Vieko
⊙ω⊙
Send a message via MSN to Vieko

Old 01-07-2008, 03:26 AM

<Val>
::He took the bottle without another word at this, and promptly tipped it against his lips. It didn't look like he drained it of what little there was left. But when he'd drunk a mouthful, he handed it over to Li, hardly looking at him.::

Have the last drink, lest I shall feed it to you. ::He cast a sideways glance to Li, with a sleepy sort of warning that was not overly jubilant, but not threatening either. Simply stating a fact.::

::Then he turned back to the sky, not able to close his eyes anymore for the time being, he simply lazed.::

CK
Crusher of Dreams
Assistant Administrator

Old 01-07-2008, 03:49 AM

<Li>
::he took the bottle with another crinkled smile:: I wouldn't want you to have to do that, Captain. ::it wasn't quite a laugh, but it was a friendly close::

::his eyes stayed on Val's face except for the actual moment he closed them to sip. when he finished the bottle, he released a sigh of contentment and reached over Val to place the bottle (with a tipsy sort of conviction that that is where it goes) on the other side of Val's hip. he flopped back on the sand next to Val, not-quite-touching::

........ ~3~

I am sorry I did not respond as enthusiastically to this idea of yours as I should have when you proposed a new year celebration. It was a wonderful idea, Captain. ::he spoke this while looking at the sky as well. he was quite cheerfully content::

Vieko
⊙ω⊙

Old 01-07-2008, 04:31 AM

<Val>
I know. ::He replied, all-knowingly, clearly regardless of whether he was aware he was actually all-knowing or not, or if he just made that up.::

Whatever would you do without me. ::It was a flat statement that bordered on passive sarcasm but sarcasm that was impossible due to the state he was in. And Val was never really sarcastic anyway. So he just sounded nonchalant.::

::He ignored the motion when Li replaced the bottle on the sand next to him, simply taking his hat and resting it at his head. From the way he was lying on his back against the sand, he couldn't very well put it on properly, so he just sat it against the ground and the top of his head, sufficient indication to say that he was indeed wearing it. And watched a shooting star.::

CK
Crusher of Dreams
Assistant Administrator

Old 01-07-2008, 04:59 AM

<Li>
::though the question didn't seem to have been asked with true curiosity, Li regarded it seriously as he watched the stars::

::after being silent for awhile - perhaps nearly long enough for Val to have forgotten he'd said anything - Li answered the question::

Without you, Captain... I would likely do just as I did before I met you: sail about the oceans, buying and selling and smuggling. And then more and more frequently, perhaps, make more raids upon the family urns. Stupidly recklessly, no doubt.

The family would catch me sooner rather than later, for I have not your luck. ::he continued rambling, his voice low and thoughtful. but with a heavy influence of the alcohol, for he rarely spoke of his family at all, much less at length like this::

If they were gracious, perhaps they would simply drug me senseless for the rest of my life. :) But more likely, they would not take the effort this time. :)

::he closed his eyes now:: ...And that is what I think... ::slightly slurred::

Vieko
⊙ω⊙

Old 01-07-2008, 05:13 AM

<Val>
::He pointed a finger at the sky and released the safety with his thumb, narrowing one eye as he aimed his imaginary gun for some unwitting star in the distance.::

Of course, ::he replied, in a carelessly drunk manner aswell:: You'd be dead. Ahaha. ::it was hardly what you'd call a laugh, but Val here felt that again, he should be laughing, since he'd obviously made a joke, but couldn't bring himself to. So it sounded rather weak, if anything at all::

::he dropped his hand without firing. And chose to turn to Li with a renewed look of contentment. How truly content it was, however, was unconfirmed, because Val seemed to have stirred up some sediment with his unwitting phrases that might have done far different than relax him. But we'll never know for sure.::

X3

CK
Crusher of Dreams
Assistant Administrator

Old 01-07-2008, 05:29 AM

<Li>
Mmm. ::Li made a sleepy sound of agreement, but cracked an eye open at Val's odd 'laugh'. he hesitated while he thought, considering Val's expression.::

::if he were sober, he would have in some way pursued that which lay submerged under the contentment. but as he was not, he didn't because he couldn't get a proper grip on each thought that occurred to him. of course, if he were sober, he probably wouldn't have said much of anything that would have provoked this line of conversation in the first place...::

Perhaps we should make our way back to the ship. I insist you take the bed tonight. ::he reached up and patted Val's cheek. a rather unusual move on Li's part, to make physical contact at all. but he seemed to feel the need to comfort Val, and Val was a very physical person::

Vieko
⊙ω⊙

Old 01-07-2008, 05:54 AM

<Val>
::Val blinked when Li touched his cheek, because it was unusual.::

Perhaps.

::But he took his time in scrambling to his feet. And if Li was going through with the action, he'd kick sand over the fire and scoop up his jacket. If Li had any more precautions to take, Val stood a few feet away from him once he himself was ready, and half turned to him with an "Are you coming?" expression in his eyebrows.::

::Val more or less held his tongue for most of this time.::

CK
Crusher of Dreams
Assistant Administrator

Old 01-07-2008, 06:38 AM

<Li>
::blearily, Li got to his feet and assisted half-heartedly in kicking sand over the fire. then he dusted sand off of his clothes and slipped his hands into his sleeves again::

I think the ship is that way... ::he started to point the wrong direction, but caught himself by swinging his finger in the proper direction as if it were his intention to do it like that the entire time:: >_>

::and he headed that way, only slightly swaying. he didn't speak unless spoken to. in fact, he outright ignored the calls of a few sailors as they passed other ships on the way to the Esperanza. They were merely looking for a reaction, not conversation and when they got no rise out of Li or Val, they turned their cat calls and shouts to others on the pier quickly enough.::

::Li gave a nod to the men on duty guarding the Esperanza's gangplank and made his way to the captain's cabin. there, he undressed behind a screen, pulled on a robe and determinedly made his way to the hammock and into it, where he collapsed with awkward grace::