Artist Poison
⊙ω⊙
Banned

Old 09-25-2012, 02:37 AM

(its cool, are you staying up again tonight? I have to wait for more laundry to get done, so i'll be up a bit, maybe not as long as last night) (dont kill me, but, your characters reactions are so abrupt, they make me laugh, i like the story that much, yes)

Kuraon was surprised as he had sat up at that moment, only to get snapped out of his thought, he tasted chocolate as he bit down on the cookie chewing it out of reaction. Swallowing it, he was confused, "Why did...you just do that?" he asked unsure of Anse's reaction. He looked over to the side, the food from earlier untouched except the bite he had earlier, and the the cookies to the side as well untouched. Maybe he wasn't happy Kuraon wasn't eating...or maybe he spent all that time in the kitchen, and didn't like things to spoil...or maybe he just wanted someone to eat what he made, there was alot of options.

Kuraon sat Indian style looking over at the other man "As much as I can handle silence...I hate it...why do you live alone?" he asked, the subject was totally lost now, it went and strayed to another one as Kuraon's mind was asking him the same question, but, his voice spoke it before his thoughts could. "I mean wouldn't it be better to live with someone rather than live without someone?" he knew how lonely that could get.

PapillonCameo
(^・o・^)ノ”

Old 09-25-2012, 02:59 AM

((hehe It's fine, and I might. It depends))

"Because you aren't eating anything." And he'd made everything for him. Maybe it was all a bit too much, but it was nice to have someone to cook for again. It made things all that more pleasant to cook and create, even if most of the cooking had been done to deal with his anger.

He chuckled at the questions, shaking his head and then turning to sit beside Kuraon. "It's obvious, I'm an assassin. There really isn't anything I can do about it except kidnap people and try to get them to like me. It ends in disaster every time." Not death though. "You're talkative all of a sudden." He reached out to cuff the other man's shoulder lightly.

Artist Poison
⊙ω⊙
Banned

Old 09-25-2012, 03:15 AM

(kkz)

"Sorry"
he stated grabbing some another cookie from the plate and held it in his mouth tasting the flavor, he loved cookies. Kuraon pouted, still holding the cookie in his mouth, he knew people feared him (kuro), and it wasn't just because of the way he looked at some, it was his status, he was a mage. Magic users were tend to be considered like witches, to be killed at the sight. Kuraon shrugged "I hate silence and being mean to people unless there is a good reason..." or if they challenged him.

"Would you rather me not talk?" he asks curiously, every time he showed his curiosity it was almost like a child wondering thoughtlessly and not caring how others saw them (children). He ate the cookie, it tasted really good, and he felt like a kid again eating something his uncle made when he was alive.

PapillonCameo
(^・o・^)ノ”

Old 09-25-2012, 03:31 AM

"Just be careful what you say." An actual conversation seemed like an impossibility to the assassin. Unconsciously he smiled while staring at someone finally enjoying his cooking. It was a sight he'd never thought to see. Lapsing into silence, he reached out again to press a hand against his prisoner's shoulder.

It was hard to think of what to say. "I'm not much of a conversationalist, but you can try." His eyes turned away to peer at the floor. He fiddled with his thumbs, fidgeting and shifting about.

Artist Poison
⊙ω⊙
Banned

Old 09-25-2012, 04:02 AM

"Um..." he swallowed the cookie "Besides... assassinating, what do you do in your free time when you're not inside?" he asked not sure what to ask after that, he had distracted himself with cookies now, and that could last awhile. Though, he did take note that Anse looked away "I am usually always talking, I tend to find something to say or something to do"

Kuraon was silent waiting for a reply, he took a drink from a glass that was sitting on the side table. He was thinking of more questions t o ask, he wasn't so sure what to ask, but, then his eyes lit up with en idea. He had an idea, he wanted to prove something to him, not because he felt like he had to, but, because he wanted to.

PapillonCameo
(^・o・^)ノ”

Old 09-25-2012, 04:16 AM

"Another obvious answer, I cook. It helps me calm down." It was an art. Creating something from nothing always brought a modicum of satisfaction to the man. Perhaps a cooking assassin was strange, but oh well ... Whatever worked to keep his dark thoughts at bay.

At bay in the bay. The thought brought an image to mind of the sea. Such a beautiful sight ... One the assassin missed. That had been long ago when he'd been a happy child, not so now.

((Buzz lightyear quote from first Toy Story ))

Last edited by PapillonCameo; 09-25-2012 at 04:18 AM..

Artist Poison
⊙ω⊙
Banned

Old 09-25-2012, 04:23 AM

"I meant besides cooking" he spoke "You say you don't like magic, but, um...can I show you something involving magic...or would that be bad?" he had a good idea in mind, but, wouldn't put it to use until he was said he could or not. He wouldn't want to upset him now that they were on somewhat decent terms for the moment.

His idea would be something nice, not creepy or gorey or anything, he wasn't going to do that even though he could. Everyone had an image, he was hated by others, but, it was never him in reality.

PapillonCameo
(^・o・^)ノ”

Old 09-25-2012, 04:33 AM

The blond had to take a while to think over it before a sigh escaped his lips. "I mostly sit around trying to read, to be normal, but that'll never happen." The mention of magic brought a shiver of fear into his soul, even so Anselm turned to Kuraon and nodded. His eyes shifted away to linger upon the food, before flitting back to the person he'd kidnapped. It was hard to figure out just what exactly was going trough his mind.

Artist Poison
⊙ω⊙
Banned

Old 09-25-2012, 04:43 AM

Kuraon stayed sitting the way he was "Watch" he silently spoke and closed his eyes, he placed the palm of his hands just a couple short inches away from each other, and he waited. His eyes closed, his mind focusing, as he imagined a place he went when he was younger, he could remember the beach, the meadow right next to it, the grass tall and moving about with the gentle of the wind...the air was salty smelling, but, relaxing...the sound of the ocean right there was peaceful...

Kuraon had brought the place in his memory to life as the gentle breeze caressed both of them. "Magic isn't all bad, I'm not sticking up for those who use it wrongly, but, I can create something like this, from a memory I remember" he stated his eyes staying closed the whole entire time. "It's only bad to those who use it, we're not all the same, my uncle taught me that" he stated once more. Dolphins in the sea played with each other, the horses near raced, and something different showed up, little people with wings, actually faeries flying about giggling and laughing. It was a partly cloudy day, and yet, it was nice out.

PapillonCameo
(^・o・^)ノ”

Old 09-26-2012, 12:10 AM

Rolling his eyes, he crossed his arms to hide how hard his hands trembled. Eventually the sound of waves, the tangy scent of the ocean ... A world came to life before his eyes in a way he'd never dreamed could happen. Anselm stood to twist and turn with an uncertain face. He didn't quite know how to react to any of this. The assassin watched the animals frolicking about, but when the fairies appeared, that was the last straw.

"Enough! That's enough. Now make it disappear." Reaching out, Anse shook the other man's shoulder roughly. He was actually being pretty gentle, considering who he was that is.

Artist Poison
⊙ω⊙
Banned

Old 09-26-2012, 01:30 AM

Kuraon frowned as his concentration broke instantly, the meadow returned to the room looking as if it shattered into pieces of falling glass that slowly disappeared. He sat here, on his knees now, his hands on the bed in front of him "S-sorry.." he realized it was too much, he knew he shouldn't have tried that. Now he didn't feel like using magic again, not for awhile.

Kuraon changed his emotions, "I like the cookies...thanks for making them..." he stated and looked at them, he took one and just put it halfway in his mouth. He was trying to smile, he already hurt the assassin more than enough, he didn't need to keep it up.

PapillonCameo
(^・o・^)ノ”

Old 09-26-2012, 01:49 AM

It seemed like the other man was trying to cheer him up. For some reason the thought made Anse's lips quirk up into a half smile. Almost playfully he reached out to tug at the cookie. "Or you're trying to get a smile out of me. Now isn't that a strange thought?" He had after all kidnapped the mage and dragged him to his home. Not to mention the fact that he'd broken his finger and somehow managed to make him faint for loss of magic. That was quite a list!

And yet Kuraon still tried to make him smile. It was admirable really. "You've got a kind heart it seems." Slowly the assassin slumped to the floor. Leaning back upon his hands, he glanced up at the mage with a wry laugh. "The kindness is waster on me." It would just make his life so much harder.

Artist Poison
⊙ω⊙
Banned

Old 09-26-2012, 02:37 AM

Kuraon held onto the cookie with only his mouth 'mine' he thought trying to hold onto it. When Anse let go of the cookie, it almost threw Kuraon off balance and he caught the cookie. He chewed and swallowed the cookie, "It's not wasted on you, look you smiled" Kuraon stated and then stayed where he was at.

"Do you not like to smile?" he asked getting up and closer to Anse, he wasn't trying to be cute or anything, more like intimating, but, that never worked very well with anyone. "I think it would make things a little easier if you smiled some more" he liked to make others smile, no matter what extend he had to go to.

PapillonCameo
(^・o・^)ノ”

Old 09-26-2012, 02:54 AM

The assassin shrugged his shoulder and lifted a hand to tug at his long hair. "I've never had a reason to smile." Anselm smirked and twisted like a snake to knock the other man down. It had been too tempting when Kuraon had made such a pitiful attempt to appear far more intimidating then he could ever be. An arm reached out to lay across Kuraon's chest, effectively pinning him to the ground. Well defined muscles strained a little with the effort, but it was no more then that.

"You do realize I kill people for a living, that I kidnapped you, that I hurt you. There's no reason for you to want to make me smile, except to gain my trust so you can deceive me." And there lay the crux of the matter. Anselm could think of no reason why he would ever act so friendly with his captor, though there were many tales of such a thing happening. He never believed them though.

Artist Poison
⊙ω⊙
Banned

Old 09-26-2012, 03:01 AM

Kuraon didn't struggle, though his determined expression showed in his eyes, he continued to listen though, sometimes it was better to listen, than not to listen. For the time being Kuraon had forgotten he had to deceive the man in order to run free, thought he would probably have to kill him otherwise he would be hunted down again, unless he was to get into the territory of the mages. Then he would be protected, but, who would need protecting then?

"You kill people, so what, that's called life. You kidnapped me on orders, and you hurt me because I chose not to heed your warning. So what, you think all those things make you a bad person, have you ever thought about the good things you do?" Kuraon asked, his intimidating voice showing now just like before he was caught. "You cooked for me, you showed me there are things out there more dangerous than I would believe, and you say you're bad?" He spoke finishing it off by saying "You may have done some wrongs, but, you had your reasons for it. No matter what the reasons, you're just like every living thing in this world, you're still important" he stated not realizing how that all sounded.

PapillonCameo
(^・o・^)ノ”

Old 09-26-2012, 03:25 AM

A look of complete and utter surprise plastered itself onto the assassin's face. He'd imagined having to face words of hatred, of contempt, of derision ... But not this. "Kuraon, do you really believe that I'm important to someone? There's no one left to care for me. My parents are dead, killed by a mage before my eyes. No one wanted to take me in." A bitter laugh escaped his lips before he could stop himself. "I suppose that's your reason." He realized all of a sudden how very good it felt to have someone so close, warm and not trying to escape.

Anselm moved as if in a dream til his hair brushed against the Kuraon's skin. The lonely man sighed softly as his lips met Kuraon's, and the warmth disappeared as he pulled away completely to stand at the doorway. He looked back questioningly, and almost fearfully. He didn't know why he'd done that, couldn't comprehend why it had seemed like the right thing to do... It had felt so right.

Artist Poison
⊙ω⊙
Banned

Old 09-26-2012, 03:31 AM

"There is always someone out there for you to be important too, you just have to search until you find them" Kuraon spoke, he didn't have anyone besides his uncle, but, they were just family. Nothing more, nothing less, or so he believed that is. Kuraon felt the lips of the assassin on his lips, the warmth that lay behind the cold words he had spoken each time. His face turned slightly pink, he had been kissed before, but, not by one who hated his kind.

It made him feel strange, Kuraon stayed on the floor on his back, and he watched as the assassin moved away to the doorway. Kuraon sat up almost speechless "Well...that was different" he looked at the ground, not in fear, not in disgust, just bewilderment. Why had he just been kissed, he half expected to be slapped, or killed for what he said.

PapillonCameo
(^・o・^)ノ”

Old 09-26-2012, 10:04 PM

It took a while before Anselm could find a way to answer. His thoughts always twisted from one direction to another to form what seemed like an impenetrable web."It was my first." The truth rang out even before he could stop the words from leaving his lips. A hand lifted to braid and re-braid his long locks. Time and again slender fingers danced trough white blonde hair in nervousness. This uncertain was an alien emotion, all too true to be denied.

Artist Poison
⊙ω⊙
Banned

Old 09-26-2012, 10:59 PM

Kuraon stood up walking over to him easily, Kuraon took his hand in his while Anse's was braiding his hair "I'm sorry your first kiss was wasted, but, it's not as bad as it seems" Kuraon spoke, though he really didn't know what else to say after that. Kuraon opened his mouth to speak again, however, his voice was cut off along with what he said when thunder shook the house making Kuraon freeze up. Relaxing again he stated "A storm, of course...do you like storms?"

PapillonCameo
(^・o・^)ノ”

Old 09-26-2012, 11:25 PM

A chuckle escaped the assassin as his hand was taken so unexpectedly. "Who said it was wasted?" He didn't know what he thought of it except for the fact that it had been a pleasant experience. It was his feelings he didn't know. For the assassin had felt it was right, but he had no idea why.

The sound of thunder made Anse grin. "It would be better if you asked if I like good weather." Storms with their changeable skies always fascinated him. It reminded Anse of himself.

Artist Poison
⊙ω⊙
Banned

Old 09-26-2012, 11:41 PM

"Oh, you're an odd person you know that" Kuraon spoke adding after a moment "But, it's not a bad thing" the power went out due to the storm picking up, making things worse, the wind howled and pushed against the house. The cold icy rain sounded like tiny needles on the roof, the thunder shook the house again...Kuraon knew lighting would soon light up the sky, "Um...do you have any candles?" he asked, he was trying to get the other out of the room for the moment.

Kuraon almost jumped not expecting the thunder again thinking 'Of course the storm would knock out the power' he sighed, there would be no way around this, not unless he could get calmed down, this was something he didn't like.

PapillonCameo
(^・o・^)ノ”

Old 09-27-2012, 12:30 AM

He glanced at Kuraon with a raised eyebrow. "Is the big bad mage afraid of the dark?" Shrugging, the assassin released the other man's hand to wander out of the room. He went to a nearby pantry and began to rummage inside. Soon he was returning with a few white candles. Carefully each one was placed at a strategic point in the room, then lit with matches Anse always carried with him.

There was no telling when one would need them. Sauntering confidently to stand by Kuraon's side, the assassin grinned. He was just a little proud of himself for finding a solution to the problem ... Now that was a very unusual thing for him, it was almost like he wanted to please the other man.

Artist Poison
⊙ω⊙
Banned

Old 09-27-2012, 12:58 AM

"I don't fear the dark" he spoke, which was true, he didn't, he feared storms. Lighting mostly, but, thunderous lighting is what really got his attention. He feared it, there was a rumor that stated 'Those who see lighting strike, thinks it hits a tree or something, but, in reality it goes after someone with magical energy' he closed the door shutting it and pressed his back against it until he realized he slid against the door, sitting in front of the window that the lighting up. He quickly hid into a place the lighting wouldn't be able to see him.

Other than storms, he was actually not afraid of anything, and he didn't fear death. No one ever knew what would happen if you got striked by lighting and was a user of magic. Kuraon didn't want to find out either. He laid under the bed, his eyes closed, his back to the door, and he was curled up waiting for it to stop.

PapillonCameo
(^・o・^)ノ”

Old 09-27-2012, 01:55 AM

His eyes traveled trough the room in search of his guest. Soon Anselm was kneeling by the bed with a gentle smile. Reaching out he tried to pull Kuraon from beneath his shelter. If he managed to do so, the assassin planned to hold him close. Nothing more then that. Words of comfort and kindness had never before been needed, and so he did not know how to speak them. Instead Anselm wished to offer the warmth of an embrace to comfort, to ease fears away.

Artist Poison
⊙ω⊙
Banned

Old 09-27-2012, 02:05 AM

Kuraon was reluctantly pulled away from under his hiding spot, he couldn't help but to fear the storm. Being pulled into an embrace, he felt a little safer, it was odd, but, Kuraon didn't have time to think more on it, when a steam of lighting flash close by, he saw it out of the corner of his eye. He jumped wrapping his arms around the assassin, he didn't care what was going on, he was more focused on staying hidden from the storm.

"Don't let it get me, don't let it get me, don't let it get me" he whispered countless times trying to calm down, shaken with fear, he kept his face away from the glass, he knew if he looked he would freak. And if he freaked out at all during a storm, his powers would show, and he figured the lighting would either get to him, or the bracelet it wore. "Please don't let it get me, please don't let it get me" he continued to whisper as it lit up the sky and he yelped. After awhile, the storm was calming down, it was fading away, and moving on as it was planning on doing in the first place.