sunnybunny
⊙ω⊙

Old 07-04-2013, 06:45 AM

Name: Mai
Height: 5'3
Bio: Mai doesn't have a last name because she truly doesn't think she would need one. She is a quiet, blunt and very narrow minded person. Once she gets her mind on the objective, she forgets everything else until she achieves that objective. Which is why the Cirque du Solei has acquired her, and also because she is knowledgeable in sword fighting. She is also a bit of a sarcastic person.

~~

The Cirque du Solei, meaning the Circus of the Sun in French. No one know why its been called that but people suspect that it gives a more glorious and fun feel to the organization that deals with the teras, deformed abnormalities that have been misshapen due to the worldwide nuclear explosion that destroyed the ancient society. The teras are monsters that used to be anything living, including humans, but the thing that they crave most is living things that haven't been affected by the nuclear bomb. This is why the Cirque du Solei has been created, to protect humans from getting eaten, including livestock. It's the 36th century, and a new society of a copy of the 1900's era has just begun.

~~

Breathe in, breathe out Mai told herself as she hid from her officer that's a higher rank than her. She hid in an alley way filled with crates full of squawking chickens as they lose their feathers from the girl's sudden surprise. The girl tried to shush them down so the officer wouldn't be able to find her because once Mai is found, she would most likely be punished for what she has done. You see, what the girl had done was that she had accidentally eaten the officer's last pudding cup that the officer will ever have until next year. Mai had assumed that it was her pudding cup because she hasn't eaten hers yet and all of the soldiers for the organization receives a pudding cup for one month as part of appreciation for all their hard work. Well, this would be the most ridiculous thing that anyone would overreact for, but this pudding cup is the only sweet thing the soldiers will ever get to have and... Mai has eaten the last pudding cup the higher soldier will ever have.

Mai peered over the crates to see if the higher officer has disappeared, but he was still there. He called out, "MAI! GET YOUR ASS OVER HERE RIGHT NOW OR I WILL REPORT YOU." She gulped. The raven haired girl tried to resist the urge to call out and ask what the officer would report her for, for stealing his pudding? But, she stayed put and tried to stay hidden from the officer.

k-kawaii
╯╯(ಠ_益&...

Old 07-04-2013, 06:13 PM

Name: Gage Kadence
Height: 6'0
Biography: Ever since he was a kid, Gage loved to fight. If he wasn't eating or sleeping he was fighting. Because of this he didn't really have many friends but that didn't bother him too much. He's very egotistical, and is an instigator. Cirque du Solei wanted him because of his fighting skills, and for his intelligence. He's very smart even though he doesn't let on to others that he is. Intelligence is the only thing he doesn't take pride in.

His eyes were closed, but he wasn't sleeping. How could he sleep in a place like this anyway? With the people out side chattering and then the sound of boots against the wooden floors echoing around the empty room he was currently in, there was no way in hell he could sleep. His brows furrowed in anger as he wondered if there was anything else that could possibly be added to the racket that could hinder him from sleeping.

Suddenly he heard a male's voice calling out to someone about something. He didn't know and he really didn't care what the ordeal was about but it was keeping him from sleeping. Gage sat up angrily and stomped out of the room, slamming the back door open which lead out into the streets and there he found the man yelling. Instantly Gage recognized him, he was the same rank as he was but he couldn't recall his name at the moment. Gage was horrible at names.

Just what the hell was he bitching about? Sounded like he was looking for someone. "Hey moron, I'm trying to sleep here! So shut up!" Gage hissed at the man, knowing good and well that it'd probably end up in a fight but he didn't care. The guy was disturbing his sleep, and sleep was the second important thing to Gage besides food.

sunnybunny
⊙ω⊙

Old 07-04-2013, 07:11 PM

The soldier turned around with his black mustache curled up in a devious way that it matched with his wile personality, he's what many would call a spoiled piece of crap. The man crossed his arms over his black, leather military uniform and replied with a huff, "The name's Robert McKinley and that's Sergeant McKinley to you. Excuse me, but I am doing some very important military ," he said as he eyed the other man's appearance. Robert smirked a bit thinking to himself that this man is no way a soldier because for one he seems lazy and isn't wearing a uniform either.

Still hiding behind the crates was Mai who seemed to realize that the soldier's attention went to concentrate on another person's. She realized that this would be a good time to escape while she still can. Slowly getting up a bit, she turned towards the chickens and put a slim finger against her mouth as she crept away like the birds knew what she's doing. Luckily, they didn't seem to make a peep. Grinning, Mai walked slowly backwards, slower and slower she walked until... BOOM! She crashed into another crate full of rabbits and fell on her ankle.

The sergeant snapped his head towards noise and flared his nose to see it was Mai, the little soldier girl who stole his most prized possession. He pushed the other man away and started to stomp towards the fallen girl. Mai gulped and tried to get up, but realized that she couldn't. Her ankle's sprained. She could try to beat the officer up, but she didn't want to. It caused her too much to lose and it's too much work anyways. Looking around to see what she should do, she caught sight of the man ahead of her. She knew for sure that she has never seen this man and nor did he to her. So the best thing she could think of was, "Help! This man! This man is trying harm me! HELP!"

Sergeant McKinley's eyes grew big and his face turned red, "GET OVER HERE YOU LITTLE SHIT."

k-kawaii
╯╯(ಠ_益&...

Old 07-04-2013, 07:53 PM

Gage's eye twitched in iritance at the man's arrogance, even though it was hypocritical of him considering Gage was quite arrogant himself at times. But right now that didn't matter. It seemed the other Sergeant had not recognized him which wasn't surprising considering the guy had his head so far up his rear end to see any one else around him. He was about to retort but when he heard a loud noise he also turned to see what the commotion was about.

His eyes took in a dark haired girl that seemed to be a few years younger than himself, he'd never seen her around before. In fact he usually didn't see young girls like herself around. His attention was turned back to Robert when he had shoved Gage out of the way. He glared at the man, not liking the contact from him. Of course he was sure his glare went unnoticed when he seen that the officer was now occupied with the girl that he'd apparently been looking for.

He huffed and was about to leave and return to his room considering that the sergeant had found his target and their bickering was liable to end quickly, thus granting him the silence to sleep but it was when the girl yelled did he realize that their noisy bickering was far from ending.

Good grief. Gage groaned to himself as his body reacted to the girl's plea and began to move towards the sergeant. Any other time Gage would've found having to help the girl annoying and a waste of time but considering his peace and quite was at stake he didn't have too much a problem with it. When the man was a foot away from the girl Gage with ease kicked the man's feet out from under him making him collapse back onto the wooden crates.

As Gage grabbed the girl by her arm and helped her up he noticed that she too was a solider. Perhaps it was her clothes that gave her away. He wondered that if she was a solider why didn't she just help her self. He knew that all of the soldiers were trained in self defense so why wasn't she defending herself. Then it hit him. Robert must be her higher officer. "Get out of here before he gets up." Gage ordered as he looked over at his equal ranking officer who was now getting up from the crates.

sunnybunny
⊙ω⊙

Old 07-05-2013, 04:11 AM

She quickly covered her mouth to not try to laugh a bit at the fallen sergeant. Mai looked up at the blond man as he tried to help her up. Giving him a strange look she reluctantly obeyed once she realized that this man is actually trying to help her. Wondering to herself, she wondered why a random person would just willingly help her out like that. Nowadays, no one would help people on the streets because it's too much of a hassle and it's also a danger to themselves. What a lazy bunch we are, Mai thought as she tried to see if she would be able to stand. A sharp pain rang through her foot making the girl wince in pain. Mai gave a little wave and gave no thanks to the man since its pointless to do so. But then she gave it some thought while she quickly limped towards her living quarters, she turned towards the man and paused a bit before saying anything because she's not used to saying her thanks, "....Thanks! I guess!"

As Sgt. McKinley got up from the wreckage he snapped his head towards the blond and sputtered a bit with his upper lip quivering in anger and embarrassment from his fall. "Y-you!" He stood up as he vigorously shook his finger at the man. "How dare you interrupt me from my military work? That girl did something so inexcusable that I had to go and.. And!" The soldier paused to find the right words, "Find a punishment that is worthy of her crime!"

((Sorry for small response, I am on mobile and.. I won't be able to respond until tomorrow night orz))

k-kawaii
╯╯(ಠ_益&...

Old 07-05-2013, 11:43 PM

A wave was the only thing Gage gave the girl in response to her thanks. He would've told her "no problem" but he had another problem on his hands at the moment, plus he was still cranky from not getting any sleep. He turned to Sgt.Mckinley who was puttering something at him. Gage raised a brow at the man then snarled his lip. "Whatever." He replied as he scratched the back of his head, ruffling his hair as he did so. "Just buzz off somewhere so I can get some sleep." He then yawned and turned away from the male.

"You're making a racket." He grumbled as he walked back over to the building that he had resided in until he was disturbed by the racket the sergeant and the girl had been making. -Well more like the racket the sergeant had been making-. Thinking on the subject he wondered where that girl came from. Usually he'd recognize the face of a girl considering there weren't too many around. Or maybe it was because he'd just recently got promoted and was no longer in the lower rankings were he got to see new faces every once in a while. Whatever the case was it didn't matter he could go back to trying to catch some sleep before something came up.

As he went to enter into the small building where he'd exited out the back door two soldiers exited and began to question him. "What's going on Kandy?" One of them asked looking over his shoulder to see Sgt. McKinley behind him over at the crates. "Is that Sgt. McKinley? Please don't tell me you got into it with him?"

"I thought I told you not to call me that?" Gage snapped at his comrade who shrinked away from him and gave him a look of apology. He hated that nickname that he'd been given as a cadet. He figured it would disappear after he'd got ranked up but no, it stuck with him. "Move over, so I can get some sleep. You people are so noisy. " He continued to grumble like a cranky five year old as he maneuvered around the two soldiers.

((It's fine! I would've died if I had to reply on mobile. I hope my post is okay >.< I feel it's not terribly wonderful))

sunnybunny
⊙ω⊙

Old 07-06-2013, 04:10 AM

Every once in a while, she would always be asked why she doesn't choose to tell or put her last name in the citizenship records of Arkaios. This is one of those once in a whiles. As she limped into the one building that only had female soldiers residing in it, Mai was rescued by one of the few people that could actually tolerate her really bad personality. A woman with big, wavy, scarlet hair and deep emerald eyes came out of the building with her breasts practically trying to jiggle out of her pajamas. The woman went by the name of Lieutenant McKinley and is the younger, more modest sister of Sergeant McKinley but she is what many would call a wild hooker. She grabbed a hold of the limping girl and asked with a worried and surprised look, "What happened? Hooked up with a guy?" Mai looked up with a frown on her face and replied while her voice dripped in sarcasm, "Oh yes, that brother of yours was so good that I can barely walk."

Lt. McKinley replied with a sickened look and helped carry the poor girl inside. The ginger had always thought of the girl as a younger sister so if she ever gets something more than a scratch, McKinley would dote on the girl until she's sick and tired of it. Mai pointed that she had sprained her ankle and Lt. went ahead to wrap the foot with bandages as the girl explained to the woman what had happened to her. "Huh, so my brother was being an overreacting dick and you meant some random possibly good-looking guy that saved your butt from his wrath?" Mai nodded, "Pretty much, and?" Lieutenant sighed, "You could always just tell city hall what your last name is and you would automatically be promoted to being lieutenant or sergeant, why won't you tell anyone?"

Mai crossed her arms and realized that the Lieutenant had just finished treating her ankle. She mumbled, "Too much work and gives out too much information, now aren't you supposed to be on your way to a mission out of the city?" the Lieutenant sighed once more and quickly got up to get ready for her mission, leaving the girl by herself. Mai got up and decided to go check if Sgt. McKinley was still sitting on the crates, and much to her surprise he still is and the same blonde man was there with a couple of soldiers. Without much to say but wanting to know who this man was, she called out and pointed, "Hey. You over there."

((It's all good, hopefully my post wasn't so bad either lol))

k-kawaii
╯╯(ಠ_益&...

Old 07-06-2013, 04:45 AM

The sound of the girl's voice calling out made Gage look over in wonder who could possibly be making a racket now. His eyes instantly fell on the girl and then his brows furrowed as he turned over to her. Why had she came back? Gage looked over at Sgt. McKinley and then back over to the girl before he left his comrades' sides and went over to her.

He wasn't too happy that she was back mainly because he was worried his equal over at the crates was probably going to get noisy soon because of the girl's presence. But now that he saw her again he found himself becoming slightly interested in the girl. Just who was she? Was she a new recruit? And what in the hell did she do to piss off Sgt. McKinley? When he had reached her Gage stopped a foot away from her, it was a comfortable distance for him when it came to being around other females. "What do you want? I thought I told you to scram." He said before looking over her.

Now that he got a good look at her she was kind of cute. Well cuter than most girls he saw around every once in a while. It seemed she still had that girlish charm about her the other girls didn't. As he looked over her he noticed that her ankle was hurt. It seemed he had failed to notice that earlier since he was dealing with Mckinley at the time. Either way seeing as she seemed to be fine he didn't ask her about it. Instead his eyes fell on hers and bored into them as if he was trying to read her like an open book.

((It was great :) I love your writing style. It flows nicely.))

sunnybunny
⊙ω⊙

Old 07-06-2013, 05:34 AM

As the man approached her, Mai started to get a better look at him and much to her surprise, Lieutenant was right. This man was actually pretty good-looking but Mai wasn't into anyone right now, she's a soldier for the Cirque du Solei. A soldier that fights against the teras who are threatening the human civilization by being all carnivorous and.. well.. carnivorous. She silently hit herself for not thinking of a different word to end with her thoughts on the teras. Maybe she's slowly starting to remember that she actually needs to start doing her missions so she could have a better chance from promoting herself from being a private and to being a lieutenant. So she could beat Sgt. McKinley's ass for being a dick to her. Ah, I just realized I have a really bad potty mouth, Mai thought as the man adjusted himself to keep a decent distance from her which she isn't that surprised because she would do that too if she had to come and talk to herself. But, she'd also would suggest that the man would stand closer to her to see what she really is like. Like that's going to work, she thought once more now that she's remembering that one of the reasons why she's important is that not many people can read her poker face, mainly because she's irritating.

Mai quickly remembered about the sergeant and decided she had felt the need of ignoring the guy since he had looked like he had cooled down for once. The little soldier girl crossed her arms and scoffed at the man's rude way of asking and tried to not show her irritated self through the way she's going to talk, "Well, you seem to be like the type to get down to business," she raised a brow, "Who are you?" the more she looked at the man, the more she felt like one of these days that Lt. McKinley is going to try to get in bed with this man. Maybe she's going to hook him and the lieutenant together one day.

((Agh! Thanks! I like yours too! I'm actually using the way you type things as reference... and ohmigawd I'm creepy))

k-kawaii
╯╯(ಠ_益&...

Old 07-06-2013, 06:20 AM

Gage raised a brow at her bluntness. Or maybe she was asking him in such a straightforward manner because he had asked her what she wanted in the same manner. Which ever it was it was slightly refreshing...but irritating at the same time. He stared down at her for a moment before sliding his hands into his pockets. "I'm Sergeant Gage Kadence." He said in proud manner. He'd worked hard to be ranked to a Sergeant, so it was only natural for him to sound a bit prideful when it came time for him to give out his name.

Once he'd answered her he took the opportunity to ask the girl who she was. "And who are you, princess?" He asked her. Although it took him a minute to realize that he'd just called her princess. That was a bit of a bad habit of his. Ever since he was a pre-teen he'd gotten into the habit of calling girls 'princess'. Why? Because he knew it pissed most of them off, and also because it had became a habit of his to call girls that, especially when he didn't know their names.

((hahah! I do yours too. It's not creppeh. lol :) Sorry for shortness. lol ))

sunnybunny
⊙ω⊙

Old 07-07-2013, 04:31 AM

Raising a brow at the word 'princess', Mai decided that she should just leave this 'Sgt. Kadence' so she wouldn't have to deal with irritating sergeants. She just assumed that every sergeant out there is snobby because they had just gotten promoted to their first ranking that kicked them out of being a private. Also because the first sergeant she has ever met was Sgt. McKinley, the poor, douche of a man still passed out on the crates. Well, according to proper etiquette in social skills, Mai was supposed to give out her hand to greet the man back as she said her name. Instead though, she crossed her arms and decided to head towards the central hall where all types of soldiers would gather for all different types of missions dealing with teras. It sort of reminded her of a wizard guild. As she left, she called out behind her, "It's Mai." the girl suddenly stopped walking and quickly turned around to go kick the Sgt. McKinley in the stomach and flipped him off. Mai grabbed Gage's hand and quickly muttered, "He'll probably beat you up too,"

The raven haired girl hurriedly rushed to the central hall with the Sgt's hand in hers. Soon enough they were both in the hall and different types of soldiers were in and out of the building like bees in their hives. Mai went up to one of the offices to ask if there were any missions for her to do with the man's hand still in hers. The office lady raised a brow at the two and gave them a mission, "Here..." the lady smirked and winked at the man, "Oh, hello Sgt. Kadence.."

k-kawaii
╯╯(ಠ_益&...

Old 07-07-2013, 04:59 AM

At first Gage was slightly irritated that the girl was walking away from him, but then again he guessed he’d just made her angry by calling her princess so he was going to let her wonder off. He was about to leave the scene but when the girl had called back to him he raised a brow. No last name? That was odd. Maybe she didn’t want to give out her last name to others. Whatever the case he didn’t care, it wasn’t his problem. Gage was then surprised by the girl when she had turned to kick his comrade before running over to him and taking his hand.

H-hey, w-wait.” He stuttered confusedly as he allowed himself to be dragged along by the girl. As he left the scene he could’ve swore he saw his two friends’ eyes about to pop out of their skulls at the sight of him being dragged off by the small raven haired girl. Why Gage hadn't detached his hand from her small one he had no idea why but now he was starting to feel uncomfortable, although a part of him didn't mind considering she was a girl and a cute one at that. But still.

When the office lady winked at Gage he fought off the urge to cringe away before giving the woman a forced smile. “Ma’am.” He said respectfully before nodding his head to her. “If you’ll excuse us.” He said quickly before dragging Mai away from the office and out of the central hall where they could freely talk in an uncrowded place.

Gage then took his hand from the girl’s and ran his fingers through his hair. “What’s the big idea, holdin’ my hand like that as if we’re some kind of item? I could be some pervert for all you know.” He scolded her as he towered over her. “And who said I wanted to go on a mission with you little girl?” Gage added on that before placing his hand on her head. “If you end up being dead weight because of that ankle of yours…” He ranted. He could go on like this forever but it was exhausting him and he was already tired. As if one could not tell by his grumpy attitude.

sunnybunny
⊙ω⊙

Old 07-07-2013, 08:40 PM

"What?" Mai asked as she raised a brow, trying to hold in her laughter when she saw this flustered sergeant reacting her holding his hand the whole time. Apparently, he assumes everyone thinks that we're an item, she thought. She covered her mouth as she suppressed her laughter and replied to him, "Well, it's not my fault that you're assuming that everyone here thinks we're an item. You need to stop overreacting to the most simplest of things." Opening her folder that held her next mission, she found an overbearing shadow peering over her. It took a while to respond to him since she was busy reading over the mission. Apparently, they're going to a small port town of Uras located near a nest of teras, usually missions like these are where only the Sergeant rankings and up can go to with the exception of a private or two coming along with them. The girl smiled to herself and looked up to the man and replied to his question, "I said that you have to come with me to do a mission. The harder missions are good for me because I need money to pay for practically everything." Mai brushed the sergeant's hand off of her head and walked off, "I won't be dead weight. Trust me, this sprain is nothing. Now, come along, Pond." she laughed at herself for the small little reference in there as she walked off expecting that the sergeant would follow her to the tavern where Lt. McKinley would work part time as a bartender but mainly to get knocked up by the men later that night.

k-kawaii
╯╯(ಠ_益&...

Old 07-07-2013, 09:13 PM

Well excuse me for not wanting people to think I’m a pedophile.” Gage grumbled under his breath as he shoved his hands down into his pant pockets. If she was making him go on this mission with her he supposed he would have to go change at some point in time considering he was in civilian clothes at the moment. He was brought from his thoughts when the girl spoke again. Just who died and made her his commander? He didn’t know but just as long as she wasn’t dead weight, and he got paid well he didn’t mind for the time being.

Gage’s brows furrowed at what she called him. “What was that squirt?” He said in an irritated tone as he followed after her. This girl was irritating him, and he was letting her. What was up with that? He glared at her then looked up to see where she was taking him. The tavern? He wondered. Wasn’t she underage? Gage eyed the girl with confusion. Maybe she isn’t. “Hey just how old are you?” Gage questioned her as he walked along side of her, snatching up the folder in her hand to inspect the mission himself.

His eyes quickly scanned over it with ease. He was a quick reader and was able to soak up and retain information like a sponge would water. The mission seemed typical, although he wasn’t too happy to know they were dealing with a nest of teras but at least he’d get to fight more than he usually did. The thought of it excited him as he closed the folder silently before looking down at the girl beside him.

sunnybunny
⊙ω⊙

Old 07-08-2013, 06:15 AM

"H-hey!" Mai cried out as she saw the mission folder slip out of her hands. She frowned and slumped down in her seat while she watched the man scan over the papers for the mission. Sometimes, Mai wondered why she's trying to stick with this sergeant. Maybe it's because he actually decided to help her out with the pain in the ass Sgt. McKinley? Yeah, that's it, the girl thought as she felt the Sgt's eyes stare down at her. She yawned and said to the soldier, "Why are you staring down at me? It's not like I have a busty chest for you to stare at all night," she crossed her arms over her flat chest. The girl then stretched and noticed that the tavern's being pretty busy tonight since it is Friday and the waitresses are all beautiful women. Soon a waitress with a big chest and voluminous, gorgeous blonde hair. The woman wore a waitress dress with a very short miniskirt. Mai rolled her eyes a bit to make it look obvious to the waitress that she didn't like how the woman looked like.

The woman groaned a bit now that she realized who she's serving for tonight. She cracked a big, fake smile and said, "Hi, I'm Candy and I'll be your waitress for tonight. Would you two like anything to drink for now?" Mai huffed and held her tongue since she was about to say something so horrible to the waitress that the woman would most likely go home crying. The girl replied, "A root beer, please," Candy blinked in surprise and looked to see who else is with this despicable girl and was shocked to see it was Sgt. Kadence. The waitress immediately blushed and winked, "And what you like to drink, sir?" Candy started to twirl her blonde hair and adjust herself so the sergeant could see her cleavage a bit as she stood there waiting to take on his order. Mai rolled her eyes once more and scoffed, "Wow, and here I was going to tell you something really mean and now you're hitting on a guy so you could get laid? And Lt. McKinley said that not all girls acted as slutty, but I guess you proved her wrong." the waitress's mouth dropped open, "And HOW OLD ARE YOU SUPPOSED TO BE TO BE CALLING ME THAT?!" Mai held a steady, calm breath and replied, "Seventeen, and I know better than to go hit on a soldier. Plus aren't you a little too young to be working in a tavern? Aren't you, I don't know, fifteen?" Candy gasped and let out of a groan of anger as she slammed a glass of root beer on their table and immediately left the tavern. Mai sighed to herself and took a sip of her root beer as a new waitress came by to take their old waitress's place, I did it again...

k-kawaii
╯╯(ಠ_益&...

Old 07-09-2013, 12:43 AM

Laughter escaped Gage’s lips as the woman left the tavern. Man Mai sure did know how to run someone off. She had quite a mouth on her too but he liked that. It reminded him of himself when he was her age, although the men didn’t just walk off when he spoke to them like that. When the other waitress came back Gage ordered a coke and took a sip of it before looking over at Mai.

Wow, you sure know how to run someone off don’t you? “ He said with a laugh before switching the subject and referring back to what Mai had said earlier. “Oh and who are you to say that you know better than to hit on a soldier when not too long ago you were holding my hand without my permission, little girl.” Gage said in a taunting tone as if trying to start a quarrel with her. Although he didn’t think it was a good idea.

As he looked over at her his eyes once again took in her appearance, and he was then reminded of what she’d said to him earlier about her chest. Suddenly a cruel idea appeared into his mind and he leaned towards the girl while trying to keep a blank face. “Also for the record I like flat chests like yours. It’s kind of like an instant hard on.” He said in a low voice, he was trying to sound like some kind of creep but he didn’t know if he pulled it off too well. Well he’d know if he did soon enough. He just hoped he’d live through the consequences.

//Sorry it's short D: //

sunnybunny
⊙ω⊙

Old 07-10-2013, 05:59 AM

Sipping on her root beer, she replied, "It's not like I like to run people off, it's that I say what I think about other people when I feel like they need to hear about my opinions." as soon as the waitress came by, Mai ordered a double bacon cheeseburger with extra banana peppers instead of pickles. She eyed the waitress and emphasized that they HAVE to put banana peppers instead of pickles. She doesn't really care for pickles, so the girl told the waitress that if the she replaced the banana peppers with pickles, Mai would probably tear this tavern apart for making a simple and silly mistake for putting pickles instead of banana peppers. She had also reminded the waitress for what she had done to the slutty, fifteen year old waitress that had left because of an 'insensitive' comment. The waitress nodded quickly and rushed towards the kitchen in fear. Mai sighed and sipped on her drink again, realizing that she truly does run people off. Sticking her tongue out in annoyance, she replied to the man, "If you assumed that me holding your hand was 'hitting on you' then if I simply gave you a quick peck on your cheek, you'd probably think that I was sexually harassing you," she paused for a bit and realized that the sergeant was actually teasing her and she felt her cheeks beginning to heat up in embarrassment, "Y-you were teasing me... but anyways, just forget what I said about giving you a peck on the cheek."

Since when did Mai suddenly blush? Is she running a fever? And since WHEN has she talked this much? Either way, Mai never EVER acts like this, but she assumed it's because of the environment that caused her to react to something. She didn't even know what that something was. The girl just knew it was something that made her act this way. When he then made the comment about her chest, she suddenly started to choke a little on her drink. Her cheeks started to turn bright red and out of instinct, Mai grabbed her drink and poured in on the sergeant's head. She hopped over the man and quickly took her food off of the waitress's tray and gave her the tip. Mai stopped and told the waitress to apologize to Lt. McKinley for her for making a waitress quit because of her being so insensitive. Then the raven haired girl turned towards the sergeant and shouted, "You're paying for the meal... and I'll be seeing you at the train station at 9:00 AM!" the girl huffed and ran off to her dorm, completely flustered.

((It's ok! Sorry for the late reply lol...))

k-kawaii
╯╯(ಠ_益&...

Old 07-10-2013, 03:02 PM

It definitely was a bad idea for him to have said that. His eyes were still wide as he felt the drink run down his hair and onto his face and clothes. Man he was lucky he wasn't in uniform right now. He was snapped out of his trance when the girl hoped over him. If his mind wasn't functioning so slowly right then he would've grabbed her. "H-hey you little brat!" He called out after she'd ran out of the tavern to her dorm. As he yelled a waitress came over to him with some napkins and was about to help him wipe the drink off of himself but stopped when he glared at her. "Thanks, but I can clean myself off." He said taking the napkins from her before standing up, and taking the folder with their mission in it with him as he left the tavern.

When he went back to his dorm the men in the building eyed him curiously as he stormed off into his room. They knew better than to say anything to him while he was angry. Of course, even though Gage was angry he also felt that he shouldn't be considering it was his own fault. Whatever the case he could always just get her back but considering how she'd been so flustered before and after she left he figured that was enough pay back.

His anger faded and laughter slipped from his lips when he recalled the girls cheeks turning bright red at his words. For some reason he felt a little giddy at the way she'd reacted to his comment. Maybe he'd found a new liking on teasing girls. If so he guess he needed to be careful considering he knew that women were far worse than men when they were angry or out for vengeance. Silently after he'd took out his uniform and layed it on the bed with the folder he left his room with a change of civilian clothes and headed off to the showers.

Gage awoke that morning around eight thirty am feeling like he had just gotten hit by a train. He figured it was because he'd missed his daily nap yesterday and he knew he probably wouldn't be getting another nap any time soon unless he slept on the train but he highly doubted that girl would let him get a wink of sleep. Slowly he got out of bed and began to get ready to go on their assignment. It took him twenty minutes flat to brush his teeth, hair, get dressed, and get every thing he needed backed into a bag. Which was rather quick for him. Maybe it was because missions made him antsy. Gage then left the dorms and headed out to fo to the train station.

His eyes were nearly closed as he let out a yawn and arrived at the train station at nine am, just like Mai had told him. Slowly he began to scout out the crowd to see if he could find her.

((It's fine! :) ))

sunnybunny
⊙ω⊙

Old 07-11-2013, 04:39 AM

Chowing down on her burger, she started to remember what had happened when she had entered the dorms. All of the women were staring and wondering why this emotionless girl is running through the halls flustered and her face bright red. Mai sighed and began to lick her fingers as she plopped down on her bed. How did that sergeant's statement get to her? She's supposed to be the heartless girl that people shouldn't even want to mess with. But HOW did this sergeant mess with her? She then immediately sat up straight and took a couple deep breaths and breathed out so she would calm herself down. "Ok," she whispered to herself, "You just haven't talked to anyone that much and.. that's exactly why," she nodded and quickly accepted that reason on why she had reacted in this way. Mai slowly closed her eyes and later woke up at seven am.

By the time it was morning, she was already back to her normal self. Mai grabbed her uniform that contained a black skirt, militaristic buttoned up shirt and a cloak, just to hide the soldiers' identities. Every time she sees the skirt, she would sigh to herself and feel like she wants to punch whoever was in charge of designing the soldiers' uniforms in the face because the skirt was way too short for her tastes. She took a quick shower and had her medium length hair tied up in a high ponytail so the girl would probably look older than she actually was. Mai grabbed her sword and hid it beneath her cloak and off she went at eight thirty to the train station. It was already nine sharp by the time she got there and it took her a while for her to find the man. Longer than expected. Mai sighed once more to herself and stood on the trash can nearby so she could be tall enough to find the sergeant. Once she had found him she hopped over to his location, Mai bopped him on his head and handed him a bag of chocolates that she had bought the other day. She blushed, "Uh, here's.. for yesterday.."

((Yay :D And whoops for shortness ))

k-kawaii
╯╯(ಠ_益&...

Old 07-11-2013, 05:07 AM

The soft bop to his head instantly made him go into defense mode but when he seen it was Mai who had done it he relaxed. He stared down at the chocolates she was handing him and he raised a brow. It must be her way of apologizing. Although she really didn't have to get him chocolates, she could've just said sorry but chocolates were good too. Silently he took the chocolates from her then popped one into his mouth before handing them back to her. "Thanks, but you can keep the rest. I'll end up sick if I keep them." Yes he would in fact end up sick because he'd eat them all in less than five minutes.

"Lets go." He said with a yawn before walking towards the train many people were now boarding. Of course some people stared at them for a little longer than usual but that wasn't nothing out of the ordinary for him. But he did remember at one time how it annoyed him to no end when people stared at them just because they were dressed differently. Gage quickly found a seat and offered Mai to sit at the end of the line of seats, only so she wouldn't have to sit near someone weird.

As he looked her over he noticed something different about her. It was her hair, it was up today. "Your hair looks nice like that, makes you look more like a woman instead of a squirt." He commented as he stretched out his legs in front of him as much as he was allowed. As the train became more full he became more anxious and then before he knew it the doors were closing and the machine was moving.

(It's okay! :) Mines a little short here also >.< )

sunnybunny
⊙ω⊙

Old 07-12-2013, 04:56 AM

((THIS IS THE THIRD TIME WHEN I HAVE TO RESUBMIT THIS DANG POST. SDAFSADFSD I AM TIRED.))

"But..." she trailed off as the sergeant handed the chocolates back to her. She wanted to say that she doesn't like chocolates herself and got them from a little girl that belonged to a girls' club that sold mainly cookies, but she kept it to herself since that information wasn't necessary. Nodding at the sergeant's 'Let's go' as a reply, Mai hopped on the bus and felt many eyes on the duo. The girl sighed, clearly not that used to the attention and she was also very cranky at the moment. Many people usually said that they liked her at night than in the mornings because in the morning she's a very cranky, temperamental, old man that nobody likes or ever will like. She wanted to tell the people that were staring at them to 'Fuck off and mind your own damn business' but she knew that that would definitely not help her get promoted to becoming a lieutenant. When the sergeant allowed her to take the seats at the end so Mai wouldn't have to sit next to the other passengers, she was glad. The girl felt that if she did sit with the passengers, she would probably and most likely rip their heads off because she felt irritated.

Mai laughed and scoffed as the train began to move in response to the sergeant's remark about her hair, "Are you calling me old?" she asked. The girl wasn't sure why she tried to reject the compliment in this way, it was probably because of her trying to forget how irritated and cranky she was in the morning. But, she didn't forget how right the sergeant was about how she looked. She did tie her hair up so she would look like an adult soldier with authority than some scrawny, inexperienced one that would fall for the stupidest things even though she isn't a dumb, new soldier. If people mistook her as one, she would teach them a lesson and a hard one at that.

Soon a train attendant came by with a cart full of snacks and drinks for the train ride. Usually, Mai wouldn't even care about the tray or much less even take note of it. What took her eye was something so desirable, that many would want it for themselves. Well, according to her anyways. Mai turned around from the window and started to stare at the desirable item to the point she could feel herself drool. Falling into the temptation, she called out to the attendant saying, "E-excuse me! Can I have that vanilla pudding?" the attendant smiled, obviously thinking that the girl isn't some dog of the government, and handed Mai the pudding. Before anyone would say anything, Mai grabbed the pudding and started to gobble it up, much to the horror of the passengers.

As Mai gobbled the pudding cup, she could hear the passengers talk among themselves about how immature this so called 'esteemed' soldier is and that if all of the soldiers acted like her, then the world is doomed. Mai frowned and stood up, clearly fed up with the staring and the insults since she's obviously cranky and irritated this morning. She shouted at the passengers, "Will you all PLEASE be quiet and let me eat in peace? My partner and I have to discuss on our mission that would definitely save your lives than to listen to you all talk and stare at us for being dumb dogs of the government. So," she paused and flipped the people with her pudding covered finger, "there!" she sat back down and the people continued to talk about the duo but more quietly and this time, they didn't stare.

k-kawaii
╯╯(ಠ_益&...

Old 07-12-2013, 10:33 PM

(Three?! Oh my gosh D: )

Gage raised a brow at her scoff. How could she so easily turn a compliment into an insult? "No." He said with a scoff in response to hers as he looked away from her. Actually now that he thought about it she looked around his age now, he supposed as she got older she'd become a lot prettier too. A whole lot prettier than most girls that were around anyway. Now that everything had quietened down Gage decided he'd get a shot at a little nap until they got to their destination but sadly that didn't last too long.

His eyes had been closed no less than five minutes and he heard Mai talking to the train attendant, of course he kept his eyes closed but an amused smile came upon her lips when she said pudding. Yes, pudding was the delectable treat they rarely got to have and yet Gage still had no taste for it. When Mai had become quite his smile slipped away and he felt himself relax and begin to drift off to sleep. That was until Mai began shouting. His eyes flew open instantly and he looked over at the girl confused but then as he listened he only sighed. She was worse than he was when he was younger.

When she sat back down Gage was still looking over at her with raised brows. "Someone's cranky in the mornings." He said flatly before crossing his arms, trying to get comfortable in his seat. "And I hope this discussion of ours doesn't last to long because I would like some sleep before we get there." Gage said bluntly as he then leaned against her ever so slightly. Yes he was aware of it but he didn't care, she brought him on the mission so she was going to have to put up with the way he was. He always ended up leaning on people when he was about to go to sleep. One of his friends had asked him once if he was interested in men and he beat the living day lights out of them for even thinking he even swung that way.

sunnybunny
⊙ω⊙

Old 07-14-2013, 12:39 AM

(( T^T I knowwwww but anyways.... SORRY FOR LATE REPLY LIKE ALWAYS ))

Licking her fingers, Mai rolled her eyes and replied, "Well obviously, this is why I have no friends." after she licked her fingers she crushed the empty cup and threw it in a nearby trashcan on the train. When the sergeant asked her the question about their 'so-called' discussion, she blanked out. Mai had only said that they would discuss about the mission so she would seem more authoritative and professional so the passengers would stop talking rudely about her. The girl huffed and crossed her arms as well and replied, "Oh this discussion is going to be short, don't worry..." she cleared her voice and paused for a few moments then continued, "Well, that's the end of our discussion, we'll talk about it more when we get to Uras, they said that the teras usually attacked from the ports and kidnaps kids instead of adults. I can see why though, kids are more fresh and have more healthier things... plus no one cares about the kids from sea ports anyways, I wouldn't either." As the girl babbled on, she realized that the man was leaning on her a bit. Biting her lip, Mai thought to herself about how good-looking this man was. Why is he a soldier? Shouldn't he be using his good looks to go get a good job, a lovely family, and even more things that she can't ever have? Then Mai realized that she's just whining about her predicament. Sighing to herself, she burrowed her eyebrows and grumbled, "Get off of me.. if you don't you're letting me sleep on you when we get back and you're paying for everything."

After she had said that, she felt herself nodding back and forth then let out a little yawn. Mai realized that maybe she, herself, didn't get enough sleep last night. Slowly closing her eyes, she silently leaned against the sergeant also and started to snore a bit.

k-kawaii
╯╯(ಠ_益&...

Old 07-14-2013, 04:28 PM

No friends? The words were echoing through Gage's mind that was slowly falling asleep. My ass. He thought to himself as he cracked open his eyes so he could listen to what the girl had to say for their 'discussion'. When she didn't say anything for a few minutes he turned his head a little to look down at her in question but looked away after he got his explanation. So she was bluffing.

This mad a smile crack across his face as he closed his eyes once more. Although he was still listening to her. It was strange that the teras were taking the kids. Usually the teras he's fought were a bit...well mindless. Well not totally mindless but still they usually took what they could get. And who the hell wouldn't care about kids? He would. But that's probably because he would see a bit of himself in them. No one ever really cared about him as a kid.

Mai's words were what broke him from his thoughts. He grunted. "Whatever. I'd have to do that stuff anyway." He answered her in a flat tone before growing silent. Of course his mind had then been able to relax enough to where he'd fall into a light sleep. Although he was fine until he felt Mai shift and lean against him. He pursed his lips and nearly woke up but instead he relaxed and let her do as she pleased.

The train came to a sudden stop waking Gage from his nap. He looked up and seen that they were now at Uras. He yawned then looked down at Mai and shook her leg gently. "Get up squirt or I'm leaving you." He called to her as he stretched and stood from his seat like the rest of the passengers.

(it's fine!)

sunnybunny
⊙ω⊙

Old 07-16-2013, 05:16 AM

((I've been really busy for the past couple days so.. ohmigod I'm sorry))

She fell on the seats and looked up all around her groggily. Mumbling a little, Mai slowly got up and stretched a bit to see the passengers looking at her strangely, like they knew she was bluffing the whole time about her trying to discuss things. The girl huffed at them and started to get out of the train along with the sergeant. When she got out, she had already started to like the place. With the fresh, salty, sea breeze and the sounds of people shouting and laughing throughout the marketplace. It was certainly a good change of scenery and environment since in Arkaios is a big city where everyone is either a hooker or a very stuck-up person.

The people walking around the town looked at the two soldiers strangely since Mai was pretty sure they had never seen soldiers from Cirque du Solei. Mai took out the mission folder and went through the contents, apparently they had to go talk to the head of the fishing company to gain more details. By looking at the picture that they were provided with, the boss of the fishing company looks like a greedy and greasy old man that probably doesn't really care what is currently happening. But since there were eyewitness accounts from the bastard's employees, the guy would have to tell us what he knows so far, Mai thought as she put away the papers in the folder. Mai looked up to the sergeant and asked, "Want to get something to eat before we go talk?"

It wasn't really much of a question since her stomach was already growling and the question was more like an order. Mai grabbed the sergeant's hand so he wouldn't run off and walked around the marketplace to see if there were any good restaurants around. When there was no luck, she decided to go into a nearby pub which seems way better than the tavern in Arkaios. Mai sniffed the air and she could feel her mouth just watering at how good the smell of the burgers were coming from the kitchen. Standing outside of the pub, Mai pointed, "Let's go in there,"