NinjaKitty
*^_^*

Old 05-13-2011, 04:18 AM

First let's start off with what was in this dream. In the dream I was standing beside a large fountain staring up at this store (can't really remember the name of it), but there I was reminiscing about what the town must have been like back in the 1930's - 1940's (time period I'm not to sure of). Suddenly the whole place shifted and I was back in the presice time I was thinking of. A trolley stopped in front of me and I took it down to the end of the street where it stopped before an Italian bakery. Heading inside I was mistaken for the niece of the owners and put to work as a waitress (it was a bakery/cafe). After awhile I headed back outside and the world shifted again and I was back in my own time. It was an odd dream but a cool one I loved it. Anyway I was thinking of making a role play somewhere along those lines a girl from present day somehow gets sent back in time and ends up working at a bakery.

Name: Marie
Height: 5ft 1in

Meet Marie a normal sixteen year old sophomore from present time. She lived in a rather small town with a name no one could quit remember. On a class field trip they went to the city to visit one of the oldest parts of the city and learn a little about it. Wandering away from the group Marie suddenly found herself stepping through time, if that's the right term. Finding herself back in the time her teacher had been talking about Marie first thinks it's a dream and starts to go along with it. Taking the trolley (here I'm following the dream obviously) to the end of the road she get's to a bakery/cafe. Going inside she is somehow mistaken for the owner's niece roped into working at the cafe Marie, still believing she is dreaming, happily goes along with it. After work she finds out that she is to live with the aunt and uncle, along with their son or daughter (I'm not picky here you can pick the gender but be warned this is a romance RP). Upon waking the next morning she starts to slowly realize this isn't a dream.

Alright now if anyone is interested just let me know. Leave a profile with the character's name, age, picture, bio, and any other information you want to add.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wonderbar

Name: Callisto Sacchetti
Height: 5ft 7in

Callisto works as a barker at the Italian baker/cafe. He also blends the best coffee. He's a soft and warm friendly man with a great sense of humor and a love for food. He is a little too laid back at times. While he isn't related to anyone in Marie's "family", he does live next door to them. He grew up poor and to this day he tries to make the best of his money for his grandmother who is ill.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Esmme

Name: Dar'ian Da Vinci
Height: 6ft 4in

Though his name is that of a famous artist, Dar'ian merely smiles and shakes his head at the mention. Leonardo Da Vinci wasn't the only one with the name! Being related to him (in a very distant way) makes Dar'ian feel as though he's always in someone's shadow.
He is a musician who enjoys spending a lot of time alone, and what better way to do that than to avoid people? Sadly, he was raised near a bakery, so the smells draw him faster than anywhere else in the city. He is now a regular who enjoys spending his time in and near the bakery as he contemplates his music.

((His clothing isn't quite as dramatic as seen above. He usually wears nice clothing that is black with touches of gray or navy. No cloaks. :sweat:))

Name: Tiffany "Tiff" Scott
Height: 5ft 2in

Life. Of. The. Party. Tiff had spunk in her since the age of two. She's always had the looks that make people swoon and go her way, but when you add in her flamboyant personality . . . very few can resist her charm.

Tiff enjoys meeting new people. She was very much glad to meet Marie in school. They've been . . . good friends. Not the best, but getting better by the day.

Last edited by NinjaKitty; 07-30-2011 at 08:59 PM..

Esmme
See you later, Cole. "How do you...

Old 07-30-2011, 05:44 AM

((*purrs* Would you mind me jumping in here? I can play some guy that works there/visits as well. :sweat:))

Wonderbar
Wunderbar!!
Send a message via AIM to Wonderbar Send a message via MSN to Wonderbar Send a message via Yahoo to Wonderbar

Old 07-30-2011, 05:52 AM

((This seems interesting. Would there be a plot to this? Sorry for the OOC, just wondering what I should put down as a story for my character who would most likely be a baker.))

NinjaKitty
*^_^*

Old 07-30-2011, 06:23 AM

I would love to have you guys role play this with me just PM me the profiles please

NinjaKitty
*^_^*

Old 07-30-2011, 09:33 PM

(Here’s what I’m going to start it off as, Marie will be on a field trip with her class and steps through time. So I’ll make her take a quick trip to the bakery before going back to her time.)

”And this right here is an old time bakery cafe, it was once very popular with people coming from all over to visit it. Now though it’s just a small time café with good food and great service” the tour guide gestured to the old run down café with a flourish as if she was showing them a palace or something. Marie stifled a giggle behind her hand her eyes meeting that of her friend Tiffany or Tiff for short. The tour guide really thought high of herself and it showed in the way she carried herself, head high nose in the air an air of pompous smugness hung around her. The class was on a field trip touring the oldest part of their town, and basically Marie was bored to tears, who cared what these old buildings used to be? It didn’t change anything they were still just buildings some closed some still open. Old cafes, grocery stores, restaurants, barber shops, the old post office, and mayor’s office. It would be fascinating if one were interested in that type of thing which Marie certainly was not. The tour guide moved on and the children followed her like little ducklings, but Marie lagged behind her eyes on the old time café. It was a nice place really, rather old fashioned but nice all the same.

The longer she watched the building the more she came to like it; it certainly had a charm to it. The shift was sudden, barely noticeable if one wasn’t paying close attention, Marie didn’t notice it her attention was fixed on the sign that slowly so slowly started to get brighter, newer looking, as did the building around it. Almost like someone had touched up the paint fixed all the broken spots. When she turned her head all the buildings looked newer, the streets were busier and her class was nowhere around. It was like they had disappeared. Focusing on the people she noticed they were wearing really old fashioned clothes, much different than the school uniform she wore. What was going on here? Where had her class gone? Why was everyone wearing those clothes? Had she somehow stepped into an old time parade? Or was this just part of the tour?

”Clara, Clara come here girl and get to work” Marie ignored the voice, it wasn’t talking to her after all it was calling for some Clara girl, she was too busy looking at all the odd sights it was like some strange dream, Marie turned in a slow circle eyes wide everything had changed. Was she dreaming? Suddenly a hand grabbed her shoulder turning her around; the hand belonged to a short plump woman that looked vaguely familiar. She had brown hair streaked with grey and a few laugh lines around her mouth and eyes, but overall she was a pretty thing about the same size as Marie herself perhaps a tad taller. ”Clara girl clean out your ears and get in here we need some extra hands its busy” taking the stunned girl by the arm she dragged her into the café that had so fascinated her earlier. Past table after table they went until they reached the back room, the woman threw her a waitress uniform and left without another word. Well if this is a dream then maybe I should just go along with it… it can’t hurt right? having already decided this crazy new development was a dream, it just had to be! Marie tore off her school uniform and pulled on the waitress outfit, it was rather cute.

The woman sent her right to work, waiting on tables, taking orders, and clearing the table when the customers left. By keeping her mouth shut except for a few questions, Marie found out that the owner of the café, Mrs. Annetta Russo and her husband Carlo Russo had mistaken the young girl for their niece Clara Bianchi a girl who seemed identical to Marie herself. What an odd dream she thought taking the latest order, an order for lunch from an older gentlemen who seemed like he was a regular around here and knew Clara quite well. But at least it’s an interesting one she thought flashing a smile at the man before taking the order back to her “Aunt” who was working in the kitchen. ”Go take a break dear eat something you’ve been such a big help”the kind woman said handing Marie a sandwich and ushering her out the back door. Munching on the sandwich, it was delicious, Marie took the chance to look around. The changes were amazing, who knew the town had ever been so busy, a bustling enchanting little town with people going about on their business in clothes that though old fashioned held their own charm.

The shift was as sudden as the first time, barely noticeable, all the buildings started to deteriorate becoming older more run down, Marie busy watching the fountain out in the square didn’t notice the people that started to fade away replaced by modern people in modern clothes. It was like coming out of a dream, she noticed her class a block away in front of a different building with her still standing outside the café. Wait what? Was I just dreaming? she thought rubbing her head. But she was still holding the sandwich still dressed up in the little waitress uniform from her “dream”. What was going on here? Had she been dreaming? But if so how could the outfit from her dreams end up still on her? Was she going crazy? The café drew her attention, confusion along with a little bit of panic mingled on her face. The café was back to what it had always looked like. A run down old place, though in her dream it had been a bustling hotspot. A fear seized her, what if… no it couldn’t be… could it? Had she somehow gone back in time? Gone back to when the café was popular? When the town was at its prime? One thought stuck in the girls mind, her eyes still wide with fear, Did I just go back in time?

Wonderbar
Wunderbar!!
Send a message via AIM to Wonderbar Send a message via MSN to Wonderbar Send a message via Yahoo to Wonderbar

Old 07-31-2011, 02:48 AM

Callisto Sacchetti was the baker for the cafe. He was one of the best in the world from a long line of them. He was never ashamed of his passion but some of the boys would tease him when he was younger. Now he serves them when they come in with a smug look on his face. Callisto is an Italian immigrant and speaks broken English. He continued to work his shift even skipping a chance to eat. He enjoyed his work and when the store closed he did the same thing he always did, he picked up his coat, bid farewell and walked to his place which was right next to the Russo home.

Esmme

Old 08-02-2011, 01:19 AM

Tiffany had been following along with the tour, looking ready to just sleepwalk, when she caught the gaze of her friend. Marie gave her a smile . . . and Tiff returned it with a wink. "This is boring," she mouthed, yawning and lifting her hands over her head to stretch. They moved on past a cafe . . . and then Tiff glanced back to find her friend standing still in shock.

With one glance to their guide, Tiff stepped over to Marie. "Did you see a ghost?" she asked, her eyebrows wiggling. Her spiked hair gave her an impish look as she smiled sneakily. "Or maybe a rat?" Whatever Marie had seen, she was looking rather confused.

NinjaKitty
*^_^*

Old 08-02-2011, 07:48 PM

I’m going crazy, I must be going crazy there is no possible way that I’ve just gone back in time. No way! I’ve been dreaming I slept walked or something she tried to assure herself forcing herself to take a step back from the café. Oh yeah well what about the sandwich and the uniform explain that miss smarty pants a part of her mind whispered making Marie blanche. It isn’t true it isn’t possible… it just can’t be she told herself over and over again. A voice calling out to her caught her attention and she looked over, it was Tiff. It took her a second to make out the words but shook her head ”N-no it’s n-nothing Tiff, just thought déjà vu… Like I remember this place from somewhere is all” it wasn’t a total lie but she wasn’t about to tell Tiff what had happened. All she knew was she was going to come back and see if the same thing happened once more.

Esmme

Old 08-03-2011, 05:41 AM

((:XD Is she still wearing the clothes from another time?))

"Strange case of deja vu," Tiffany said with a smile. The young woman moved to give her friend's hair a gentle tug. "Let's get back to the tour. We don't want to get left behind." Though, honestly, she wouldn't mind it. With a sigh, she ran a hand through her short hair before offering a weary expression to Marie. "Do you find this as boring as I do, or is it just my short attention span?"

As they slowly meandered their way back to the others, Tiffany yawned again. Hoorah for the boring day.

((Omg, I'm sorry for the sickly short posts. I've been so busy and tired recently . . . :())