R u b y
Grand Duchess of Gifs & Memes™

Old 02-19-2023, 04:35 PM

I do! Here it is :D

Proof it's mine, not that anyone was questioning me xD

Technically the dirt was supposed to be filled in too, but i kinda liked how it has this muddy look

Thank you thank you I'm glad everyone likes it :3

Aww thanks! I love the library item, I thought it was time to use it again, and then found that the cat fits perfectly on the shelf!

ReiyukaE
(◎_◎;)

Old 02-19-2023, 04:40 PM

o: I assumed the cat was part of the item! that's amazing, nicely done.

The pumpkins and dirt look great, yeah! I understand why you chose to leave it as is. Such lovely colour use on the graves, too. Super cool.

R u b y

Old 02-19-2023, 04:45 PM

Thanks! :D The cat is from Cozy Afternoon and the books/bookshelf are from The Book Keeper :3

Oh thanks! I was super upset at the time because I couldn't get it exact. I think since I've made that they came out with another gray shade that helps but trying to find gray embroidery floss that isn't blue or green tinted is very difficult [sob] I was matching this item, idk if you recognized it haha

and then I added these pumpkins

Antagonist
The Great Adversary

Penpal

Old 02-20-2023, 01:55 AM

The cross stitch looks amazing! That must have taken a while to do :O

R u b y

Old 02-20-2023, 03:27 AM

So so many hours. And 3 meltdowns lol it was my first cross stitch project and I didn’t know how long it would take lol I lost sleep and barely ate so I could get it done in time xD

Antagonist
The Great Adversary

Penpal

Old 02-20-2023, 04:58 AM

That is seriously amazing considering it's your first project! I don't envy the frantic scramble to make it in time.

R u b y

Old 02-20-2023, 05:02 AM

Yeah I said never again in such a short time xD I didn’t think yumeh would take as long as he did but at least I had time to function xD

The project size wasn’t bad just that WITH the short time constraint was bad lol

Antagonist
The Great Adversary

Penpal

Old 02-20-2023, 05:10 AM

Yeah I'm terrible with deadlines. I either go insane and forego rest/sleep to finish it in time and then crash after finishing the project, or my brain just flat out goes 'Nope' and I don't even get half of it done.

ghostPastry
👻🧁

Old 02-20-2023, 05:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by R u b y View Post
I do! Here it is :D

Proof it's mine, not that anyone was questioning me xD

Technically the dirt was supposed to be filled in too, but i kinda liked how it has this muddy look

Thank you thank you I'm glad everyone likes it :3

Aww thanks! I love the library item, I thought it was time to use it again, and then found that the cat fits perfectly on the shelf!
oh man i remember this!!! so good! now i'm gonna have to find a way to convince you to cross-stitch all 5,997 of the other mene items

Antagonist
The Great Adversary

Penpal

Old 02-20-2023, 07:10 AM

Would be pretty amazing if someone put together a collab of avatars along with full background (like the kind in Cora's signature) and Ruby did a cross stitch of that...would be an absolute monster of a job to do though.

R u b y

Old 02-20-2023, 07:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostPastry View Post
oh man i remember this!!! so good! now i'm gonna have to find a way to convince you to cross-stitch all 5,997 of the other mene items
It seems you're under the impression I haven't already been planning my next project

For real tho if there's stuff you wanna see please let me know

ReiyukaE
(◎_◎;)

Old 02-20-2023, 08:34 AM

Quote:
Thanks! :D The cat is from Cozy Afternoon and the books/bookshelf are from The Book Keeper :3

Oh thanks! I was super upset at the time because I couldn't get it exact. I think since I've made that they came out with another gray shade that helps but trying to find gray embroidery floss that isn't blue or green tinted is very difficult [sob] I was matching this item, idk if you recognized it haha

and then I added these pumpkins
Absolutely recognized the items! And I concur with everyone - that is AMAZING and I cannot believe it was your first project. You really went "meh, starting easy is an option but instead I'd rather just yeet myself into the deep end".

R u b y

Old 02-20-2023, 10:10 AM

Lol yeah I’m an overachiever like that I’d been making perlers since I was 6 so it was the same principle loving your new avi!

ReiyukaE
(◎_◎;)

Old 02-20-2023, 10:32 AM

Thank you! This is my go-to basic avatar, haha.

Aaah, yeaaah, gotta love that perler art! I feel like that really helped with figuring out how to make pixel art and such, too. Same principles, different medium.

R a n d e h
your best pal
Penpal

Old 02-20-2023, 04:14 PM

Quote:
no real reason, as far as we can tell, Southwest just decided to reschedule at the last second and we wouldn't have left until Monday, which just was not acceptable
What a bunch of jerks! I would have been so upset. I'm glad you were able to work around it though!

Quote:
it was such a cool circus, you should look at trailers! it was called Drawn to Life. Disney Springs was great, we're definitely going back if we visit Orlando again. proooobably not doing the whole theme park thing for a while, but we were talking about going back just to enjoy the warm weather.

i don't even know what Orange Bird is from, but i just love his design so much. i think he's like the mascot of Disney Springs or something because Florida? not sure
I definitely need to check it out! We're thinking of hitting up a Cirque show this summer in Toronto! I love the amount of talent that goes into these productions!

Quote:
yess! sometimes the relaxing is just as good as all the rushing about having fun, especially the older i get i had so many good little treats, i didn't go overboard which i was proud of myself for (we didn't really have time so i can't take all the credit, but still), but i felt like i got to eat a lot of interesting things.
LOL Trust me, I 100% understand what an accomplishment that is!! You should be proud!

Quote:
i hope you get to go soon!! it's worth it just for the Harry Potter world, i would definitely prioritize Islands of Adventure over the main Universal Studios.
That's good to know. I'm a huge Harry Potter fan so I definitely would have prioritized Universal Studios over Islands of Adventure! BUT We specifically didn't go because I didn't want to try to do both parks in a day. So when we do decide to make a trip there, I want 2 days per park to fully take advantage of everything.

Quote:
oh man you're gonna be in heaven at Islands of Adventure just like me. there were so many funny easter eggs in the queue for the Simpsons ride, and the inside of Moe's Tavern is actually accurate, they even have the Love Tester in the corner! and the Dr. Seuss world is so creative, it was cool that they didn't stick to the most popular characters, i feel like they had a ton of more obscure characters, some i don't feel like i'd ever even seen, and i grew up loving Seuss.
This is all so cool to read about! I am sad to say I didn't google much of Islands of Adventure at all LOL So I actually didn't even know/consider any of this!!

Quote:
we missed Ride of Passage, we spent too long at Epcot and Hollywood Studios, so by the time we got to Flight of Passage after waiting for River Journey, they had cut off people coming in for the night. we also had to miss Ride of the Resistance, we got all the way through the queue and then right before entering the ride, it had technical difficulties and we all had to leave the queue, and we didn't have time to come back later. it was a shame, but i'm just focusing on all the rides we were able to go on.
That is rotten luck! When are you planning to go back just for these two rides? HAHA! At least you had a blast though!!

Quote:
yeah, it just really strikes a chord for me with my dad's side of the family, i always celebrate Día de Muertos every year, so it's just always so nice to see it represented, and the animation and music are just beautiful and so touching. i also really appreciate that the writer/co-director is Mexican, it's nice to see the crew and cast include people actually from the culture.
Alright, that's a fair and logical reason and I accept it ;)! Haha! I didn't even know that though, so that definitely is very cool! Speaking of Mexican, I actually hit up a Mexican restaurant on our way home from the tournament yesterday. It's called 3 Mariachi's and it was SO good! I always try to find fun little ethnic places to eat when we're in the big city (since where we live is very limited). We had elote for an app and that was frikken amazing, and then we had Mexican nacho's and they were phenomenal...going to reheat them in the oven today for lunch. The girls had deep fried ice cream for dessert and I had a churro. It was soo tasty. I found the place in TikTok LOL

Quote:
you have good taste, Moana is absolutely stunning. i got a picture of the gold statues of the pig and the rooster! so cute.
Legit such a good movie. I'm going to put it on right now as background noise so that I can have a Moana concert at every song

Quote:
oh very true, i could never be grumpy to your smoll niece, and i can be a big grump sometimes the image of her bopping around asking for pins is too precious, i'm so glad she had fun!

thank you!! i'm really proud of my collection, and it's just such a fun thing to collect! like little works of art. the Sorcerer mickey is my favorite, i think. i'm so glad i found him, i could have so easily missed him. they also have a tinkerbell and an alice in wonderland holding glitter vials :D but the sorcerer mickey is the one i wanted more than any other pin.

i'll get the pictures up asap!! after the event though, i always get so busy during event times. especially since they're always during a real holiday too
I think I'd want all the vial pins, but if I had to chose I too would have went with Sorcerer Mickey! It just has a classic vibe to it!

Haha I hear you there. I am so upset the event fell during my busiest week this month (not upset at Mene, just at the timing of my life HAHA!). I was so jazzed to take full advantage of everything and see if I could snag an old school v-day EI but I totally ran out of time! That being said, family comes first and my niece had an amazing time with her team so that's all that's important!!

R u b y

Old 02-20-2023, 05:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReiyukaE View Post
Thank you! This is my go-to basic avatar, haha.

Aaah, yeaaah, gotta love that perler art! I feel like that really helped with figuring out how to make pixel art and such, too. Same principles, different medium.
Yeah its definitely much easier when you know about counting one dot at a time

ghostPastry
👻🧁

Old 02-20-2023, 05:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by R a n d e h View Post
I definitely need to check it out! We're thinking of hitting up a Cirque show this summer in Toronto! I love the amount of talent that goes into these productions!
oh how fun! what's the name of the one you're going to?

Quote:
That's good to know. I'm a huge Harry Potter fan so I definitely would have prioritized Universal Studios over Islands of Adventure! BUT We specifically didn't go because I didn't want to try to do both parks in a day. So when we do decide to make a trip there, I want 2 days per park to fully take advantage of everything.
that's smart! there's so much to enjoy even just wandering around not getting on any rides, and there are definitely rides i would go on twice if i had time. i wish i could just live in Diagon Alley

Quote:
That is rotten luck! When are you planning to go back just for these two rides? HAHA! At least you had a blast though!!
ahaha honestly? soon we don't know how soon because of family stuff, but neither of us can get it off our minds

Quote:
Alright, that's a fair and logical reason and I accept it ;)! Haha! I didn't even know that though, so that definitely is very cool! Speaking of Mexican, I actually hit up a Mexican restaurant on our way home from the tournament yesterday. It's called 3 Mariachi's and it was SO good! I always try to find fun little ethnic places to eat when we're in the big city (since where we live is very limited). We had elote for an app and that was frikken amazing, and then we had Mexican nacho's and they were phenomenal...going to reheat them in the oven today for lunch. The girls had deep fried ice cream for dessert and I had a churro. It was soo tasty. I found the place in TikTok LOL
oh that's awesome! that place looks so fancy my partner and i were just talking about trying to make elote ourselves that's so good that you have nacho leftovers. honestly sometimes the leftovers of mexican food are better to me than when it's fresh, the flavors get to soak in more.

Quote:
Legit such a good movie. I'm going to put it on right now as background noise so that I can have a Moana concert at every song
i love Disney movies in the background. i have to remember to put those on more when i draw, it's really inspiring.

Quote:
I think I'd want all the vial pins, but if I had to chose I too would have went with Sorcerer Mickey! It just has a classic vibe to it!
i know, i kinda want them all too.... it's just such a cool idea for a pin! Sorcerer Mickey is one of my favorite characters, i'm a little obsessed with Fantasia.

Quote:
Haha I hear you there. I am so upset the event fell during my busiest week this month (not upset at Mene, just at the timing of my life HAHA!). I was so jazzed to take full advantage of everything and see if I could snag an old school v-day EI but I totally ran out of time! That being said, family comes first and my niece had an amazing time with her team so that's all that's important!!
definitely, family does come first!! i'm so glad you had an amazing time with your niece, it's so cool the bond you two have.

R a n d e h
your best pal
Penpal

Old 02-20-2023, 06:25 PM

Quote:
oh how fun! what's the name of the one you're going to?
If we go in Toronto we'll see Kooza and if we decide to go to Ottawa we'll see Corteo! Not sure which one we're going to do yet, if we do!

Quote:
that's smart! there's so much to enjoy even just wandering around not getting on any rides, and there are definitely rides i would go on twice if i had time. i wish i could just live in Diagon Alley
I 100% wish I could live in Diagon Alley too! In fact the only thing I dislike about Harry Potter is that I never got my letter to Hogwarts when I turned 11.

Quote:
ahaha honestly? soon we don't know how soon because of family stuff, but neither of us can get it off our minds
LOL I love this so much! I want to go back just to explore, I wish it was cheaper for us to travel there!

Quote:
oh that's awesome! that place looks so fancy my partner and i were just talking about trying to make elote ourselves that's so good that you have nacho leftovers. honestly sometimes the leftovers of mexican food are better to me than when it's fresh, the flavors get to soak in more.
Legit just finished eating the leftovers, they were SO good. The only thing they needed more of was some fresh pico!! Ohhhh I need to make some elote now! I had never had it before. We're going to Mexico at the end of April and I am hoping they have it at the resort lol

Quote:
i love Disney movies in the background. i have to remember to put those on more when i draw, it's really inspiring.
LOL Yes you do!! it's my fav background sound. Sometimes though I put in Harry Potter (the first one) or Legally Blonde HAHA!

Quote:
i know, i kinda want them all too.... it's just such a cool idea for a pin! Sorcerer Mickey is one of my favorite characters, i'm a little obsessed with Fantasia.
Fantasia was the worse movie ever when I was a kid, but as an adult, it's perfect masterpiece!

Quote:
definitely, family does come first!! i'm so glad you had an amazing time with your niece, it's so cool the bond you two have.
Thank you! She's the best. What a different life though eh? When I was originally on this site I didn't have to worry about taking care of a child, I would have been on this site every single waking moment

ReiyukaE
(◎_◎;)

Old 02-20-2023, 08:20 PM

Quote:
Yeah its definitely much easier when you know about counting one dot at a time
Tho I'm sure it also makes you wonder if you're actually capable of counting like knitting or crocheting seems to cause.

R u b y

Old 02-20-2023, 09:29 PM

Quote:
Tho I'm sure it also makes you wonder if you're actually capable of counting like knitting or crocheting seems to cause.
I'm also an avid crocheter so not an issue in my case

ghostPastry
👻🧁

Old 02-21-2023, 12:09 AM

Quote:
If we go in Toronto we'll see Kooza and if we decide to go to Ottawa we'll see Corteo! Not sure which one we're going to do yet, if we do!
those both look so fun! you'll have to tell me how whichever one you go to is :D

Quote:
I 100% wish I could live in Diagon Alley too! In fact the only thing I dislike about Harry Potter is that I never got my letter to Hogwarts when I turned 11.
HARD SAME. i actually ordered us a letter off of Etsy so i could have the feeling of being accepted to Hogwarts. it came with a train ticket too, which i held under my pass as they scanned me in. i cried when i saw the train pull into the station, i was like FINALLY!!! only 18 years late.

Quote:
Legit just finished eating the leftovers, they were SO good. The only thing they needed more of was some fresh pico!! Ohhhh I need to make some elote now! I had never had it before. We're going to Mexico at the end of April and I am hoping they have it at the resort lol
you're making me so hungry i wish you much elote on your journey!!

Quote:
LOL Yes you do!! it's my fav background sound. Sometimes though I put in Harry Potter (the first one) or Legally Blonde HAHA!
Legally Blonde is so good!! i need to rewatch that soon.

Quote:
Fantasia was the worse movie ever when I was a kid, but as an adult, it's perfect masterpiece!
i can totally see how it would be boring as hell for a kid my special interest has always been animation, so for me it's always been fascinating how flowy and fluid and vibrant the animation is, but if you're not focused on that then it's basically like you're listening to hold music watching a screensaver

Quote:
Thank you! She's the best. What a different life though eh? When I was originally on this site I didn't have to worry about taking care of a child, I would have been on this site every single waking moment
for real!! it's so wild to see everyone all grown up now. i feel like it's a very different community here now too, even though it's all the same people.

ReiyukaE
(◎_◎;)

Old 02-21-2023, 09:45 AM

Quote:
I'm also an avid crocheter so not an issue in my case
Oh no, so is fabric arts your hobby... or counting?

R u b y

Old 02-21-2023, 02:44 PM

Quote:
Oh no, so is fabric arts your hobby... or counting?
Lol honestly idk! I think its counting!

R a n d e h
your best pal
Penpal

Old 02-21-2023, 03:45 PM

Quote:
those both look so fun! you'll have to tell me how whichever one you go to is :D

HARD SAME. i actually ordered us a letter off of Etsy so i could have the feeling of being accepted to Hogwarts. it came with a train ticket too, which i held under my pass as they scanned me in. i cried when i saw the train pull into the station, i was like FINALLY!!! only 18 years late.

you're making me so hungry i wish you much elote on your journey!!

Legally Blonde is so good!! i need to rewatch that soon.

i can totally see how it would be boring as hell for a kid my special interest has always been animation, so for me it's always been fascinating how flowy and fluid and vibrant the animation is, but if you're not focused on that then it's basically like you're listening to hold music watching a screensaver

for real!! it's so wild to see everyone all grown up now. i feel like it's a very different community here now too, even though it's all the same people.
I will for sure!

HAHA! That is the cutest damn thing ever. I am super jealous but so jazzed you got to experience that!!

Thank you! I told my husband he has to try Elote, and the best way would be if he made me some

LOL That's exactly what Fantasia was to me as a child but as an adult I now see it how you always have LOL! It was def loss on me in my youngin' era.

You're very right, I too feel it's very different here, and I like that. Did you grow up watching Full House? I did, and then when they announced Fuller House, I was SO JAZZED! But they made it for the same age that Full House was for, so it was so boring to me now as an adult. Mene is like that, except they DIDN'T screw it up, and they did release it for those of us that loved it when we were young LOL! Weird comparison, but just sayin'

ReiyukaE
(◎_◎;)

Old 02-21-2023, 07:32 PM

Quote:
Lol honestly idk! I think its counting!
Eyyy, whatever floats your boat, no judgement from me!

---------- Post added 02-21-2023 at 08:33 PM ----------

Quote:
You're very right, I too feel it's very different here, and I like that. Did you grow up watching Full House? I did, and then when they announced Fuller House, I was SO JAZZED! But they made it for the same age that Full House was for, so it was so boring to me now as an adult. Mene is like that, except they DIDN'T screw it up, and they did release it for those of us that loved it when we were young LOL! Weird comparison, but just sayin'
omg that comparison to Full House/Fuller House is spot-on. o: