R u b y
Grand Duchess of Gifs & Memes™

Old 02-21-2023, 07:33 PM

I like math so it works for me xD

PWEEP
Shadow Panda

Old 02-21-2023, 08:21 PM

I suck at math The lead operator and I work very well together; he takes care of the math and harder physical labor, while I pay attention to the little details and ensure everyone is assigned to their proper task.

R a n d e h
your best pal
Penpal

Old 02-21-2023, 09:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReiyukaE View Post
omg that comparison to Full House/Fuller House is spot-on. o:
LOL ISN'T IT?! Was Fuller House disappointing or what?! LOL

ReiyukaE
(◎_◎;)

Old 02-21-2023, 11:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by R a n d e h View Post
LOL ISN'T IT?! Was Fuller House disappointing or what?! LOL
Gosh, it was so bad - I think I noped out of it after maybe 4 or 5 episodes? I wanted to like it a lot for nostalgia's sake - but alas. It wasn't meant to be.
I don't think I know anyone who gets positive about it, really. Same with the Gilmore Girls continuation.

---------- Post added 02-22-2023 at 12:34 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWEEP View Post
I suck at math The lead operator and I work very well together; he takes care of the math and harder physical labor, while I pay attention to the little details and ensure everyone is assigned to their proper task.
That's great, tho, that you make up for what he lacks and vice versa. Math is... Tricky. I'm not the best at it, but I do like it. I used to really enjoy working out certain problems, but my brain noped out of more complicated things at some point in my youth and never fully checked back in

ghostPastry
👻🧁

Old 02-22-2023, 01:04 AM

Quote:
I will for sure!

HAHA! That is the cutest damn thing ever. I am super jealous but so jazzed you got to experience that!!

Thank you! I told my husband he has to try Elote, and the best way would be if he made me some

LOL That's exactly what Fantasia was to me as a child but as an adult I now see it how you always have LOL! It was def loss on me in my youngin' era.

You're very right, I too feel it's very different here, and I like that. Did you grow up watching Full House? I did, and then when they announced Fuller House, I was SO JAZZED! But they made it for the same age that Full House was for, so it was so boring to me now as an adult. Mene is like that, except they DIDN'T screw it up, and they did release it for those of us that loved it when we were young LOL! Weird comparison, but just sayin'
i did grow up watching Full House and my experience with Fuller House was exactly the same as yours! i just totally lost interest as soon as they were like "oh Bob Saget, John Stamos, and Dave Coulier are only here for the first episode." same thing happened to me with That 90s Show, blech it's not that they're totally bad shows, it's just like you said, they're still aiming it at the same audience the originals were so i feel like i've outgrown them.

ReiyukaE
(◎_◎;)

Old 02-22-2023, 08:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostPastry View Post
i did grow up watching Full House and my experience with Fuller House was exactly the same as yours! i just totally lost interest as soon as they were like "oh Bob Saget, John Stamos, and Dave Coulier are only here for the first episode." same thing happened to me with That 90s Show, blech it's not that they're totally bad shows, it's just like you said, they're still aiming it at the same audience the originals were so i feel like i've outgrown them.
Ooooooh, that's good to know, about That 90s Show. I wasn't too interested, but now I know it's probably not really worth giving it a watch.

Considering there's so many GOOD shows I actually still need to start/finish, it feels pointless giving mediocre/shows I've outgrown a watch.

R a n d e h
your best pal
Penpal

Old 02-22-2023, 04:02 PM

Quote:
Gosh, it was so bad - I think I noped out of it after maybe 4 or 5 episodes? I wanted to like it a lot for nostalgia's sake - but alas. It wasn't meant to be.
I don't think I know anyone who gets positive about it, really. Same with the Gilmore Girls continuation.
You're a better person than I am, I gave it 1 episode and noped out LOL

That being said, my niece (who I believe was 8 at the time it came out) enjoyed it lol! That's what made me realize it was released for the original age category that Full House was enjoyed by! So disappointing!!
Quote:
Yep! Exactly that! However I will say with That 90's Show, while I do not like the new group of kids (just because I'm too old now to get the humour of it), I LOVE the bits with the original cast. That makes me laugh tremendously! Like when Eric has to deal with his daughter doing something he used to do and Red just laughs in the background. That shit is funny LOL

ReiyukaE
(◎_◎;)

Old 02-22-2023, 06:10 PM

lolol, honestly, noping out after one episode is way better than WASTING TIME on something.
But hey, at least your niece got to enjoy it! At least someone did!

R a n d e h
your best pal
Penpal

Old 02-22-2023, 06:25 PM

HAHAHA So true!

ghostPastry
👻🧁

Old 02-22-2023, 07:54 PM

Quote:
You're a better person than I am, I gave it 1 episode and noped out LOL

That being said, my niece (who I believe was 8 at the time it came out) enjoyed it lol! That's what made me realize it was released for the original age category that Full House was enjoyed by! So disappointing!!
Yep! Exactly that! However I will say with That 90's Show, while I do not like the new group of kids (just because I'm too old now to get the humour of it), I LOVE the bits with the original cast. That makes me laugh tremendously! Like when Eric has to deal with his daughter doing something he used to do and Red just laughs in the background. That shit is funny LOL
agreed!! i was so excited to see all the old cast members, Kelso and Jackie had me cracking UP. i would watch a whole show about them being 40 in the 90s. and i agree, i'm just too old for the new cast. they're adorable, but i just don't relate to them like i related to the original cast. also, where was Hyde??? not the same without him.

---------- Post added 02-22-2023 at 02:55 PM ----------

Quote:
Ooooooh, that's good to know, about That 90s Show. I wasn't too interested, but now I know it's probably not really worth giving it a watch.

Considering there's so many GOOD shows I actually still need to start/finish, it feels pointless giving mediocre/shows I've outgrown a watch.
it's worth it to watch the first episode, but yeah when there's so many good shows out there it's hard to commit like 4 hours to a show that's not as enjoyable.

R a n d e h
your best pal
Penpal

Old 02-22-2023, 09:03 PM

Quote:
agreed!! i was so excited to see all the old cast members, Kelso and Jackie had me cracking UP. i would watch a whole show about them being 40 in the 90s. and i agree, i'm just too old for the new cast. they're adorable, but i just don't relate to them like i related to the original cast. also, where was Hyde??? not the same without him.
Oh my goodness yes I too could do a whole show on the original cast in their 40's!!

The actor who plays Hyde (Danny Masterson) is in a lot of trouble. In 2017 he was accused of sexual assault towards 3 victims. In 2020 he was arrested and officially charged. His case is supposed to continue on this year. Sooooo he's not in anything anymore and was fired from his spot on the show "The Ranch". Kind of crappy but if he really did do those things then he only has himself to blame.

ghostPastry
👻🧁

Old 02-22-2023, 11:47 PM

Quote:
Oh my goodness yes I too could do a whole show on the original cast in their 40's!!

The actor who plays Hyde (Danny Masterson) is in a lot of trouble. In 2017 he was accused of sexual assault towards 3 victims. In 2020 he was arrested and officially charged. His case is supposed to continue on this year. Sooooo he's not in anything anymore and was fired from his spot on the show "The Ranch". Kind of crappy but if he really did do those things then he only has himself to blame.
oof, well there you go. not a fan of his anymore. i agree, he brought it on himself, nobody should be famous if they're going to do things like that.

R a n d e h
your best pal
Penpal

Old 02-23-2023, 03:50 PM

Agreed fully.

Also, that hairstyle is strangely PERFECT for the mad scientist look you got going' on LOL

PWEEP
Shadow Panda

Old 02-23-2023, 09:35 PM

I never watched much of That 70's Show to begin with. I didn't hate it; I just never got into it fully. If it was on, I'd watch it, but I wouldn't go seeking it out. I really like the Wisconsin references, obviously, since that's where I live! But since I didn't watch much of the first I doubt I'll give the reboot a chance at all.

Yeah, I heard that about Hyde. Well, the actor, anyway.

ReiyukaE
(◎_◎;)

Old 02-24-2023, 12:26 PM

Yeah, same regarding the actor who played Hyde. Gonna keep a little bit of an ear out for what happens there, just because I'm wondering about what actually happened and such. But for now it's a smart thing they didn't include him in the spin-off.

Ghost, the new look is glorious! Very chaotic.

R a n d e h
your best pal
Penpal

Old 02-24-2023, 01:37 PM

@ Pweep - Yeah I wouldn't watch it if That 70's Show wasn't a staple for ya! LOL It wouldn't be the same!

@ Rei - I too am curious! Not saying he DIDN'T do it, however I feel a lot of actors are accused of things they didn't do...but then many turn out to be guilty. So I *hope* he isn't, but I'd like to know more.

ReiyukaE
(◎_◎;)

Old 02-25-2023, 09:28 PM

That's fully my stance on it, Randeh.
Of course, since it's a shitty thing, I hope it didn't take place... and I liked him in That 70s show, so you always hope that someone you sort of thought well of end up being an actual decent human being. But yeah, considering it's a re-trial and all that, I'm kind of curious about what actually went down. Guess we'll wait and see!

R a n d e h
your best pal
Penpal

Old 03-07-2023, 02:26 PM

Sorry for the delay lol. I feel the same!

R u b y

Old 03-12-2023, 03:49 PM

Thank you all for keeping my quest thread active while I've been away

ReiyukaE
(◎_◎;)

Old 03-13-2023, 07:49 AM

You're most welcome! Hope you're well tho, Ruby?

---------- Post added 03-13-2023 at 08:55 AM ----------

Quote:
Sorry for the delay lol. I feel the same!
Haha, no worries! Life gets in the way - been pretty busy myself. Hope it's all good things tho!

R u b y

Old 03-13-2023, 08:29 AM

I could be better but I’ll be okay. Had to replace our water heater and been busy with my regularly scheduled appointments and stuff so I’ve been drained lol
How are you?

ReiyukaE
(◎_◎;)

Old 03-13-2023, 09:09 AM

Oof, things like that are always painful, both from a financial standpoint as a "trying to fit this extra thing into an already packed schedule" standpoint. :/ I can imagine it took up quite a lot of energy! Hopefully it's taken care of, now?

I'm good! Pleasantly busy, workwise, and aside from a little mishap with my sibling, all things have been very good in my social life as well.

PWEEP
Shadow Panda

Old 03-13-2023, 10:39 PM

*pinches Ru, then runs away*

R a n d e h
your best pal
Penpal

Old 03-14-2023, 01:40 PM

Quote:
Haha, no worries! Life gets in the way - been pretty busy myself. Hope it's all good things tho!
All good things yes! Didn't you know, I was put on this earth to be a personal taxi to a 10 year old! hahahaha she makes it worth it!

R u b y

Old 03-14-2023, 04:21 PM

Quote:
Oof, things like that are always painful, both from a financial standpoint as a "trying to fit this extra thing into an already packed schedule" standpoint. :/ I can imagine it took up quite a lot of energy! Hopefully it's taken care of, now?

I'm good! Pleasantly busy, workwise, and aside from a little mishap with my sibling, all things have been very good in my social life as well.
Yeah, fortunately we were able to go thru the gas company and have it financed by them too, so it wasn't all up front. And there was one day we didn't have anything planned and that's the day they wanted to show up so it worked out perfectly. But man was I tired. They said early in the morning so I stayed up because I was anxious about it anyway. They didn't show up til 2 hours later (found out they were farther away and they weren't the ones who told us the time so it wasn't their fault at all.) And they stayed for 5 hours to get it done, also didn't think it would take that long but they did a good job and knew what they were doing. I napped part of the time they were here and then went to bed right after they left
But yeah, it was a hectic week lol

Oh no sorry to hear you had a mishap! What happened? (unless you don't want to talk about it, that's okay too )

---------- Post added 03-14-2023 at 12:22 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWEEP View Post
*pinches Ru, then runs away*
Hey! That's rude

Quote:
All good things yes! Didn't you know, I was put on this earth to be a personal taxi to a 10 year old! hahahaha she makes it worth it!
haha you do have quite the busy schedule I liked seeing all of your plants btw! Where did you get those Groot planters?!