ghostPastry
👻🧁

Old 12-29-2022, 12:37 AM

i got too confused by my own rules so i can't host this thread anymore @_@

SPOILERX

I thought it would be fun to get talking about our avis! I'm always curious about peoples' processes of making an avi, so I think this will be a fun way to learn more about each others' avis. :D

This game is played in a little bit of a weird way, so bear with me.

When you post, you ask a question to the avatar above you (AAY), and subscribe to the thread. That's all for the first step!

After you post, someone else will post asking you a question. Edit your ORIGINAL POST with your answer to the question asked below you. The best way to know someone has asked you a question is to subscribe to the thread, which happens automatically after you make a post.

Questions should be open-ended Wh- or How questions. No yes/no or single-word answer questions! Unless they're in addition to a wh- question that they're clarifying. They can either be about AAY's current outfit, or just about the creator's method in general.

Examples:

YES: Why did you choose that hairstyle for your avi?

YES: How did you decide on that color palette?

YES: How did you decide what theme your avi would be? Did you always intend for it to tell the story it's telling now?

YES: When you use multi-equips, do you try to use multiple items from the same multi-equip, or do you try not to? Why?

YES: How are your items folders organized?

NO: Do you like making avis?

NO: Is your avi's shirt red?

NO: Did you choose that shirt because it matches the shoes?

NO: Did you decide on your avi's theme ahead of time?

All right, let's go! Ask me anything.

My answer:
I go by which item I'm most excited to use, I don't usually have a plan in mind when I go to make an avi. I'm just like oooooh the saturn backgrounds are so pretty, I want to make something with the pastel one. Most of the items I choose to use just because I'm excited and I missed looking at it.

Last edited by ghostPastry; 03-04-2023 at 06:03 PM..

Cora

Pixel Pixie

Old 01-07-2023, 05:16 AM

What is the first thing you decide on when you start a new avatar?

My Answer - There really isn't any items I won't use. In fact sometimes I use items for the exact reason that I don't like them, just to give myself a challenge. On the other hand, there are definitely items I end up using a lot. Like the harness that I'm wearing. It ends up being that pop of color I need in the middle often.

Last edited by Cora; 01-26-2023 at 10:53 PM..

PWEEP
Shadow Panda

Old 01-26-2023, 10:45 PM

Ok, just to make sure I have this right:

I ask Cora a question. She'll edit her post in response with the answer, and whoever posts beneath me I will in turn, edit my post to reflect my answer? Apologies if I'm wrong on the way this works, and for assuming gender of the AAY/person if I'm also wrong with that, too.

There must be some items/themes you avoid or won't use at all: why not?

Edit to answer Cora:
For a CI, definitely The Dryad's Hollow. I use the backgrounds constantly, for nearly every avatar I make. As for common items, the gold galaxy sash I also use constantly. It just layers so neatly and ties in the top and bottom into a cohesive looking outfit.

Last edited by PWEEP; 01-27-2023 at 09:03 PM..

Cora

Pixel Pixie

Old 01-26-2023, 10:55 PM

That was how I understood it yup! And I am in fact a she, so its cool

Lets see - What is your all time favorite must have item?

Answer to Ghostie - I usually Pick 1 item and then start layering around that. For this Avatar I am wearing now, it was the wrap. Then I just start trying things and seeing if I like them and replacing them until I do.

Last edited by Cora; 02-18-2023 at 06:40 AM..

ghostPastry
👻🧁

Old 01-27-2023, 02:41 AM

How did you decide on your color palette for your background? Did you dress the avi first or start laying down background items?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWEEP View Post
Ok, just to make sure I have this right:

I ask Cora a question. She'll edit her post in response with the answer, and whoever posts beneath me I will in turn, edit my post to reflect my answer? Apologies if I'm wrong on the way this works, and for assuming gender of the AAY/person if I'm also wrong with that, too.
Yep, you've got it!

bloodstainedwings
"avagasm"

Old 02-16-2023, 01:14 PM

wait, so who do i answer?

cora: my all time must have item and most used item is probably the black waspie. its an oldie but a goodie and it layers so beautifully. you can never go wrong with a little black.

ghost: I started with the avi and the the background afterwards for this one. but thats not always the case. it really depends on how i get inspired. sometimes i get inspired by a colour pallet and work from there and sometimes its a specific item.

How do you guys get inspired to make avatars? do you start with an item or a colour pallet or something else?

ghostPastry
👻🧁

Old 02-16-2023, 05:08 PM

BSW, it's a little bit of a weird setup, you wait for someone else to respond and then you edit your post with the answer to their question. i had taken the idea from Toyhouse but now i'm thinking i should figure out another way to do it... i just liked it this way because you can see the avi you're asking about, but it's definitely a little confusing *chinscratch*

bloodstainedwings
"avagasm"

Old 02-17-2023, 02:07 PM

ya sorry, this is very confusing for me XD

Cora

Pixel Pixie

Old 02-18-2023, 06:41 AM

I understand it, I just tend to forget to come back and answer the next person

An Answer for Ziggles - The fox tail actually came first, and truthfully my avatar making style usually starts with a lot of "Lets throw things at it until something works" I am guessing you caught me in the middle of trial and error cause the fox tail didn't stay long......but it was orange. I'm trying to match the darn flowers in my hand without buying new commons

Last edited by Cora; 02-22-2023 at 03:55 AM..

zigbigadorlube
[-_-]~

Assistant Administrator

Old 02-22-2023, 01:16 AM

Cora: What made you think "I'm going to add a fox tail to this butterfly?"

Cora

Pixel Pixie

Old 02-22-2023, 04:09 AM

Hmmm What was your inspiration behind this avatar?

zigbigadorlube
[-_-]~

Assistant Administrator

Old 02-22-2023, 02:07 PM

@ Cora: Yeah, I think I caught you mid avatar. She's looking very nice now!

My inspiration behind this avatar was valentine's day and using the love sash which was very generously donated to me! Originally it was red and white and gold only but it needed something else so I pulled in the green.

~LONGCAT~
is Long

Send a message via AIM to ~LONGCAT~

Old 02-28-2023, 02:17 AM

Zig, do you build outfits around rares or use them when they fit?