Clair Voyant
}-(((*>

Old 01-25-2019, 05:21 AM

Hello everyone. Hope it's okay to pop my head in. I used to love roleplaying here but life got adulty and hectic. Got married and started college and all that icky stuff.

But my new years resolution was to work on my writing again and go back to my stories. Does anyone have any advice on horror writing?

Chrysothemis
Eternal Lurker

Old 02-02-2019, 04:01 PM

Hey, everyone! I'm also back (ish ^^; ). I'm currently in my last semester of community college at the moment, and since I'm only taking one class, it's giving me a fair amount of time... at least, compared to before lol. I'm still stressing over the class, since it's a math class.

But I'm also currently riding the high of beating Kingdom Hearts 3, which has put me in a super cheery mood!

It's funny. I'm trying to focus on all the RP I promised people before school started, but all I want to do right now is make a Kingdom Hearts RP group on Discord... that sounds nice, but I've never led an RP before, so it's not exactly something I'm actually comfortable with doing tbh. But I want it tho...

Anyway, hi Clair! I don't know if we met yet. I definitely feel you, though. I don't have a lot of general advice, but I believe in you!

sailor star rainbow
\(@O@)ʌ...

Old 02-03-2019, 02:36 AM

Wait to go on beating KH3 also good luck with school. I had a nice afternoon out got saved some money. went to Sams club good grief that place was pack.

Chrysothemis
Eternal Lurker

Old 02-03-2019, 02:54 AM

Thanks. ^^ I'm actually kinda sad because it was shorter than the older games, so I feel like I rushed through it, but that's what the next playthrough is for!

Though now, it's caused me to get hype enough to download the app game Union X and play through it while I let the boyfriend get his turn at it.

And uh... crowded stores... I hate them. Especially since I'm in a tourist area and non-locals lose all sense of decency sometimes...

Kirin Rosenbaum
I am a Kiri-fish.

Penpal

Old 02-03-2019, 03:52 AM

*goes and curls up in the corner*

sailor star rainbow
\(@O@)ʌ...

Old 02-04-2019, 02:40 AM

I have played that game before. I have to say it is cute and nice I never beat it. Union X may have some tie with the next game maybe.

Clair Voyant
}-(((*>

Old 02-04-2019, 08:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrysothemis View Post
Hey, everyone! I'm also back (ish ^^; ). I'm currently in my last semester of community college at the moment, and since I'm only taking one class, it's giving me a fair amount of time... at least, compared to before lol. I'm still stressing over the class, since it's a math class.

But I'm also currently riding the high of beating Kingdom Hearts 3, which has put me in a super cheery mood!

It's funny. I'm trying to focus on all the RP I promised people before school started, but all I want to do right now is make a Kingdom Hearts RP group on Discord... that sounds nice, but I've never led an RP before, so it's not exactly something I'm actually comfortable with doing tbh. But I want it tho...

Anyway, hi Clair! I don't know if we met yet. I definitely feel you, though. I don't have a lot of general advice, but I believe in you!
Hello there!

Anyone around today? I've got a snow day here.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 02-04-2019, 08:35 PM

I want Kingdom Hearts 3 so baaaaadd!! I don't have the game system though so I can't play, but I love Kingdom Hearts so much~ *cries*

Ugh, I need to pay more attention to my own thread. People are actually chatting here. >.>

Sup, Clair. Been a while since I saw you around. Hope you've been doing well.
i've never written Horror genre but I've read some thriller type things. I imagine it's somewhat similar. All about keeping a really tense pacing.

Clair Voyant
}-(((*>

Old 02-04-2019, 09:33 PM

I've been reading and studying about the genre. I want to really get good at it so I can create a "voice" so to speak in my writing. You know, like a style that I can recognize as my own.

I've been well, busy with life. Multiple moves, a marriage, a puppy adoption, full-time school, full-time work, another move on the horizon... Life is just taking up more time than when I was in my early twenties and teens.

How have you been?

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 02-04-2019, 09:44 PM

Sounds like you're working real hard then. I love writing with a unique voice.
I tend to use a really humorous and snarky one, so horror is definitely not the genre for me. XD

Do you have puppy pictures? What kind of puppy did you get??

I've been alright. Mostly writing a lot and working like usual. Keep feeling on highs and lows with my writing though, like it's really great one day, but awful the next. Then next week everything is beautiful again.

sailor star rainbow
\(@O@)ʌ...

Old 02-04-2019, 10:51 PM

I love puppies they are so cute. a friend of mine got a new puppy just the other day. its a little golden retriever 8 weeks old. I already warned him hide any shoes. you don't want the puppy to chew up. also if the puppy gets the squeaker out of the toy. take it away form the pup quickly so she/he won't eat it.

By the way Kat I posted in are rp

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 02-05-2019, 12:09 AM

oooh, golden retrievers are cute, especially as puppies. I don't like dogs much, but I still find some of the breeds very pretty.

Ah cool. I might look at that some time this week.

Clair Voyant
}-(((*>

Old 02-05-2019, 07:00 AM

Here is a picture of my puppy. I hope it's okay to post it here.

sailor star rainbow
\(@O@)ʌ...

Old 02-05-2019, 11:01 PM

Aw what a cute fur baby. my boy is a Shelite that is super crazy 3 year old named Coco. I need take a new photo of him. the brat won't hold still are sit still. unless there is food are treats are involved.

Clair Voyant
}-(((*>

Old 02-06-2019, 04:49 AM

Camel is the same. She likes to get into trouble.

sailor star rainbow
\(@O@)ʌ...

Old 02-08-2019, 02:12 AM

Aw how old is she? my boy is 3 years old and he is getting fix this month due to his heart murmur plus clam him down.

Clair Voyant
}-(((*>

Old 02-08-2019, 05:19 AM

She's about 3? We aren't 100% exactly on her age. She was 1-2 years when we rescued her from a local shelter, and they had rescued her from a high kill shelter on the eastern side of the state, and that shelter only said that she was a young dog that had been found wandering around the streets but they couldn't ID who she belonged to. Kinda breaks my heart cause she's literally the best behaved dog I've ever had, plus she's my snuggle buddy. She has the sweetest disposition. Everyone who meets her loves her. She's curled up right beside me right now.

sailor star rainbow
\(@O@)ʌ...

Old 02-08-2019, 09:09 PM

Aw poor girl she sounds like a total sweetheart. Coco love to cuddle and snuggle up to me when he feels like it.

Clair Voyant
}-(((*>

Old 02-09-2019, 06:48 PM

Can you share a picture of Coco!? :D I'd love to see.

We got even MORE snow last night. In a little while my little family and I are gonna go frolic in the snow.
My husband, who is allergic to the cold, has agreed to play in the snow with me. Hehe, I'm bouncing off the walls excited. Camel, husband, and me! :D

Chrysothemis
Eternal Lurker

Old 02-11-2019, 10:02 PM

I keep getting the dumbest urge to join a group RP, but I don't feel comfortable doing that when I have so many 1x1s on hold... and I know I'll just get shy and ghost it after a month because I've done that a lot. :<

I started this RP hobby to try and force me to improve my writing and social skills but it doesn't seem to be working???

I dunno, does anyone else deal with feelings like this?

Clair Voyant
}-(((*>

Old 02-12-2019, 01:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrysothemis View Post
I keep getting the dumbest urge to join a group RP, but I don't feel comfortable doing that when I have so many 1x1s on hold... and I know I'll just get shy and ghost it after a month because I've done that a lot. :<

I started this RP hobby to try and force me to improve my writing and social skills but it doesn't seem to be working???

I dunno, does anyone else deal with feelings like this?
Yes, I've done that before. I definitely role-played in the past as a way to improve my writing skills. I haven't had time for a roleplay in a really long time. Sometimes I still roleplay via google docs with my friend, but adulthood is sucky because it's so busy.

Lately I've been trying to do table-top roleplays with friends to try and improve on my social anxieties...I'm not sure that's worked much for me, though.

Kirin Rosenbaum
I am a Kiri-fish.

Penpal

Old 02-15-2019, 02:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clair Voyant View Post
Here is a picture of my puppy. I hope it's okay to post it here.

cute

---------- Post added 02-14-2019 at 09:10 PM ----------

I wouldn't mind doing a solo roleplay.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 02-15-2019, 05:56 PM

Every now and then I get the urge to do groups, but it never goes like planned, so I haven't bothered with them much. I should try to resurrect that I have that is still alive though. It's managed to work out better than any other group rp I've done in a long time. But then, I haven't even been responding to my 1x1s.

Aaaah, I really want to do an Attack on Titan rp. :/

Chrysothemis
Eternal Lurker

Old 02-16-2019, 12:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kat Dakuu View Post
Every now and then I get the urge to do groups, but it never goes like planned, so I haven't bothered with them much. I should try to resurrect that I have that is still alive though. It's managed to work out better than any other group rp I've done in a long time. But then, I haven't even been responding to my 1x1s.

Aaaah, I really want to do an Attack on Titan rp. :/
I've had good and back luck with groups, it really depends. Having multiple people in anything adds a lot of chaos anyway lol. But I've had just enough good fortune in the past to make me want to continue, you know?

And while I don't like AoT, I definitely know that feeling. XD Though in my case, it's Kingdom Hearts RPs, and like. It's hard to describe succinctly but like... group fantasy RPs with a focus on worldbuilding.

Kirin Rosenbaum
I am a Kiri-fish.

Penpal

Old 02-16-2019, 04:34 AM

I have never had luck with groups, ever.