(づ ̄ ³ ̄) ...

Penpal
Send a message via AIM to Melody Send a message via MSN to Melody

Old 12-12-2010, 08:27 PM

Table of Contents

Post 1: How it works/FAQ
Post 2: Categories/Prizes
Post 4: Entries

Last edited by Melody; 12-22-2010 at 01:23 PM..

Melody
(づ ̄ ³ ̄) ...

Penpal

Old 12-12-2010, 08:35 PM

How this works:

Come up with a cute idea for Christmas goodies, create it and post it!

Important Dates:

December 22 to January 2:
entries will be accepted.

January ??:
winners will be announced and prizes will be awarded.
These dates may change at my discretion.
You will be notified in thread if that happens
Rules:

**You must make the items yourself, you can ask Mummy for help, but I want most of the work to be by you!

** You must include your username somewhere IN the picture.
(any user names written on the picture via an art program or the like will not qualify)
**NO professional entries!
I only want to see your home-made goodies.
** You MAY enter in each category more than once, but you can only win once per category.

**Everyone is welcome to participate (staff included <3)

Most Importantly: Follow Menewsha TOS.

Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

none yet <3

Last edited by Melody; 12-22-2010 at 01:24 PM..

Melody
(づ ̄ ³ ̄) ...

Penpal

Old 12-12-2010, 08:42 PM

Categories!

sweets and treats- For all your dessert needs

delectable dishes- everything else. <3

Prizes!

Both categories have the same prize tower:
First place: 10,000 gold.
Second Place: 6000 gold
Third Place: 3000 gold

There may be a prize for participation as well. >.>

Last edited by Melody; 12-22-2010 at 01:30 PM..

Melody
(づ ̄ ³ ̄) ...

Penpal

Old 12-12-2010, 08:44 PM

Entries!

Please use this code when submitting entries:
Code:
[center][color=green][b][size=3]Mama! mama! Look What I did![/b][/size]
username:
description of item:
entry link/image: [/color][/center]
Sweets and Treats!

Quote:
Mama! mama! Look What I did!
username: Amice
description of item: Muddy Buddies. Chex cereal covered in cocolate/peanut butter mix and dusted with powdered sugar.
entry link/image:
image edited out for space saving

username:Ghost Love Score
description of item: cookies for Santa
entry link/image: 100_1225-1.jpg picture by Aya42 - Photobucket

username: Rainbows
description of item: Chocolate-dipped Toffee cookie, modeled after the sly little ninja from Menewsha Cookie Collective! The other members of the collective were taken down by this little guy... He looks innocent, but it was for the best that I ate him.
entry image: ninja cookie!

username: Rabid Rainbow
description of item: Holiday cupcakes! Use any cupcake flavor (these are red velvet) and top with white icing. For the Santa, sprinkle coconut on one half and red sprinkles around the edge of the other half then add two chocolate chips for eyes, a red candy for the nose, and a mini marshmallow for the pompom on the hat. For the snowman, we covered the top in white nonpareil sprinkles (although, since it's white icing, you don't really have to), then add chocolate chips for the eyes and mouth and a candy for the nose (preferably something orange; I was going to use an orange M&M but forgot to get some and had to improvise). For the ornament, cover the top with sugar sprinkles of any color, then cut a large marshmallow in half width-wise and stick a mini candy cane in it for the ornament hook. Then stick it on top of the cupcake and voila, it looks like the top of an ornament!
entry link/image:
I love the smell of cupcakes in the morning

username: JessiFlakes
description of item: A Calorie-packed layered dessert consisting of: Cake, Vanilla&Eggnog pudding, pineapple, bananas and cherries, and Cool Whip. Topped with colored sprinkles and extra cherries. C:
entry link/image: Full effect, Magnificent Top layer, and The Infamous Layers

username: Cadone
description of item: Festive holiday cookies done up as little presents out of four flavors of dough! Decorating done by my little cousins, my little sister, and me.
entry link/image:
cookies

username: Shadami
description of item: i made a Cake, cut off the edges into the shape of a christmas tree added "lights" and "tinsel" after frosting the tree green. Boxed cake, homemade frosting.
entry link/image: CAKE!

username: Jaz
description of item: The Gingerbread Twins ^_~*
entry link/image:Mmmm
username: SilverPhoenyx
description of item: a gingerbread house that my son and I made.
entry link/image: YouTube - SilverPhoenyx For GingerBread Houses 2010

username: white2fire
description of item: gingerbread cookies with icing, the angel on top I "carved" out of the leftover dough. Rest are cutouts. ^^
entry link/image: http://i797.photobucket.com/albums/y...mascookies.jpg

username: Suona
description of item: Gingerbread house that I made last Christmas. Made all the gingerbread myself, and my friends did the frosting. We each made our own house.
entry link/image: Click on thumbnail for full view Click on thumbnail for full view Click on thumbnail for full view Click on thumbnail for full view
username: Woodlandnymph
description of item: So, after seeing this pretty display in a historic house, I decided to tackle a creampuff tower a.k.a Crockenbouche for Christmas! I made a caramel sauce to stick the creampuffs together, then made sugar candy and did a spun sugar web around it (which involves a lot of shaking a spoon of 240 degree sugar fast! I suggests everyone tries it!) Also, I made a christmas cake with homemade frosting and hand shaped and colored marzipan annnnd snowflake gingerbread cookies! Tasty and pretty!!!
entry link/image: cut for space crokenbousch
username: Iltu
description of item: Orange/cranberry bundt cake. It's yellow cake with fresh orange juice added for flavor, some cranberries mixed in, baked in a bundt pan of course, and topped with a yummy orange glaze and sun dried cranberries!
entry link/image: Yay for cake!
username: Pa-Pancake! Yay!
description of item: I guess this is a sweets & treats entry [IMG]file:///C:/Users/Mellie/AppData/Local/Temp/msohtmlclip1/01/clip_image001.gif[/IMG]

Its a dark chocolate cake with a LOT of Guiness Stout in the dough! It tastes like heaven really! Bitter and sweet at the same time. The icing is Vanilla falvoured.
entry link/image:

[IMG]file:///C:/Users/Mellie/AppData/Local/Temp/msohtmlclip1/01/clip_image002.jpg[/IMG]
username:Gummybug
description of item: sweets and treats! Gingerbread men! with funky faces xD they are sparkley to *0* (P.s. sorry for bad photo quality, My DSi camera is a bit... Rubbish, to say the least)
entry link/image: gingerbread men!
Mama! Mama! Look What I Did!
username: Linnea
description of item: frosted sugar cookies! (there is a yumeh crown and paw print cookie, viktoria's heart halo cookie, and peeblo's eyes on two cookies too!)
entry link/image: Menewsha cookies! Mene and festive themed cookies!

username: .Simplicity.
description of item: It's a brownie that I made into a Christmas tree/various presents! c:
The Christmas lights were done in decorative food markers, seen in the right hand corner of the picture. The ornaments themselves are M&M's. The green coloring on the brownies is Vanilla icing with green food dye. My sad (lol xD) looking star is made of the brownie that was cut away to make the tree and bent/folded to fit the shape, same as the presents. ^^
entry link/image: brownie tree!

username: Marguerite Blakeney
description of item: Classic Creme Brulee
entry link/image: http://i51.tinypic.com/29fp7uq.jpg

username: First to Never Know
description of item: Chocolate-covered cherry "rats & cupcakes
entry link/image: "rats" | cupcakes | "rats" & cupcakes

username: BlackCart29
description of item: Sugar Cookies that I decorated for xmas!
entry link/image: cookie close upmmm more cookies

username: Spring`Tyme Fresh
description of item: Typical sugar cookies and gingerbread men. First time doing sugar cookies!
entry link/image: One with my username
And a nicer photo

username: Saravi Boo
description of item: Little pound cakes dressed up like presents. The cakes were store bought but I made the icing out of pistachio pudding mix and whipped topping. The rest of the decorations are made of white chocolate chips, colored sugar, and fruit roll-ups. My nieces decorated cakes too and we had a great time doing it. ^_^
entry link/image: My Four Cakes Overview,Cakes 1 and 2,Cakes 3 and 4,All the cakes together (including my nieces' cakes).

username: Eastriel
description of item: Mini star pastry cookies! I only managed to take a picture of the sweet ones! But I made 7 different flavours, some sweet some savoury, I know they don't look much but the flavours are creative. For the the sweet ones I did, one plain, one with blue berries and one with chocolate and cinnamon! And for the savoury ones I did Chilli, garlic and origano, cheese, and chinese five spice! I dusted the sweet ones with icing sugar to make it look like snow! I'm posting two pictures below, because when I took the first one I forgot to put my name in the picture, but by the time i;d remebered they were half eaten xD
entry link/image: cookies!
omg who ate the cookies? D:

username: Luna Riven
description of item: Carved and decorated cakes! I made these cakes for my family for Christmas. Each cake was hand carved and iced, a process that took a total of three days and many long hours spent carving, icing and decorating.
~The log cabin cake for my dad is a chocolate cake sliced into layers using dental floss (it works wonders) and then layered to look like a log cabin with icing in between each layer. The shingles, door, windows, and walking path are life cereal pieces, the snow mounds are white cake covered in icing, and the snow on the ground is more white icing, all covered in sifted powdered sugar to look like snow.
~The sunflower cake for my mom is a chocolate cake, carved into a round and then the petals carved out. The seeds are chocolate chips on top of black icing and the petals are piped orange icing.
~The igloo cake for my sister is a white cake carved in two sections, the igloo and the ice bank. The ice bank was covered in white icing then patted to make it look like snow drifts. The igloo was covered in blue icing and then smoothed out with a heated knife to look like ice and then carved to look like ice blocks. The silver balls are to look like tiny silver snowflakes. The penguins on the side are just buttons from my mom. XD

entry link/image:
All three together: all 3
username: blueblackrose
description of item: Christmas tree cake. Yellow cake with vanilla icing that has been colored with food coloring. The small section of tree trunk is chocolate icing.
entry link/image: http://i54.tinypic.com/mads3n.jpg
username: Pa-pancake
description of item: Vanilla/Rumraisin cupcakes with vanilla and dark chocolate frosting! They actually taste a tad too sweet but I think they look pretty.
entry link/image: cupcakes with pearls
username: blueblackrose
description of item: Yellow cake with chocolate icing and holiday sprinkles.
entry link/image: http://i56.tinypic.com/2jca3b4.jpg

username: Silverwingedshadows
description of item: Candy Cane Sugar Cookies, just crushed candy canes with sugar cookies that I made for Santa this yea.
entry link/image: cookies!

username: Seito
description of item: Red Velvet cupcakes with white royal icing, assuming into a tower like a tree. With a blue dragonfly plate (that you can't see)
Entry link/image: cuppycakes!
username: Whisper Invictus
description of item: Some yummy Snickerdoodles, made from scratch [IMG]file:///C:/Users/Mellie/AppData/Local/Temp/msohtmlclip1/01/clip_image001.gif[/IMG]Of course, I cant think of how many times I've made these xD Cheap Christmas gifts, at least, I just wish I could have found my cookie cutters for the contest ^__^
entry link/image: snickerdoodles before and after

Delectable Dishes!

Quote:
username: KatMagenta
description of item: It's a quiche, the filling is red and green pepper with a little bit of onion and cheese. Before putting it in the oven I grated a little extra cheddar cheese over the top and cut a little Christmas tree from the green pepper. I made my own pastry so I need to figure out something to do with the extra left. XD
entry link/image: Nom!

username: DariaMorgendorfer
description of item: Cooked lefse and lefse in the process of being cooked
entry link/image: leafse leafse being cooked

username: Spring`Tyme Fresh
description of item: My yummy Christmas dinner.
entry link/image: Mmm, parsnips.
Candle lit

username: Saravi Boo
description of item: It's a simple casserole recipe I make sometimes, but I decided to dress it up like a present for the holiday. ^_^ The casserole is really easy to make: 2 Boxes of chicken stuffing, a smallish bag of frozen vegetables (I used a mixed bag of Broccoli, Cauliflower, and Carrots), pre-cooked chicken breast strips or chunks, two cans of cream of broccoli soup, and two soup cans full of water. Mix it all up in a 9x13 inch baking dish and bake at 375 degrees (Fahrenheit) for about 40 minutes or until the vegetables are done to your desired tenderness. I decorated it by tossing a couple of handfuls of the dry stuffing in melted butter mixed with green food coloring and then sprinkling them on top. Then I used my potato peeler to make thin strips of carrot, which I used to make the ribbons. ^_^ I think it turned out really well.
entry link/image: Full View With Name,Top View,Bow Close-Up

username: For-Chan Cookie
description of item: For Christmas dinner, I made the mashed potatoes (yukon golds simmered in milk and cream loaded with butter and garlic [IMG]file:///C:/Users/Mellie/AppData/Local/Temp/msohtmlclip1/01/clip_image001.gif[/IMG]). But after a certain point, you get tired of leftover Christmas potatoes, so I gave them new life by turning them into potato soup with broccoli and cheese and it is delicious! [IMG]file:///C:/Users/Mellie/AppData/Local/Temp/msohtmlclip1/01/clip_image002.gif[/IMG]
entry link/image:Christmas Leftover Mashed Potato Soup with Broccoli and Cheese
username: Karayna
description of item: Maple - Glazed Boneless Holiday Ham.
I made this for my extended family get-together on Boxing Day. I also made mint fudge and jello fruit punch, but those I did not take pictures of.
The ham was cooked for ~3 hours with garlic cloves and fresh pineapple slices. It was basted in a sweet sauce made of maple syrup, honey, brown sugar, and butter which was aptly described by one guest as "A diabetics' nightmare".
This is the second time I have made this recipe and it has gone over brilliantly both times with those who consumed it. [IMG]file:///C:/Users/Mellie/AppData/Local/Temp/msohtmlclip1/01/clip_image002.gif[/IMG]
My second image does not have a username because it was just about to be eaten, but the pan holding the ham remains the same. C:
The third was just to show the sauce.
entry link/image: Image with username; straight out of oven
Much prettier sliced version
Pot of sauce with cloves

Last edited by Melody; 01-05-2011 at 01:58 PM..

Rabid Rainbow
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 12-22-2010, 09:09 PM

Oh my gosh YES I was hoping there would be a cooking contest this time!

And I just made some holiday cupcakes today!

Melody
(づ ̄ ³ ̄) ...

Penpal

Old 12-22-2010, 09:23 PM

I made holiday cupcakes too!
REINDEER! ^o^

.Simplicity.
(ᵔᴥᵔ)
Send a message via MSN to .Simplicity.

Old 12-22-2010, 09:28 PM

*plans on participating in this *
I've been really wanting to make things, cooking wise lately, so this is the perfect opportunity! 8D

Those cupcakes look delicious, Melody. :drool:
*steals the Rudolph one* :ninja:

Roxxxy
Sex Bomb

Old 12-22-2010, 09:31 PM

SOOOOO cute!!!!

Melody
(づ ̄ ³ ̄) ...

Penpal

Old 12-22-2010, 09:34 PM

Simplicity- but that was my only Rodolph cupcake! D: *sigh*
I look forward to seeing your entries. Sometimes you just need added motivation to get cooking.

I've been meaning to make cookies for the past few days, I just haven't yet. ^^;;

Rabid Rainbow
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 12-22-2010, 09:36 PM

Ooh, I should bug my mom to let me make Rudolph cookies again this year.

/loves Christmas goodies like you wouldn't even believe

linapoo
\(@O@)ʌ...

Old 12-22-2010, 09:36 PM

Alas, I cannot bake. Though I've been dying to try to. XDD
But those cupcake reindeer look so delicious and cute, Melody. * 3* Ahh I want one.

I can't wait to see the entries though. :9

Ikuto Akihiko Hasegawa
is full of flavor

Old 12-22-2010, 09:38 PM

Those reindeer cupcakes do look so delicious and adorable~

This will be fun if I can decide on what to cook and when since I'll be out of town for the majority of the event. It definitely has to be something sweet.

Roxxxy
Sex Bomb

Old 12-22-2010, 09:38 PM

Lina, you should try!!!
Baking is super fun, even when it doesn't turn out right. I would know.. :lol:

linapoo
\(@O@)ʌ...

Old 12-22-2010, 09:42 PM

I'm afraid I would burn down the whole house, no, the whole universe! O_O; Haha.
Yeah, I really have been urging to bake though! XDD Haha do you now?

Melody
(づ ̄ ³ ̄) ...

Penpal

Old 12-22-2010, 09:47 PM

My mother in law managed to make the smoke detector go off making eggs...some people shouldn't be allowed in the kitchen, if you're one of those people please have supervision while cooking! xD

.Simplicity.
(ᵔᴥᵔ)

Old 12-22-2010, 09:48 PM

@Melody - But...he's my favorite? ;___;
Mmm, cookies are good. :'3 I was going to do cupcakes for work this week, before Christmas, so I'm sure I'll decorate those for this~ Cookies I might too, as my grandpa will probably expect them for Christmas, LOL. xDD
Good thing my family likes sweets. <:

Melody
(づ ̄ ³ ̄) ...

Penpal

Old 12-22-2010, 09:52 PM

I make my husband take them to work with him. ^^;; I loooove sweets, as do my kids, but I don't want to gain 20 pounds because of it. xD

.Simplicity.
(ᵔᴥᵔ)

Old 12-22-2010, 09:53 PM

LOL. XD I don't either, but hey, sweets are tasty.. >w> The way I look at it is that I don't really eat sweets throughout the year so I might as well make up for it during this time of year~ XD
/shot

Melody
(づ ̄ ³ ̄) ...

Penpal

Old 12-22-2010, 09:56 PM

Works for me! xD

.Simplicity.
(ᵔᴥᵔ)

Old 12-22-2010, 09:57 PM

Exactly! c:
Christmas time is meant for yummy sweet things~ <3

linapoo
\(@O@)ʌ...

Old 12-22-2010, 10:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melody Xyelle View Post
My mother in law managed to make the smoke detector go off making eggs...some people shouldn't be allowed in the kitchen, if you're one of those people please have supervision while cooking! xD
XD Wow! haha I'm luckily not. I can make eggs fine. Though I do tend to forget when I'm heating up soup. >A> -burned so many soups in the past-

And yess...Christmas..the time for feeding. +A+

Jaz
Death warmed over

Old 12-22-2010, 10:08 PM

You know I'll join I missed this for the Halloween event Mellie!

Ohhh it ends on my birthday does that make me feel special ^^

Fauxreal
Fauxreal!

Old 12-22-2010, 10:16 PM

*ah* Melody - your cupcakes are LOOKING at me!!!

Roxxxy
Sex Bomb

Old 12-22-2010, 11:43 PM

Wake up! No sleepy threads.

Melody
(づ ̄ ³ ̄) ...

Penpal

Old 12-22-2010, 11:50 PM

hmmm? what? xD

I disappeared to make dinner for my monsters. I think I'll make cookies with them tomorrow for Santa, since it's obviously not happening tonight. :lol: