WitheredInnocence
⊙ω⊙
Send a message via AIM to WitheredInnocence Send a message via MSN to WitheredInnocence Send a message via Yahoo to WitheredInnocence

Old 05-17-2007, 01:23 AM

Rules

1) Literate to Advanced players ONLY
2) This will be run like a table top might. The GM starts you off with a setting and NPCs, players post, GM posts, etc. How many player posts happen between GM posts will depend on the situation.
3) I'm strict about posting deadlines. If I set a deadline that a character sheet or post must be submitted by, that's the end of that discussion unless you have given me forewarning that you won't be around. If you miss a deadline to post, your character will either be written out of the story permanently, or I will write them out so that they may be brought back later.
4) I expect good punctuation and spelling from everyone.
5) Keep all OOC in the OOC thread, and all IC in the IC thread.
6) No meta-gaming.
7) All my rules are in place for a reason. These should not limit the amount of fun you have if you're truly a literate to advanced player. Let your imagination take you where it will.
8 ) Have fun!

This is a game based in a fantasy world. HOWEVER, this is not fantasy in the traditional sense. There are no elves, dwarves, etc, so please do not ask to play one. All characters are to be humans, and while they can have some special ability, do not push your luck. Magic does exist in this world, but as the average person hasn't been trained to use it(if they're even capable of wielding it in the first place), they will not be overly powerful/controlled.

Characters can take just about any role as long as they are common people, ranking no higher than perhaps the lowest of nobles, not even high enough to be land holders. You can be anything from a ranger to a farmer to a barkeep in a tavern, the choice is yours and the possibilities are endless.

Please keep in mind when creating and playing your characters that evil is an unknown thing in Fanoria, it's quite literally a foreign concept to these people. Thus the concept of stealing, raping, etc is all unheard of to them. Any characters submitted with this idea unless I say otherwise will not be accepted until edited.

If you are interested, please say so here. Do not, however, post character sheets here until I have an idea of what you plan to play and I give you the OK. I do not want people's character sheets to get lost in misc. posts here.

The IC thread can be found here

WitheredInnocence
⊙ω⊙
Send a message via AIM to WitheredInnocence Send a message via MSN to WitheredInnocence Send a message via Yahoo to WitheredInnocence

Old 05-17-2007, 01:29 AM

Background

The lands of Fanoria have for generations been a relatively peaceful place, with only minor skirmishes and battles, often quickly settled. Ruled over by Emperor Marthus I, a man rumored to be not only powerful, but immortal. Unbeknownst to most in the empire, their lands were only safe and peaceful thanks to the efforts of this great man. Everything seemed normal, perfect in the lands of Fanoria.

When a mysterious winter began to settle over the edges of the empire, creeping in from all directions toward the heart of Fanoria, the people were not immediately concerned, thinking it just an early coming of the seasons. But when changes began to come over the land, the once tall and majestic forests of the northern realms becoming dark and twisted places. Crops began to wilt and die, the grounds suddenly becoming infertile and dry.

The normal creatures of the land began to become sickly and diseased, sometimes rabid things. They've begun attacking people at random, spreading diseases, etc.

And then the actual winter came. Blizzards unlike the land has seen since before the time of Marthus, when the empire was still a group of small kingdoms battling constantly have swept in, killing plant and animal and person alike, showing no mercy and leaving in their wake three to four feet drifts of snow. Hale the size of grapefruit pelt the land, tearing through thatched roofs and battering people unlucky enough to be caught in the storm.

What is happening to Fanoria? A winter like this has never been seen in the time of the people who now live, even the eldest can not remember weather like what they are experiencing. Experienced hunters, rangers, druids, and other such wild people are bewildered by the animal life taking this bitter turn. And now strange occurances are being reported, people claiming that strange creatures and mysterious figures have been seen prowling the land, especially at night.

Are you brave enough to attempt to solve this mystery? Are you ready to journey into the cold dark and attempt to seize the truth and return Fanoria to it's former glory?

WitheredInnocence
⊙ω⊙

Old 05-17-2007, 01:30 AM

Name:
Weight:
Hair:
Eyes:

Build/Looks:

Profession/Class:

Personality:

Background:

WitheredInnocence
⊙ω⊙

Old 05-17-2007, 01:32 AM

Accepted Characters

RovingMercenary
*^_^*
Send a message via AIM to RovingMercenary Send a message via MSN to RovingMercenary Send a message via Yahoo to RovingMercenary

Old 05-17-2007, 05:20 PM

Mmm, so this is what you've set up. Not half bad...

wispytearz
\ (•◡•) /
Send a message via AIM to wispytearz Send a message via MSN to wispytearz Send a message via Yahoo to wispytearz

Old 05-18-2007, 01:39 AM

It's sounds like a really good idea, but humans only? T_T
I'll try to come up with a character but I can't guarantee I'll be able to make one that will hold my interest.

WitheredInnocence
⊙ω⊙

Old 05-18-2007, 04:46 AM

lol making the characters humans only is where the challenge comes in.

RovingMercenary
*^_^*
Send a message via AIM to RovingMercenary Send a message via MSN to RovingMercenary Send a message via Yahoo to RovingMercenary

Old 05-18-2007, 04:55 AM

Yes, that it is.

Because there are too many vampires, elves, half-dragons and the like.

wispytearz
\ (•◡•) /
Send a message via AIM to wispytearz Send a message via MSN to wispytearz Send a message via Yahoo to wispytearz

Old 05-18-2007, 02:39 PM

You can never have too many Vampires ^_^

WitheredInnocence
⊙ω⊙

Old 05-19-2007, 10:51 PM

We're still looking for people for the game! Anyone interested?

Wintermalice
(-.-)zzZ
Send a message via AIM to Wintermalice Send a message via Yahoo to Wintermalice

Old 05-30-2007, 02:17 AM

I'll join in!

Alegretto
\ (•◡•) /
Send a message via AIM to Alegretto Send a message via MSN to Alegretto

Old 05-30-2007, 01:50 PM

Oooh, lovely. I'll try and get a character in gear tonight.

Wintermalice
(-.-)zzZ
Send a message via AIM to Wintermalice Send a message via Yahoo to Wintermalice

Old 05-30-2007, 06:42 PM

I LOVE YOUR SIG PIC!

WitheredInnocence
⊙ω⊙

Old 05-30-2007, 06:44 PM

Well I'm certainly more than willing to run the game, if we can get two more people interested. Ideally, having four player characters and the GM running the NPCs and their own character is fine.

Mama Juru
Why you crying?
Assistant Administrator

Old 05-31-2007, 07:49 AM

Hmm... I don't know if I would be considered literate since I know my punctuation often sucks and I post walls of text sometimes :oops: but I'll play if I can.

I'd have to think on a character though. :)

WitheredInnocence
⊙ω⊙

Old 05-31-2007, 03:46 PM

You're definitely considered literate in my eyes, dear... considering the posts you manage to put up in the Zombie thread.

Mama Juru
Why you crying?
Assistant Administrator

Old 05-31-2007, 08:54 PM

LOL! Yes, I'm wordy. I can't help it. I start typing and then off I go :) For my character I'm thinking of possibly a child who is an orphan. Parents froze to death or got killed in a hail storm or something and has been on his own for a while and surviving.

Yumi Mei Flower
(っ◕‿◕)&...
Send a message via Yahoo to Yumi Mei Flower

Old 05-31-2007, 10:29 PM

I'm incredibly interested in playing! should I post a character sheet? I usually base my character off of my avatars but they are only based that doesn't mean they actually are my avatars...

WitheredInnocence
⊙ω⊙

Old 05-31-2007, 10:44 PM

Hooray! That's four people. If everyone could fill out their character sheets based on the form I provided, and PM them to me along with a sample of your writing(juru and winter don't have to worry about it, as I see your writing everyday on my other thread, lol). I will work with you on getting your characters sorted out and ready for the game, and when those are ready I'll get you all started posting on the IC thread.

WitheredInnocence
⊙ω⊙

Old 06-01-2007, 03:27 PM

I'm putting up an update on the first post in the rules section, as I've noticed that I forgot to mention this part of things there.

Yumi Mei Flower
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 06-01-2007, 06:53 PM

Name: Amani Abrisham
Height: 5'4
Weight: 120 lbs.

Hair:
Her Hair is a drak midnight black that she wears long and draping over her shoulders. Some days when performing tasks for the Master of the house she will pull her hair back with a tie.

Eyes:
Strangely her eyes are not characteristic of the people of her heritage. Instead of the genetic Dark brown eye color they are a hazel Amost green.

Build/Looks:
Amani comes from a people in what was the warmest part of Fanoria. This race of human tended to be smaller darkskinned people. Their olive tanned skin is accompanied by pitch black hair and dark brown eyes. Amani carries all these traits except that her eyes in a rare case are green.
Amani is a small slender girl due to the years negelct she recieved while being passed through the slave trade. However after being bought and taken care of emmensly she put some meat on her bones, though she never completely recovered.

Profession/Class:
She is now a freed slave. The master valued her very much, which in most cases a slave would not be let go, but her master was a very kind nobleman and believed that she could be so much more affectionate and human if she owned her own humanity. Now she works on the old masters staff in his household.

Personality:
Naturally Amani is a rebel and an underdog however after living years as a slave she learned obiediance and how to keep her mouth shut. She shys away from starting trouble, now, more often than sticking up for a cause. Amani constantly wars with herself on wether to be oppinionated and blunt or just to keep quiet and let everything pass.

Background:
Amani was born on a warm coast in Fanoria four years before the war of her people with those further inland off the coast. Before the war Amani was royal to her people, however at the end of the war her people lost and were taken as slaves. She grew up with slave traders for the next 5 years until she was nine years old. Once she was nine she was sold to a nobleman amongst their people. There she was raised with the kitchen slaves and never saw the master. But on her 15th year of age by coincedence her and the master had met. He was smitten by her beauty and cared for her greatly for the next few years. Amani, However, had never felt anything for the old man and the master decided that if she had gained her freedom from him perhaps she would come to love him. Now Amani has her freedom she works on the old masters staff for a small wage and still lives in his home, yet she still can feel nothing for him.

((Hows this?))

WitheredInnocence
⊙ω⊙

Old 06-03-2007, 01:03 AM

uhm... maybe you didn't read the updated rule I added that I even posted a notice about as a regular post? Evil is a foreign concept... thus things like slavery and such wouldn't exist. And Fanoria is an empire, not the entire world... its rare that there would be any different "races" of humans there. Perhaps regions might have different colorings, but the place isn't so massive as to have entirely different races.

Also, I stated in my very first post on here that if you fill out a character sheet, it needs to be sent to me in a message, not posted here. No offense, but I hope this lack of reading and keeping to the rules is not something that's going to be a habit.

Yumi Mei Flower
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 06-04-2007, 06:12 PM

Fine forget it... And no I hadn't rwad the update I hadn't noticed there was one. I read the rules several Times however as well as about the place. But forget it. bye.