roocee
(。・ω・&...
Send a message via AIM to roocee Send a message via MSN to roocee Send a message via Yahoo to roocee

Old 08-03-2007, 01:12 AM

Oooo, smoked salmon is so yummy.

Mama Juru
Why you crying?
Assistant Administrator

Old 08-03-2007, 01:25 AM

Yes smoked salmon is yummy! I used to work part time for a seafood store in a mall in Seattle and when the boxes got dented they deemed them unsellable so we would get to take them home. I'd sit with my daughter and we would just sit and eat it on crackers. Sooo good.

roocee
(。・ω・&...
Send a message via AIM to roocee Send a message via MSN to roocee Send a message via Yahoo to roocee

Old 08-03-2007, 01:46 AM

Yes it's great doing that.

Chi
Dancing to her own beat..
Penpal

Old 08-03-2007, 02:46 AM

*stalks Cami* I sent you a huge PM. >_>;

Mama Juru
Why you crying?
Assistant Administrator

Old 08-03-2007, 04:20 AM

I'm so lost. I have no idea where to start :shock:

*plops down on the couch*

Chi
Penpal

Old 08-03-2007, 01:08 PM

Trial mod! Excellent, Juru! ^_^ Congratulations!

Aliena
(^._.^)ノ

Old 08-03-2007, 01:10 PM

You'll do great, I know it!

Chi
Penpal

Old 08-03-2007, 01:12 PM

Hi Aliena! How are you doing?

roocee
(。・ω・&...

Old 08-03-2007, 01:25 PM

You will do an excellent job Kat. Congrats to you!!! We certainly are on our way to purkle domination!!!!

siaasgn
(。⌒∇⌒)&...

Old 08-03-2007, 01:27 PM

:P Congrats on the trial modship Juru! I'm sure you'll be good at kicking butt ;)

Aliena
(^._.^)ノ

Old 08-03-2007, 01:36 PM

Oh, sorry about that, Chi! I jumped out of the thread. I'm doing very well this morning. It's my husband's birthday so I'm thinking today will be pretty nice - how about you?

apricotbaby
\ (•◡•) /
Send a message via ICQ to apricotbaby Send a message via AIM to apricotbaby Send a message via MSN to apricotbaby Send a message via Yahoo to apricotbaby

Old 08-03-2007, 02:18 PM

Hello everyone! Hope all is doing well and that you enjoy your day/weekend! *snuggles*

jellysundae
bork and means

Assistant Administrator

Old 08-03-2007, 02:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roocee
You will do an excellent job Kat. Congrats to you!!! We certainly are on our way to purkle domination!!!!

Shush, don't want Josh to realise what i'm up to :wink: :lol:

siaasgn
(。⌒∇⌒)&...

Old 08-03-2007, 02:29 PM

Good morning.

Anyone have any fun plans for the weekend?

So far the only plans I have are to go to the farmer's market on Saturday (we go every week during the summer) and that's about it. :)

Chi
Penpal

Old 08-03-2007, 02:46 PM

@Aliena
My turn to apologize now. I slipped away too. ^^ Happy birthday to your husband!
Right now my fiance and I are waiting to see if the company shuts down (only temporary, until this Red Tide mess gets situated), or if we have work today. If we don't, we're going to get groceries and stuff.

@Sia
I'm not sure what we'll do. Our weekend plans were kind of shot due to work, but I do know we'll get groceries eventually. xD
We'll probably hang around here and do some gaming or something. I don't really know yet. :3
A farmer's market sounds lovely!

siaasgn
(。⌒∇⌒)&...

Old 08-03-2007, 02:54 PM

hehe - yeah - I love this farmers market.

I can get local organic veggies, local organic meats (lamb sausage, scrapple, bacon, pork chops etc.), local organic eggs, local organic cheese, fresh breads, and when it gets to apple season local apple cider.

It's a really small market - only 5 farmers sell their wares - but almost everything I need is there. Only thing I wish I could buy there but can't is milk - I still have to go to the co-op to get milk and a few veggies that aren't in season yet.

Chi
Penpal

Old 08-03-2007, 02:55 PM

What's scrapple? All I can think of is sausage and apples. o.o

roocee
(。・ω・&...

Old 08-03-2007, 03:02 PM

I was going to ask that very same question Chi.

I love going to our local farmers market as well. Things are just so much better quality.

siaasgn
(。⌒∇⌒)&...

Old 08-03-2007, 03:46 PM

I forget that scrapple is a Philadelphia area thing -

I copied the description from wikipedia - it's easier that way

Quote:
Scrapple is a savory mush in which cornmeal and flour, often buckwheat flour, are simmered with pork scraps and trimmings, then formed into a loaf. Small scraps of meat left over from butchering, too small to be used or sold elsewhere, were made into scrapple to avoid waste, a Pennsylvania Dutch tradition.
You fry it up and I like mine with ketchup. The inside is mushy and if it's cooked right the outside is a little crispy . . .really yummy. I love it with scrambled eggs, sometimes I'll get a scrapple egg and cheese sandwich on a long roll with ketchup form the truck at work.

Mama Juru
Why you crying?
Assistant Administrator

Old 08-03-2007, 04:31 PM

I have to say that the description of scrapple makes me NOT want to eat it. I imagine it is good though, it just... sounds...gross. :P

Chi
Penpal

Old 08-03-2007, 04:38 PM

Scrapple sounds so unhealthily HEAVENLY!! I wanna try it sometime. xD

apricotbaby
\ (•◡•) /
Send a message via ICQ to apricotbaby Send a message via AIM to apricotbaby Send a message via MSN to apricotbaby Send a message via Yahoo to apricotbaby

Old 08-03-2007, 05:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by siaasgn
I forget that scrapple is a Philadelphia area thing -

I copied the description from wikipedia - it's easier that way

Quote:
Scrapple is a savory mush in which cornmeal and flour, often buckwheat flour, are simmered with pork scraps and trimmings, then formed into a loaf. Small scraps of meat left over from butchering, too small to be used or sold elsewhere, were made into scrapple to avoid waste, a Pennsylvania Dutch tradition.
You fry it up and I like mine with ketchup. The inside is mushy and if it's cooked right the outside is a little crispy . . .really yummy. I love it with scrambled eggs, sometimes I'll get a scrapple egg and cheese sandwich on a long roll with ketchup form the truck at work.
hehehe We have it up here in Northeastern PA, too. I've never tried it, but a friend of mine in high school lived on a dairy farm which also butchered pigs and they would make it fresh all the time. Kinda gave me the willy nillies, but I imagine if I tried it now I'd probably like it since I'm more adventurous. <3

siaasgn
(。⌒∇⌒)&...

Old 08-03-2007, 05:16 PM

Haha - yeah - pretty much anywhere there is influence in food from the Amish you'll find scrapple - I've even gotten it down the Jersey Shore - but I think that's because almost all of Philadelphia spends the summer down there.

The description doesn't make it sound very good - but it is really yummy (in my opinion). It's definitely not something to eat every day - it's an occasional breakfast treat. :lol:

apricotbaby
\ (•◡•) /

Old 08-03-2007, 05:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by siaasgn
Haha - yeah - pretty much anywhere there is influence in food from the Amish you'll find scrapple - I've even gotten it down the Jersey Shore - but I think that's because almost all of Philadelphia spends the summer down there.

The description doesn't make it sound very good - but it is really yummy (in my opinion). It's definitely not something to eat every day - it's an occasional breakfast treat. :lol:
sia... I'm interested in what your favorite place for cheesesteaks in the city is. Mine is (and forever will be) Pat's. Have you ever tried it there?

siaasgn
(。⌒∇⌒)&...

Old 08-03-2007, 05:36 PM

I know I had Geno's - I was not impressed. Don't think I have made it back to that area to go to Pat's.

I personally like Jim's on south street - Dalesandro's in Roxborough is pretty good too.

I actually usually go to one of the food trucks on Drexel's campus for my cheesesteaks - for $5 I can get a steak, soda, and chips. :)