Antagonist
The Great Adversary

Penpal

Old 12-11-2018, 02:51 AM

25 degrees Celsius is pretty warm! It's 25 degrees Fahrenheit that you have to watch out for

maidenroseheart
Can I please come down? ~Simple ...

Old 12-11-2018, 03:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sailor star rainbow View Post
Oh by the way Maiden congrats on getting married and also happy early birthday.

My mom had buy a new pair of leather gloves this year. since my naughty dog destroyed one last year. he is still 2 right now will be 3 years old on Christmas day.
Awe thank you Sailor :) I'm turning the big 30 this year... never thought this day would come so quickly, still feel like 24.

---------- Post added 12-11-2018 at 12:41 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antagonist View Post
Student at the moment, I'm taking a vocational course since I'm jobless and might as well do something with my time while I recuperate. The class ends on the 14th though so it'll be back to looking for jobs...

It's generally around 25 degrees Celsius these days I think, though the lowest temperatures of the day could reach 17 or 18 I think. So no need of heaters anywhere except high up in the mountains. Downside(?) is that just about everyone I know is super sensitive to the cold and they'd be freezing even when it's nowhere near ice temperatures yet. I'm already one of the better ones but I still feel cold even at 23 degrees.
No I get it. If you acclimate to a specific temp range then going higher or lower than that really gets to you. When I visited my friend in Hawaii, there was a 1 degree difference from her village and Hilo, but that one degree was enough to make her complain about how hot and humid. Then they took me up top Mauna Kea... my turn to complain, this time how cold lol.

I think my biggest problem is I can't regulate body temperature as well as others. I get warm easily and cold easily. So I either have cold hands and feet or I have a warm core. Neither is enjoyable to me. When I sleep at night, after an hour my body cools on it's own, so I tend to turn up the temp a little. But if I am up and cleaning *should really go do that* then it is a bit warm for me.

I'm rooting for you on that class. And on finding a job that works well for you :)

---------- Post added 12-11-2018 at 12:43 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kat Dakuu View Post
Lol, jumpstart? Is that a kind of energy drink or something? XD

I'm not sure if I want to add anything to my avi or not, but mostly I wanted to use the noxious nasties items since I got it gifted to me a while ago and haven't gotten around to using it. And I mean...why not go green?

25 sounds waaaaay too cold, Antag! I'm allergic to winter!!! T.T
Yeah it is an energy drink I haven't seen before this year. I think Mountain Dew puts it out. 25 calories and few added sugars but man alive quite a kick of caffeine.

Your avi is very pretty. The green and the glump, it works, it really does. That is definitely a new version of going green! Love it!

Antagonist
The Great Adversary

Penpal

Old 12-11-2018, 03:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maidenroseheart View Post
No I get it. If you acclimate to a specific temp range then going higher or lower than that really gets to you. When I visited my friend in Hawaii, there was a 1 degree difference from her village and Hilo, but that one degree was enough to make her complain about how hot and humid. Then they took me up top Mauna Kea... my turn to complain, this time how cold lol.

I think my biggest problem is I can't regulate body temperature as well as others. I get warm easily and cold easily. So I either have cold hands and feet or I have a warm core. Neither is enjoyable to me. When I sleep at night, after an hour my body cools on it's own, so I tend to turn up the temp a little. But if I am up and cleaning *should really go do that* then it is a bit warm for me.

I'm rooting for you on that class. And on finding a job that works well for you :)
lol Yeah, reminds me of the time our teacher back in high school said she had a family from Alaska come visit them in winter, and when the teacher's family went to greet them they were all wearing thick coats and shivering while the Alaskan family came wearing shorts and T-shirts and told them how nice and breezy it was.

I think it happens to me too, I get hot or cold easily and it's pretty annoying at night when I have to repeatedly fling the blankets on and off. It gets better after a while when my body reaches a certain temperature and I can keep the blankets on, otherwise you'll see me covered in blankets but with the fan on and blowing directly at me.

Thanks! I'm hoping I'll be able to find a good job with good pay and good hours, even if it's probably impossible with the current economy where I am... Maybe I'll get lucky and find a good company that'll offer me those options...

maidenroseheart

Old 12-11-2018, 03:49 AM

Quote:
25 degrees Celsius is pretty warm! It's 25 degrees Fahrenheit that you have to watch out for
24-25 C is decent... at least that is what we set our office temp to in Korea when I lived there...

But yeah, 24 F really... hmmm... is unpleasant.

---------- Post added 12-11-2018 at 12:52 PM ----------

Quote:
lol Yeah, reminds me of the time our teacher back in high school said she had a family from Alaska come visit them in winter, and when the teacher's family went to greet them they were all wearing thick coats and shivering while the Alaskan family came wearing shorts and T-shirts and told them how nice and breezy it was.

I think it happens to me too, I get hot or cold easily and it's pretty annoying at night when I have to repeatedly fling the blankets on and off. It gets better after a while when my body reaches a certain temperature and I can keep the blankets on, otherwise you'll see me covered in blankets but with the fan on and blowing directly at me.

Thanks! I'm hoping I'll be able to find a good job with good pay and good hours, even if it's probably impossible with the current economy where I am... Maybe I'll get lucky and find a good company that'll offer me those options...

Oh I love sleeping under lots of blankets but with cool air blowing! Gentle AC gives a sense of... hmmm... not sure what but I like it :)

I'm rooting for you! Though economies can be bad, there is good jobs sometimes hiding nearby. Look for the good pay first... unless you have family then go for good hours... and then see if there is a way to get the other part once you work there for awhile or another job comes along that is better suited for you. Just thoughts. Can always look at least.

Antagonist
The Great Adversary

Penpal

Old 12-11-2018, 03:58 AM

Yeah, 25 degrees Celsius sounds comfortable enough, but once it reaches 24 I think I'll start to shiver a bit.

I like to burrow under warm blankets while it's cold out, I just like feeling the warmth. So comfortable.

Yeah, I'm hoping for a good balance of good pay and good hours. But it seems like it's always bad pay and bad hours all around. Stupid bosses being stingy and whatnot. Oh well. I'll have to start looking next week so hopefully there'll be some good options when I start looking. Hopefully I'll be able to find a decent job within a month...

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 12-11-2018, 04:24 AM

Rose: Oh, it's the mountain dew thing! I've had that then. Potent sugary stuff! I had it when I was in college once. I think it's a limited time thing though?

I have about four blankets out right now. Of course, my cat has taken two, so I kept having to take more out so I could have ones on the couch and bed that weren't covered in cat smell.

Antagonist
The Great Adversary

Penpal

Old 12-11-2018, 04:27 AM

I don't think I have that many blankets o__o Just the two on my bed I think. Then again I don't have any pets to share my blankets with, unless you count Snakey the snake...

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 12-11-2018, 04:32 AM

Snakey probably doesn't want a blanket. XD
Ya see, Pedro was using the pink blanket and I using the blue one, but then he suddenly decided that he wouldn't sleep on that side of the bed anymore and took the blue one. Now they're both cat blankets because so much fur...
I really don't do well with the cold though.

Antagonist
The Great Adversary

Penpal

Old 12-11-2018, 06:31 AM

He might want one, who knows! Blankets are comfy and dark so he might wan to hide inside one. xD

lol I'm guessing he wanted the blanket you are using so he took the blue one. o .o

I don't do well in the cold either, I'd just shiver uselessly and then get sick. >_>;

sailor star rainbow
\(@O@)ʌ...

Old 12-11-2018, 07:33 AM

Welcome

Also I'm good with the cold weather as long I got. the fallowing items in my house soup home made are canned. hot chocolate are coffee and don't forget the cracker's. besides that a nice warm bed to snuggle into.

Antagonist
The Great Adversary

Penpal

Old 12-11-2018, 11:06 AM

I'd need lots of hot food, a warm blanket or two and my bed, and thick fluffy long sleeves and pants.

maidenroseheart

Old 12-12-2018, 02:12 AM

blankets are always a good thing, I got home today and couldn't get warm to save my life. Finally took a hot shower. This is my favorite option when my hands and feet get cold because blood flow evidently isn't the best in my limbs, or at least the end of them.

I really hope you are able to find a job Antagonist. And hopefully with a fair boss.

Kat, I love the black cherry flavor. I don't think it is temporary though. I have been using them for over 8 months. Here is a link D

https://goo.gl/images/69G3E3

It is a google images search and the pic I selected does have my black cherry flavor on the left :D

Antagonist
The Great Adversary

Penpal

Old 12-12-2018, 02:26 AM

How showers are heavenly during cold weathers, I never want to get out of them because it'll be back to freezing.

Thanks, I hope so too. I saw one that seems to be a decent job, I'll be tossing out a resume in maybe a couple of days once the class ends.

Those drinks look like they're tasty. I haven't had Mountain Dew in probably a decade or so.

maidenroseheart

Old 12-12-2018, 10:54 PM

Nice, always good to have one to aim for once you are able. I hope they accept you!

The nice thing about Jumsptarts is that they are significantly less calories than most energy drinks or pop. That said, doesn't mean it is healthy. But oh so yummy.

Antagonist
The Great Adversary

Penpal

Old 12-13-2018, 12:17 AM

I hope so too! And that it's within my scope of abilities to handle or that would be awkward.

Yeah, most drinks aren't on the side of healthiness. I love 'special' flavors like cherry or raspberry, the kind aren't usually seen in flavored drinks.

maidenroseheart

Old 12-13-2018, 01:25 AM

lol Raspberry is a favorite! I don't know why it has to be specifically "black cherry" as I am sure regular cherry is fine... but I gravitate towards that flavor like bugs to a light.

Antagonist
The Great Adversary

Penpal

Old 12-13-2018, 01:58 AM

Black cherry

I don't know what my favorite 'unusual' flavor is, they all sound so tasty!

sailor star rainbow
\(@O@)ʌ...

Old 12-13-2018, 11:38 PM

I enjoy vanilla in my soda. sure I tried other flavor's of soda growing up but the only one I enjoyed. was Pepsi with a lemon twist sadly only had one can of it. I wish they would bring it back for a limited time. if I recall right it came out around 2001 or 2002 maybe.

Antagonist
The Great Adversary

Penpal

Old 12-14-2018, 12:17 AM

Oh! I remember coca cola having a vanilla flavor for a while. I haven't seen it in a while though, I wonder if they took it off the shelf because it's not selling well enough or something. I miss it since it's pretty good. :(

MoodyBats
Scarce Menewshan

Old 12-14-2018, 02:02 AM

Fun fact. Vanilla coca cola is Moody's favorite soda.

maidenroseheart

Old 12-14-2018, 04:52 AM

I heard that a lot of the pops now have vanilla or cherry added to them... lemon has been, as suggested, limited edition sort of drink. I noticed at the gas station they now have these big syrup containers. You get your pop from the fountain machine and then go pump in vanilla or cherry or both.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 12-14-2018, 06:16 PM

Coke just did that new flavor line up thing with the mango, ginger, and other random flavors. My roommate tried a few of them. I really hate cola though so I only thought everything was so-so in taste.

sailor star rainbow
\(@O@)ʌ...

Old 12-15-2018, 12:21 AM

They still make coke zero vanilla. but I can only find it at one store that still sell's it.

Antagonist
The Great Adversary

Penpal

Old 12-15-2018, 01:31 PM

I miss vanilla cola. :( I'd love to try mango, ginger, and other flavors of cola! I haven't seen any around here though, so it must be a regional thing. :((

maidenroseheart

Old 12-15-2018, 06:08 PM

Mango does sound rather yummy, but hard to imagine with cola. I'll keep my eyes open and if I see one, I'll try it out.