Wings of Writing
~★St☆rlight★~

Old 06-13-2016, 12:43 AM

Shane stared at his friend incredulously for several moments, not moving except for his rapidly blinking eyes. Quinn really couldn't be suggesting what he thought. He shook his head, a slow soft, almost private smile forming on his face, but then the other man was like that. It wanted to help people and to see them happy; it was one of the reasons Shane liked him so much, even when they'd first met, Quinn had constantly been trying to put a smile on his face. However, he couldn't accept the other; he didn't really didn't see it going well. "I don't think that's a good idea." Shane shook his head, knowing he'd feel awkward doing anything with whoever Quinn set him up with, "It seems a little strange for my roommate to set me up for hookups."

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 06-13-2016, 04:56 PM

Quinn pouted slightly, looking down at his phone like he couldn't quite understand Shane's response. "Is that so? I don't really see what's so awkward about it, but I guess I'm more open than most. That's what everyone tells me anyway." He chuckled softly though he still looked put out. "Hey, why don't I sent you the numbers anyway. You don't have to do anything with them if you don't want to, but I'll feel better if I've at least tried to help. You're my friend after all!" he exclaimed, clapping a hand against the other's shoulder. "And that's what friends do. Who knows. Maybe some night in the future, you'll be glad for it."

Wings of Writing
~★St☆rlight★~

Old 06-15-2016, 02:24 AM

Shane chuckled softly, shaking his head at his friend, "I'm only going to say yes because I know if I say no you'll find a way to give them to me anyway." He really didn't have to use them anyway, and probably wouldn't. "I really don't know if I want to sleep with people just to get over a crush though. It's not so bad, really," he shrugged, projecting that he didn't care, "Makes focusing on school easier too." Which was both true and not true, true in that he sometimes spent time away from the apartment studying because Quinn was with Jamie, but not true because any time he worked at home Quinn was a constant, attractive, distraction. "You've had to have had unrequited crushes before, so you must know what it's like."

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 06-15-2016, 05:11 PM

Quinn smiled at that. Shane understood. Some day when the other was sleeping, he'd put the numbers into his phone or text him things over and over again until Shane gave up and had to do something with them. Quinn was persistent like that. Though others might call it annoying. It was all for the good of things though. Shrugging, he nodded his head at the question. "I've had crushes like that before, but that's why I know the best way to get over them. It may seem a little against your nature to play around like that, but the point is the meet a nice girl...or guy, who might be worth distracting you from the old crush. And hey, why not have a little fun while you're at it?" he chuckled. He swiped on his phone, his expression sharpening with determination again. "Now, let me find you some cute guys! I'll have some prospects by tomorrow I promise."

Wings of Writing
~★St☆rlight★~

Old 06-18-2016, 01:16 AM

Shane made a face, still not completely sold on Quinn's idea, but not really wanting to bother protesting much anymore, "I seriously make no promises on actually use them, so don't get all pouty when I don't." He said, rolling his eyes at his friend's absurd nature, "Besides, school's gonna pick back up again soon and I definitely won't have time for anything then, I want to keep my GPA up and all that." He leaned back in his chair, "But thanks, I guess." Though now he was thinking about it, he was curious what type of guys Quinn would send his way, if he was the one trying to identify them as cute.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 06-18-2016, 03:55 PM

Quinn grinned even harder as he shook his head. "Don't worry, I'm not going to get pouty. I said this was for just in case. Besides, when do I ever get pouty?" he huffed. Shane could be too serious sometimes. It made them good friends, always on the opposite side with little things, but not on the things that really mattered. "Anyway, you're overdue for a break from studying." He settled back again and tilted his glass to finished the last of his iced tea. Their conversation delayed the end of their dinner pretty well and Quinn checked the time on his phone now that he had the mind for it. "Didn't we have a movie to catch?"

Wings of Writing
~★St☆rlight★~

Old 06-19-2016, 02:57 AM

Shane smirked at Quinn, "I don't know, you seem pretty pouty right now," he teased, as he stood at the reminder of the movie. "But yeah let's head into the theatre, I don't want to miss the previews, and I want to at least get a drink for the movie," Even though he was full form the meal, he still liked to get something for the movie. He and Quinn head back towards his car to drive the short drive over to the theatre.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 06-19-2016, 06:42 PM

Quinn almost pouted at Shane's words, but managed to fight the expression away. "Fine, fine. Do you want to share a tub of popcorn this time, or too full? We could share some candy instead," he chattered as they headed to the care and drove toward the theater. It didn't take long and the two of them kept up the light conversation, though mostly Quinn who couldn't do silence well even if he spent most of it on his phone looking through message boards and social media. The theater itself turned out to be crowded, a long line twisted around the ticket booths. Quinn frowned, shoving one hand in his jean pocket. "This thing better not be sold out."

Wings of Writing
~★St☆rlight★~

Old 06-19-2016, 09:17 PM

"Popcorn sounds good," Shane replied though his eyes were focused on the line, sigh gin at the fact that they'd have to wait, "I told you we should have bought tickets in advanced, but nope you were certain we'd be fine cuz it's been out a couple of weeks." He shook his head, but got in line, even if it was sold out they'd figure something else out, and they weren't particularly picky about where they sat in the theatre, just wanting to see the movie. "And besides even if it is sold out, we can figure out some other movie to see, maybe the new horror movie or something."

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 06-20-2016, 03:43 PM

"And you told me that was fine," Quinn complained back. "You're the one that wanted to watch this movie in the first place." Of course he had too, but he hadn't suggested it. Getting in line beside Shane, he did a mental sweep over the line. It really was long and full of people only concerned with themselves, chatting in small circles, on their phones, tossing gum wrappers to the concrete ground with disdain. Too self absorbed. He looked up toward the movie listings instead. "There's a comedy showing as well. Something about a road trip I guess. Jamie said she saw it with some girlfriends a couple days ago. Not sure if it's good though," he mused.

Wings of Writing
~★St☆rlight★~

Old 06-22-2016, 02:32 AM

"I'd rather see the horror movie," Shane murmured as they moved up in the line. It took some time but by the time they arrived at the window, the action movie they had been trying to see was indeed sold out, so they ended up taking a seat in the horror movie that was starting soon. "So you think this is actually gonna be scary?" Shane asked, his tone sarcastic. It wasn't much like horror movies offered much in real horror these days, though that didn't normally stop him from screaming. He took a bite of the popcorn they'd gotten as he looked at Quinn with some pre-movie ad playing in the background

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 06-22-2016, 04:04 PM

Quinn shrugged his shoulders and followed the other man into the theater. He felt bummed they missed their action flick, but he could deal with watching anything at this point. It had been years since he watched a solid horror flick though, never seeming to be in the right mood for it. They tended not to excite him as much as they should, even if some really were scary. "We'll just have to see," he murmured back right as the room darkened for the start of the movie. Grabbing a handful of popcorn, he settled back into his seat in preparation.

Last edited by Kat Dakuu; 06-22-2016 at 04:43 PM..

Wings of Writing
~★St☆rlight★~

Old 06-23-2016, 01:16 AM

It didn't take too long for the movie to start, and they were in a mostly empty theatre, the only other people in the theatre a couple of teenage couples who would probably only manage to watch fifteen minutes of the movie altogether. He sighed, setting the popcorn slightly between them to free up his lap as he watched previews played, scoffing at the absurdity of a couple of the movies, each proving proving his point of how much horror movies had decreased in quality over the years. As the movie started, the movie itself seemed to live up to the low expectations. He'd jumped a couple of times within the first thirty minutes, but mostly he found himself chuckling at the absurdity of the plot and rolling his eyes at Quinn ever few minutes.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 06-25-2016, 05:29 PM

Quinn muttered under his breath on multiple occasions through the movie. It didn't seem worth much, but it was fun and thrilling despite the cheesy plot. He jumped because he enjoyed jumping, each time leaving a grin on his face and a shiver running down his spine. That shiver kept growing though with each jump, perhaps egged on by the heart beat pace of the music. "Well this is...a little more like it," he murmured with a blind reach for the popcorn. A scream made him jump, knocking a pieces of popcorn to the floor instead. "But it will take more than that to scare me." Unfortunately, he was already on edge. The movie was getting scarier than he let on.

Wings of Writing
~★St☆rlight★~

Old 06-27-2016, 10:45 PM

Shane chuckled again at something on the screen, though a tinge of nervous had started to filter in making the sound involuntary, pushing out of his throat as his hand began to clench and unclench. The steadily increasing intensity of action and music making his whole body tighten, plus he could sense Quinn's increasing nervousness as well and that only made his skin tingle a bit more. His eyes stayed rapt on the screen though, refusing to give in or look away, even at some of the gorier moments, the movie was certainly rated R for a reason. He couldn't help but exclaim a couple times as characters were killed on screen in horrible ways, only adding to his every climbing anxiety.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 06-29-2016, 12:31 AM

The music churned, it's thumping beat growing and growing. And just when it seemed it couldn't get anymore intense, it crescendoed as the screen flashed and turned. The killer! Quinn jumped, a scream escaping him before he even realized it as the killer lunged straight toward the audience, music going dead behind the screams. His scream joined the movie's, his hands gripping hold and hanging on for dear life until he could drag in a deep breath and open his eyes, finding just what he'd grabbed hold of--Shane.

Wings of Writing
~★St☆rlight★~

Old 06-30-2016, 01:45 AM

Shane screamed as the killer appeared on the screen the growing anxiety finally catching up to him, and matching the scream beside him. As he screamed, his body naturally sprung up, and his hands wildly searched for something to cling onto; his eyes closed as he seized onto the object, squeezing tight. Once the musical settled, he opened his eyes, as his brain slowly began to register the warmth emitting from the thing wrapped in his arms, plus the arms wrapped in his. Opening his eyes wider, he turned to notice his face pressed extremely close to Quinn's. Startling again he pushed back, his face flushing red as he moved away from his roommate, "Ah! I'm sorry!" he exclaimed, not caring if his voice was too loud for the environment they were in.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 06-30-2016, 02:22 AM

Quinn recoiled at the same time, his face flushing an equal shade of red as he turned, covering half his face with a hand, trying to look cool. "Haha, what? We're just getting weird and reacting without meaning. It's not like this movie is scary," he chuckled with a nervous glance toward the movie screen. He didn't even want to look at it now though. Like, at all. "Y-you know, I don't think I'm interested in this movie anymore. Didn't we have dishes to do?" They actually did, but who liked doing dishes. "I just remembered I wanted that one pot and the...you know, that thing....to make dinner tonight. We should totally split and do that!" Shoulder scrunched up to block the screen, he turned back to Shane with a 'I'm totally cool' sort of look and pleading eyes that didn't match.

Wings of Writing
~★St☆rlight★~

Old 06-30-2016, 02:51 AM

"Uh, yeah, let's do that," Shane said, pushing out of his seat without giving the screen a second glance, nor really even looking at Quinn as the blush continued to spread on his face. He walked out of the theatre, trusting that the other would follow him, "Well." He mumbled not really sure what to say. Embarrassment making his skin feel tight as he tried carefully to walk a step farther away from Quinn than normal, not really sure how the other would feel about ending in each other's arms, even if it was out fear. Though a part of him couldn't quite quell the desire to end up in such a position under less ridiculous circumstances, but he groaned and pushed that thought down and just stared ahead as they walked back to the car.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 06-30-2016, 09:17 PM

Quinn didn't say anything as they walked out of the theater, still feeling too embarrassed. He couldn't believe he got scared like that. He never did, never. So why did he have to go and jump right into Shane's arms? Never mind that they grabbed onto each other at the same time. It didn't even matter that this happened right after the other man came out to him. Quinn just couldn't stand he got scared in the first place. As they climbed into the car, he stared straight ahead, an almost stoic determination on his face. "Let's never mention this again."

Wings of Writing
~★St☆rlight★~

Old 07-02-2016, 07:10 PM

"Yeah that's fine with me," Shane said shaking his head as he clambered into the driver's seat, "I don't think I even want to ever acknowledge that again." He said, pink still lingering on his cheeks, the overall embarrassment taking more to settle than he really liked. Maybe, he would have to take some of the numbers Quinn would send him. It was ridiculous just a couple moments of hugging could lead to him feeling so flustered. He sighed, pulling out of the parking lot, "Well, now, I want to go home and like watch a kid's movie or something silly just to fully get that out of my system."

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 07-12-2016, 06:25 PM

Quinn shook his head, not wanting to respond because that would still be acknowledging that such an event happened. They needed to pretend it never existed at all. Collapsing back against the seat, he let out a noise of agreement. "Fun movie? Sure. Disney or Pixar?" he hummed, then paused. "But of course after those dishes. Because for real. Dishes." The best way to not acknowledge the scary movie was to keep up with the lie, at least until they got home and had to search to find something to wash. "I do plan to cook dinner though."

Wings of Writing
~★St☆rlight★~

Old 07-19-2016, 12:59 AM

Shane shrugged, "Why not one of each if we have time. We can put something we've seen on while you cook, and I'll help and then we can rent one we haven't seen, maybe Zootopia or Finding Dory or something to watch while we eat?" he asked, turning the car onto the street and letting the rhythm of the conversation and driving calm him back down. Though his thoughts still circled on their earlier conversation, already forming a plan on how to use the numbers. He didn't really want Quinn to know he was following his suggestion, the other would surely get smug about it.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 07-21-2016, 11:49 PM

Quinn nodded his head, not really caring what choice then made in the end. He just wanted to relax with his friend for a while before his phone blew up with messages or Jamie started demanding attention. Being popular could be so tiring at times. "Sure, whatever you want to do," he hummed back, a smile easing onto his face. They finished the rest of the drive in no time, leaving Quinn stretching his whole body as soon as he got out, eliciting a blissful moan. "Ah, so good to be home. "You can deal with the movie and I'll get the dishes and cooking started." He twirled his keyring in a circle, already half way to the front door.

Wings of Writing
~★St☆rlight★~

Old 07-23-2016, 03:32 AM

The rest of the night settled into a sort of normalcy, they let a movie play in the background as they ate, light chatter filling the air and the memories of the awkwardness earlier faded into the background of their normal routine. It was one of the better parts of having a roommate, Shane often thought, having someone there when your schedules allowed that could provide some sort of normalcy to your life and someone to talk to about the silly mindless daily life stuff. It was a nice end to the evening.

And when Shane went to bed he was hardly thinking about the event of the theatre, except with the assurance that he'd use the numbers once Quinn handed them over, if simply to try. He needed to move on. So the next norming when Quinn sent him an email, with entirely more detail than necessarily. He browsed a few Facebook pages before finding someone he actually knew, but didn't know was guy to set up a date with, hoping that the effort would serve him well in the long run.