Cora

Pixel Pixie

Old 01-14-2023, 02:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kent View Post
My library has an amazing graphic novel/manga section!
Lucky! My local library has like 3 manga volumes and they aren't even in order.

bluerockman
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 01-14-2023, 02:59 AM

Let's have a kitteh help you find your manga.

Kirin Rosenbaum
I am a Kiri-fish.

Penpal

Old 01-14-2023, 04:37 AM

I used to have a large manga collection.

Cora

Pixel Pixie

Old 01-14-2023, 10:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirin Rosenbaum View Post
I used to have a large manga collection.
My own personal collection is decent enough

R a n d e h
your best pal
Penpal

Old 01-15-2023, 12:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zigbigadorlube View Post
Well I managed to MOSTLY catch up but I still have one big task to do. Trying to figure out if I want to try to work late tonight to finish it or work on it over the weekend. I have to do the comms planning for our big yearly event. So basically planning out all of our communications from now until the end of May. No big deal right???
And what did you decide to do?! lol

Kirin Rosenbaum
I am a Kiri-fish.

Penpal

Old 01-15-2023, 01:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cora View Post
My own personal collection is decent enough
I kept a few. The ones I have are in Japanese cause I think that's just cool. I donated mine to my library and they at the time said they were going to put them in circulation as there was a need for manga as the teens were eating manga up.

zigbigadorlube
[-_-]~

Assistant Administrator

Old 01-16-2023, 07:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by R a n d e h View Post
And what did you decide to do?! lol
Eh I ended up giving up for the night. I worked 4.5 hours yesterday and managed to mostly finish what I needed to. It sucked having to work on my day off though!

What's everyone up to this Monday?

R a n d e h
your best pal
Penpal

Old 01-16-2023, 09:01 PM

I hope you get paid for working on your day off at least! Or time off in lieu of, whatever works! But I'm glad you mostly got it all finished :)

Today I do not want to be working...not because of my job, just because I want to sit at home and curl up under covers and read. It's so cold today lol. BUT the niece went to a friends house right after school, which means I get to go home to a relatively quiet house

What about you?!

zigbigadorlube
[-_-]~

Assistant Administrator

Old 01-16-2023, 10:55 PM

Nah, no extra pay because I'm salaried but it is what it is. It's a relief to have it done anyway.

I'm lucky enough to have the day off myself. I'm playing Dungeons & Dragons with my work team though, haha!

bluerockman
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 01-16-2023, 11:02 PM

Quote:
Nah, no extra pay because I'm salaried but it is what it is. It's a relief to have it done anyway.

I'm lucky enough to have the day off myself. I'm playing Dungeons & Dragons with my work team though, haha!

"munnies is for catnips."

zigbigadorlube
[-_-]~

Assistant Administrator

Old 01-16-2023, 11:14 PM

LOL, yeah, I work hard so my cat can live the good life, lol.

R a n d e h
your best pal
Penpal

Old 01-17-2023, 12:23 AM

Quote:

lol I can’t judge, I do it all the time, but I wish we didn’t

Ohhhh a day off is lovely! Even if you’re still hanging with coworkers LOL

Cora

Pixel Pixie

Old 01-17-2023, 12:48 AM

Quote:
LOL, yeah, I work hard so my cat can live the good life, lol.
Not about the human lives pshaw.

zigbigadorlube
[-_-]~

Assistant Administrator

Old 01-17-2023, 01:35 AM

Quote:
lol I can’t judge, I do it all the time, but I wish we didn’t

Ohhhh a day off is lovely! Even if you’re still hanging with coworkers LOL
Yeah I mean I have to do it sometimes, especially around big event times but it's not too bad overall. I do need to work on getting into healthier work habits though taking lunch breaks and whatnot.
Quote:
Not about the human lives pshaw.

bluerockman
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 01-17-2023, 01:45 AM

What ebun is dis game?

zigbigadorlube
[-_-]~

Assistant Administrator

Old 01-17-2023, 02:04 AM

OMG I was sitting there waiting for that exact moment when the cat would smack the tower.

R a n d e h
your best pal
Penpal

Old 01-17-2023, 02:12 AM

Quote:
Yeah I mean I have to do it sometimes, especially around big event times but it's not too bad overall. I do need to work on getting into healthier work habits though taking lunch breaks and whatnot.
Ohhhh I’m bad for that. Lunch is hard because what are you going to do away from your desk for an hour?! I tell myself that the little breaks I take throughout the day to answer fb msgs, Mene msgs etc is my lunch.

But some lunch breaks I spend my time doing all our clubs reporting (I belong to a Lions Club, and no I’m not 85yrs old ) so at least I am productive! LOL

Okay I have a first world problem. So the only version of the Crooked Kingdom book available now at the library was a “large print” edition. I didn’t think anything of it. Have you ever read a large print edition?! It’s SO heavy! The book should be 561 pages, but it’s 973 pages because of the large print. It’s uncomfortable to hold. I feel so silly whining but my goodness I will avoid the large print in the future lol

Kirin Rosenbaum
I am a Kiri-fish.

Penpal

Old 01-17-2023, 05:56 AM

Love coming and seeing cute cat gifs/pics.

Cora

Pixel Pixie

Old 01-17-2023, 12:46 PM

Quote:
OMG I was sitting there waiting for that exact moment when the cat would smack the tower.
Me tooooooo

I was like, you just know that cat is waiting to smack that tower

zigbigadorlube
[-_-]~

Assistant Administrator

Old 01-17-2023, 04:31 PM

Quote:
Ohhhh I’m bad for that. Lunch is hard because what are you going to do away from your desk for an hour?! I tell myself that the little breaks I take throughout the day to answer fb msgs, Mene msgs etc is my lunch.

But some lunch breaks I spend my time doing all our clubs reporting (I belong to a Lions Club, and no I’m not 85yrs old ) so at least I am productive! LOL

Okay I have a first world problem. So the only version of the Crooked Kingdom book available now at the library was a “large print” edition. I didn’t think anything of it. Have you ever read a large print edition?! It’s SO heavy! The book should be 561 pages, but it’s 973 pages because of the large print. It’s uncomfortable to hold. I feel so silly whining but my goodness I will avoid the large print in the future lol
See that's how I credit my lunch break as well. I think to myself, oh I stepped away a few times already, I guess that should count as my lunch break... But really I probably should be disconnecting and actually getting away from my computer for those 30 minutes to rest my brain. I'm going to try to start walking on my lunch break, even if it's just doing laps around the halls. Then I can come back and eat lunch at my desk like I usually do.

Oh, the Lion's Club! That's really interesting! Can you remind me what they do? It's been ages since I've seen one of those around...

I've actually never read a large print book. I wonder if I would like it because you can turn the pages faster and it's easier on the eyes or if I'd hate it because it's so much bigger/seems so much longer...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirin Rosenbaum View Post
Love coming and seeing cute cat gifs/pics.
Same! Blue always finds the best ones.
Quote:
Me tooooooo

I was like, you just know that cat is waiting to smack that tower
Oh yeah, you just KNOW it's going to happen, ahah! I'm a little disappointed that more blocks didn't fall when it finally did.

R a n d e h
your best pal
Penpal

Old 01-17-2023, 05:05 PM

Quote:
See that's how I credit my lunch break as well. I think to myself, oh I stepped away a few times already, I guess that should count as my lunch break... But really I probably should be disconnecting and actually getting away from my computer for those 30 minutes to rest my brain. I'm going to try to start walking on my lunch break, even if it's just doing laps around the halls. Then I can come back and eat lunch at my desk like I usually do.

Oh, the Lion's Club! That's really interesting! Can you remind me what they do? It's been ages since I've seen one of those around...

I've actually never read a large print book. I wonder if I would like it because you can turn the pages faster and it's easier on the eyes or if I'd hate it because it's so much bigger/seems so much longer...
I think you're right, we should all be taking that break to relax, recharge our brains and focus on ourselves for a little bit...it's so hard though . Lunch is in 2 minutes, so I was quickly checking on Mene, but perhaps I shall do some reading!

Lions Clubs are all over and they do charity work, volunteer their time and donate money to all the causes. Our motto is "we serve" because we do! The organization has their global causes: Diabetes, Vision, Hunger, Environment and Childhood Cancer so we all do a lot of work towards that, but we don't shy away from other important causes! Clubs are usually focused on these items in their own community, and if you have enough clubs in enough different communities, then you're all helping the world together. It's a massive organization and it just feels really good to be a part of something that is focused on doing good.

Our club specifically is in a rebuilding stage...the older members were getting tired and not doing much of anything. The club dwindled down to 9 members. BUT, a bunch of us "youngin's" have since joined (I joined last year) and we've been remarketing the club and working on recruitment. We're also planning a huge community parade to help get our name out there into our community. We've done a lot of work for our local food bank too this winter. I'm the marketing coordinator, but I also recently took on the secretary position which I thought was just taking minutes at our meetings...boy was I in for a rude awakening LOL The secretary is the busiest job as you have to do all the clubs reporting on all volunteer hours, all activities past, present and future, all monies in and out, all donations fundraising etc. Thankfully I'm super organized but now I know why they were so excited when I casually said I could help out. DARN! LOL

So when it comes to large print this is my first, and it's exactly as you described. I thought it would feel like I was reading more quicker, and while it's KIND of true, it's more accurate to say that each chapter is daunting because there are SO many more pages, so it feels a heck of a lot longer lol. The book is so heavy! BUT the pages are ultra thin and feel lovely between your fingers, so that's a plus lol

bluerockman
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 01-18-2023, 12:24 AM

My belly is on a timer. Too late.

Kirin Rosenbaum
I am a Kiri-fish.

Penpal

Old 01-18-2023, 02:17 AM

I go all cat like before getting out of bed most mornings.

Cora

Pixel Pixie

Old 01-18-2023, 08:19 AM

Quote:

Oh yeah, you just KNOW it's going to happen, ahah! I'm a little disappointed that more blocks didn't fall when it finally did.
I know! I thought the same thing, but I was so invested by that point in when it was gonna happen I wasn't gonna say it

bluerockman
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 01-18-2023, 10:28 AM

Hooman's been playing that game for 2 days now.