SilverKnightHawk
\ (•◡•) /

Old 01-03-2023, 01:18 AM

Hello Hello!!

Gosh it's been a long time since I was last here, long enough that a re-intro seems worth it :P

Heya! I'm SilverKnightHawk, SKH or Silver for short. As you can probably guess, the recent email that got sent out drew me back! I have changed so much since I was last here XD

Uhm, hmmm, how do folks usually do this? Okay, I like hanging out with new folks, crocheting, knitting, sewing, roleplaying, writing. I just love making things with people!

Fantasy is my favorite genre of literally anything and I will talk folks' ears off if they ask about my favorite series.

Oh! I work on ships as a sailor and will ALSO talk folks to death about my job (I've been very lucky to get to work in a career that interests me and makes me happy), but that does mean that sometimes I can't respond as quickly as I'd like to. Ships might be a lot better than they were, but it's hard to get good internet out on the ocean :P

Anyway, to wrap this up... I'm happy to be back and looking forward to reconnecting with folks, or meeting new folks to talk to! This place meant so much to me when I was an awkward teenager, I'm happy to come back to it as an adult

Elirona
Giant butt

Penpal

Old 01-03-2023, 10:05 PM

hey Silver, welcome back!

ghostPastry
👻🧁

Old 01-04-2023, 06:34 PM

welcome back! i don't think we met, but it looks like you joined around the same time as me i'd love to see some of your crafts sometimes! do you ever sew/crochet anything fantasy-related?

R a n d e h
your best pal
Penpal

Old 01-04-2023, 08:24 PM

Welcome back! Ship work sounds interesting! I didn't think wifi in the middle of the ocean was even a thing, so that's pretty neat

SilverKnightHawk
\ (•◡•) /

Old 01-07-2023, 02:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostPastry View Post
welcome back! i don't think we met, but it looks like you joined around the same time as me i'd love to see some of your crafts sometimes! do you ever sew/crochet anything fantasy-related?
Oh neat! I spent most of my time on the roleplay forums , but I'm hoping to be a little more sociable this time around [grin]. Does a cloak count as fantasy related? I did not get around to finishing it, I ended up doing a big cross-country move that has left it buried inside boxes for the past couple of years (I am...very bad at unpacking ). Other than that, I have a couple of crochet patterns that are on my list that I'm going to be making in neutral/forest colors to make them more fantasy-esque! This very loose tutorial for making crochet belts with bags and nifty things attached, and this long hooded vest that looks like it'll be perfect for summer wear, both from the same maker!

I do have an image of a gorgeous shawl I made using this 'Aloe Bloom Shawl' pattern. (hopefully my spoiler works, I'm having to relearn how to use a poster like this!)

SPOILERX

Quote:
Originally Posted by R a n d e h View Post

Welcome back! Ship work sounds interesting! I didn't think wifi in the middle of the ocean was even a thing, so that's pretty neat
Yeah! It's really neat! It actually feels like a bit of a blast from the past, all of our internet is satellite based because we're so far away from the land, so messages and everything is crazy slow. I'm actually hoping Menewsha will be low-enough tech that I can load everything while I'm out without having to wait five million years I'm a notoriously slow responder anyway (I say, sending this two days after reading y'alls responses for the first time ) and taking so long to load websites has not helped me in the slightest. It gets even worse if the captain or higher-ups have to make a conference or video call. Dial-up internet is faster than ours when that happens.

It's been a really nice reminder to slow down though. It's nice to be tangibly reminded that everything really is so much faster these days.

R a n d e h
your best pal
Penpal

Old 01-07-2023, 04:22 AM

Oh my goodness. Reading this I feel envious that you get real downtime where you aren’t bombarded with outside noise, but reading this I also feel like I’d die without being connected at all times. What if I want to google the answer to something?!

I couldn’t do it but I am impressed anyone can haha! Kudos to you! I am sending fast website loading vibes your way!

Cora

Pixel Pixie

Old 01-07-2023, 07:56 AM

I am not sure if we knew each other back then, but you'll have to excuse me if we did. This old lady brain doesn't remember things like it used to. But Welcome Back! Hopefully we will have a chance to be friends in the future!

ghostPastry
👻🧁

Old 01-07-2023, 03:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverKnightHawk View Post
Oh neat! I spent most of my time on the roleplay forums , but I'm hoping to be a little more sociable this time around [grin]. Does a cloak count as fantasy related? I did not get around to finishing it, I ended up doing a big cross-country move that has left it buried inside boxes for the past couple of years (I am...very bad at unpacking ). Other than that, I have a couple of crochet patterns that are on my list that I'm going to be making in neutral/forest colors to make them more fantasy-esque! This very loose tutorial for making crochet belts with bags and nifty things attached, and this long hooded vest that looks like it'll be perfect for summer wear, both from the same maker!

I do have an image of a gorgeous shawl I made using this 'Aloe Bloom Shawl' pattern. (hopefully my spoiler works, I'm having to relearn how to use a poster like this!)
wow!! that shawl is gorgeous, i love the ombre. now it makes me want to pixel some of those free patterns on the mene base items like that would be so cool here. definitely counts as fantasy to me!

good luck on being sociable! i feel you, i kinda stuck around the same 10 people and just followed them through whatever thread they were posting in, so coming back i had a lot of new people to get acquainted with! i did a lot of RPing and selling my art back then, and i definitely still want to RP, but i'm kinda refocusing my energy to be less concerned about the gold and more just happy to talk to my new and old friends, and make the kind of art i want to make.

Nephila
The Serpent Bride

Penpal

Old 01-21-2023, 01:08 AM

Welcome back!