Kirin Rosenbaum
I am a Kiri-fish.

Penpal

Old 05-10-2016, 01:12 AM

Alexi was a mutant who had the power to control the air and wind. His hair was stark white and his eyes were the same. He had met and fallen in love with a human, who loved him too. Though there wasn't an easy relationship. The young human's parents were the leaders of the antimutant organization in town.

Alexi waited in the woods outside of town at their spot. He was making small balls of air while he waited.

(OOC: His powers are like an airbender from Avatar The Last Airbender.)

Precarious Fool
Are you kitten me right meow?

Old 05-10-2016, 01:24 AM

Roland gasped for air, leaning against the tree, the rough bark scratching his skin. It took him a moment to catch his breath before he took off running once more. He was late, again, but it had been tough to get away from his father, who was in the process of planning yet another protest, or function, or some nonsense. Being the son of the Anti-Mutant Organization meant he was expect to be there, to show his face among the bigots and close-minded people who help up signs, chased people from their homes, and ate fancy finger foods while they complained. If his father knew where he was headed he would probably have a heart attack.

He knew Alexi would still be waiting for him, he understood, but that hardly made him feel better. It wasn't long before he skidded to a stop, a familiar flash of white hair just ahead of him. Instinctively he brushed back his copper coloured hair, the messy strands had grown past his ear, and despite his mothers insistence, he had refused to cut it. Pale green eyes watched from a distance, wishing it was different, that they didn't have to meet in the forest, worrying about who may have followed them, or who might wander through.

"Sorry I'm late." Roland laid a pale hand on Alexi's shoulder, squeezing lightly in apology.

Kirin Rosenbaum
I am a Kiri-fish.

Penpal

Old 05-10-2016, 01:31 AM

Alexi used his powers to pull Roland close. He knew why he was late. Why he was almost always late. And as much as he hated it he did understand. They couldn't risk being found out. He knew the other mutants he lived with would have a fit if they ever found out. While they wouldn't mind that he was with a human it was who Roland's parents were that would cause the stir. They wouldn't understand that Roland wasn't like his parents at all.

"it's alright. I understand." He said kissing him softly as he tangled his fingers in Roland's hair. He was very happy that Roland hadn't cut his hair.

Precarious Fool

Old 05-10-2016, 01:41 AM

Roland released a sigh he didn't know he was holding in. Each time he made he was here he worried at what he may, or may not, find. One day Alexi might now show up, taken in, caught, by people like his parents. This mutant should hate him, all the others did, and he didn't blame them. He had attended events put on by his parents, played the part of dutiful son. As far as anyone else knew he was the same as them. When he could avoid going he did, but if he refused he'd have nowhere to go, he'd be branded a mutant sympathizer, welcome on neither sides because of who he was as well as who he no longer was.

"It's getting worse, you know. Father has been having these secret meetings, he hasn't even let come, but I've seen powerful men coming to them." This was his biggest fear, that soon he'd have to make a choice. Of course he knew what he'd choose, but that didn't make it any easier. They were still his parents, his family. Roland rested his forehead against his, closing his eyes and letting out a soft sigh. He didn't want to talk about any of it, his parents, their difference, he wanted to ignore all of it for a short time. He laced his free hand through his, giving a gentle squeeze.

Kirin Rosenbaum
I am a Kiri-fish.

Penpal

Old 05-10-2016, 01:56 AM

Alexi just held him close. Worse? How could things get any worse? He needed to find them a place as far from here as possible. But if he did would Roland go with him? Would he be able to live off the grid? Alexi was used to living off the grid. He and the others already did that. But would the love of his life be able to do that if it came down to it. Hell if it came down to it would Roland be able to leave his family at all? Thoughts like this often plagued him but he would never voice them.

Precarious Fool

Old 05-10-2016, 02:05 AM

"Please, don't think about it right now..." Roland couldn't think about it right now, it was all he ever thought about. How could he go on like this, sneaking off to the woods for a few private moments? Each time it grew more dangerous, Roland wondered when they'd be caught. His father already seemed suspicious, asking him questions of where he goes, keeping track of his schedule.

Pale fingers caressed Alexi's face, trying to distract him from his thoughts, which were probably just as dark as his own. So many problems and Roland felt young and useless in the world, not sure of his place, not sure what he wanted. All that he knew was that somehow he had fallen in love with Alexi, that his parents were wrong about the mutants. "I've missed you..."

Kirin Rosenbaum
I am a Kiri-fish.

Penpal

Old 05-10-2016, 02:11 AM

Alexi leaned into the touch. "I've missed you too." He whispered. He was silent for a moment. "I think... I think I might have found us a place." He said softly, scared what Roland might think. But he had to say it. He had to do something. It was only a matter of time before the others he lived with found out. He might be able to convince some of them that Roland wasn't like his parents. But there was others he wouldn't be able to convince. Marcus was one of those he would never be able to convince. Marcus was sure that all humans were evil.

Precarious Fool

Old 05-10-2016, 02:18 AM

Roland wasn't sure he heard correctly. "A place?" A new place to meet? It would be nice to not have to meet in the woods, for he still felt there were too exposed out here. "It would be nice to not to have to share our visits with the birds and bugs..." He joked, wanting to lighten the moment. Lately they had been so serious together, with the issues arising from his parents continued fight against the mutants and the tension from the mutants Alexi lived with, it often ate into their private time. "Can we see it? Today?" He whispered, pressing light kisses along Alexi's jawbone, all the while taking a deep breath, enjoying the scent he missed greatly.

Kirin Rosenbaum
I am a Kiri-fish.

Penpal

Old 05-10-2016, 02:24 AM

Alexi let out a soft groan. "Yes, of course..." He let out a purr. "But it would be more then just a place to meet." HE said as he took Roland's hand. He headed deeper into the woods. Farther away from the life either of them knew. He was scared that Roland wouldn't' want to live out in the woods. But he had to risk it. He had to do something before Marcus found them.

Precarious Fool

Old 05-10-2016, 02:29 AM

Roland grinned at Alexi's words, finding a different meaning then intended, but unknowing of the fact. So he had found them a more secluded place, where they could spend a few moments alone, unafraid of being caught in the middle of the forest. Anxious, he followed closely, hoping it wouldn't take too long to get there, as he could only stay away from his father for so long before he became suspicious. "How did you find this place?" He asked, scooting closer as they walked, squeezing Alexi's hand lightly. It was nice to have this contact, something he hadn't felt much of at home, not from either father.

Kirin Rosenbaum
I am a Kiri-fish.

Penpal

Old 05-10-2016, 02:32 AM

"Just exploring. There's a run down cabin in a clearing. I thought... I thought we could fix it up. Move in together. Live off the grid." His words were rushed. As he was talking the entered a clearing and there was the run down cabin. They can hear a babbling brook not to far away.

Precarious Fool

Old 05-10-2016, 02:41 AM

Roland paused, forcing Alexi to stop with him. "M-move in?" He managed to get out with a gasp, wondering if that was what he had heard. He had thought this just a retreat, not a... home. Pale eyes scanned the clearing, stopping at the run down cabin. It was a far cry from the home his parents owned. Hell, the cabin was probably smaller than his room there, or the shack out back. Which was actually in better shape than this place. How would they survive there? No food, no running water... nothing. Roland wasn't sure he was even ready for this, to leave behind everything. What would happen to them if they were caught? Surely his father would look for him.

A moment of panic set in and Roland pulled his hand away, taking a few steps back considering if he should run home and try to forget all of this. Could he? He didn't think so, he loved Alexi far too much to forget. Yet he wasn't sure he could do this... "I-I..." No words came out, he couldn't say anything.

Kirin Rosenbaum
I am a Kiri-fish.

Penpal

Old 05-10-2016, 02:56 AM

How could he tell him. How could he tell him all that Marcus had planned. He guessed all he could do was tell him. "I know this seems fast but... Marcus has been training us. From the youngest to the oldest. He plans on attacking the city. On killing all the humans. And he has enough of us to do it." His voice shook and a wind had picked up. "I can't loose you Rolland. But I an't force you to stay." His back had been to Rolland the entire time. Tears slid down his cheeks and his shoulders shook. He couldn't keep the man he loved safe. He knew if he was to loose Rolland he wouldn't be able to go on.

Precarious Fool

Old 05-10-2016, 03:04 AM

What could he say to that? What could Roland do now? If he went back to tell his parents they would never let him leave the house again. They would press him for information, he wouldn't spill, but he'd never see Alexi again. Yet, if he did not go back, if he stayed here, then his parents, his family, would be killed. How could he make this choice.

"Please, don't make me choose, not right now. Not today..." He pleaded, his arms wrapping around the man he loved. He nuzzled against his back, just wanting to be close, to pretend these problems didn't exist. "I'll stay, at least for tonight..."

Kirin Rosenbaum
I am a Kiri-fish.

Penpal

Old 05-10-2016, 03:14 AM

"Won't they won't be worried about you?" He asked softly stroking Roland's hands softly. The wind had died down. "Maybe you could convince them to go on a vacation." He didn't want them being saved but he had to think of Rolland. He felt his world falling a part and he didn't know how to stop it.

Precarious Fool

Old 05-10-2016, 03:19 AM

"Father would never go on vacation, not with whatever plans he is making, and mother wouldn't go without him..." He trailed off, knowing what that admission meant. His parents were at risk if he didn't save them. But could he even do that? Would they believe him when he told them a mutant had told him this? Probably not. No, they'd lock him in the house and continue on. No, they think the mutants much too dumb to organize, to be a large threat.

"It doesn't matter what they think, what they will do, not tonight... Not right now." He couldn't think, he needed time, need a chance to make his choice. "Why don't you show me the cabin?" He all but begged, wanting to distract Alexi from the questions that needed answers, the choices that needed to be made. They would have time, tomorrow. Or the next day... soon. Just not now.

Kirin Rosenbaum
I am a Kiri-fish.

Penpal

Old 05-10-2016, 03:25 AM

"Maybe away to evacuate the city." He mumbled to himself as he lead Rolland to the cabin. There was a wood burning stove in one corner and a room near the back. The floors were hard packed dirt. "I know it isn't much." Alexi said out loud putting his arm around. "I was able to put a bed together in the back room. The stove works. I can easily gather wood. We could have fresh fish for dinner. And..." He pulled Rolland close holding him tight. He had started shaking all over. He was only one person. He couldn't save people. No matter how much he wanted to. There was going to be innocent blood spilled and there was nothing he could do. Not one damn thing.

Precarious Fool

Old 05-10-2016, 03:32 AM

Roland followed in silence, taking in the sight of the cabin. It was far from what he was used to, but Alexi was here, something he could never say about his parents house. "No one will leave the city. The humans will not give it up... Not most of them, anyways." it was true, they wouldn't leave the city behind for the mutants to take over. They would fight and him and Alexi were stuck in the middle.

As Alexi held him, Roland nuzzled against him, burying his face in his neck. "Shhh..." He whispered, urging him to forget for a moment, to enjoy what time they had together right now. He had to distract him, to make him focus on each other instead of the chaos around them. Just for a bit, anyways. With a grin he playfully nipped at his neck, anything to pull his mind from the dark place it had turned.

Kirin Rosenbaum
I am a Kiri-fish.

Penpal

Old 05-10-2016, 11:51 AM

Alexi was fighting back tears. He gasped and moaned when Rolland bit his neck. Oh he was good as this tool his mind off what was going on. Snack pulled Rolland toward the bedroom. There was a nice looking bed in there. He was glad they had a spot to do this in. He gently pushed Rolland on to the bed.

Precarious Fool

Old 05-10-2016, 12:09 PM

Roland could only hope they were truly alone out here, to be caught like this would be dangerous for both of them. How nice it would be to live without fear of being caught. Something he would worry about daily if he chose to live here, to leave his family behind. Could he do that?

His worrisome thoughts were caught up as Alexi led him away. He didn't even get a chance to see the room, or the bed that had been fixed, before he found himself falling onto it. He was happy to let Alexi take the lead, to allow himself to forget about everything, if only for a short time. He was so tired of the sneaking around, the lies, fighting with his father.

Kirin Rosenbaum
I am a Kiri-fish.

Penpal

Old 05-10-2016, 05:04 PM

(Skipping ahead since this is a pg13 site.)

Alexi was curled up next to Rolland. It had felt good to forget for a little while. "That was wonderful." He said rubbing Rolland's bare chest. He kissed Rolland's shoulder softly

Precarious Fool

Old 05-10-2016, 06:28 PM

For once, Roland felt content, like the world was right. He could picture himself like this often, enjoying quiet time alone with Alexi, not wondering if they were being watched, if someone would come charging through the forest and take them both. No one would forgive, not if he was caught with Alexi, not just talking to, but being... with.

He huffed, trying to blow a strand of copper hair from his face, laughing when it fell back over his eyes. "I could get used to this..." He mumbled as he turned into Alexi, snuggling as close as he could get. A yawn escaped him, he was so tired, he hardly slept at night, the lies and the sneaking about, the terrible things he did for his parents sake, all of it kept him awake. The dark circles under his eyes had been there for weeks, his stress also evident in just how thin he had gotten. Many meals were skipped, avoiding his father or mother as much as he could. They knew something was up...

"Mmm..." He all but purred, struggling to keep his eyes open, feeling like he could actually sleep for once. He nuzzled into Alexi's neck as he tried to hide another yawn, not sure he would be able to keep his eyes open much longer...

Last edited by Precarious Fool; 05-10-2016 at 08:28 PM..

Kirin Rosenbaum
I am a Kiri-fish.

Penpal

Old 05-10-2016, 08:47 PM

"Sleep my love." Alexi said. He let out a yawn himself. This was the most content. They would nap and when they woke up Alexi would catch some fish in the brook and make them dinner. He also knew a patch that had some wonderful wild berries they could have with the fish. It would be very nice. Very simple.

Precarious Fool

Old 05-10-2016, 08:58 PM

It was the first time he had felt well rested, felt like things would be okay, even for a short time. With slow movements Roland managed to extract himself from the bed, trying his best to not wake Alexi. After pulling his pants on he padded across the dirt floor, checking out the small cabin, the place he was seriously considering calling home. The main room had a wood stove, but he was afraid to use it, even with the slight chill. The sun was setting, his parents would surely be looking for him now, wondering where he had gone. As usual he had taken great pains to make sure he wasn't followed, he always had made a huge circle around the woods before heading in and zig zagging through to throw anyone off his trail. Could he live with the fact that they may be hunted from now on? What his parents would do to Alexi if they were caught?

Roland sighed, his mind could not slow down, he couldn't stop all the concerns and thoughts that swirled around. Despite the chill in the air he left the cabin, moving into the clearing before dropping down. He laid on his back among the long grasses and flowers, pale green eyes trained on the sky. It was so quiet out here, leaving behind the noisy city, but he wondered if they were truly far enough away.

The only thing that Roland knew was that he loved Alexi and he would do just about anything for him... including leaving his family behind.

Kirin Rosenbaum
I am a Kiri-fish.

Penpal

Old 05-10-2016, 10:21 PM

Alexi woke a bit later. He started to panic when he noticed Roland wasn't there. He took deep calming breaths. He had to think straight. He was cold, but he would start a fire in the stove later. He walked outside letting out a soft sigh when he spotted Roland laying in the grass. He wondered when would be a good time to tell him that he was pretty sure he knew when Marcus would attack.

"You'll catch a cold out here laying in the grass." He said playfully. What had brought them together? Alexi had wondered that more then once. They were so different, from two very different worlds.