Penpal

Old 03-12-2023, 12:32 PM

My anxiety has started in recent times.

Kory
Spooky Action at a Distance

Old 03-13-2023, 08:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cora View Post
This is the thing I think, that makes me most upset. Mental health deserves to be covered by insurance more. Its very real for us, but because we can't afford the help most of the time we end up just suffering alone so we are never able to get better.
I agree. I think mental health is a huge problem in the USA right now... A lot of accidents could be prevented if people were given access to mental health services.

Quote:
I'm really proud of you, like really really proud! Congratulations, that's a really impressive feat
Thank you! School has been kicking my butt lately. Especially my art class, it's just so hard... But I'm doing my very best.

Quote:
Its because people see the worst of things and assume everyone else is the same. Media is to blame for this a lot. Because media puts the darkest most twisted individuals and puts them on display and people eat it up. They can't get enough of it. And so when that's all they see, they assume everyone is like that. When the reality is, most of us are only a danger to ourselves, and we really want someone, anyone, to understand us.
Completely agree. I'm diagnosed with schizophrenia, and it's so crazy how ridiculous the media is when covering people with the same disorder. :/ I was talking to someone on a MENTAL HEALTH forum one time and I casually mentioned how I am diagnosed with schizophrenia and their response was, "how are you not in a mental ward right now?" As if schizophrenia just automatically made me dangerous. I've been hospitalized several times, but I'm on medication and in treatment and that's what helps me function day to day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~LONGCAT~ View Post
It's Best Jeanist from My Hero Academia, he was a very minor background character who I attached to from the start, who recently became much more involved and the fandom is finally catching on to that that he is goat. He is my current character hyperfixation, I call him Jorts. I also created an OC for MHA who I ship him with, and that is my other character hyperfixation. They are why I improved as much as I in art in the void years. The shrine also has a few other characters included in it just because: Hawks and Present Mic from BNHA, Nanami from jujutsu kaisen, Genos from One punch (husband has Saitama in his dresser), Okuyasu an and Josuke from JoJo. And my favorite Pokemon line is present too. I also have another figure on pre-order as well as another stand and pin. Jorts isn't an obsession, I'm all good. ������

RL time. I got a sinus infection from allergy season, so as I told my boss my head feels like soup, yesterday it felt like a squished grape then I got clinic meds.
Oooo! That's so cool, Longcat! :D
I never got into MHA. I've had people recommend it to me, but I started watching it and it just didn't tickle my fancy. xD But I'm glad that it makes so many people happy! I'm a firm believer in letting people like what they like! xD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirin Rosenbaum View Post
*wanders into the thread* I have returned.
Hii Kirin!
I've had anxiety pretty much my whole life. But I've only started taking medication for it like... When I was around 16-17? Anxiety really, really sucks.

Cora

Pixel Pixie

Old 03-14-2023, 12:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kory View Post
I agree. I think mental health is a huge problem in the USA right now... A lot of accidents could be prevented if people were given access to mental health services.
Nope, we are more concerned with taking rights away then actually helping people right now *totally not ridiculously salty at how f-ed up her country is*

Quote:
Thank you! School has been kicking my butt lately. Especially my art class, it's just so hard... But I'm doing my very best.
Oh that is interesting to me for me Art was always my best subject. In a medicinal kinda way. Art and Music. You can do it though! It wont last forever and then you can move on to something that will interest/benefit you more

Quote:
Completely agree. I'm diagnosed with schizophrenia, and it's so crazy how ridiculous the media is when covering people with the same disorder. :/ I was talking to someone on a MENTAL HEALTH forum one time and I casually mentioned how I am diagnosed with schizophrenia and their response was, "how are you not in a mental ward right now?" As if schizophrenia just automatically made me dangerous. I've been hospitalized several times, but I'm on medication and in treatment and that's what helps me function day to day.
Dude.......I have zero words for this. Like if you are going to be so blatantly ignorant then get out of the mental health forum.

Kory

Old 03-14-2023, 10:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cora View Post
Nope, we are more concerned with taking rights away then actually helping people right now *totally not ridiculously salty at how f-ed up her country is*
Ugh! Completely agree with you! I was just complaining to my dad the other day how absolutely stupid it is that we need money to pay for basic necessities. Housing and food should NOT cost as much as it does, and honestly, I think everyone should be entitled to free food and free housing... Why do we even charge money for that stuff?! And don't even get me STARTED on the anti-trans legislation that's being presented.

Quote:
Oh that is interesting to me for me Art was always my best subject. In a medicinal kinda way. Art and Music. You can do it though! It wont last forever and then you can move on to something that will interest/benefit you more
Art is usually my best subject. I consider myself an artist, I draw and do digital art. But this is a design class, so it's more like... we're doing art that I'm not familiar with or *good* at. Like cutting paper with an xacto knife and gluing it to make a certain design. (I am really, REALLY NOT good at cutting straight lines... I suck at cutting paper in general) We also are drawing not actual objects, but more abstract things like lines, points and geometrical shapes... which is something I've never been good at. Unfortunately, since this is a college course too, we are graded on how straight our lines are and how perfect our squares are and I'm just... not very good at that stuff at all. Dx

Quote:
Dude.......I have zero words for this. Like if you are going to be so blatantly ignorant then get out of the mental health forum.
Completely agreed. This whole forum was very chaotic and had a lot of misinformation, I felt. It was run by a "psychologist" who mostly used the site to promote his own books. I talked to him a few times about people being judgmental towards me and others with schizophrenia and instead of dealing with the problem, he simply told me to "stop talking about it". :/ Naturally, I got mad and kicked up a fuss and ended up getting banned from the forum. It was worth it, though...

Kirin Rosenbaum
I am a Kiri-fish.

Penpal

Old 03-15-2023, 03:39 AM

Quote:

Oooo! That's so cool, Longcat! :D
I never got into MHA. I've had people recommend it to me, but I started watching it and it just didn't tickle my fancy. xD But I'm glad that it makes so many people happy! I'm a firm believer in letting people like what they like! xD

Hii Kirin!
I've had anxiety pretty much my whole life. But I've only started taking medication for it like... When I was around 16-17? Anxiety really, really sucks.
I've never been diagnosed but I know I have it.

Kory

Old 03-15-2023, 04:57 PM

Are you considering getting diagnosed? :O There are a lot of different medications out there that can really, really help with anxiety that you could possibly try!

~LONGCAT~
is Long

Send a message via AIM to ~LONGCAT~

Old 03-15-2023, 07:13 PM

Not all animes are for everyone and that's the fun! I don't really care for any of the main cast of my hero, but I love the premise and the world. And if course the background adults XD
Jorts is a blorbo comfort character that I could go on and on about if pressed. And don't get me started on my fanart.

Mental health is just one of those things where there are so many incorrect and harmful preconceived notions regarding it. I've been diagnosed with Add, anxiety, and depression and they just feed each other in a horrible loop if I let them.

Cora

Pixel Pixie

Old 03-16-2023, 12:16 AM

Speaking of anxiety problems. It is very likely I will be getting my review today at work, I'm good at my job by I always convince myself I'm going to do terrible.

Plus for like 4 months or so I was in one of my lows and I definitely was not a pleasant individual so I'm convinced my boss is going to tell me I have an attitude problem.

On the positive side though, It will come with a raise.

Maybe this weekend I'll take a few pictures of my otome shrine to show you guys, I mean I've spent like 6 years building it up I might as well show it off

On the topic of Anime, I started watching this anime called "Play it cool, guys" the episodes are super short. All about these 4 guys who are really clumbsy but still cool and adorable and it just has an over all feel good vibe to it

~LONGCAT~
is Long

Old 03-16-2023, 12:47 AM

Yes please! We should all show off our shrines!!

I have more Jorts coming hopefully soon for mine, I ordered an acrylic stand and a pin from an artist I like and I have an official figure shipping in June. And I am so very tempted to order more prints of my own fanart to add. Not much official merch and very limited fan merch, hopefully that will change with him back in the anime.
I finished an art this last weekend that I'm very happy with but uhh... It skates that pg-13 line real darn close.

That does sounds cute! I started to read JoJo bizarre adventure steel ball run, and I'm enjoying the character introductions and the introduction of some of the usual features of the series. I have a few others I'm reading that I should try to finish but eh, new focus!

Cora

Pixel Pixie

Old 03-16-2023, 01:12 AM

I've been reading Akatsuki no Yona for ages now, and keep getting distracted by other things (but not because it isn't good, I just tend to jump all over the place from one thing to the next. I'm a mess), so I totally understand that too well

~LONGCAT~
is Long

Old 03-16-2023, 01:17 AM

I have a long list of things friends want me to read so they can info dump on me without spoilers and I keep trying to tell them to do it anyways because my memory is shit and I'll probably forget the spoilers. Just honestly enjoy info dumps on subjects friends are into.

Cora

Pixel Pixie

Old 03-16-2023, 01:32 AM

Hahahahahaha - I have 500 SS of manga my best friend dumped in our chat box yesterday.......I live vicariously through her sometimes she has no filter when it comes to sending me ss and I love her

~LONGCAT~
is Long

Old 03-16-2023, 01:50 AM

I am definitely that friend who once I figure out your blorbo/fav any time I come across them. And I mean anytime. I will screenshot and share.
I have discord friends that I don't talk to on a regular basis but our conversations are basically just sharing images back and forth of faves. XD

Cora

Pixel Pixie

Old 03-16-2023, 12:51 PM

My best friend (the one who dumped 500 images on me yesterday ) has depression much like me so sometimes we don't feel like socializing much and our chat will end up looking really really similar to that yes. Just random dumps of images, but we both know that its cool when we be like that.

~LONGCAT~
is Long

Old 03-16-2023, 10:32 PM

It's a legit form of friendship and communication. I will die on this hill.

Cora

Pixel Pixie

Old 03-16-2023, 10:38 PM

I guess I'm gonna be dying with you then

~LONGCAT~
is Long

Old 03-16-2023, 10:58 PM

There's always room on the friendship hill.

I kinda want to do some writing tonight, but I'll probably just end up staring at wips, maybe rereading then, and ultimately just mindlessly scrolling on social media instead.

Cora

Pixel Pixie

Old 03-16-2023, 11:24 PM

Hmmmm I feel that pain, I have opened my old stories so many times its really not funny. Only to not write anything

But at least you will have tried?

~LONGCAT~
is Long

Old 03-16-2023, 11:50 PM

Very true. I have so many wips it's intimidating. I have a couple that I want to finish only so I can read them, if that makes sense

Cora

Pixel Pixie

Old 03-17-2023, 12:07 AM

It does, because I have had a fan fic story in my mind since around 2007. And another story that I've always wanted to turn into a book since long before that. I used to dream of it often, and always wanted to put it to paper. I tried several times to turn it into an RP setting just to write SOMETHING but it never panned out. Peeps tend to flake after one or two posts.

~LONGCAT~
is Long

Old 03-17-2023, 01:42 AM

I managed to open a file, read everything, realize my writing voice has changed and can only think how I would have to rewrite the whole thing before even thinking about continuing the story.

Kirin Rosenbaum
I am a Kiri-fish.

Penpal

Old 03-17-2023, 04:02 AM

Quote:
Are you considering getting diagnosed? :O There are a lot of different medications out there that can really, really help with anxiety that you could possibly try!
I am going to see if my doctor might be able to get me medicine with out a diagnosis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~LONGCAT~ View Post
Not all animes are for everyone and that's the fun! I don't really care for any of the main cast of my hero, but I love the premise and the world. And if course the background adults XD
Jorts is a blorbo comfort character that I could go on and on about if pressed. And don't get me started on my fanart.

Mental health is just one of those things where there are so many incorrect and harmful preconceived notions regarding it. I've been diagnosed with Add, anxiety, and depression and they just feed each other in a horrible loop if I let them.
I am diagnosed with A.D.D. or A.D.H.D. as it's called now with me being inattentive. My anxiety a few weeks ago at one of my jobs was so bad I felt like I was having a heart attack. A patron even thought I was.

zigbigadorlube
[-_-]~

Assistant Administrator

Old 03-23-2023, 04:53 PM

*wanders in*

Wow, I had completely forgotten about this place!

Cora

Pixel Pixie

Old 03-24-2023, 01:14 AM

Hey Ziggles

~LONGCAT~
is Long

Old 03-24-2023, 11:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirin Rosenbaum View Post
I am going to see if my doctor might be able to get me medicine with out a diagnosis.

I am diagnosed with A.D.D. or A.D.H.D. as it's called now with me being inattentive. My anxiety a few weeks ago at one of my jobs was so bad I felt like I was having a heart attack. A patron even thought I was.
My first diagnosis was "ADHD with fixation" and that was years and years ago. My more recent diagnosis is "ADD combination type". So both inattentive and hyperactive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zigbigadorlube View Post
*wanders in*

Wow, I had completely forgotten about this place!
Welcome back to the internet! Don't worry I had forgotten about it too lol