Ayreiya
*^_^*

Old 10-23-2009, 01:44 PM

I lost my grandfather four years ago to pancreatic cancer. we were faced with the realization that it was incurable. My grandfather was the father of nine children, 5 boys and 4 girls. He was married to a wonderful woman who is still alive today. However i lost another member of my family to the same cancer. My uncle, my mothers brother, husband to my aunt and father to three children. This time though we knew what to expect. Regret is poem i wrote for my grandfather this morning. I miss him dearly. I was very lucky to have known him, but i wish i had spent more time with him.

Regret

Four years ago he passed away,
Another cancer patient,
A father to my mother,
A grandfather to me.

The father of nine kids,
Five boys and four girls,
The husband of a great woman,
All left behind.

A man with many stories to tell,
Who had made his way through life,
Who struggled through hardship,
And made a wonderful family.

Now i feel regret,
That i never took the time,
To sit down and talk,
With my mothers father.

I treasure a gift he gave,
Melted glass from the railroad tracks,
A simple gift to a little girl,
A reminder to a grown woman.

I miss him now and i always will,
The man who gave me my mother,
The man who was dearly loved until the end,
My grandfather.

The gift i talk about is something i will treasure forever. A large piece of melted glass that he found on the railroad tracks. This is a memento of my grandfather that i will always have. A piece of him with me always.
I used to think that my grandfather was one of those people that would always be there, that i had all the time in the world to talk to him. I realize my mistake now. I deeply regret not spending as much time as i could have with him.

iinsanely Sane
*^_^*

Old 10-23-2009, 08:29 PM

Its beautiful, I loved it. Usually I dont like non-rhyming poems because it takes a lot to keep it flowing, but that was terrific! (:

Ayreiya
*^_^*

Old 10-24-2009, 03:14 AM

THanks. I really liket his one but i am hesitant to show it to my mom. Because it is a touchy thing.