Phaena
doe-hearted girl

Old 04-01-2014, 05:19 AM

Hello, it's nice to meet you.
I'm Phaena or Phae if you'd prefer.

Long, long ago I was on a site called Gaia...

Though I liked Gaia at first, things changed and my feelings changed. I had friends there who also left around the time I did then I flailed about for the longest time trying out other avatar sites (Kingdom of Knuffle and Zantarni being memorable ones) then I found Menewsha. I've heard all good things about the site. I'm hoping to make loads of friends here and stick around for a very long time.

A bit about myself. I turn twenty-one on April 7th. I'm not sure if I'm looking forward to it or not. I still feel like I'm eighteen haha. My girlfriend and I have been going out for five months and couldn't be happier. Currently not in school or working but I've been job hunting like crazy so if you have any tips or suggestions, feel free to send them my way. I've been rping for eight years (plus one year on tumblr) so I hope to rp here as well. My favorite colors are pastels and my favorite author is John Green. I love the shows Sherlock and Doctor Who. I read way too much fanfiction. Currently I'm playing Ni No Kuni and Animal Crossing: New Leaf. Alright... I feel like that's enough information for one post.

I feel like I'm not very good with introductions so sorry if this bores you. ; u ;

Ikuto Akihiko Hasegawa
is full of flavor

Old 04-01-2014, 05:27 AM

Welcome to Menewsha!
I hope we can live up to the all those good expectations.

Wow, your birthday is almost here. I was kind of neutral about my 21st birthday too. I was glad to have a whole new spectrum of "food" (drink) available to me though.
I hope you're able to find a job soon!
And we've got a nice and pretty active RP community here so I hope you're able to find a plot or partner to suit your needs.

Oooh, you've reminded me that I haven't played New Leaf in over 4 months! Need to get back into that.

Phaena
doe-hearted girl

Old 04-01-2014, 05:45 AM

Thank you!

Haha I'm not sure how to feel about that bit either. My family and friends want to take me out. I've drank before but it was because of peer pressure so it wasn't exactly what I'd call fun. Thanks. The job search seems to be going alright. There's at least two places we're in likely to get a job soon. I'm sure things will work out eventually. As for rping, I'm only worried whoever I end up rping with will get bored and disappear because that seems to happen a lot.

Oh! Your villagers are gonna be upset. I hate forgetting about the game for too long because they always make me feel bad for forgetting about them. I haven't played in almost a month, I think.

Also, please let me know if this font color is too hard to read.

Lexadis
(ο・㉨・&...
Penpal

Old 04-01-2014, 05:53 AM

Hello Phaena! Welcome :) I hope you'll stay around here It's nice to have new comers but it's sad when they don't come back without even trying on this site

We do love new RP partners!

Iku--I sure hope we can live up to expectations! But just check it out, we're popular :B

The font colour is a tad difficult for me to read, but that must be because I have lowered the brightness of my screen to the least that you can have - since I'm always on the computer and I have a weak eyesight and the light hurts my poor head Have fun! :3

Phaena
doe-hearted girl

Old 04-01-2014, 06:10 AM

Hey, thanks! I know how that can be but don't worry, I tend to stick around places for a long while. I was on Gaia for a few years. Neopets too though I wasn't very active in forums. There's also a small private forum where a few friends and I have stuck around since '07.

I'll have to check out that section. Probably tomorrow afternoon though since it's 2 AM here and I have a busy day ahead of me. So I'll probably go to sleep soon even though I'm not sleepy.

Sorry! I'm on the computer a lot too but I don't seem to have many problems with my eyes or anything... yet.

Lexadis
(ο・㉨・&...
Penpal

Old 04-01-2014, 06:37 AM

I was on Gaia and Neopets too, but I left as soon as I had joined XD
Good night!

Phaena
doe-hearted girl

Old 04-01-2014, 06:38 AM

Haha. Goodnight! See you all tomorrow.

Ikuto Akihiko Hasegawa
is full of flavor

Old 04-01-2014, 07:02 AM

Aww, yeah doing things because of peer pressure can take the fun out of it. Ah, take you out to a bar or something like that? I was thinking of a restaurant. I think that's what I did for my 21st. Went to a restaurant and tried a drink I think I would have liked. It was probably something chocolatey.

You seem to have been trying pretty hard at finding a job and remaining optimistic so that should pay off!

Aww. Yeah that happens sometimes. I think for the most part, people want partners who will communicate with them when stuff happens that might prevent them from responding. Or just knowing ahead of time of replies are slow. I know mine are whenever I RP.

Oh no. I hope Ken hasn't moved out. He's my favorite villager!

Hope you have a good sleep!

Phaena
doe-hearted girl

Old 04-02-2014, 02:03 AM

I'll probably end up going to a restaurant with anyone who wants to go out for drinks on my birthday. Maybe we'll go do karaoke and drink! That sounds fun and we did that for another friends birthday. I really want Korean food though and I'd be perfectly happy going for food and buying face masks to do instead of drinking haha.

I feel like I job hunt so much but I job hunt for a few days then go do something fun for a few days then back to job hunting. I went to the zoo today and I have plans to go to another one (a petting zoo!) tomorrow then it's back to job hunting again.

My replies can be slow. I try to reply right away but that doesn't always happen, especially since my replies can get pretty lengthy.

I restarted before I forgot about my town because I started disliking the way my villager looked so I looked online for the guide to pick the look I liked. My beach isn't connected like it was before but it's alright. I didn't have any dreamies. I really want most of the deer. You can see which villagers I want here (but I need to update this big time.)

I slept fine, thank you! I hope you slept well as well.

Ikuto Akihiko Hasegawa
is full of flavor

Old 04-06-2014, 05:23 PM

Hey it's after your birthday! :D What did you do?

Haha. That's a good way to not feel overwhelmed. How was the zoo? And the petting zoo!

My regular replies are pretty slow. Especially on the weekends.

Aww the deer are pretty cute in AC. I don't think I've ever had one. I tried to get one to move in, one that was camping, but he didn't want tooo~

Phaena
doe-hearted girl

Old 04-06-2014, 06:26 PM

Haha hey! What timezone are you in? I'm EST so it's still the 6th. My friend and I all have a small party planned for Wednesday since two of them had birthdays last month that we didn't get to celebrate. ^^

At the zoo, it was so hard to find parking but once we did, it was great! The red panda was my absolute favorite! The petting zoo was even better because we could feed and pet the animals. They had lots of goats, donkeys, and a few peacocks. Most of the others were in cages (coyotes, foxes) and the rabbits were inside their little house because it was so hot that day. I wish they would've came out though. The deer used to roam free throughout the ranch but they fenced them in one area so I didn't get to see them either (they were hiding in their building too.) It was lots of fun though!

Don't worry about it ~

Aw haha. I want at least three of the deer, I think. I wouldn't mind having Goldie again because she was so sweet but I'd really like all of my dreamies too.

Ikuto Akihiko Hasegawa
is full of flavor

Old 04-09-2014, 10:13 AM

Haha, yeeeah I realized afterwards that you hadn't had your birthday yet. Got my days all mixed up! Not sure what timezone I'm in, but I know it's 7 hours ahead of EST.
But you had it now yes? How was it?

Ooh red panda! I saw my first one at some zoo back in the States and thought they were so cool. I don't remember having seen one before then. But ever since then, I always thought they were cool creatures. Petting zoo! \ o /
Sounds like a fun time. :D

Did you play any of the other versions of Animal Crossing?

Phaena
doe-hearted girl

Old 04-11-2014, 02:46 AM

I had it! We all went to eat Korean/Japanese so that was nice because it's my favorites. We had cake and I drank some and we all played card games. It was a lot of fun. I woke up feeling kind of gross but in the afternoon, we went hiking so I felt a lot better by then. It was a fun few days! ^^ I returned home to find a package from a friend in the UK too ~

I love red pandas. They're so cute. I'm assuming you aren't from the US. Do you mind if I ask where you're from?

I haven't played any other versions. New Leaf is the first and only I've played.

Libra
the Galaxy Fairy
Mini Pixelite

Old 04-14-2014, 01:58 AM

Welcome to the site Phaena! Though I've seen you around my hangout, I wanted to come into your newbie thread and say hello. If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask here or in my hangout. Hope to see you around the forums a lot!

Phaena
doe-hearted girl

Old 04-14-2014, 02:31 AM

Hey, thanks! That's nice of you.

I'm doing a lot of volunteer work in my area at the moment so I'm not sure how much I'll actually be online but I'll try to post around when I can!

Libra
the Galaxy Fairy
Mini Pixelite

Old 04-14-2014, 02:46 AM

That's ok. The nice things about forums is we'll be here whenever you get around to coming back ^_^

What volunteer work do you do?

Ethos
til death do us part

Old 04-14-2014, 03:21 AM

Welcome Phaena! I'm so glad that you decided to join Menewsha!

I'm also excited to see you around. I'm not so vetted as some of the people who have welcomed you, but as a relatively new member, I have to say that people here are extremely friendly. I wasn't even a forum-dweller type before my sister told me to sign up, but I've found that the people here are worth at least a quick little pop in, even on the busy days.

I'm excited to see you RP with us in Asarth too! Wyrm runs a fun game if we can keep that ball rolling. You won't be disappointed. :)

Ikuto Akihiko Hasegawa
is full of flavor

Old 04-14-2014, 10:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phaena View Post
I had it! We all went to eat Korean/Japanese so that was nice because it's my favorites. We had cake and I drank some and we all played card games. It was a lot of fun. I woke up feeling kind of gross but in the afternoon, we went hiking so I felt a lot better by then. It was a fun few days! ^^ I returned home to find a package from a friend in the UK too ~

I love red pandas. They're so cute. I'm assuming you aren't from the US. Do you mind if I ask where you're from?

I haven't played any other versions. New Leaf is the first and only I've played.
Sounds like a really fun time! Glad it was a great day (and day after it sounds like too!).

I am from the US, but I currently live in Turkey.
Totes American though.

Ooh. I played the Gamecube and Wii versions (preferred Gamecube). The Wii version kind of made me fall out of it a bit, but I really like New Leaf. Just.. after a long vacation, didn't get back into it. xP

Phaena
doe-hearted girl

Old 04-17-2014, 05:51 AM

Living in another country sounds fun. Stressful but fun.

I usually play New Leaf on vacations but not when I'm with the girlfriend so over Spring Break, I didn't play at all and I haven't gotten back into it yet.

Cherry Who?
Spooky Scary Skeleton

Old 04-19-2014, 04:41 AM

Well, you've been here a couple weeks now, but it's not too late for a welcome gift, right? Check your trades!

Phaena
doe-hearted girl

Old 04-24-2014, 07:03 PM

Hey, thanks Cherry!

Elirona
Giant butt

Penpal

Old 04-25-2014, 01:12 AM

Here's a late welcome, friend! :P

Eastriel
(。☉౪ ⊙&...

Old 04-25-2014, 07:07 AM

What a pretty first post phae, and we're the same age and I too still feel like a teenager ;-; I call myself twenteen :P
I hope to see you around in the forums.