This is a story of eleven regulars of a small café
in Seoul that is known as 귀여워 사랑 (Kuiyeowo
Sarang), or Cute Love, and the crazy owner. They
have different lives, pasts, and stories, but they all
come every morning (and whenever they're having
problems) to 귀여워 사랑 to have a warm mug of the
house specialty, Sarang Mocha, a glass of Thai-pulled
tea, a slice of cherry clafouti, a colorful passionfruit
and mango Boba Tea, or maybe even to find love...

IC Board

Last edited by DancerDoll; 10-15-2009 at 10:56 PM..

DancerDoll
Nyuli
Send a message via MSN to DancerDoll

Old 10-03-2009, 06:49 PM

Open for profiles.

EternalRaine323
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 10-03-2009, 10:05 PM

hey there. So, how's the recruiting going?

DancerDoll
Nyuli

Old 10-03-2009, 10:24 PM

So far, you're the only person to pm me. ;-;

EternalRaine323
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 10-03-2009, 10:26 PM

That's a bit disappointing.

DancerDoll
Nyuli

Old 10-03-2009, 10:39 PM

I know. :gonk:

EternalRaine323
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 10-03-2009, 11:09 PM

Oh well. The best we can do is sit and wait.

DancerDoll
Nyuli

Old 10-03-2009, 11:52 PM

Well, I got a pm. The RP Sample was too short. I'm waiting for a sample that meets the literacy requirements before I make my decision.

I hate posts that start of referring to the character as "he/she." I prefer a healthy mix.

I had 3 years on a literary magazine staff and 2 years of AP english when I was in high school.

EternalRaine323
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 10-04-2009, 12:03 AM

Actually, I've only been RPing since March. I think I've come a long way in such a short time.

DancerDoll
Nyuli

Old 10-04-2009, 12:27 AM

That is amazing. I've been roleplaying since I was in the 8th grade. I am now a sophomore in college. It wasn't until 10th grade that I started to progress more. This is because I found that two of my besties were on Gaia. We ended up getting better to compete with each other. I went on hiatus from roleplaying when I started college last fall. I miss it. My art classes, surprisingly enough, leave little room for me to be creative the way I'd like to be. I tried to get my besties to join, too. One of them is to busy with her classes. The art program where she is is really difficult, but at least she is actually learning unlike me. One of them is sick, she might join when she gets better. I think I might be able to get one more to join, though she isn't quite as verbose as my other friends and I.

Also, I rejected the girl. I replied asking for a sample meeting the literacy requirement. She replied with two paragraphs that weren't long enough on their own. Also, they were FILLED with run-ons. Upon second glance, she just took two seperate posts from a roleplay and merged them.... >>;

Omg. I'm so dumb. I forgot one of the characters under girls. </fail>

EternalRaine323
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 10-04-2009, 12:32 AM

lol I hate it when people send you samples and don't expect you to read them. I feel absolutely ridiculous when I get rejected because it's usually over something stupid. Generally it's becasue I got so into writing up the bio that I forget to add whatever even though I read the rules.

I fail.

DancerDoll
Nyuli

Old 10-04-2009, 12:45 AM

The thing was I reiterated the rules for her. It was even quoted in her reply.

Also, you don't fail silly, you passed. I actually, usually don't pay as much attention to the biographies any further than checking for literacy. I don't spend much time on my biographies, so I don't judge a person's writting ability on such.

EternalRaine323
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 10-04-2009, 01:04 AM

Awesome. I am pretty precautions about who I allow in my RPs.

DancerDoll
Nyuli

Old 10-04-2009, 01:22 AM

That's why I pay pretty close attention to the roleplay samples.

Hm.. I'm paying close attention to the amount of views on the main thread. It's at 39 right now.

Moxie
Irritated Scientist
Send a message via ICQ to Moxie Send a message via AIM to Moxie Send a message via Yahoo to Moxie

Old 10-04-2009, 06:34 AM

Looks like I'm in. (Thanks DancerDoll.) I'm looking forward to this one. It was hard to choose which character to pick- in the end, I chose the oldest one. No real reason for choosing that though.

Are we going to wait for all 12 players?

Last edited by Moxie; 10-04-2009 at 06:35 AM.. Reason: typo

DancerDoll
Nyuli

Old 10-04-2009, 06:40 AM

Yeah. You can double up on people if we don't get enough in a week. {Though, I'd rather not wait that long. :gonk: } I, personally, think it would be too confusing with several characters apiece.

I really just want a substantial amount before we begin, including Hyunsu.

I've actually used this roleplay before, but it died over a year ago. {Never start a roleplay too close to school starting. >>;} The Hyunsu I had on Gaia was amazing. He was straight up crazy. I could quote one of his posts. It was amazing.

Jeanie
Cat Lady
Send a message via AIM to Jeanie Send a message via MSN to Jeanie Send a message via Yahoo to Jeanie

Old 10-04-2009, 01:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DancerDoll View Post
Also, I rejected the girl. I replied asking for a sample meeting the literacy requirement. She replied with two paragraphs that weren't long enough on their own. Also, they were FILLED with run-ons. Upon second glance, she just took two seperate posts from a roleplay and merged them.... >>;

Omg. I'm so dumb. I forgot one of the characters under girls. </fail>
Erm actually no I didn't, it was all one post and I've only been doing this crap for a few weeks and it isn't very nice to talk about people and assume you know something when you don't behind their back. :stare:

Moxie
Irritated Scientist
Send a message via ICQ to Moxie Send a message via AIM to Moxie Send a message via Yahoo to Moxie

Old 10-04-2009, 01:43 PM

I would prefer not to have to double up on characters. I also find that it gets quite confusing. I think you might find that more people will apply if you put the English name of the Cafe in the title first. I know I initially ignored the thread because of the Korean in the title- it implies that the thread might be bilingual. *shrug* it is just a thought. Though, I suppose it also weeds out a lot of people.

I decided to join the game based on the post in the RPG list thread. And since the game is just starting up, I figured it was good timing.

DancerDoll
Nyuli

Old 10-04-2009, 03:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeanie View Post
Erm actually no I didn't, it was all one post and I've only been doing this crap for a few weeks and it isn't very nice to talk about people and assume you know something when you don't behind their back. :stare:
Actually, I never mentioned a name. So before, no one knew I was speaking of you.

How long you have been roleplaying should make absolutely no difference on your ability to count. Also, considering your profile says you are 21, you should be well aware by now of the proper rules of grammar.

DancerDoll
Nyuli

Old 10-04-2009, 03:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moxie View Post
I would prefer not to have to double up on characters. I also find that it gets quite confusing. I think you might find that more people will apply if you put the English name of the Cafe in the title first. I know I initially ignored the thread because of the Korean in the title- it implies that the thread might be bilingual. *shrug* it is just a thought. Though, I suppose it also weeds out a lot of people.

I decided to join the game based on the post in the RPG list thread. And since the game is just starting up, I figured it was good timing.

Hmm.. I see your point. I'll go fix that now.

LunarPearl
Violently Violet

Old 10-04-2009, 04:19 PM

OMG, me joins? lol. Looks very interesting so I hope to be submitting something in a bit. I'm willing to double up since I want a girl and there seems to be a shortage of mens. I'm crossing my fingers I meet the standards here. :)

DancerDoll
Nyuli

Old 10-04-2009, 04:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LunarPearl View Post
OMG, me joins? lol. Looks very interesting so I hope to be submitting something in a bit. I'm willing to double up since I want a girl and there seems to be a shortage of mens. I'm crossing my fingers I meet the standards here. :)
Yay! ^___^

As long as you meet the literacy requirement and have an understanding of grammar, you'll be fine.

LunarPearl
Violently Violet

Old 10-04-2009, 04:41 PM

Yay for me! I've been looking for something to play on Menewsha. I just joined a few days ago. Okay, time to get to work on my submissions!

DancerDoll
Nyuli

Old 10-04-2009, 04:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LunarPearl View Post
Yay for me! I've been looking for something to play on Menewsha. I just joined a few days ago. Okay, time to get to work on my submissions!
Oh, which ones are you applying for?

Moxie
Irritated Scientist

Old 10-04-2009, 04:48 PM

Lunar - I also just joined a few days ago and have been looking for something to play on here. Most of the games don't really call out to me or have already been going for 300 pages and I don't want to read though that much to catch up. I was hoping to catch something as it started up that was high literacy.