Shark
(-.-)zzZ

Old 03-19-2023, 01:50 AM

Kory wanted me to join, so here I am :))

Not new to avatar sites, but I guess I never joined here somehow?

You can find me obsessing about music, my OCs, and Metalocalypse.

ghostPastry
👻🧁

Old 03-19-2023, 04:55 AM

Doodily Ding Dong Tick Tock, Doodily Ding Dong Tick Tock

nice to meet you! i hope you have a good time here. what other avi sites have you been on?

edit: also check your trades

Last edited by ghostPastry; 03-19-2023 at 05:02 AM..

Shark
(-.-)zzZ

Old 03-19-2023, 03:55 PM

:D Are you a fan too?

Thanks! Oh I've been on pretty much all of them, ya know. Even a lot of the really tiny ones with like less than 100 people.

ghostPastry
👻🧁

Old 03-19-2023, 03:58 PM

i used to watch it a ton in high school! such a funny show. i really love Toki, no more hamburger time!!

that's so cool, are you into making pixel art too?

Shark
(-.-)zzZ

Old 03-19-2023, 04:02 PM

Nice :D I just got into it last year! A friend thought a drawing of mine looked like Charles, and then I started seeing Metalocalypse fanart everywhere, and then I checked it out! My favorites are Pickles and Toki.

Nah I've never tried pixel art! I do a lot of traditional art though.

ghostPastry
👻🧁

Old 03-19-2023, 04:05 PM

oh that's so interesting that there's still a big fandom for it! i'll have to go check out some fanart. i love Pickles toooo, i feel like he had a lot of character growth, i lived for seeing his backstory.

oh cool! you should show me some. what kind of stuff do you like to draw?

Shark
(-.-)zzZ

Old 03-19-2023, 04:28 PM

It's absolutely massive! o: There's big discord servers for it! I began my journey on tumblr where it's also very big. So much pretty fanart >w< I've even made some myself. I can relate a lot to Pickles :PP

Sure sure! I can share some. I mostly draw my OCs and some fanart. :))

SPOILERX

ghostPastry
👻🧁

Old 03-19-2023, 05:40 PM

wow! that's so cool to hear, i love how much retro media is getting popular again. i guess that means it's time for a rewatch!

oh wow, i love your style! the way you draw hair especially is so good, it's so fluid.

Kory
Spooky Action at a Distance

Old 03-19-2023, 06:55 PM

You're here!! :D
I can't wait for you to meet everyone!!! >w<

Shark
(-.-)zzZ

Old 03-19-2023, 07:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostPastry View Post
wow! that's so cool to hear, i love how much retro media is getting popular again. i guess that means it's time for a rewatch!

oh wow, i love your style! the way you draw hair especially is so good, it's so fluid.
Retro, oof Dx I'm starting to feel old now lmao.

Thank you! :D I like drawing hair. I draw lots and lots.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kory View Post
You're here!! :D
I can't wait for you to meet everyone!!! >w<
aww hi hi!

ghostPastry
👻🧁

Old 03-19-2023, 07:16 PM

i think at the 15 year point i get to call it retro at least compared to what the attention span of the internet used to be, i feel like when i was in fandoms they were all for things that were being aired right then and most older shows were more obscure. like, in 2007 when i was in high school i never would have thought M*A*S*H would have a huge fandom, but here we are.

good!! keep drawing hair, i won't complain

Shark
(-.-)zzZ

Old 03-19-2023, 08:06 PM

Time needs to slow down!! Dx Oh is M*A*S*H big right now? or was it? I never watched it, but I think my grandpa was into it lol. There were some older shows/movies I wanted to watch, but I never end up doing it. Do you have any big favorites?

ghostPastry
👻🧁

Old 03-19-2023, 08:24 PM

honestly i'm sick of time's shenanigans

yeah, apparently there was a big resurgence of interest in MASH in like 2013? there's a whole huge wiki about the show and the books. i had some friends a few years ago who were really into it, profile pictures of the characters and everything. and it's young people too! it's like 16-23 year olds i'm with you, i always thought it was a show for grandpas.

i'm a sucker for a good sitcom, like Friends or How I Met Your Mother, or any 90s/00s Nickelodeon or Cartoon Network show. i always really loved the art style in the original Samurai Jack, the backgrounds were just jaw-dropping.

Shark
(-.-)zzZ

Old 03-19-2023, 08:48 PM

Oooh that's interesting. I was big into fandom stuff around 2013 and I never saw any of that! Lots of other things :)

I liked Friends when I was a kid! I never watched HIMYM but I heard good things. Nickelodeon and Cartoon Network were big for me as a kid. I liked Samurai Jack's style a lot, but I never got to watch it as much as I wanted to, so I think I only got to see a few episodes. Same with Code Lyoko. Really loved what I saw, but I only saw a couple episodes. Dx

ghostPastry
👻🧁

Old 03-20-2023, 04:51 AM

2013 was kinda when i stopped being into fandoms as much, i think when i was last really active in fandoms it was around the time that Superwholock and Teen Wolf were a thing. so i'm totally out of the loop i just rely on my friends for all my fandom knowledge

i love HIMYM for the humor, they really have some unique jokes and the writers are the kings of callbacks. it's definitely a product of its time, so it has some cringey moments, but it's just a really fun time. Friends is so much better to watch as an adult, it has a totally different vibe from when i watched it as a kid. that was one that i only caught little bits of on TV, so watching it in order and finally understanding the character dynamics felt like leveling up in something

oh same on Code Lyoko!! i think i watched like 5-10 episodes of it total, but it was one of my favorite shows. i never knew what was going on, but it was always so exciting.

Shark
(-.-)zzZ

Old 03-20-2023, 05:03 AM

I was very big into Sherlock and Teen Wolf :3 And Hannibal and all that.

Yeah that makes sense! I think I'd probably really like some of the older stuff I watched or missed out on... Or maybe just see all the awful parts about it. xD

Maybe I should check it out... idk. I started watching an old anime I used to watch as a kid, and it ended up being so much deeper and emotional than I thought it would be! I actually really enjoy it. :3

Cora

Pixel Pixie

Old 03-20-2023, 01:27 PM

Oh look at that! A newblet, and a friend of Kory's? How fun!

Welcome to Mene

Shark
(-.-)zzZ

Old 03-20-2023, 02:46 PM

Thank you thank you ^^

ghostPastry
👻🧁

Old 03-20-2023, 05:35 PM

oh i love Hannibal!!! the movies are really good too. Will is a very relatable character and the visuals are just so stunning and if you can call gruesome murders classy, it's pretty... tastefully done

i think you can acknowledge the problematic parts of old media but still enjoy it. but some stuff i watched is just a little unrelatable now, like anything starring a teenager i'm pretty eh on now.

that's cool! i love rediscovering old shows like that from a different perspective with more understanding. what anime is it?

Shark
(-.-)zzZ

Old 03-20-2023, 06:07 PM

Yeah I watched all the movies too! :D I think my favorite was the show. I never finished it though. o: I only watched a few episodes into the last season and then stopped. The visuals were out of this world!! I love artistic stuff like that. Utopia (UK) is my absolute favorite show, I feel like it's kinda similar to Hannibal in that way.

yeah teen stuff is kinda unrelatable now :( Most of my favorite shows and books are highschool age though. Or they've stayed that way since I was in highschool lol. Like Pretty Little Liars and such.

It's called His and Her Circumstances :) I'd recommend it if you feel like crying.

ghostPastry
👻🧁

Old 03-20-2023, 07:49 PM

i hope you get to finish some day! the last season is based on my favorite movie in the series, Red Dragon, so i was like out of my seat Y E L L I N G, i was very excited the whole show i was like come onnnn come on red dragon plot

i'll have to check out Utopia! it sounds like something my partner would watch. and from a brief google, His and Her Circumstances reminds me a little of another anime that made me cry, Words Bubble Up Like Soda Pop. i love the dynamic of competing to be the best.

Kent
owo

Penpal

Old 03-21-2023, 09:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shark View Post
It's absolutely massive! o: There's big discord servers for it! I began my journey on tumblr where it's also very big. So much pretty fanart >w< I've even made some myself. I can relate a lot to Pickles :PP

Sure sure! I can share some. I mostly draw my OCs and some fanart. :))

SPOILERX

Oooh! I love your art! * o* Welcome to Mene! o wo

Last edited by Kent; 03-22-2023 at 03:47 PM..

Cora

Pixel Pixie

Old 03-22-2023, 01:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shark View Post
Yeah I watched all the movies too! :D I think my favorite was the show. I never finished it though. o: I only watched a few episodes into the last season and then stopped. The visuals were out of this world!! I love artistic stuff like that. Utopia (UK) is my absolute favorite show, I feel like it's kinda similar to Hannibal in that way.

yeah teen stuff is kinda unrelatable now :( Most of my favorite shows and books are highschool age though. Or they've stayed that way since I was in highschool lol. Like Pretty Little Liars and such.

It's called His and Her Circumstances :) I'd recommend it if you feel like crying.
Kare Kano! I haven't watched/Read that in ages! But His and Her Circumstances was a great series!

Shark
(-.-)zzZ

Old 03-22-2023, 03:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostPastry View Post
i hope you get to finish some day! the last season is based on my favorite movie in the series, Red Dragon, so i was like out of my seat Y E L L I N G, i was very excited the whole show i was like come onnnn come on red dragon plot

i'll have to check out Utopia! it sounds like something my partner would watch. and from a brief google, His and Her Circumstances reminds me a little of another anime that made me cry, Words Bubble Up Like Soda Pop. i love the dynamic of competing to be the best.
Hell yeah o: That part looked pretty scary. But who could do it better than Ralph Fiennes?

It's absolutely an incredible show <33 beautiful and scary and funny.

Ooh, I'll have to look for that one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kent View Post
Oooh! I love you art! * o* Welcome to Mene! o wo
Thank you!! :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cora View Post
Kare Kano! I haven't watched/Read that in ages! But His and Her Circumstances was a great series!

Yeah!!! It's so good! I watched it when I was like 10, and now I'm 27 XD The art is so pretty and cute and it's all so touching ;w;

ghostPastry
👻🧁

Old 03-22-2023, 04:20 PM

omg right?? he totally ate up that character, i barely recognized him.

that sounds like a perfect emotional cocktail, i am ready to cry in awe

it's on Netflix if you have that!