The_Crow
Mime From Hell
Penpal
Send a message via AIM to The_Crow Send a message via MSN to The_Crow Send a message via Yahoo to The_Crow

Old 07-16-2015, 04:22 AM

Congrats on the Meneversary, Roachi. I should look up when my own Meneversary is. I've forgotten when it is.

Veno
Miss Mad Hatta

Old 07-16-2015, 04:50 AM

It's raspberry leaf tea. Major difference It has no fruit taste what so ever and basically tastes like dirt mixed with water. Or at least it does to me. And I'm pretty sure only females are suppose to drink the raspberry leaf tea... but I don't see what it would hurt if a male drank it. Lol I think that might be a google. moment.

Oh I love my record player and all my parents old vinyl. <3 They gave the whole collection to me for my 16th birthday. Probably one of my most cherished and favorite collection of items. I'm always plundering antique and thrift stores for new records.

The Wandering Poet
Captain Oblivious

Penpal

Old 07-16-2015, 05:01 AM

The leaves? I think I tried putting one of those in my mouth as a kid once. They did kinda taste like dirt...

Shame about record searching is so many of them are scratched beyond repair or skip :(
My parents have a ton of records though plus what they got from a garage sale. We are still working through what to keep
But nothing beats record... I don't know it just sounds better.

Veno
Miss Mad Hatta

Old 07-16-2015, 07:21 AM

Mhm. It's a type of tea. Lol. They sell it in grocery stores and everything though I got mine from a local herb shop that my mom has used for years. And that I frequent A LOT. I did try the store brand and it tasted a load worse.

Records are like gold. And actually I haven't came across too many that were scratched. But it's not like I look at the ones i'm not interested in. lol

Dottie Mae Evans
*~It's all good~*

Old 07-16-2015, 02:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Wandering Poet View Post
Gotta love misheard lyrics... I always loved when you start reading and it's like "Wait that's not the lyrics?"
I know poet and now I can't unhear the lyrics I just posted. I mean, why would you feed Oprah Winfrey tomatoes? Hmm... I wonder how she feels about the lyrics.

Emma Corrin
Li Mei's Ninja Knight

Old 07-16-2015, 09:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veno View Post
It's raspberry leaf tea. Major difference It has no fruit taste what so ever and basically tastes like dirt mixed with water. Or at least it does to me. And I'm pretty sure only females are suppose to drink the raspberry leaf tea... but I don't see what it would hurt if a male drank it. Lol I think that might be a google. moment.
Ohhhh! I didn't realize that - if that's the case then I'd be adding something to it versus drinking it straight - try to make it flavored so it's not do bad! I couldn't do it otherwise lol that's just gross!!

Veno
Miss Mad Hatta

Old 07-16-2015, 10:27 PM

I've tried adding honey, sugar, molasses and all sorts of stuff to it. Nothing helps it. I just don't like the taste. Lol Plenty of women actually like it. Just me not so much. Blegh.

Dystopia
Bitter-Bitter

Old 07-16-2015, 10:56 PM

I like some types of tea. I've only tried a few, but my favorites out of the ones I've tasted are chai and peppermint.

Veno
Miss Mad Hatta

Old 07-16-2015, 10:57 PM

I really enjoy camomile and this tea called zen.

The Wandering Poet
Captain Oblivious

Penpal

Old 07-16-2015, 10:58 PM

A gender specific tea? Wow... of all things to be gender specific I didn't expect a tea to be one of them
Though based on what you say about the taste... ya'll can keep it.

Veno
Miss Mad Hatta

Old 07-16-2015, 11:05 PM

Lol well raspberry leaf tea is a herb for medicinal use.

This is actually verbatim what it's for. "Supports healthy menstruation, tones the uterus and may be used for menstrual cramps or to help shorten labor."

Lol and it's been used for that for hundreds of years...so yeah it's kinda gender specific but from what I looked up, it's not going to effect men in any way.

The Wandering Poet
Captain Oblivious

Penpal

Old 07-16-2015, 11:28 PM

Well I would assume not. Though I guess if you're prone to regular cramps it might help.

Veno
Miss Mad Hatta

Old 07-16-2015, 11:40 PM

I use to drink it around that lovely monthly visitor and it really really helped with the cramps, so that's why when I found out it can help shorten and ease labor as well as the healing process afterwards I jumped on it. After of course making sure it's okay with my midwife. She actually was surprised I found out about it. She was going to tell me about it when I got closer to 32 weeks. *this was like 4 months ago* haha.

They don't recommend drinking it prior to 32 weeks for the sole fact that it doesn't really help that early on and tea of any sort takes some iron from you. *the darker the tea the more iron it absorbs from your body* I started drinking 1 cup a day and then went up to 2 cups a day and now I'm up to 4 cups a day, and it's really helped with my Braxston Hicks contractions.

Went to the doc today. Lol nothing new. Baby is all healthy and so am I. Just waiting for the magic ingredient of contrations to start. Lol So my next appointment - tentatively - [haha] is the 23rd. Which is if he's not here. And if he hasn't arrived by then she's going to go ahead and schedule me to be induced between the 23rd and the 31st- whichever date I choose. And if he's not here by then, well he will be. Haha

The Wandering Poet
Captain Oblivious

Penpal

Old 07-17-2015, 12:45 AM

Sounds like a good tea to remember for anyone whos gonna have kids.
I guess having it early might help with trying to acquire a taste for it.

Veno
Miss Mad Hatta

Old 07-17-2015, 12:47 AM

Lol I guess so but I've drank it monthly since I was around 14-15 and it's always just so nasty. Lol I've even tried mixing it with other teas like camomile, lavender and others but yea nope still nasty.

The Wandering Poet
Captain Oblivious

Penpal

Old 07-17-2015, 05:37 AM

Ah... so I guess acquiring a taste is out of the question

Hmm... have you tried licorice?

Veno
Miss Mad Hatta

Old 07-17-2015, 06:18 AM

I have. Lol it does not blend well with the tea. It's not a big deal though. :) I drink two cups twice a day and so roughly 30-40 minute are spent chasing tea with soda. XD

Emma Corrin
Li Mei's Ninja Knight

Old 07-17-2015, 06:17 PM

Quote:
I've tried adding honey, sugar, molasses and all sorts of stuff to it. Nothing helps it. I just don't like the taste. Lol Plenty of women actually like it. Just me not so much. Blegh.

Oh yikes - that sucks major! :( I kinda want to try it just to see what it tastes like!! O.o

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dystopia View Post
I like some types of tea. I've only tried a few, but my favorites out of the ones I've tasted are chai and peppermint.
Ooo have you ever tried Rubio Red Tea? So good. I'm addicted but Keurig changed their options after I ordered a sample pack and I can't find it anywhere now. :(

Oh I love chai! Preferably vanilla chai though - so good with steamed milk! ♡

Quote:
I really enjoy camomile and this tea called zen.
Ahhh I couldn't do chamomile - I tried Twinning and it was so gross - I think because it smelled and tasted floral - was so not my cup of tea - literally lol!

Quote:
Lol well raspberry leaf tea is a herb for medicinal use.

This is actually verbatim what it's for. "Supports healthy menstruation, tones the uterus and may be used for menstrual cramps or to help shorten labor."

Lol and it's been used for that for hundreds of years...so yeah it's kinda gender specific but from what I looked up, it's not going to effect men in any way.
Yup. I definitely need to try this tea. I've been off the depo about 7 months and I've only spotted a couple of times since going of it but the cramps are seriously 24/7 and my uterus hates me. If it can help with that sign me up lol!

Dottie Mae Evans
*~It's all good~*

Old 07-17-2015, 09:09 PM

Wow, I just looked at when I joined Mene. It was November 10th, 2009. Wow... I've been here for years.

Nephila
The Serpent Bride

Penpal

Old 07-18-2015, 12:44 AM

I been here a long time too. I love it. *hugs*

Veno
Miss Mad Hatta

Old 07-18-2015, 01:27 AM

Emma; Haha you go right ahead and try it, it really does help with menstrual cramps and whatnot though. ^^ Least it has over the almost 10 years I've drank it.

Haha I actually really like floral teas. I use to hate hot teas all together but around the age of 17-18 I started drinking them a bit, but the past couple years I've kinda picked it up again. I mean I wouldn't consider myself a tea-aholic or whatever. And prior to being pregnant I really only used it for medicinal uses. :P But now I drink it more often than not.

I missed my Meneversary.
:p I've actually been here since 05.04.2008. Holy smokes I was still in high school. A junior, well the summer before my senior year almost.

Velvet
☆♥☆♥

Penpal

Old 07-18-2015, 07:43 PM

I missed your birthday! Sorry about that, but hope it was a good one!

The Wandering Poet
Captain Oblivious

Penpal

Old 07-18-2015, 10:41 PM

I joined in 2007 @_@ I'm an old fart on here

Veno
Miss Mad Hatta

Old 07-19-2015, 02:45 AM

haha poet you're not an old fart. :P And I tinkered around on a friends account back in '07 and then didn't have internet again until I joined in '08. :P So yeah. But I'm totally glad I joined the site.

Dystopia
Bitter-Bitter

Old 07-19-2015, 04:35 AM

Eh, I've been here since '07, too.