MistWater
⊙ω⊙

Old 11-11-2011, 12:02 AM

Meanwhile Katina was in the kitchen now making a pot of coffee as she knew it would be impossible for her to fall back to sleep at this hour. She wouldn't be able to drink the full pot, but figured the adults would want some later once they'd woken up a bit.
She wasn't in the mood for breakfast this early in the morning so she only waited for the coffee to brew before heading outside herself, travel mug in hand after having dressed her coffee cappuccino deluxe style. Her other hand contained a book which she had to place under her arm as she reached for the key she used to enter her secret part of the garden. With it being late the night before, however, she'd forgotten to lock it and wondered if anyone was there.
Shrugging the thought aside, Katina sat by her favourite tree and began reading. It was no ordinary book she was reading either...

Kia_
(◎_◎;)
Banned
Send a message via Yahoo to Kia_

Old 12-05-2011, 12:04 AM

@MistWater: I am sorry its taken me this long, I didn't mean to put this off for a long time. Holidays right after my birthday do suck. Again I apologize.

Some of the workers started whispering that Damien was up rather early and where was Katina without him? Then again you couldn't keep the two of the together for more then ten minutes without a glare appearing. Damien looked around, the workers were the only ones he saw, however, he did hear someone under the tree that he and Katina had sat at before. He didn't know who it was or why they were there, however, it didn't make him think of Katina. While the workers went back to their work, Damien then used that chance to turn on his cloaking/inivisibility that would last for a short time. He turned back into the cat climbing up the tree after running there. He realized that it was just Katina reading, however, the book she was holding seemed a bit odd as he tried to read from the branch he was on in kitten form. At least with being a cat, things would seem closer than they really were.

MistWater
⊙ω⊙

Old 12-05-2011, 02:21 AM

((I know what you mean. My own birthday is pretty close to the holidays as well. Except sooner. By a month at least. And now with Christmas around the corner, work is getting hectic. So much that I've actually been passing out on the couch early in the evening right after getting home from being so tired.))

Katina hadn't heard the workers talking despite being so close as they walked by, noticing nothing. Not even her as she seemed to blend right into the shadows. Or so she figured must be the case with them as she glanced up just in time to see them vanish beyond the other trees. A lot of the workers weren't very bright nor observant, but were hard workers so that was usually a good upside. Especially for her parents who hired them.
As soon as she figured they were gone back to work elsewhere and that no one was left behind, Katina resumed reading the book, unaware of someone else being right above her head, watching. She hadn't even heard nor saw the branch move as something climbed it, being too focused on reading. The page she was on had the section printed at the top, having passed the section page already. This method of reading was helpful in case she had to put her reading on hold for another day. Sometimes weeks later if she got busy enough. This way she'd remember where she was and what she was studying unlike other books where only the section pages and nothing else on the other pages would be shown, having to backtrack.

~Gaining Your Own Angel Wings Later In Life~ was what the page said there. It was so embarrassing for her to be nearly an adult and without her wings. Even more so when she'd been disallowed to participate in the coming of age ceremony exam. The exam of her life!

Kia_
(◎_◎;)
Banned

Old 12-05-2011, 06:24 AM

(I don't have work unless you count cleaning the house, cooking, and babysitting my brother each day with overtime on the weekends. I don't usually get paid for that though, I don't work so it kind of takes over my rent with my parents. How old are you going to be?)

Damien watched with curiosity in his eyes. He couldn't help but wonder why she didn't have her wings and yet others had. Why hadn't the princess had her wings yet, nothing made sense. He wanted to interupt her by jumping down or speaking up, but, he didn't think that would do well with startling her as she read this book in secret it seemed. Jumping down from the tree, he ran off changing back into his demon self, they were similar in a way. She hadn't yet had her wings, he had yet to get have his true nature shown. Then again he purposely avoided it, knowing he would take over his father's kingdom, which in that case he didn't want. Damien made his way through the gate in his human body form and walked over under the tree towards her "So this is where you are" he didn't look at her, but, around to the sun shining through the trees.

MistWater
⊙ω⊙

Old 12-05-2011, 07:33 AM

((I work every weekday. Sometimes weekends if someone calls in sick. In that case I'll usually be working the night shift, cleaning up after customers. That's how retail is...
I have no one to look after but myself, my cat and my own rent.
As for age, I'm officially a quarter century old as of two weeks ago. I really don't seem like it...))

Katina was startled anyway as the cover of her book was exposed. She quickly shoved the bookmark in and shut the book before hiding it under her skirt, feeling quite embarrassed and hopeful that no one had seen it. "Wh-where else would I be? Besides my bedroom..." It was the window seat she loved in there. Usually only used for those rainy days, however, but helpful during night time, too, when given the chance.
Katina calmed herself down and made sure the book was well hidden before answering to the familiar voice without looking up at his face. "What brings you here? Have our parents requested you find me?" Her snobbish tone had returned again, only as a cover up for the book, however, as she figured she was needed elsewhere. Despite them getting along the night before, there still wasn't much of a change between them. Nor improvement. But somewhere inside her was saying she probably needed or even wanted company by this time.

Kia_
(◎_◎;)
Banned

Old 12-07-2011, 12:39 AM

(I never cared for my age, I'm 21 and I look 16 still :P Surprised a patrolling cop car hasn't stopped me asking if I should be in school :P)

"No they have yet to awaken. I do believe it is time for a bit of adventure, care to join me?" Damien had this sort of free wild hike to go on. To get them both to relax, she was reading yes, but, maybe she might care to join him "I am going either way, but, it is much better with someone else with you than being alone" at least around this time it would be.

Damien used to leave the palace at home and cause all kinds of trouble, of course he would be stuck with fixing it later or his father would, but, it was always well worth it. They didn't need horses or other creatures or humans to be around them. They would just need the experience and adventure as it would also take them away from her palace and guards along with their family which would be doing something wedding wise most likely. "Or you could stay and try on wedding dresses your mother and my own will pick out, making you feel like a rag doll" they could adventure out to the forest or even just explore the city with different looks.

MistWater
⊙ω⊙

Old 12-07-2011, 04:26 AM

((Yeah. I don't care about my age either. I also don't look my age. Around 16 as well. :P))

Katina had thought it was later than that as she'd been reading for a while. "You like adventures, too? Where to?" She'd gone on a few herself in the area, but hadn't covered everything yet.

The city was usually the only adventurous place she could go within walking distance, but she'd go farther distances when she had the time. In between her duties anyway. It was fun. Just walking around observing everything around her. She never caused any trouble however, but sometimes people in the town would cause trouble for her and she became nervous about going to the city ever again. But now... After hearing the part about the dresses...

Katina made a face. "Ick... Anything they pick out has to be old and ugly-looking. They're probably the same ones they wore when they got married..." She stood up and placed the book in the hollow tree she was leaning against for later reading. "Let's go before they wake up."

Kia_
(◎_◎;)
Banned

Old 12-07-2011, 04:39 AM

"Wherever I can go to get away from them" meaning his parents that is. Damien listened to her, he knew that she would probably look good in any dress, let alone a wedding dress. He was secretly looking forward to seeing that. But, maybe something more of her style, older things just were...well old really. "After the drinking our fathers did, I'm sure they won't wake up for awhile, at least not mine" Damien smiled adding "Why don't we change real quick, it would be odd to be seen this way. Wouldn't it?" besides, he could change into something more comfortable. Then Damien heard his father yell out along with hers as they yelled together for their children "DAMIEN!" "KATINA!" "Uh on second thought, maybe we can change on the way" Damien scooped her up as their fathers walked out with their mothers in tow, the fathers you could tell WERE drunk. Damien took off running really quick as he stopped about a couple miles away. He was trying to catch his breath.

MistWater
⊙ω⊙

Old 12-07-2011, 04:58 AM

From the tone of their voices, Katina could tell the men were drunk and drunk men secretly scared her. She didn't want to be near anyone who was drunk like that. "Yeah... I'd rather be elsewhere than here with my parents. Especially now after the father had been drinking so much..." Katina fought the urge to squeal accidentally as she was suddenly picked up and carried. "How would we do that exactly? Unless there's a place with stalls nearby..." She wasn't about to change in front of him. Nor would she want to watch him to change in front of her. The thought of changing made her think of the dresses again somehow. She'd try them on for the mothers' sakes, but wouldn't guarantee she'd like them. Her thoughts were interrupted as she noticed how heavy Damien was breathing after all the running. "Are you going to be okay?" This would be a good time for her to know how to fly, she thought while cursing herself at the same time. Why was it so hard?!

Kia_
(◎_◎;)
Banned

Old 12-07-2011, 11:43 PM

"Don't worry about it..." Damien spoke and added "As changing wise, there is a old couple out here we helped along the way to your kingdom, so they should be more than willing to help us" Damien spoke, though it wouldn't be fashionable clothing, it would be something more of simple and plain, probably form fitting for both of them since they had children and teens, not adults. "Shall we walk there?" Damien asked sitting her down making sure she had her balance first.

MistWater
⊙ω⊙

Old 12-14-2011, 06:09 AM

((Sorry for the late response. I got the night shift at work and it's really busy this time of year. Was quite tiring...))

"Helped, huh?" Katina always thought demons like him wouldn't care to do such things as help someone. Unless he was forced to by his parents... She would have had fun teasing him about it had she not seen his kinder side as of recently. Kept her quiet. "Sure sounds like fun." She enjoyed walking the most.
The clothing she was wearing now was getting quite boring to her so something casual would make her happier. She could fit teen clothing as well, depending how tall/big the teens were. She was of small build with long legs which made her trip often. However, as he set her down feet first on the ground, Katina kept her balance after her let go with no problem.

Kia_
(◎_◎;)
Banned

Old 12-21-2011, 01:47 AM

(Nah its cool I understand, its December and quite very very busy over here as well)

Damien walked her towards the people's house "If they say you look like their children or something about the children, take it into a compliment or just be nice back. They've lost alot since some of their children left the house." Damien spoke and saw a house out about two miles away in the middle of a farm like area with a lake near. "There they are, their names are Martha and Wayne Stuart, quite nice" Damien doesn't remember, however, he was actually related to the older couple.

MistWater
⊙ω⊙

Old 12-21-2011, 07:46 AM

Secretly Katina was getting annoyed at being told how to behave and nearly shouted out her feelings, but let the words slide after she heard the names. They sounded familiar to her, but she couldn't place them. Had they been associated with the castle somehow in the past and she had few memories about it being so young then? Or was it something else? She had no idea.
The annoyance returned and she responded back. "I think I know how to behave in front of others whose children have moved out. I'm not all that dumb, you know. Despite being born to a blonde." He wouldn't have known that as her mother used Henna to dye her hair red frequently. After her little outburst, Katina calmed herself down as they approached the house and tried to think of her first statement. Introductions first obviously, but after that... Katina wasn't used to talking to people in general so this could be hard for her.