Akstar
\ (•◡•) /

Old 11-11-2007, 04:01 AM

I hope that I have more luck here than when I tried this twice on Gaia and had either no one even bother to give it a try or had a few but died within a day, also OOC comments of advice would be very nice for someone who hasn't done forum rps all that much let alone for a very long time participate in the rp forums. I've mainly worked with one on one stuff via private messages. First thing I want some suggestions for is a title for this rp, I went brain dead for the title..^^;
Rules-
1. Keep this PG-13
2. No CYBERING!!
3. Be semi-Lit no chat speaking, some of us want real words.
4. NO god moding a char(which would include moi, less I have to if some idiot didn't read this rule to get them out)
5. No impossible to conceive chars(i.e: Angelic/demon/dragon/human that is a child of a god/goddess, sorry if that made no sense but I'm just asking for at least characters that don't seem to over powering)
6. Have fun with it

Setting:

This is a city, Hazil that sits atop a lake, known as Luve, with four roads to and out of it. The north road goes into mountains. The south road leads into forest. The east road leads out into level feilds where small farms dot them. The west is known as the main trade route since this one connects this city to a more humble town, Azail. The distance of all four paths is about a days walk. Many of the inhabitants of Hazil or either human or half-elf, though elves are not uncommon to see they are few that live in the city. Other common races are scarce most preferring the town of Azail or to the farms. Religion is quite open so many of the faiths of their respected races can be practiced here. However in Hazil, you have more formal places of worship. Out of all the possible places travelers could stay in, there are one place of note: The Wandering Fish, it is probably one of the most friendly places to go on your travels due to how many people are up to keep guests happy. There is enough room for a quarter of the city (of about 5000) to sleep in. It is also the oldest one in the city of Hazil, it is even rumored to be one of the first buildings to be built here.
Both are under the ruling thumb of Maiss, an average built human whose family has kept rule of the city and town for generations. However his heir has gone missing in recent weeks. He has asked people who think they can find the heir to bring him back for a reward.

A short note: there is a sub plot if anyone is interested in it, just ask in OOC.

Now to the RP:
The notice of the missing heir was everywhere in the city and town. Travelers couldn't help but notice them. That was why he was there, not only for reward but the possibility of spending it on books. However the notices never spoke of what the reward was. It could be money or an item or something either for worse or better. He thought it best be wise to keep his black hood up. Because of his race and hair he would end up with a crowd following him. As he passed by people he was apparently shorter than most, being only five foot three. He was holding on to one of the many notices and was looking back down at it. As he walked the cloak moved enough so one could see the dark gray part of it. What he wore was a bit strange. It was a set of leather armor with metal plates at the knees and elbows.

Akstar
\ (•◡•) /

Old 11-11-2007, 04:21 AM

(another bit on my end)
A voice suddenly asked him in his mind,'why do something like this in the first place?' it had a sharp tone to it. The male replied back to this voice, 'what better to do, get chased around because of you some more?' There was silence after that. 'That's what I thought,' the male felt he had won that argument that barely started. He had to put that aside in his mind to think of where somebody would take a person around this land.

LanyaD
⊙ω⊙

Old 11-11-2007, 05:33 AM

Along the street the man was walking along sitting at the edge of a wall a rug spread out beneith her sat one of the many denzians of the city. head bent low over knuckle bones with runes etched on them. she was telling anothers future. perhaps she could be telling the person where the missing heir was. since it was the news that was buzzing about the place. Silver hair hung over her face, she was probably an old hag. but her hands that were clearly visable had no wrinkles, they were smooth, the hands of a young person. Raising her head she spoke softly to the person across from her. a blue cresent moon was tattooed on her forhead, the markings of a witch in the area. A gold coin was handed over as the other figure then stood up and left. everyone had to make a living.

Akstar
\ (•◡•) /

Old 11-11-2007, 05:38 AM

The sight of people going and leaving a figure sitting caught his attention and walked over there to investigate what was going on. The voice was back,'Could be just a beggar you do realize that?' The male sighed in his mind,'Then why would people sit down to a beggar?' He returned his attention to what was in front of him.

LanyaD
⊙ω⊙

Old 11-11-2007, 05:49 AM

She looked up at him. "Tell your future for a gold." She said with a warm smile. "Antadotes and cures for sickness. but you dont look sick, but you do look like you have a question. maybe i can answer it."

Akstar
\ (•◡•) /

Old 11-11-2007, 05:52 AM

"I assume you have been asked about the heir by many people, am I correct?" He asked as he sat down. He dug inside his cloak to where he had money. 'You really going to go for this kind of thing Mill?' the voice sounded more annoyed this time. 'Yes and what is it to you?' Mill tried to make the reply short so he didn't look too odd to the woman before him of looking out of it for a second.

LanyaD
⊙ω⊙

Old 11-11-2007, 06:10 AM

She laughed slightly covering her mouth with one hand and then waved him off with the other. not having seemingly noticed the man talking to himself. "Im sorry i can't tell you where he is. i can only see the futre of people ive met. i can tell you if you will run into him or not, so as not to waste your time looking or not." She offered.

Akstar
\ (•◡•) /

Old 11-11-2007, 06:14 AM

He found a gold piece, "Couldn't hurt to give it a shot." He held it out to pay her. 'She's going to tell you no,' The voice was really starting to annoy Mill, he did his best not to reply to that, though saw a physical twitch of his body.
(going to bed, latter)

LanyaD
⊙ω⊙

Old 11-11-2007, 07:12 AM

She took the coin putting it away with the others and offered him a seat before she picked up the knuckle bones and jingled them around in her hands before letting them fall back down onto the mat. she looked them over closely decifering what they said.

"What you seek you wont find here. your destiny lies westword. possibly in the next town. theres a man who... who holds death but not yours. you will need his help. to find what you are looking for. what you are seeking doesnt wish to be found or is being very well hidden." her eyes had glazed over but now returned. "If you're going west mind if i tag along? i was on one of the trade wagons but they kicked me off on account of... well nevermind." she waved if off as she picked the bones back up.

Akstar
\ (•◡•) /

Old 11-11-2007, 06:08 PM

"Ah, so not as bad as I thought it was going to be, and sure you can come along," Mill was happy to have another person with him, even if it might be short. It was better than the company he did have. 'What are you thinking! You just met her and she gave you just a clue and you want her to tag along?'The voice did not like this idea at all. 'Nailo, please just trust her,'Mill closed his eyes for a second trying to keep himself calm.

LanyaD
⊙ω⊙

Old 11-11-2007, 08:31 PM

"Yay" the young woman said enthusiasitcally. gathering up her things and packing them all away into a large pack that looked about as big as she was. rolling up the mat she tied it to the top of the bag before hoisting it all onto her back. "Oh by the way my name is Sage. whats yours?"

Akstar
\ (•◡•) /

Old 11-11-2007, 08:39 PM

Mill nodded at the name,"I am Mill."(yay brainfart)

LanyaD
⊙ω⊙

Old 11-11-2007, 08:47 PM

"well then Mill shall we be off?" She was terribly cheerful for someone who had no home for the time being.

((hehe))

Akstar
\ (•◡•) /

Old 11-11-2007, 09:06 PM

(I have to leave shortly as I think I posted on your thread)
Mill nodded, to him he felt that Sage was just happy to have company. Though he could be wrong to.

LanyaD
⊙ω⊙

Old 11-12-2007, 12:15 AM

Together they would weave in and out of the crouds of people milling about the street. as they made their way to the gates out of the city and westward toward the next town. It seemed the palace guards were already searching the whole of the city and she seemed to be eager to leave.

Akstar
\ (•◡•) /

Old 11-12-2007, 04:37 AM

And the thus the westward traveling began.
(yikes lack of thought, but hey trying not to fry over last minute Geometry can do a lot to the mind)

LanyaD
⊙ω⊙

Old 11-12-2007, 09:22 PM

((hehe i dunno if i can work with that.. hnmmm))

It seemed a while before they made it to the gates of the city. people were being checked as they left the city. but not comming in. if the prince was still in town they wanted to catch him before he left the city completely.

Akstar
\ (•◡•) /

Old 11-12-2007, 11:57 PM

"I forgot about the checks, oh well, I shouldn't have worry, you though?" Mill had looked from the checkers to Sage.
(I've had worse things than brain fries from math)

LanyaD
⊙ω⊙

Old 11-15-2007, 05:31 AM

She tried to shrug under hte heavy pack she was carying but it only appeared she was shifting the weight. "We will find out then wont we."

Akstar
\ (•◡•) /

Old 11-15-2007, 11:22 PM

"I guess so," Mill started to head to the checkers. He could understand the need for them, but he thought that they tend to make things worse at times.

LanyaD
⊙ω⊙

Old 11-17-2007, 08:43 PM

She was under the same oppinion of the check point. Following along behind him she hoped to get through without any of her things being confiscated. they were nothing more than bullies as far as she was concerned. a hand moved into her pocket clenching something.

Akstar
\ (•◡•) /

Old 11-17-2007, 09:46 PM

(out of lack of wording...)
They soon found themselves with the checkers, hoping for no complications.

LanyaD
⊙ω⊙

Old 11-17-2007, 10:34 PM

((meh gotta love the brain farts.))

She of course was stopped the guards wanting to search her pack, as if it were possible to stuff the heir in there and sneak him out of the city. of course being a witch anything could have been possible. even one of limited power had the ability to cast an illusion spell. the situation only made worse by the fact she was not cooperating. "Get off my bag." she yelled at one of the guards backing away and holding the straps tightly. "An injustice wanting to take a look at the secret crafts of a witch. i should turn you all in to toads!" she shouted raising what would appear to be an amulet with a jewel in her hands. with the threat. weather it was possible or not for her to do just that was unknown.

Akstar
\ (•◡•) /

Old 11-17-2007, 11:02 PM

Mill turned at the commotion,"Oh joy," He about to try to help break up a potential fight. 'I told you didn't I?' The voice was back with a know it all sound. 'Defiantly not now, Nailo,' Mill had to make the response brief.

LanyaD
⊙ω⊙

Old 11-17-2007, 11:22 PM

"I'll do it. I swear I will turn you all into toads." She yelled. this pf course would start to gather a croud as the guards paused wondering if she were bluffing or not. keeping the amulet raised high she began to mutter an incantation as she edged her way out of the city.