Wonderlands
Super ʕ•͡ᴥ•ʔ...

Old 04-23-2017, 12:47 AM

So I am in love with this game. Ive put a few hours into it and I still enjoy it as much as when I first got it. Love it so much I bought it on Xbox One after I got it as a gift on Steam. (Thanks BF!)

Who else plays it?

If you're curious, its a farming simulator much like Harvest Moon. In fact, the creator of Stardew Valley created the game to fix all the things they didn't like about Harvest Moon.

Its available on Steam, Xbox One, PS4 and soon the Switch which will apparently have multiplayer!

Elirona
Giant butt

Penpal

Old 05-23-2017, 12:59 AM

I've got it! I bought it for myself during the Christmas sale on steam and I'm deeply in love with it. I put 51 hours into the game the first week I got it. I married Alex. He's a cutie. Not many games where you can be gay, and I'm always down for being gay.

cutest
part time designer, full time cu...

Old 05-23-2017, 10:28 PM

I'm going to definitely get the game when my summer really kicks off!

Within the past year I've really gotten into watching streams and play throughs (with narration) along with speed runs. And I've been following one youtuber's journey in his Stardew Valley adventure and I was totally captivated by it!

I'm really excited to start my own journey through this game!

Elirona
Giant butt

Penpal

Old 05-23-2017, 10:36 PM

It'll be a great time for sure, Cutest!

The Wandering Poet
Captain Oblivious

Penpal

Old 06-02-2017, 01:49 PM

I'm waiting for multiplayer to be implimented. It's very fun though but with so much of the game done, I've started to play les to wait for it.

Crimson Fang
*^_^*
Send a message via AIM to Crimson Fang Send a message via MSN to Crimson Fang

Old 07-19-2017, 02:07 AM

I'm about 14 hours in and quite love the game. Spend most of my time being unproductive, but I quite enjoy the relaxed atmosphere to the game. I am currently focusing more on exploring the cave. I am quite curious as to what is in the lower levels, so will continue directing more of my efforts towards that. I believe I am at floor 65 at the moment.

The Wandering Poet
Captain Oblivious

Penpal

Old 07-19-2017, 04:47 PM

I've taken to recently watching Dangerously Funny (YouTuber) do videos about stardew valley. They're hilarious and got me playing again XD

Facade
Ticking Time Bomb of Titillation

Old 08-07-2017, 11:43 PM

I've been meaning to check this out!! Is it worth the jump? I loved Starbound by Chucklefish (and loved farming sims in the past), just not sure if it'll feel like a nostalgia trip and not a truly compelling, awesomesauce game. :p

The Wandering Poet
Captain Oblivious

Penpal

Old 08-08-2017, 02:45 AM

It isn't actually made by chucklefish. ConcernedApe is the developer of the game and they are partnered with chucklefish I think for adding multiplayer.
That being said, it is VERY nostalgic. It's far superior to harvest moon and should get multiplayer via steam early next year, which I'm excited for.

Wonderlands
Super ʕ•͡ᴥ•ʔ...

Old 08-08-2017, 08:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson Fang View Post
I'm about 14 hours in and quite love the game. Spend most of my time being unproductive, but I quite enjoy the relaxed atmosphere to the game. I am currently focusing more on exploring the cave. I am quite curious as to what is in the lower levels, so will continue directing more of my efforts towards that. I believe I am at floor 65 at the moment.
The relaxing atmosphere is the biggest draw for me. Its so nice just to zone out and listen to music or podcasts while playing. The only intense things that you have to go through is the caves/mines and maybe even the easter egg hunt haha.

..I forgot I made this topic. I was about to scream WHERE IS THE DAMN SWITCH GAME.

The Wandering Poet
Captain Oblivious

Penpal

Old 08-08-2017, 01:39 PM

The switch one will come out next year sometime.

The only place that is terribly intense is the skull cavern @_@

Wonderlands
Super ʕ•͡ᴥ•ʔ...

Old 08-08-2017, 09:15 PM

That place is a nightmare. I haven't gotten far there at all.

The Wandering Poet
Captain Oblivious

Penpal

Old 08-08-2017, 10:21 PM

I usually run out of time. I domt have enough stone for those mega drops... and I don't need anything down there.

Facade
Ticking Time Bomb of Titillation

Old 08-09-2017, 10:59 PM

I'm definitely going to make a mental note to buy this once it's cooperative/multiplayer!

Wonderlands
Super ʕ•͡ᴥ•ʔ...

Old 08-10-2017, 04:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Wandering Poet View Post
I usually run out of time. I domt have enough stone for those mega drops... and I don't need anything down there.
Time really sucks, I need the scepter to get me home so that I have more time.

I dont need anything either but I just.. I just want to do it haha. DAMN THAT CHALLENGE.

---------- Post added 08-10-2017 at 02:57 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Facade View Post
I'm definitely going to make a mental note to buy this once it's cooperative/multiplayer!
Awesome, please do! It would be so nice in a coop mode. Just chilling out with people working on a farm... but without that hard work...

Crimson Fang
*^_^*
Send a message via AIM to Crimson Fang Send a message via MSN to Crimson Fang

Old 08-10-2017, 05:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wonderlands View Post
The relaxing atmosphere is the biggest draw for me. Its so nice just to zone out and listen to music or podcasts while playing. The only intense things that you have to go through is the caves/mines and maybe even the easter egg hunt haha.

..I forgot I made this topic. I was about to scream WHERE IS THE DAMN SWITCH GAME.
Yes definitely! The rest of my week can be quite a rush at times, so it is really nice if I am able to do something more relaxing during my recreational time. Feel a bit too drained sometimes to play more demanding games.

The Wandering Poet
Captain Oblivious

Penpal

Old 08-10-2017, 01:23 PM

You should be able to have up to 3 other people on your farm I think (total of 4)

That scepter is pretty nice. With my money rising each season I will get it eventually. I want the statue of endless fortune first.
I also have a large collection of irridium items like cheeses and wines which I am collecting for when I REALLY need something.

Wonderlands
Super ʕ•͡ᴥ•ʔ...

Old 08-12-2017, 11:06 PM

I don't have that many friends heheheeee..

Oh yeah, one day I'll get as well but like you I just need to grind for it (let the seasons pass). I like how you can't really fail at this game haha.

The Wandering Poet
Captain Oblivious

Penpal

Old 08-13-2017, 05:26 AM

I don't either... maybe us Menewshans can help each other farm.

Wonderlands
Super ʕ•͡ᴥ•ʔ...

Old 08-13-2017, 05:31 AM

Mene Farm Crew!
Well.. were going to have to wait until next year for that.
Quote:
We currently expect to be able to start a beta test at the end of the year for Steam users to help us test the game. Mod authors will be encouraged to update their mods during this beta period. Then, in early 2018 we will release it as the 1.3 patch on Windows, Mac and Linux.

Consoles will get the patch too, starting with Nintendo Switch. This will be a bigger patch than usual, so be aware that it will take a while to roll out to each platform.

The Wandering Poet
Captain Oblivious

Penpal

Old 08-13-2017, 05:35 AM

I am most definitely beta testing it

Wonderlands
Super ʕ•͡ᴥ•ʔ...

Old 08-13-2017, 05:37 AM

It would be so awesome to be part of it. I'd be horrible actually giving any feedback though. Id just be like I LOVE IT, THANK YOU without being critical at all.

The Wandering Poet
Captain Oblivious

Penpal

Old 08-13-2017, 05:39 AM

The purpose is for bug seeking mostly. Like "My friend keeps walking through walls" or something. Anything exploitable as well.

Wonderlands
Super ʕ•͡ᴥ•ʔ...

Old 08-13-2017, 05:42 AM

Mm yeah true, I guess things like that kind of stand out and make you go.. huh, thats probably not meant to be like that. Exploits though, thats beyond me.

Oh that reminds me. When I had a kid in the game it decided to turn into a demon baby and get stuck behind the top of the wall.

The Wandering Poet
Captain Oblivious

Penpal

Old 08-13-2017, 05:44 AM

You can dismiss the kids with some statue somewhere. Lets you make a new one so they can walk around.