06-2007, 12:43 PM

Kallisandra smiled and stood up, “Arianna,” she tried the name, “that’s a very beautiful name. The king? Is he far away?” but Arianna had already began to move on. She leaned over and picked up her sword and tied it back around her waist. The comfortable weight back, she quickly followed the mage. The wings seemed natural now that she knew Arianna was a mage, not that they really bothered her in the first place, she was not one to take offense to simple differences like wings or tails.

The scenery was beautiful as they continued to walk. The forest was elegant and lush. Flowering trees and vines dotted the path and made it seem inviting. Kallisandra calmed down and relaxed as they walked.

Hatch
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 06-06-2007, 12:46 PM

Fable glared a moment while the sticky mess was returned to him. He sighed in a near growl, but then upon hearing about the Mage with Silver Hair and the group of people he stopped and looked off into the distance thinking to himself, his ears gave a slight twitch up, then back down, comical to those who were watching, but it was a serious thing when they twitched, Fable was thinking and thinking hard.
"Strange people you say...." He mutterd.
"Other than the mage did you get a good look at the others? I need to know if you see anyone else that was in that group here now." Fable highly doubted that the girl from before knew anything about the group, else why would she follow them, but now the question was, why was she following them, Mages were nothing really special in Ashiro...not to Fable anyway, so there had to be another reason. Was there something worth the time and the effort needed to stalk, yes this would be counting as stalking, those few people into the city. If he could find one...just one of those people he might find out what he wanted to know.

Rin Namami
*^_^*

Old 06-06-2007, 07:38 PM

How rude, she thought and sighed inwardly, but I guess some things never change. Calcephony shook her head quietly as she brought the other with her towards the gate. “W-wait,” she didn’t manage to catch the other’s attention very well because they pulled towards the side of the palace. Calcephony, after the other had looked around, glanced around as well, but found nothing of particular interest.

The chant was too low for her to hear, and it sounded like it was in an other different tongue. As the magick was being summoned, Calcephony folded her arms as if she were getting impatient. When the door appeared, she could not get over the awing ability of magick, her mouth dropped open a couple of inches. Once Calcephony was pulled through, she got herself together and brushed some of her hair out of her face. “Thank you very much,” she said with relief. She took a moment to touch the wall where the door had been, let out a small hum sound, and then let herself be taken away by the “girl.”

“So you know your way around?” she stated more than asked. She put one hand beneath the elbow of one arm which its hand was placed under her chin as she began thinking. Glancing around, there seemed nothing to do now. She spotted two of the three people she had watched a few minutes before leaving the palace. I wonder where the woman is? she thought, looking around while balancing on the tips of her toes.

As she searched, she found something of interest to her. Next to an inn, there was a post and tied to it were a couple horses. “Oh wow,” she mumbled. Calcephony walked over to them, making her way passed groups of people whom she did not notice stare at her and her strange clothing, losing her guide in the process. When she stopped to look for the girl with the fans, she could not find her.

“Uhm, excuse me,” she came up to a man about a foot taller than her. He was tying his horse to the post as she came up, so it was evident the mount was his. “May I?” she asked, thinking he would know what she wanted. He just gave her a weird look, but then nodded. Calcephony smiled and squeaked a thank you, and then bowed. The man’s face turned red as his eyes went to her chest. Pretending not to know this, Calcephony stood up and went to the horse.

“I love the colour of his coat, so soft!” she said as she rubbed her hand from the horse’s nose to his long neck. Its muscles twitched when her fingers reached his shoulders. Smiling again, she continued to pat the horse and bring her fingers through its mane. When she turned to thank the horseman, he was not there.

“Hm,” Calcephony left the horse and went down the road away from the palace. There was not a lot of people, but once in a while she would have to walk between a group of two or four people. When she passed by one group, they began whispering. Calcephony turned, but at the same time they stopped and turned away to pretend they had not noticed her.

I should stop so that girl can catch up, she thought. There was a group of kids playing some game on the side of the main walk-through. Calcephony stopped and asked to play with them, and they let her join right a-way. Why is it always the children? she thought as she tossed a rock on to the ground. It landed in a square, and she started hopping on one foot, skipping over the square with the rock. Just like hop-scotch, she thought. When she was finished, she smiled at the kids and stuck her tongue out playfully.

The kids were taken away by some adults who had given her a weird look, and once again she was left alone. Without thinking, Calcephony made her way back towards the spot on the wall surrounding the palace where she and the girl had come through.

Cinnamonmiko
Dead Account Holder
Send a message via AIM to Cinnamonmiko Send a message via Yahoo to Cinnamonmiko

Old 06-07-2007, 03:51 AM

Danica's eyes flicked over the newcomer that exercised such power over the staff. He looked hard, like ice, and simultaneously untidy and pristine, if at all possible. Like Mr. C.
She pushed that thought aside and stared down at the pea-thing in his palm. She eyed it dubiously...obviously she was supposed to eat it, but the old adage 'don't take candy from strangers' came to mind. Well, in a place far from home one took any kindness that was offered. She picked up the small spherical droplet and put it on her lips, eyeing the man cautiously. She could have sworn that he nodded, but if he did it was imperceptible. His cool eyes bored in to her, almost impatient.

Pinching her eyes shut she popped the thing into her mouth and took a mighty swallow. It went down smoothly, but it must have snagged somewhere along the line. Her throat was tingling with sensation similar to that of near-scalding tea downed too quickly and tickled at the same time. A mighty cough gathered at the base of her diaphragm and escaped in a tiny hiccup that popped her ears.

Her fingers flew up and hovered near her lips, a silent apology tainted with her habits as a cook in the kitchen. She smiled wryly and then cleared her throat belatedly.

"No no no! You cook the rice in the roux, and then add the eggs!" She smiled, remembering her own days as an intern chef, and turned to look at the arguing couple of cooks. She watched them a moment as the conversation turned to quibbles over the right spices. Then, she gagged. Whoa! Hold the parsley! she never noticed that she copied Jess's mode of speech, I can understand them! Just a minute ago it was all gibberish to me! Her surprise must have shown in her face, because she could have sworn that the man who had given her the...the..miracle throat lozenge was trying to very successfully suppress a smile.

"Did you..." she paused, waiting to see that he understood her and it wasn't a one-way communication. "What was that? That little...shiny thing you gave me?" She knew she sounded ungrateful, demanding such a question so vehemently, but she didn't much care. Learning new modes of communication and speech shouldn't come in a drop and a swallow.

Cheshire Cat
Tac Erihsehc

Old 06-07-2007, 09:10 PM

The Cheshire cat quietly padded behind the new girl and sat down, eyeing the ice mage with a sly look. "Why hello" he said to the girl "I am the Cheshire Cat, the Cat of Cheshire if you will. Bah, my entire day has been ridden with you new people. I feel like a guide." The cat looked at the mage as if to say i got it then turned back to the girl "After you get your bearings, this guy is going to give you some robes to put over your clothes so you can fit in and then bring you to the Royals themselves where they will give a schpeel about why you're here. So on that note-" The cat grabbed a fish carcass from a trash bin and bit into it "I'll save the royalty the trouble of telling you and tell you myself. You've entered a world, which, you guessed it, is called Ashiro. You are in Ashiro city. In this world children have been disappearing and no one knows why so the king brought people from other worlds to help stop this so called evil force, of course no one really knows why but there have been over a hundred missing persons cases lately, all little kids. You don't see those too much here in the city. Anyway, you're to meet the king and Queen and hear them out. It doesn't really matter to me what happens to this world so don't ask me, just follow this mage and you'll be off." The cat jumps on the girl's shoulder again without weight. "Maybe i'll follow along, there's not much else to do in the city"

Cinnamonmiko
Dead Account Holder

Old 06-07-2007, 10:17 PM

It was all out, right there in the open, before she could finish opening her mouth and say "hi, talking Cat of Cheshire, I'm Danica Aste." Of course, something told her that she might have been a bit more harried than that. Well, maybe not. It seems that she can be transported to other worlds and taught new languages with candy, so why not a talking cat?

Hallucinations, she guessed, must be.

He leapt to her shoulder with profound accuracy and sat their like a feather, munching on that stinking fish. She wrinkled her nose, but said nothing about the smell to him. Instead, she took a deep breath. If this is the way things are going, I'm just going to have to stick with it and do my best to march onwards, properly composed. She decided the warm, silky weight of the robes the mage had just placed in her arms was all too real, and that solved several other things for her. And uncertainness is no reason to be rude. She flashed her brightest, most welcoming smile.

"If it's all the same to you, Sir, I would prefer change in the hall. I'm a chef myself, you see, and I understand the neccesity of cleanliness.

"I'm Danica Aste," she filled in, "it's a pleasure to meet you, Mr. Cat of Cheshire," those words tasted raw in her mouth, not unpleasant but incredibly foreign. She'd never expected to say them outside the dustjacket of Alice and Wonderland. "and...ah?" she looked to the mage, eyebrows politely raised as she followed him out of the grand kitchen...but not before stealing a jealous look at the massive brick ovens.

Once out in the hall, she found Cheshire at her feet rather than her shoulder, which though unnoticed was a very agreeable change. She unfolded the warm, russet-colored robes and took one long look at the unusal sleeves and collar. Huh. She shrugged into it deftly, mercilessly wriggling the strongly enforced yoke over her shoulders, but it stuck out and bunched up in all the wrong places. She frowned, and looked back up at the mage, who still hadn't answered and was watching patiently.
"Must be my jacket." She said, blushing just a little. She struggled a little with pulling the robe off the way it had come, but she managed it with no rips or tears. She shucked the heavy leather jacket and crumpled it on the floor, freeing both hands for the tight manuever. She got it adjusted and the yoke and collar shaped nicely and then tied the sash with a flourish. She put her hands on her hips and struck a pose, pleased with her success.

"How's that?" She asked indirectly, with just a little sniff for added decor. She bent over to collect her jacket and as she folded it over her arm she noticed the row of small buttons lacing up the inside seam of the bodice.

"...oh." It was a quiet 'oh,' more whisper than voice, and she said it sheepishly. For a moment or two, her ears burned new shades of scarlet and her cheekbones heated. "I see. That would have made things a little easier, maybe."

She looked up again at the mage, a small smile stretching her lips, and waited for the Cheshire Cat to reclaim his place.

Cheshire Cat
Tac Erihsehc

Old 06-08-2007, 12:22 AM

The cat jumped back onto the girl's shoulder, snickering at the girl's inability to put on clothes properly "Please, call me Cheshire, I'm more Cheshire than Cat. I don't what the mage's name is, but he looks cold, let's call him frosty" A tray went flying down towards the ground, one of the interns apparently didn't have much coordination. The Cheshire Cat stretched bounded towards the tray, seeming more to stretch than to move and caught it with his front paw. The waiter looked down in a mix of confusion, disgust and annoyance. "you're welcome" the cat said in the snobbiest tone his raspy two pack a day voice could muster then dropped the tray on the floor. The waiter kicked the cat in its side sending it across the floor, he picked up the tray and walked off mumbling to himself. The cat shook his head until it literally spun around as if there was no neck to prevent it from doing so. "I only like trouble when i cause it." He jumped back onto the girl's shoulder and threw the dead fish onto the floor. The other waiters glared at the group who invaded the restaurant. "Maybe this our cue to leave, here, I'll lead you to the palace" The cat walked out of the back door.

Tet Anon
⊙ω⊙

Old 06-08-2007, 05:20 AM

Arianna laughed quietly "why no, he's closer than you think. Just through the city and into the cryos palace then we will be before him!" Arianna exclaimed to Kallisandra. Leading her through the crowds of people and over the crystal bridge to the first gates. Then over the multi colored gem ground to the golden gates. The gates opened allowing them entry as the guards allowed them to pass. And down the hall through the palace Arianna would lead her. To stand at the doorway, giving a gentle knock. Arianna brushed herself off as the doors opened and she lead the woman into the audience chamber, to stand before the king where those that had already arrived where waiting.

"Welcome ." Javonich stated adressing Kallisandra "please introduce yourself. "

Meanwhile, in town:

The boy laughed "yeah! those two where with the mage!" the boy had shouted as he saw the prince and the young woman from before come into the town. Though he did not recognize the prince. he did notice similiarities.

And just a short distance away:

Lucik smirked "You're very welcome" he stated calmly before he looked around a little. "Well, of course. I've lived here for as long as I can remember" the 'girl' said calmly. Then when Lucik looked back the was gone "oh great! now where'd she go!" he shouted as he looked around a bit in a panic. If something happened to her, his father would surely be furious.

Lucik looked all over the town. He couldn't find her anywhere. He looked in the taverns and the stores it was like he kept missing her. He'd passed the horses just after she'd left. Passed the old game on the ground after she'd left. Though as he started back towards the palace. Something of great consequence occured. Prince lucik's scream echoed through the street as the fan he'd been holding in his hand dropped to the ground with a soft clank. He was shoved into a carriage that's black compartment was sparked with lights as he and his kidnapper fought.

Though the carriage was soon gone from the city and the Prince along with it.

Back in the palace:

Dainiji smiled a little then as the girl finally took to his offer of the orb. When the orb broke in her throat and the magic spread through her he smiled with a laugh as she looked at him with that apologetic look "Don't worry. It happens to everyone."

He nodded then and laughed as he noticed the surprise on the girl's face "It was a magic orb, it allows those not of this world to speak our languages. Do not worry it is completely safe. There have been no problems with it thus far. "

Dainiji looked to the Cheshire cat "How amusing. It seems we have a little spy amongst us." he stated as the cheshire cat began to speak . He folded his arms across his chest then. "There will be no need for that. She is here within the palace walls already. " he stated "Now if you don't mind, it is my job you are attempting so poorly to do, now be gone or i'll turn you into a popsicle. " he gritted his teeth then as the Cheshire Cat took it upon himself to tell the girl everything that was not his place to do so. The ice mage's temper was almost as short as most of the fire mages in ashiro, Arianna being the exception, and he sighed "It has become clear to me that you do not know your place in this world, cat, let alone that it is the kings order for this information you speak so freely of to be kept quiet. And as you've just opened your mouth to one without thought of your place. It is my duty to bring you to the king for your punishment. "

Looking to the woman he bowed slightly "please forgive me for having to do such things before you." he stated as his hand raised level with his shoulder out infront of him a blue and white glow crossing his palm as he turned his palm up and snapped his fingers. The glow surrounded the Chesire cat in a cube of ice that held a magic binding spell. forcing him to stay within. "As a citizen of Ashiro you know it is illegal to go against the king's orders. And you're getting on my nerves." he snapped as he walked to the ice cube that dropped to the floor. Picking it up and sighing heavily.

"Now .." he looked back to the young woman. "Please put on your robes and follow me. " he stated though his eyes did wander what was left of the girl's garments with a smirk. "however much i adore that look, the Queen would not be pleased with her King's eyes upon such " he added waiting for her to finish dressing before he motioned to her to follow him "this way." he stated leading her from the Royal kitchen towards the audience chamber.

In the room of the Oracle:

The silence in the room nearly made Nahkiga want to scream. He stood on the cold marble surface as the blue glow in the room made the fact that the oracle floated in the center of it seem almost liquid even more so. The cloth draped over the oracle's body flowed around the Oracle's body. To Nahkiga's eyes the oracle was a woman of great power, but she was neither woman nor man, darkness nor light. The Oracle was a force beyond comprehension.

"Is the time approaching?" nahkiga spoke quietly his own hair seeming to float about him as his eyes seemed to glow with the room's soft glow.

A soft airy breath let out almost the sound of a breathy whisper. "Yes.. "

"When?"

"The darkness will fall over Ashiro, the night of Lucik's ceremony. Midnight, when the purple sun is high. Two days do you have to weep. Two days to decide your future."

"The purple sun festival in two days? What should we do?"

"I cannot tell you that. It is a fate you must decide for yourself. Take my warning, those who walk the streets of this night. Are surely in for a fright."

"I see... but what about th---" Nahkiga was interupted by a scream from the Oracle.

"The prince has been stolen! Without the prince doom will come sooner for Ashiro!" the oracle then began to weep.

"The prince!?" Nahkiga shouted "Lucik!" he ran out of the oracle's chambers and for the audience chamber as quickly as his feet would carry him.

Cinnamonmiko
Dead Account Holder

Old 06-08-2007, 05:59 AM

Danica smiled softly. "Well, that's nice to know." She admitted. "It's difficult to tell yourself that it may have been a good idea when you don't know what's wrong." Her smiled faded, looking at the Cat in the cube. While she pondered this, she finished tying on the other pieces of the robe which were apparently required. Heaven forbid she offend anybody in a country where they held such powers! Even if she did find the extra ornaments bulky.

She shrugged, a desperate attempt to make things more comfortable on her chef's habit...and it didn't work. She settled on a gusty sigh instead. She drew herself in to near military composure; shoulders square and spine straight.

"Well then, if I've learned anything from my studies, it's that kings are not kept waiting. Please, lead the way." She gestured for him to lead quickly, her nerves already jittery.

Did she look all right? Had the fall in alley bruised her cheek? Was she wearing this silly sash right? Right?

No, whoa. She commanded herself sternly, forcing her rapidly disintegrating composure to consider things from the majesty of logic. They brought you here to help. They aren't going to murder you just because you don't know what's going on. If what Cheshire said was true, which I'm beginning to doubt, then they need my help. It isn't wise to kill those who you need, now is it? The thought wasn't very comforting as she mentally listed her skills: cooking, riding, cooking, cleaning, and..ah...more cooking. Huh.This could be interesting.

Hatch
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 06-08-2007, 01:51 PM

They're moving.... Fable had left the young boy as soon as he had pointed out the two that he claimed were with the mage before. He wasn't always up for such annoying shadowing jobs, but Fable dealt with it as he followed the two along the streets of the city, that was until he lost the rogueish looking child with the leather bracelets...how strange that Fable took note of the oddest things, after he lost her trail in the crowds he followed the one in the massive amouts of robes that carried a fan.
At least until the person was jerked into a black carriage. Fable cursed loudly as he swung to the outside of the crowd, the carriage was quickly gaining speed and it was futile to weave in and out of the people like he was doing, so Fable jerked one of his swords out and rammed it into a nearby wall swinging himself up and over, onto the rooftop, where he ran after them.

Rooftops were running out and so was time, Fable had one choice and one choice only, to jump. He thrice cursed his luck before drawing his second sword out of the scabbard, when he hit the end of the last rooftop, he leapt onto the carriage's top and slammed both of his blades into the roof to keep his balance as they carrened down the streets.
He'd only hoped that no one inside had heard him hit. His hood was flapping in the wind behind him as they cleared the outer gate, as he watched the towers dissapear in the distance Fable could only wonder:
Why didn't I just leave when I had the chance?

~LONGCAT~
is Long

Old 06-08-2007, 05:56 PM

Kallisandra looked around in awe, her house was nice but nothing compared to the opulence of a King’s palace. Guards let her and Arianna pass through giant golden gates, and into an audience room. She quickly patted her hair and adjusted her hair piece, made sure that her sword was securely tied and did not look as to cause harm. A first impression only happened once. She stepped forward and did a half bow to the royal family.

“Your Majesties, I am Kallisandra Turning. I know not of where I am or reasons as to why. So I apologize for coming into your country and bothering you.” She thought of pulling out her rapier and offering it to the king as a gesture of peace, but she did not know the customs of this land and did not want to offend anyone. She looked stolidly at the two, the queen had the poise of a royal while the king looked a little more relaxed. Both of them were showered in wealth, from their gowns to the jewels.
As she waited, Kallisandra thought back to the dream she had after taking the orb. The bird looked familiar, she was sure of that, like one that she had seen on TV or at a farm. Either way, it seemed that the bird wanted her to know something, I’m going to have to keep an eye out for that bird again. He might be trying to help me, after all I helped it once. She thought, remembering the glass cage.

Cheshire Cat
Tac Erihsehc

Old 06-08-2007, 08:48 PM

((forget this post))

Tet Anon
⊙ω⊙

Old 06-09-2007, 12:44 AM

"That is quite true, though you'll find our king is much more kind than most, at least from what i've heard. " he stated softly then grinning. He looked to her "Very well, this way." he stated walking her to the audience chamber. Just in time to see Nahkiga hit the doors as if he where on fire. He jumped back a little startled "Nahkiga! what's going on???"

"The prince... " he panted "has been" he panted again "Kidnapped." he stated as he shoved through the doors. He ran into the audience chamber . Dainiji leading the girl close behind himself.

Meanwhile:
The carraige sped off down the path of the forest with the man ontop of it. Lucik struggled against the magic binds that wrapped his wrists and ankles and arms. his mouth taped over. he jerked his wrists and legs trying to free himself as the man inside the carriage looked over the one fighting fan that lucik had not lost. Having not heard the man hit the roof over Luicks shouting through his gag. The man smacked him and told him to shut up but lucik kicked him with his bound legs. Then he was slammed into the seat of the carriage and threatened.

The carriage rolled down the way to the edge forest that lead to the Treses desert. The scorching heat overwhelmed though a faint blue glow surrounded the carriage and the driver kept them cool. Then comming to stop suddenly in the midst of nowhere. suddenly there was a flash and a city seemingly sculpted out of the sand seemed to appear out of nowhere. A muscular man in a black cloak stepped out of he carriage. The driver got down as well. Going to the back of the carriage and pulling from it a large crate. the crate was dragged as if it weighed nothing. The man in the black cloak grabbed hold of the prince throwing him over one shoulder. Lucik squirmed and cursed through his gag as he tried to pull himself free. his shoulder length hair tossing as he struggled. He growled slightly in annoyance, more or less, his hair hanging over his face.

Looking up at the man on top of the carriage his eyes widdened and he struggled against the binds even harder. As if he where asking for help, but the man carrying him shouted at him to shut up before carrying him into a building.

Meanwhile in the audience chamber:

"Welcome to Ashiro Kallisandra Turning. It is a pleasure to meet you. " he stated as another chair was brought out for her to sit on. "please, come, rest your feet." he stated motioning to the chair. "all will be made clear soon. There will be a feast this evening to honor our guests. You are one of those guests. A royal seamstress and armorer will come to you this evening. The purple sun festival is soon, you may as well join in on the festivities there. I will go into more detail as to your purpose here once the others arrive. Until then you are free to roam the palace grounds, however, if you step outside of the palace. please take someone of the palace with you. Your quarters are being prepared as we speak. If you would like to see them now. I can arrange that as well. "

Javonich jolted as Nahkiga bursted through the doors. He caught sight of Dainiji and Nahkiga and another girl. He grunted "What is it Nahkiga? what do you enter with such haste for! Surely your rude interuption has reasoning." he stated.

Nahkiga panted catching his breath as much as he could "The oracle. She spoke to me, but more urgent than that. She tells that the prince has been stolen your highness! " he shouted with heavy breaths. The queen jolted to her feet running down to Nahkiga grabbing him by his arms "stolen!? My son has been stolen!? by whom ! what did the oracle say!?" the queen shouted. Javonich stepped down and moved over pulling his wife back and calming her.

"I'm afraid that is all she said on the matter of the prince. " he panted. "Do not panic, he will be retrieved, I will go investigate within the town to see if any have seen him. " he stated before he left quickly out of the room passing Dainiji and the newest girl quickly. Running out of the palace stopping to talk with the guards at the gate. He was given the prince's hair clip and crown and told that he'd gone off with one of the visitors in town and his eyes went wide as Nahkiga ran out of the palace grounds in a panic searching for the young woman and the prince. He found the prince's fan upon the ground and picked it up "oh no.." he stated quietly before looking around for the woman.

Back in the palace Dainiji looked to the newest girl "That is not a good sign, come, we must introduce you hastily." he stated as he took the girl to the king. "Your highness. Another has arrived."

Javonich swallowed hard as he looked to the young woman "Pleasure to meet you. Welcome to Ashiro . You are?" he stated trying to speak as calmly as he could.

((OOC: Cheshire cat, you where magically bound within the ice, as stated there was a magic barrier his ability to vanish would not help him escape. Please re-write this. He can still speak and communicate as he wishes, but he will not be able to roam free and should he escape the palace would sense him as a threat and expell him from the palace Aka. Flying cat. xD it's up to you which route it takes. So please re-write.))

purplejesseh
(◎_◎;)

Old 06-09-2007, 01:20 AM

• Aura took a walk to the library the next day. As the skimmed the book titles she found a small, and thin pile of paper tied together by sting. She blew the dust off the book and read the title "The Theories of the Purple Sun." It looked worn out and extremely old. It contained less than 50 pages with some pictures in between. She walked up to the exit and placed the book before the librarian. She looked up at Aura and pushed her glasses up with her index finger. This made Aura nervous, as she didn't want to look strange. It was be the third time she's been in the library, and the first time to sign out a book. Or perhaps the book was not normally taken out, since it was completely covered in dust. Finally the library scanned the book and returned it to Aura. She muttered "Thank you," and left.

She flew back to her favourite place and climbed the biggest tree, as she normally did. She skimmed through the few pages then turned back to the first page and read. "Ever since the beginning of time, the Purple Sun has appeared every year. Although that seems like a long time, there is not a lot that the world knows about this event. As you continue to read, please keep in mind that nothing has been proven, and all that is contained in this book is myths, legends, and of course, theories." That was all that was written on the first page.

As Aura was about to turn the next page, she heard the sound of wheels. She looked up and saw an image of a tiny carriage in the distant. From her view, it seemed extremely small. "That's strange, it seemed to be heading to the Treses desert. Why would anyone go there?" Aura closed her book without keeping her eyes off the carriage, trying not to lose the sight. She flew down from the tree and towards the carriage, trying to keep up. Unfortunately it went faster than expected, leaving her far behind.

Hatch
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 06-09-2007, 01:46 PM

Fable was tossed back and forth on the carriage top and was almost ready to drop the whole thing...until they hit the desert.
Well this is new.

'New' Coming from the one who has travelled this wdie world over? How shocking.

Shut it I don't need you right now.

The heat was almost unbearable to his lithe frame, but he held on more fearful of getting lost out here with no water or provisions. He was in the middle of cursing his luck, yet again, when the carriage stopped. Fable's mind raced, had they heard him? Was this the end of hsi ride? But his jaw could have broken the roof when the city flashed from the sand.
"Holy Mother of--" His breathy astonishment went unnoticed as the man inside stepped out, Fable saw him sling the odd person he'd been trailing over his shoulder and then threaten him in a harsh voice. Fable slid off the rooftop and hunkered down to follow them into the city, when they entered a building however Fable knew that he could not follow them straight inside, so he looked about and saw a window that was a good story if not story and a half above him, he sighed behind the crates he'd ducked behind and derw his swords once more.
If they're dull by the time I get out of here... He thought venomusly.
I'm killing those two with the dull edge and then using their ribcage to sharpen the blade!!! He hposted himself hand over hand up to the window and peeked inside finding a small ledge to stand upon while keeping out of sight.

Tet Anon
⊙ω⊙

Old 06-09-2007, 05:40 PM

The prince shouted and squirmed hitting at the man with his bound fists as he was carried down the hall under the window. The man stopped as if he'd heard, or sensed, something nearby. Looking around though he did not seem to notice the man on the ledge above. He walked down the hall down the staircase to the very bottom of the dungeon there. Dropping Lucik in a cold damp cell in the dark room. Closing the gate. Lucik jerked his wrists and growled he couldn't use his magic while those things where on him. he shouted through the gag and kicked at the bars somewhat.

The prince breathed shakily as he looked around, where had that man gone, why was he there.

Rin Namami
*^_^*

Old 06-10-2007, 12:39 AM

She was not the only one to turn her head when she heard the scream for help. “Lucik?!” she called his name out, not wanting to pretend that she believed his charade as a girl anymore. Calcephony made her way through the crowd. There was an empty spot where she guessed the crowd had made for the carriage. “Nahkiga!” she called out as she caught sight of the familiar silver hair.

Calcephony had to elbow past a rather large man to make it to the mage. “Nahkiga, I didn’t,” she had to pause to catch her breath – not from running, but from pushing through the people – before continuing, “I didn’t mean to. Please, please….” Putting her hands together, she could only think about asking for some kind of forgiveness for letting the prince out of her sight. “I’m sorry, p-please; I’d like to go help find him!”

Cinnamonmiko
Dead Account Holder

Old 06-10-2007, 02:01 AM

Danica froze, fighting the sudden storm of butterflies that plagued her belly.

Her throat was suddenly very dry, and she had to swallow before she could continue with any sort of speech. Of course, it all seemed very unnatural. She'd arrived just in time to witness the aftermath of kidnapping, and his parents were being (mostly) calm about the whole affair.

She cleared her throat, and her mind, and spoke up. "My name is Danica Aste, Your Highness." She executed something that might charitably have been called a curtsy. "Thank you for your warm welcome." Her stomach begged her to curl up in the corner and be unobtrusive, but there was no other choice. All attention was on her, and she couldn't round her shoulders and appear weak before someone so important. She was careful not to appear defiant, but she quietly squared her shoulders and straightened her spine. Her feet automatically turned perpendicular, and her arms straightened at her sides but the fingers curled loosely. She bowed her head a little, just for good measure, and waited with acute terror for his response for a few endless seconds.

Tet Anon
⊙ω⊙

Old 06-10-2007, 06:39 AM

Nahkiga looked to the metal fan in his hand as he breathed a little shakily. He heard his name shouted and looked up as Rin came running over "What.. what are you talking about? You where with him? you where with the prince? " he stated gritting his teeth then. "Do not mention that to anyone else. If you wish to help come with me. We don't have time to loose." he stated as he took her hand in his and he ran over to where a few horses where tied up. He hoisted her up onto one then climbed on himself after untieing it. "Hyah!" he shouted as forcing the horse away from the building and down the streets.moving himself with the horse's movements to prevent a painful ride.

Just outside of town Nahkiga stopped the horse. his eyes seemed to glow for those brief moments. Nahkiga's hair flowed around him as his breath seemed to draw in . After a moment his eyes stopped glowing and his hair fell to rest normally. "He's been taken to the desert. " he stated quietly before his hand raised and a sheer sheet like cloth slid from his fingertips flowing in the wind before he gripped the end of it the glow around it faded but he threw it over their heads "whatever you do, do not pull this off until we're inside. The desert is unbearably hot especially for me. This will keep us at normal temperature." he stated as he shouted again "Hyah!" and the horse moved towards the desert with haste.

Meanwhile, back in the palace:

"Danica..Aste.. " he swallowed hard trying to keep his wits about him "It is a pleasure to meet you. Welcome to Ashiro. please take a seat and rest yourself. " he trembled motioning his now sobbing queen to their chambers. The queen ran off leaving the king there to tend to the duties he had. "Soon I will tell you all of the reason you are here, as you can tell, we are currently experiencing an...issue.. but once resolved you will all be informed. there will be a great feast tonight in the honor of my guests. you being included. a royal armorer and a royal seamstress will be visiting your quarters today as well. If you wish to go to your quarters you may do so , if you wish to explore the castle you may do so freely, i only ask that if you venture outside the palace grounds that you take someone of the palace with you. " he stated with a heavy breath.

~LONGCAT~
is Long

Old 06-10-2007, 01:26 PM

Kallisandra sat there thunderstruck she had just been whisked away from her own troublesome world and fallen into the troubles of this one. She prepared to address the king, and stood up from the previously offered seat. Her sword clanged lightly against the chair. She nodded lightly to the new girl, acknowledging that she had arrived.

“Your Majesty, if it pleases you, I would like to help out as much as I can. Before arriving upon the palace I passed out and witnessed a dream. I’m sure it meant nothing but I was lead by a bird to a dry and dusty valley village with burnt roofs. Again I’m sure it means nothing but I felt compelled to trust and follow this bird. I would like to help you out, your troubles seem great enough as it is.”

She looked down slightly ashamed that she had just shared such a crazy dream or thought with the king of these lands. Perhaps he thought her to be mad now, but it was too late to take back her words.