ReiyukaE
(◎_◎;)

Old 02-18-2023, 08:46 PM

... I have never even heard of Trisphee. But it makes Sense, that you just stick to one main site. I absolutely have no room to judge since I literally forgot about Mene for multiple years. :P

I think I last 'saw' you when Ernya or Solia were still a thing. I've been good, in any case. :) Found a new job, got a Bachelor's degree, living on my own in a new city... Truly can't complain.

You???

Last edited by ReiyukaE; 02-18-2023 at 11:37 PM..

Kaderin Triste
Resident Tiger Expert

Old 02-18-2023, 10:42 PM

Yeah, probably since Ernya.

Sounds like you've been busy! How's living alone going? I'm sure it was probably a little intimidating at first.

I'm trying to remember the last you knew about me. I think I'm still living in the same apartment as the last time we talked. I definitely have switched and/or gained jobs since then. Have 2 adorable kitties (cats really, they're 9 and 10 this year), 1 "adventuring companion" dragon baby, a full-time job I love at the public library, and a one-day-a-week job I tolerate for the employee discount at Joann fabric. My brain is still unstable in the depression/anxiety issues, but now that I have a boss that actually recognizes my potential and values my input, things are for sure better.

ReiyukaE
(◎_◎;)

Old 02-18-2023, 11:43 PM

It was SUPER intimaditing! It came about a bit organically. I don't know if I mentioned, but my sister and her family were living with my mother and I - and my sister and her husband broke up right around the start of Covid... and just, a lot of shit hit the fan at the time. So it sort of propelled me to exit that situation (tho we were all exiting it anyway, because the place we were renting was an actual health hazard), and I used the opportunity to split up and move out on my own. I'm living in a small city about 30 minutes away from the rest of my family, who've all also moved into their own places (like my mom lives on her own and my sister&herfamily live about a mile apart from her). Which just did MASSIVELY GOOD THINGS for my mental health. (ngl, therapy also helped. and my cat.)

The public library job sounds amazing, and I'm so happy you found a place you're happy to work at! I can imagine that it helps quite a lot with the mental health, even when off days are still a thing. Do you have pictures of your kitties? What are their names? Your little dragon baby is adorable as all heck, too. Am I misremembering, btw, or did I get Harriet the Hippo (a blue Hippo plush) from you? I might be mixing up online friends... but if I did get her from you, I can assure you, she is happily positioned at the top spot of the cat climbing tree.

Kaderin Triste
Resident Tiger Expert

Old 02-19-2023, 12:11 AM

Ah, you have a cat! Pics? What's it's name?
Also, it's good that your mental health is doing much better! I can imagine all the drama in that household couldn't have been good. And, assuming you get along with your family, it's good that you all live relatively close.

Lol, the library job really should have been a no-brainer for me since I practically lived at the library as a kid, but I'm glad I finally figured it out. It has it's challenges, but I get along super well with most of my coworkers too which is awesome!
I do have pics of the kitties, Shade and Batty, and will dig them out once I'm off work (in like an hour or so). I don't honestly remember about Harriet. It's possible that I sent her, but I'm not 100% sure it was me either. But it's good that she has a nice perch either way!

ReiyukaE
(◎_◎;)

Old 02-19-2023, 12:41 AM

I'll upload a pic from my phone in the morning. <3 His name is Fons (short for Alphonse, named after Alphonse Elric from FMA). He's a senior kitty by now - born in my literal closet 16 years ago - and he's a source of joy for sure! A black little nightmare.
While I love my family, this reasonable distance does wonders for our general dynamic. 'tis a good change.

Haha, so working at the libary was a bit of an "aha" moment, then? Glad you found a spot to be yourself, in any case. And where you have coworkers who appreciate and value you. Wishing you a great rest of your shift, in any case!

Kaderin Triste
Resident Tiger Expert

Old 02-19-2023, 01:24 AM

Yeah, sometimes all you need is space.

Here's my kitties:
The grey one is Shade, short for Reginald Tybalt Demetrius Shade (because my sibling didn't think Shade was a very original name for a grey cat)aka: Mister Shadey-boo Snugglebottom. And the black cat is Batty, short for Batty Koda after the bat from Fern Gully (because it suited him more than his former name of Batman).

They are my babies and I love them so much!

Tbh, I'm very lucky to have gotten the job at all because my boss definitely had some hesitation (with good cause) in hiring me. I had initially applied several years ago for a janitorial position that had opened up because a friend who worked at the library was genuinely trying to help me get out of my bad job. Buuuutttt I ended up not showing up for the interview....and I didn't call to say I had changed my mind or anything...
Mainly because I had already been doing janitorial work and I knew I didn't want to do it anymore. But the not calling was a bad move and definitely had the potential to screw me over. Thankfully I was apparently very impressive in the interview and that was enough for her to give me a chance.

ReiyukaE
(◎_◎;)

Old 02-19-2023, 10:20 AM

Omg I get why you went with Batty from Ferngully instead of Batman. HIS LITTLE FACE He has such a gorgeous little gremlin vibe. I'm glad you have them with you and they bring you all the love!

Oh whoa, kudos to your boss for giving you a second chance! That's awesome and really says a LOT about their stance in life, that they ended up letting you interview and just went with it after that. Not to mention that it does mean you absolutely blew them away in the interview. Go you!

Kaderin Triste
Resident Tiger Expert

Old 02-21-2023, 04:57 PM

Lol...Batty is also very loud like his namesake. My little screaming gremlin chonk.
And Shade is a cuddle bug. Sometimes to almost annoying levels. But it's still very cute.

ReiyukaE
(◎_◎;)

Old 02-21-2023, 07:34 PM

Truly so-affectionate-it-starts-to-get-annoying cats are quite rare! It's a good thing it's still cute, tho. ;)

I love that Batty is all loud and weird. An amazingly chosen name.

Kaderin Triste
Resident Tiger Expert

Old 02-22-2023, 03:09 AM

Shade is being extra cute tonight! Laying on my library books and reaching out to touch me.

He definitely likes to always at least have 1 paw touching me.

ReiyukaE
(◎_◎;)

Old 02-22-2023, 08:56 AM

So. Precious.

Unlike my cat, who basically comes shoving is paw against my cheek the second he realizes I'm half awake. It's very much a "oh, you're up, food please" thing. And on the one hand pretty cute, UNLESS when I'm trying to snooze and he just keeps tap-tap-tapping against my cheek or forehead.

Kaderin Triste
Resident Tiger Expert

Old 02-23-2023, 06:34 PM

Awww little wake-up taps!
Probably sounds a lot cuter than it is.
Kinda glad my cats didn't learn to do that. Batty just screams until I get up and Shade has, unfortunately, discovered that knocking/pulling things off my nightstand will get me up eventually. I know it's a wake-up technique because he very seldom knocks anything else off a counter.

ReiyukaE
(◎_◎;)

Old 02-24-2023, 12:23 PM

They -are- quite cute, until he starts to tap on my eye. Then the cute evaporates.

To be fair... my cat is 16 years old... and he only started doing it in the last 6 months. God knows how, or why. But never say never! It might be an improvement compared to Shades' item smashing.

Kaderin Triste
Resident Tiger Expert

Old 02-24-2023, 02:48 PM

I mean....I have cats. I have (almost) no actual smashable items. He just knocks small things like pens, markers, my hair brush, etc down.
There's only been 1 actual instance of smashing and I'm about 90% sure it was my fault tbh. Because I left a cylindrical nail polish on the bed and he likes to play with things that roll, so it got knocked off the bed and smashed while I was at work. All other smashings in the apartment have been the work of me. Because I'm incredibly clumsy.

ReiyukaE
(◎_◎;)

Old 02-25-2023, 09:29 PM

Let's be honest: we break way more things than any of our pets ever have.

Kaderin Triste
Resident Tiger Expert

Old 02-27-2023, 03:45 PM

Too true!
Did discover that Batty chewed up part of the edge of some sheer material this weekend. I know it was him because I've caught him chewing on tulle before. Good thing I was relocating (some of) the material into some storage drawers after moving out my nail polish collection. All that's left out is cotton, which neither one cares about, so it should be fine and then all the patterns I bought but may never actually use.

ReiyukaE
(◎_◎;)

Old 03-02-2023, 11:30 AM

I hope he didn't swallow any of the fabric fibres, then! It's funny how sometimes they enjoy chewing on just... a specific thing.

My cat tends to nibble on plant leaves. So I've been very meticulous in making sure that any and all plants that enter my house are cat friendly. Can't keep him away from them even if I try.

I take it you have quite the pattern collection?