Nemui
ʘ‿ʘ
Send a message via AIM to Nemui

Old 04-15-2009, 03:38 AM

well its not like i want to take break. but i just dont have time right now.
and im suppose to start my classes this fall for computer art, so i can get my degree in it. but i dont know how that will work.

Claudia
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 04-15-2009, 03:56 AM

Sounds like a good goal. I wasn't allowed to go to art school so I don't either. I finally figured if I am not allowed to go to art school, I'll become an artist anyways..In the end I stopped crying my eyes out, rolled up my sleaves so to speak and got to work.

I basically told myself...what would I be doing IF I got into art school?..I'd be working to produce some good artwork...Why don't I just do that at home and pretend I'm in art school..
I got myself two art books based on issues I needed to work on. So now I cry less about art school and focus more on working on what I need to do to suceed.

I would say I'm too busy right now...but it's only because I'm doing these easter events. There are times when I am too busy with other stuff. Like I had a few emergencies to take care of recently.

OH BTW, don't you have to produce a portfolio to enter ( if you haven't done that already). Back when I was trying to get into art school, I spend a couple of month making a portfolio for it.

Last edited by Claudia; 04-15-2009 at 04:01 AM..

Nemui
ʘ‿ʘ
Send a message via AIM to Nemui

Old 04-15-2009, 04:03 AM

well im too busy trying to raise my daughter she is 2 months old so i dont have time in my day to draw and next month i go bac to work, which leaves even less time.

i miss it too. like i could be drawing right now [but im glued here] and i have nothing in my mind to work on.

why cant you go to art school? if you dont mind me asking.

Claudia
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 04-15-2009, 04:29 AM

I concur drawing( artwork in general) can take a lot of time if one is serious about it. It takes hard work and there's no easy way around it. Unless you are super talented naturally and I envy those folks.

Simple answer, it was all about the money...

Long rambling answer....
Then at this point I'm kinda beyond schooling and want to move on things like getting my own home and actually having a life. I just did three years of massage school after I thought I would never go back to school yet again.
But I kept bumping my head against the wall due to the economy, it was new skills or settle with unskilled work since there was constantly nothing in my area. Since unskilled work was not going to pay for things like having an art studio and other goals...I moved on.

So I picked something I thought might lead to good money and took on a huge commitment.
At least a huge commitment for someone who already had about eight years of school under their belt and was ready to move onto the working world, stay there and didn't plan to keep going back to school.

I figured once I get enough money, I can buy my own studio. I figured massage work was just a tool to help raise funds for that art studio that would give me the kick start I needed with pro artist equipment.
I don't see how I'd ever raise the funds to get my own home and studio without a well paying job.

Another thing...I was in the working world a while already and I hated the lack of job security I faced. I lost track of the times jobs went up in smoke. And then when these jobs went up in smoke, I was forced to take horrid jobs...Very abusive that lead to me to the end of poverty. Do...not want...EVER AGAIN. My experiences made me realize IF I DID not make money and a high paying job a priority, I would be stuck in a one room apartment without the means to ever get any further and possibly end up homeless with all my artwork in some dumpster.

And face it, being an artist is a really risky career choice.
I wanted good backup in case nobody hired me or my art career was going badly so I could fill in the gaps.
I've already had skills and higher education nobody wanted and I don't want to go back to that ever. Lets face it...getting a job as an artist is not a guarantee.
Plus one has to factor in working on the artwork until it's high enough quality that one can go pro and that can take a long time. All that editing and putting up galleries until it's ready to go.

I made job security a priority AND I made getting into a field that paid well a priority. I've been bored to tears these years doing this training and I've had to grit my teeth hard at times.. But now I'm getting somewhere instead of being a highly educated person doing unskilled min wage ( or less) work.
I am not ashamed to say making money is my priority in life besides working towards being a skilled artist.

Last edited by Claudia; 04-15-2009 at 04:41 AM..

xSad_Eyesx
*^_^*

Old 04-15-2009, 04:35 AM

Well hello there...
I'm back to intrude XD

Claudia
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 04-15-2009, 04:48 AM

Hi there..This is working well for me...I'm getting to ramble on about stuff and earn gold...Whoooo.
Now I just need someone to talk fish tanks with me and I'll be all set.

xSad_Eyesx
*^_^*

Old 04-15-2009, 04:53 AM

Hi Claudia ^_^
yup great place to
ramble and earn some
gold.
Like actual fish tanks
or virtual ones?
I've never had a fish tank.
I had a fish once but it died,
and I only had him in a small
fish bowl. I don't think I'm
suited to take care of animals.

Claudia
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 04-15-2009, 04:58 AM

Yeah actual fish tanks.. I haven't tried the virtual kind yet.
Then again I think Gaia's virtual aquariums might leave me disapointed.
Lets just say I'm a bit of a purist and when I see weird fish combos...I kinda freak out.
For starters fresh water and marine fish being mixed...big no no.

Not many fish can live in fish bowls and they have to be cleaned out frequently due to the small volume of water.
The classic goldfish in a bowl is a doomed or tortured fish.

Connielass
Queen of Nutcases

Old 04-15-2009, 05:05 AM

Claudia, I'm kind of in the same position you are: I'm working two jobs right now, trying to make ends meet, and trying to look for another set of skills that are more reliable than both what I'm doing and what I hope to do: open up a flower shop.
What I'm doing: retail and nail salon.
The retail is more reliable than the nail salon, and both the nail salon and flower shop are first thing to get the axe when people start cracking down on their spending. If you watched the inauguration, you would have noticed the marked lack of flowers: that was Obama's first, silent statement that he meant business about the economy. No flowers. Apparently no flowers at the official reception afterward too.
And nails? Yeah, especially in winter, getting your nails done, getting facials, etc, is something you can go without. For some people, it's essential, and it's those customers that we had to rely on from week to week. But for most, it's only a luxury, and with a good half of our regulars losing jobs, and/or their spouse losing a job, getting their nails done was one of the first things to go.
Even with spring coming, it's slower than it was this time last year.

I'm just not sure what kind of skills I could learn that would be reliable in these times. I'm mostly a crafty person, doing things like knitting, beading, etc, and which is why I plan on going into the floral industry. My biggest weakness is that I buckle under the pressure of a close deadline, which seems to be the biggest thing these days: customers want what they want, and they want it now. So, ideally, I'd like having a job where time constraint isn't an issue, but it's hard to find a job like that.
I could branch out from the floral thing, and explore landscaping, which takes time, but it also takes a lot of money, so it's another luxury that can easily get axed from the normal household budget.

. . . .
Auto repair?

xSad_Eyesx
*^_^*

Old 04-15-2009, 05:06 AM

Yeah the only ones
I've tried are the ones
at gaia XD
Yeah that was the problem
with our fish bowl, nobody
wanted to clean it. I tried
to clean it at least once a week
but nobody else helped and then
I started school again and well
without me here the poor fish
was neglected :(

raine dragon
*^_^*
Send a message via MSN to raine dragon

Old 04-15-2009, 05:13 AM

heh, I'm sitting here wondering what's got my tiger barbs so spastic as I'm collecting carrots today XD For some reason my biggest one suddenly decided to be submissive to the smallest one o_o; This fish 1/3 of his size has been chasing him around. It's really weird, I'm worried there might be something wrong with him...

but yeah, my first fish was a little comet goldfish and they sold me a fish bowl at the carnival at my school for him for a dollar and it holds about 2 cups of water >.<! So, needless to say, I went down to the pet store that night and got a little tank with a filter for him. I now have the tiger barbs in that tank and got a bigger one for my comets because I got another and they were growing.

that little bowl is barely big enough to hold my itty-bitty tiger barb trio while I clean out their tank, I can't imagine fitting a single one of my comets in it even that long! >.< It is pretty handy to dip into the tank to take away water for water changes though. That's about it XD;;

xSad_Eyesx
*^_^*

Old 04-15-2009, 05:47 AM

Oh I remember my
first fish also came from
a carnival. I was so excited
that I had actually won one.
I had gotten a small fish bowl for
it and then my mom had such a great
idea to stick inside a plant she
had that only needed water and had pebbles
on the bottom, so basically she said
"Oh the fish would look great in this
vase with the plant!" and the next day
it had said goodbye :(

Shadowedfire_Wolf
*^_^*
Send a message via AIM to Shadowedfire_Wolf

Old 04-15-2009, 05:49 AM

so just a random place to come talk and get carrots.

I'm down with that. I would like to get all of the rares for once. I think I may have gotten all of the xmas ones...not sure. I wanted all the valentine's day ones but that didn't happen so *sad face*

xSad_Eyesx
*^_^*

Old 04-15-2009, 06:01 AM

yup...just another
place to talk random
stuff and collect some
gold and carrots.

I want to get at least
my own personal set, since
it is my first event.
Was it hard to get the
valentines event items?
or did you just run out
of time?

Connielass
Queen of Nutcases

Old 04-15-2009, 06:09 AM

Finding #4 wasn't that hard at all.
But I think I'll keep saving my carrots until they're all out.

zeapear
How's Annie?

Old 04-15-2009, 06:14 AM

the event items are really cute

Gaara_Silent_lover
⊙ω⊙
Send a message via AIM to Gaara_Silent_lover

Old 04-15-2009, 01:49 PM

>.<

Hollywood
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 04-15-2009, 05:53 PM

Morning, everyone!!!

yar im pocky
pocky

Old 04-15-2009, 06:34 PM

Hi, every one. The event is cool.

DistortedBrwain
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 04-15-2009, 06:36 PM

bah the third bunny is not showing for me eventhough I am on the right page. Anyone else having the same problem? =O

Hollywood
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 04-15-2009, 07:13 PM

all my bunnies are showing up no problem! They play peek-a-boo at the bottom of the page, so just keep checking!

DistortedBrwain
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 04-15-2009, 07:15 PM

Like how long will it take for them to appear. for clue 4 I saw it pop up just barely so i could see it, and click, for clue 3 it just doesnt ever pop up at the bottom of the page, even if I look at it for over a minute.

I am thinking that the obvious place, the place where everything is stated that you need to know how to behave to stay out of trouble here, isnt the right place I am looking. ><

If it is not, can anyone give me a hint?

Kidalanna
*^_^*

Old 04-15-2009, 09:20 PM

Hello, peoples. ^^

Edit;;
@DistortedBrwain

According to some other person, it takes around ten seconds for the bunny to appear at the bottom of the page.
As I've observed, there seems to be multiple places that state how to behave. I don't know if I'd be breaking event rules by listing them all. o.o
Which place are you looking? [If you're allowed to tell me.]

Last edited by Kidalanna; 04-15-2009 at 09:27 PM..

[Ogin]
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 04-15-2009, 09:57 PM

Can't wait for the 5th item to come out! :]

fly_man
⊙ω⊙

Old 04-15-2009, 10:06 PM

I need carrots too. I only have like 2.50 right now cause I got a bunch of stuff.