Mageling
Mostly void, partially stars

Penpal
Send a message via AIM to Mageling

Old 08-06-2017, 11:15 PM

Vanessa hummed to herself as she picked her way along Route 26. She'd headed home to Saffron City for a while, once she'd beaten all eight of the Kanto gyms, and now she was headed out towards Johto to do the same. She knew she could take the Magnet Train to Johto, of course, but where was the fun in that? Her bag was slung comfortably over her shoulders, and five of her team in their pokeballs were secure on her belt, with only one hanging on a cord around her neck.

When she came upon the entrance to Tohjo Falls, she paused for a while to check her things and make sure she was ready to brave the Falls and cross into Johto.

Phoenix of the Immortal
(・・^...

Old 08-07-2017, 02:52 AM

Amaya hummed to herself lightly as she made her way through Route 26, glad that she was finally able to get a break from having to fight Team Rocket for a while. Seriously, just because she had a Shiny Umbreon did not mean that she was going to give it to them! 'What are they, stupid?' she thought to herself before making her way to the entrance of Tohjo Falls. Checking her gear, she was glad to see that it was in functioning order.

Looking up, she saw a familiar blonde ponytail and navy coat that was similar to her own. "Hey, Vanessa!" the brunette shouted as she made her way over to the girl.

Mageling

Penpal

Old 08-07-2017, 11:00 PM

Vanessa jumped a bit when she heard her name, and turned around. She grinned when she saw her friend.

"Amaya, hey," she said, grinning. "What brings you out this way?"

Phoenix of the Immortal
(・・^...

Old 08-07-2017, 11:12 PM

"The fact that there are no members of Team Rocket around" Amaya answered in response, grinning lightly. "What about you Vanessa? What brings you to the bridge of Johto and Kanto?" she asked, curious.

Mageling

Penpal

Old 08-08-2017, 12:01 AM

Vanessa grinned.

"I figured it's time for me to head out to Johto and take the gym challenge," she said. "And it's no fun taking the train out of Saffron, that's just too easy. So Tohjo Falls it is."

Phoenix of the Immortal
(・・^...

Old 08-08-2017, 12:17 AM

"Definitely not fun being in a sardine box where if one little thing goes wrong, then you're dead" Amaya nodded in agreement. She was definitely not fond of those death traps, not in the slightest. "Wait, you plan on taking on the gym leaders in Johto? I almost feel sorry for them, especially with your team of psychics."

Mageling

Penpal

Old 08-08-2017, 12:30 AM

"I don't mind the train," Vanessa said, with a shrug. "It's just not the way I want to get to Johto the first time." She pulled Starmie's pokeball off of her belt and grinned. "I definitely plan on taking on the gym leaders. Maybe after that heading out to another region, for their leaders."

Phoenix of the Immortal
(・・^...

Old 08-08-2017, 12:40 AM

"I'm not getting on one of those death traps anytime soon," Amaya scowled. "Evil thing those are..."

Mageling

Penpal

Old 08-08-2017, 01:27 AM

Vanessa rolled her eyes.

"There's nothing wrong with the Magnet Train," she said. "Just because you aren't used to it doesn't make it evil." She grinned. "Anyways, come on, if you're coming with me. I've got waterfalls to climb and a region to annihilate."

Phoenix of the Immortal
(・・^...

Old 08-08-2017, 02:01 AM

"I thought I told you about the time I almost died on a train..." Amaya replied somberly. "And someone has to keep an eye on you when your psychic's run into trouble," she added teasingly.

Mageling

Penpal

Old 08-08-2017, 02:09 AM

"Me run into trouble?" Vanessa asked, snickering. "You're the one with the oddly-balanced team. My psychics are all half-types, they can handle anything."

Phoenix of the Immortal
(・・^...

Old 08-08-2017, 02:16 AM

"I still get the same results that you do with your psychics though," Amaya said with a grin as she caught up to her.

Mageling

Penpal

Old 08-08-2017, 01:52 PM

"One of these days, we will face off, and only one of us will come out on top," Vanessa said as she took her shoes and jacket off and stowed them in her bag. Her bag was waterproof enough that they would be fine until she got through the Falls. Strapping her bag securely across her back, she stood at the edge of the water in her bathing suit and shorts. Then she glanced at Amaya. "You going to come with me?"

Phoenix of the Immortal
(・・^...

Old 08-08-2017, 06:10 PM

"And no matter who the victor is, I'm sure the fight will be fun and that there will be no hard feelings no matter the result," Amaya replied as she placed her shoes, socks and jacket into her bag, glad that it was waterproof.

"I'm coming, I'm coming, dont get your panties in a twist," she teased.

Mageling

Penpal

Old 08-08-2017, 10:40 PM

"Well, come on then," Vanessa said, grinning. She released Starmie into the water, and the pokemon flashed its jewel at her in greeting. Vanessa waded into the water and grabbed on.

Phoenix of the Immortal
(・・^...

Old 08-09-2017, 12:32 AM

Amaya laughed as she saw her friend playing in the water. "Think I can do that with Glaceon?"

Mageling

Penpal

Old 08-09-2017, 01:18 AM

"I don't know, can you?" Vanessa teased as she let Starmie tow her into deeper water. "We're going to have to go up the Falls and down the other side, if Glaceon can't, do you have one that can?"

Phoenix of the Immortal
(・・^...

Old 08-09-2017, 01:24 AM

"Blaziken can carry me on land if Glaceon can't in the water," Amaya replied before letting Glaceon out of her pokeball.

Mageling

Penpal

Old 08-09-2017, 02:39 AM

Vanessa raised an eyebrow.

"The only way through here is to go up and over the Falls," she pointed out. "There's no dry route through Tohjo Falls, that's the whole point. You either have to have a water type take you up the waterfalls, or maybe there's enough space at the top to fly over, but the only way is across water somehow." She'd read about Tohjo Falls before coming out, to make sure she was prepared for it, so she had a decent idea of where she was going.

Phoenix of the Immortal
(・・^...

Old 08-09-2017, 03:10 AM

"Oh...right," Amaya said with a light blush, especially since she had forgotten about that little detail. Turning to Glaceon, she pointed to Starmie and Vanessa. "Think you can do that for me girl?" she asked the eevelution.

The Glaceon thought about it for a few seconds before giving a confirming yip. If the pokemon was able to learn the Surf HM with ease, then it could easily ferry the human female that was her trainer. Turning around, she waited for Amaya to get into the water.

"Alright alright, I'm coming!" she said with a light giggle before getting into the water not minding the temperature of the water.

Mageling

Penpal

Old 08-10-2017, 12:09 AM

Vanessa grinned and nudged Starmie towards the waterfall. Time to brave the Falls. It was a bit of a fight, but Starmie managed to tow her up to the top, and they stopped in the relatively calm pool at the top to wait for Amaya.

Phoenix of the Immortal
(・・^...

Old 08-10-2017, 12:35 AM

Amaya and Glaceon watched in awe as Vanessa and Starmie climbed up the waterfall, whistling lightly in appreciation. "What do you think girl, can you do that too?" She asked, waiting for an answer from the Ice pokemon. A few seconds later, she gave several yips of her name and started making her way towards the first waterfall. Amaya took the yips as Glaceon requesting her to hang on.

A few minutes later and Glaceon was up the waterfall and in the relatively calm pool similar to Vanessa, though there were some close calls on some of the larger falls but Glaceon was able to brave them all.

Mageling

Penpal

Old 08-10-2017, 01:05 AM

"Down is the easy part," Vanessa said, grinning a bit once Amaya got to the top. She nudged Starmie on, and the two disappeared down the second waterfall. Vanessa shrieked in delight as they fell towards the bottom pool.

Phoenix of the Immortal
(・・^...

Old 08-10-2017, 01:15 AM

"Gla-?" Glaceon asked, wondering if her human was going to do the same thing. Nodding, Glaceon let out a sigh before letting her human guide her to the downward falls. Making sure Amaya was holding on tight while not choking her, she went over the falls, ignoring the screams coming from her human trainer and hoping that they made it down the falls alive.

Mageling

Penpal

Old 08-10-2017, 01:27 AM

Vanessa was already at the shore again by the time Amaya caught up.

"That was fun," she said, grinning. She recalled Starmie and clipped the ball back onto her belt.