Inspiration
ICKy Charity Owner

Old 09-09-2016, 09:50 PM

He was pretty sure it was a fight, but he couldn't pinpoint the location. It seemed to be coming from ahead of him. As he rounded a corner it was painfully obvious that he had stumbled upon a battle, missing all the signs that would have warned him of the goblins he could now see before him. (Time to roll initiative)

Aya and Jolmah can not see him yet because the caravan stands between them. Burne is coming in from the northern side of the path.

M i n u x e
Jiggly Jell-o

Old 09-10-2016, 01:58 AM

{I apologize for my lack of activity these past two days, getting used to work!
Thanks for the diagram of the battle Shadami, it's quite helpful}

Jolmah quietly walks up to a small group of goblins who are facing the caravan and have their backs towards her.
She raises her morningstar and with all her might strikes one of the goblins in front of her.
{Ok lets hope I did this correctly}
Attack roll: The 20-sided dice lands on 1 +2 (base attack bonus) + 2 (flanking) +3 (strength modifier)
Damage roll, if it hits: The 8-sided dice lands on 8 (if critical hit then x2)

Jaijin
( ͡°( ͡° ͜ʖ(...
Send a message via Yahoo to Jaijin

Old 09-10-2016, 02:23 AM

Burne draws his weapon seeing all the goblins, oh great these annoying things again, having encountered them before while living with the dwarves he knew to aim for their body over their head. (The 20-sided dice lands on 17 + 3 initiative)

Inspiration
ICKy Charity Owner

Old 09-10-2016, 01:20 PM

(Hey not a problem Min. :] I expect this to be a laid back adventure. Aya technically has strike before Jolmah. But we can make it work with whoever can post)

Jolmah's strike falls true crashing down upon the goblin's head for 10 points of damage (melee weapons get the strength bonus for damage) . The poor creature didn't know what hit it as he crumples to the ground with a smashed in skull. The spear it was holding clattering to the ground as its body made a loud thump a small puff of dust popping up from the dirt road around it.

for that amazing roll of 5... Burne will have his turn right after Jolmah, and just before the goblins move.

The Wandering Poet
Captain Oblivious

Penpal

Old 09-10-2016, 03:41 PM

(I had already previously went, was I supposed to go again already?)

Inspiration
ICKy Charity Owner

Old 09-10-2016, 11:14 PM

Yuppers. you guys got an extra round before the goblins move. And Jolmah had already said what she would be taking that turn for. which was movement to get in range for the next round to attack. So you get to take two attacks before goblins get to react. xD

The Wandering Poet
Captain Oblivious

Penpal

Old 09-11-2016, 01:43 AM

With the goblin not falling from the shot Aya draws her bow a second time and looses another arrow.
The 20-sided dice lands on 5 +5+3
If it hits: The 8-sided dice lands on 4 +2

M i n u x e
Jiggly Jell-o

Old 09-11-2016, 01:50 AM

{Ok, so now I have to wait until Aya, Burne, and the goblins go before I can go again because I did both my surprise round and first round actions}
{Didn't know I added my strength bonus to melee damage rolls, thanks for telling me. I will do that from now on}

Free action: Jolmah stares at the goblin's lifeless body and a small grin appears on her face. Smashing goblins was a delight after the boring morning they had.
She then shook her morningstar a few times to remove some of the blood and bones that were stuck on it.
{Hopefully also a free action} Jolmah turned her attention to the spear on the ground. She stomped as hard as she could on it, breaking the shaft in half. This was a precaution in case one of the other goblins picked it up and used it. She knew that goblins were usually dim-witted, but in this large group of goblins there may be a leader who was smarter than the rest.

{If it isn't a free action to break the spear then I may choose to do that next round, unless the goblins move out of my reach on their turn}

Inspiration
ICKy Charity Owner

Old 09-11-2016, 03:29 PM

(I happen to know that Burne is holding his action since jaijin told me so. he's sleeping now so he'll get on and do his after we eat lunch)

Quick summary: During the free round Aya shot a goblin in the back while Jolmah charged in to get within attacking range. On the other side of the 'clearing' Burne arrives from the north stumbling upon the battle and draws his weapon.

First round: Aya releases a second arrow that strikes true. The goblin that was stumbling forward falls into a face plant on the ground. Two arrows now sticking out of its back. Nearby Jolmah smashes the skull in of a second goblin who collapses to the ground. Just for good measure she snapped the spear in half. (I will count it as your 5-foot step that is a free action if you didn't move in the round. :] ) It gave a satisfying crack under her boots.

Of course, it was an audible crack, and the dim witted goblins were finally aware that something was going on outside of the caravan they were taunting. The first (on the right, south side) looks around and fails to notice the dead comrade lying next to it and instead only sees the cleric and moves to fight her. Silly human creature interrupting their fun! It stabs its spear forward at her manages to land a hit for The 6-sided dice lands on 4 points of damage.The second blaunches at the sight of the dead comrade with two arrows in its back, looks up and sees Aya and makes its own decision to flee as fast as it can to the woods.

The third is slightly stupid, failing to notice either dead body, eyes only for the cleric. It charges forward and trips over the dead body sprawling forward, have draped over the dead body, face planted into the dirt road. The fourth turns and sees the cleric and decides to throw their spear instead of rushing forward. Which narrowly misses landing in the dusty dirt road behind Jolmah.

The next goblin turns and flees for the trees, having not expected any challenge in taking the caravan. The fifth goblin still wants whatever treasures are inside the caravan and decides to move to destroying the caravan to get inside. The next goblin turns their attention away from the caravan looking for the source of the sound and spots Burne and moves toward him brandishing its spear and chattering away angrily in goblin.

The goblin on the west of the caravan who has just finished a taunting stab at the caravan wagon looks up only to see Burne and sees not much threat, So it chucks its spear at him narrowly missing the goblin that runs in front of it heading to taunt the caravan being completely oblivious of the battle going on around them. But which strikes the next goblin who jumps back finishing their turn of taunting the caravan in the side of the head for The 4-sided dice lands on 2 +3 points of damage.

The next goblin notices Burne but only stares at the newcomer sizing him up. His tiny brain debating weather to run or fight. Unlike the goblin next to it that immediately starts charging at Burne as an intruder. Another turns and sizes up Burne and decides to chuck its spear which falls very very short of Burne as one of the other goblins as run into his path and gets stuck in the back for The 4-sided dice lands on 3 +3 points of damage.

The next charges Burne Luckily not getting in the way of any thrown spears, as the next one ignores the battle that is slightly sound blocked by the giant wagon in front of its face that it decides to continue taunting as does the goblin next to him who can't quite see Aya. The next two decide to charge Aya though the first gets a little slowed up having to climb through the wooden rungs of the horse harness.

Remaining actions:
Burne move/standard actions

Last edited by Inspiration; 09-11-2016 at 03:36 PM..

Jaijin
( ͡°( ͡° ͜ʖ(...

Old 09-11-2016, 04:30 PM

Burne moves within striking distance of a goblin and attacks while screaming "Take this you foul creature"
Attack roll: The 20-sided dice lands on 10 +4+3+1
Dmg if its: The 8-sided dice lands on 1+4

Inspiration
ICKy Charity Owner

Old 09-11-2016, 04:48 PM

Aya and Jolmah can both roll listen checks to see if they hear Burne's war cry.

Jolmah took 6 points of damage from one of the goblin spears that actually managed to hit her.

Burne rushed forward swinging his warhammer into the nearest goblin as it got propelled forward into him with a spear sticking out of the back of its head. With a mighty strike it got sent spinning backwards instead, luckily landing on its face so the spear didn't get a bonus penetration from ground inertia shoving it ....deeper.

The other goblin that had been skewered by a poorly thrown spear collapsed sideways , practically dropping where it was struck as it rushed forward to the caravan.

Round two may now begin.

Jaijin
( ͡°( ͡° ͜ʖ(...

Old 09-12-2016, 12:46 AM

Burne looks at the goblins rushing him and smiles as he rushes them warhammer ready attacking the middle of the group of three that are rushing him. "So you think you can play with me!" he yells in dwarven.

attack roll: The 20-sided dice lands on 2 +4+3+1
If hits Damage : The 8-sided dice lands on 8+4

M i n u x e
Jiggly Jell-o

Old 09-12-2016, 11:39 PM

{Such a great recap! I also like the diagram. My morning star looks so huge and badass in it lol xD
Thanks for counting the spear-breaking step as my 5-foot step.
I notice that I never wrote down my AC before. I added it into my character sheet just now, but I assume you calculated it already.
Is there a size modifier between the goblins and I? Because if not then I believe my AC is 17.}

Jolmah's hp 22/28

Jolmah grimaced as the goblin's spear cut through her left upper arm and blood began to drip down. The shield she was holding in that arm now felt heavier than before, but she knew she could continue to hold it until the battle ended.
After the initial shock of the injury subsided, Jolmah looked in the direction of the caravan because she thought she heard a new unfamiliar voice.
Listen check: The 20-sided dice lands on 12 + 3 (wisdom modifier)

After she finished making a judgement about that new voice, Jolmah quickly turned her attention to the goblin to her right that had just cut her. Determined to make it pay for what it had just done, she swiftly raised her morning star and aimed to strike that goblin.
Attack roll: The 20-sided dice lands on 4 +2 +3
Damage roll if it hits: The 8-sided dice lands on 7 +3

The Wandering Poet
Captain Oblivious

Penpal

Old 09-13-2016, 04:49 AM

Aya showed little interest in war cries, focusing purely on the goblins which were running amok. Seeing a goblin still attempting to get into the caravan Aya draws her bow to strike him.
The 20-sided dice lands on 5 +5+3
If it hits: The 8-sided dice lands on 1 +2

Inspiration
ICKy Charity Owner

Old 09-13-2016, 04:13 PM

(listen checks were to see if you even noticed that someone else had joined the battle so you don't. oh i don't know. run up and attack the stranger even though he is helping kill goblins :P Nice Roleplaying though. I'll take it as a "failed" listen check for Aya.)

Aya's arrow whizzes over over of the dead goblins surrounding Jolmah and strikes the goblin climbing up on the caravan in the back. It falls back do the ground with a startled death cry. To far away and do focused on choosing and downing all her targets she missed the war cry of the newcomer to the battle.

Jolmah heard Burne's battle cry as he entered the fray, now knowing someone else had joined the battle with them she swung and struck down the goblin beside her that had taken a lucky jab at her arm. It dropped where it stood probably regretting having been brave and charged her.

Burne charged the middle goblin but had his warhammer strike air as the goblin ducked to avoid the crazy charging human that was roaring in a non human language. Enough to throw off the goblins retaliation strike with its spear. The goblin behind it that had tossed its spear (and accidentally stuck its comrade) before, drew its morningstar from its belt loop.

Making up its mind that this human was a danger the goblin that had hesitated moved in to stab at Burne, its spear missing as Burne dodged the other spear that had been coming at it. Of course this one moving position as the one behind him decided to turn towards Burne and throw its spear probably didn't help the dumb goblins aim as it got struck from behind for The 4-sided dice lands on 3 +3 points of damage.

The two fleeing goblins manage to make it to the edge of the clearing and disappear into the wild brush that covers the hillside.

The two remaining goblins who had thrown spears draw their morningstars.

Of the three goblins taunting the caravan still, only two of them realize there is a battle going on. The first on the north side of the caravan turns and charges towards Burne blocking its comrade from being able to retreat in that direction. The other on the west side pushes past its comrade drawing its morningstar and rushes towards Jolmah.

The goblin on the ground still holding its spear despite having sprawled over the dead body jumps back to its feat thrusting up at Jolmah as it rises for The 6-sided dice lands on 5 amount of damage.

The goblin moving through the wooden harness continues its blind charge towards Aya, though the one halfway to her having watched her take down its comrades with quick movements of her bow suddenly decides the battle is not worth it and turns tail and flees.

The Wandering Poet
Captain Oblivious

Penpal

Old 09-13-2016, 04:26 PM

Aya continues to analyze the field for goblins as she draws her next arrow. Seeing the goblin charging her she takes careful aim and fires.
The 20-sided dice lands on 18 +5+3
If it hits: The 8-sided dice lands on 4 +2

Jaijin
( ͡°( ͡° ͜ʖ(...

Old 09-13-2016, 05:56 PM

Burne attacks the same goblin hoping to hit the little gremlin this time. "I'll smash you to bits" he screams in dwarven.
attack roll The 20-sided dice lands on 10+4+3+1
damage roll The 8-sided dice lands on 5+4

Inspiration
ICKy Charity Owner

Old 09-13-2016, 08:05 PM

Aya's arrow unluckily misses the charging goblin as it moves rapidly closer to her. The arrow flying off somewhere to the right behind the goblin.

True to his dwarven war cry Burne indeed hits the goblin this time with his warhammer , though not quite to pieces. It almost seems to sway where its stands like it could be blown over with a breath and collapse to the ground. It's eyes seem to go a little unfocused with the blow.

(oh yeah and thanks Min! Glad you like the diagram i did it up real fast in paint. gonna do it in fire alpaca next time so I have layers.. xD)

Remaining in this round are the goblins, and Jolmah's actions.

M i n u x e
Jiggly Jell-o

Old 09-13-2016, 08:33 PM

{You're welcome Shadami. I never heard of fire alpaca before, such a funny name. I assume it is like paint except with layers}

Jolmah's HP 20/28

Jolmah winced as the goblin knicked the side of her left thigh with its spear as it was jumping up.
In retaliation she once again raised her morning star and aimed at that goblin.
Attack roll: The 20-sided dice lands on 8 +2 +3
Damage roll, if it hits: The 8-sided dice lands on 8 +3

Jolmah felt a bit of relief knowing that another person had begun attacking the goblins. However, she had no idea if this person would be friendly towards Aya and herself. Nonetheless that was not a concern at the moment. Anyone who was against the goblins was a 'friend' at the moment.

Inspiration
ICKy Charity Owner

Old 09-15-2016, 11:49 AM

The Goblin finished its upward movement and dodged Jolmah's morningstar before taking another swing at her. Missing this time. The goblin next to it moved in, standing on its fallen comrade to swing at Jolmah with its spear, though the uneven squishy footing didn't help its aim much and it just struck armor and had no effect.
Now carrying a morningstar another goblin moved in swinging at Jolmah landing a hit to her side for The 6-sided dice lands on 3 +2 points of damage x2. (rolled a crit. sorry!!!!) The goblin was spitting angrily as it watched bodies of its family and friends fall around it.

Across the field the sprinting goblin moved in on Aya and took a jab with its spear. (assuming you have on a leather armor that has +2 to Dex bonus cause you haven't finished picking your gear :P ) It's run over to her clearly unstabling its aim.

The three runners are now gone in the woods somewhere. Never to return?

The spear thrower of the previous round (who once again stuck a friend, god these goblins are amazing at hitting each other) drew its Morning star, while its friend already with its Morningstar out hung back waiting. Deciding wether it should flee or not, it's decision was to beat the crap out of the wagon for the loot doing The 6-sided dice lands on 1 +2 points of damage to its already beat up exterior.

Around Burne the last morningstar bearer moved into position at his back swinging its weapon at the highest point the thing could reach. Barely landing a blow it did The 6-sided dice lands on 6 +2 points of damage with the end of its morningstar. The swaying goblin (with a penalty) tried to turn tail and flee and found its way blocked on all sides grappled with its companion behind it and stood shaking in fear on the spot finding no route of escape as the goblin being grappled with shoved back in annoyance of being clawed at in a mad attempt at freedom from the fight.

The one with the spear in its back struggled to stay on its feet for a few seconds longer and than collapsed.

The next round may begin :D
Aya i'd like you to do another spot check as well this round if you would please since you succeeded on the last one.

(imgur is not loading on my computer atm. will get the picture up asap)

Last edited by Inspiration; 09-15-2016 at 02:01 PM..

Jaijin
( ͡°( ͡° ͜ʖ(...

Old 09-15-2016, 06:54 PM

Clearly the goblin that was being shoved towards him was not one that wanted to fight. Burne then proceeded to attack the solo goblin above him that hit him with the morningstar. "You think that was funny don't you," he pulls back his warhammer and swings down "take this you little devil."

Attack Roll: The 20-sided dice lands on 20 +4+3+1
Damage roll: The 8-sided dice lands on 3+4
HP: 17/22

Inspiration
ICKy Charity Owner

Old 09-15-2016, 06:54 PM

Very nice natural 20!! Roll again to see if you get another one.

Jaijin
( ͡°( ͡° ͜ʖ(...

Old 09-15-2016, 06:55 PM

Insta kill: The 20-sided dice lands on 3

Inspiration
ICKy Charity Owner

Old 09-15-2016, 07:00 PM

The goblin with the morningstar got hit so hard, it isn't really recognizable as a goblin anymore. Cracking bones are almost audible as the entire goblin crumples into a mess on the ground.

(For those of you who don't know my critical rules. Unlike the normal system where if you roll a 20 and than roll again to confirm critical . Which i believe is just beating the AC again and is all way to confusing for me. I have a if you roll a second 20 it is an insta kill. Not that this goblin really needed the insta kill, and is already obliterated by the 8 x3 damage... but at least you now know the ruling )

The Wandering Poet
Captain Oblivious

Penpal

Old 09-16-2016, 05:16 PM

Spot check The 20-sided dice lands on 4
Seeing the goblin before her Aya grins, With him being so close he would be a much simpler target.
The 20-sided dice lands on 10 +5+3
If it hits: The 8-sided dice lands on 1 +2
(I also should get a bonus for Point Blank Shot but I forget which one)

(Sorry sorry, I'll do it when I can but I've barely been on except to reply. I made a list of items beforehand somewhere in OOC but I'm not sure how far back is was, as you recently changed how equipment was done)