AkuRoku_xox_SoRiku
(-.-)zzZ
Send a message via Yahoo to AkuRoku_xox_SoRiku

Old 09-28-2010, 07:54 PM

Writing a Memoir
We decided to move to California because of my mom. It was the best and worst thing that happened to me. When I think back on it, I regret moving. I wish we'd stayed in Arkansas, but oh well. I first learned we were moving about a month or two before sixth grade ended.
I was in Oakdale Middle School, home of the patriots. I found out on the weekend and on Monday morning, I broke the news to my morning table. That table included: Skylar Ray Fortna (My best friend since 2nd grade), Darian Perkins (An eighth grade football player), Tiffany Maples (Skylar's friend), Tony (Darian's best friend), and Jayson Price (Skylar's friend).
We were all good friends and I had to tell them, "Well guys, I'm going to move to California this summer." I announced when the table finally got quiet, "Sure BB, that's what you say every year." Skylar said amused, "No seriously Sky, we're actually packing already." I said in defense. Almost every year since I had met her, my mom would say that sometime during the summer we would move to California, but we never did. Not until now that is.
"So you're really moving this time?" she asked seriously this time, "Yes Sky, I'm really moving." I said sadly. I had truthfully pushed the matter slightly, but at the time I didn't realize how much I would regret that decision. Her face displayed sadness but she tried to sound upbeat, "I'm going to Miss You." she said sullenly, "I'm going to miss everyone." I said. After that, everyone began their previous conversations as if I hadn't said anything. Those made me feel as if they wouldn't care.
In sixth grade I admit I wasn't popular. I was below unpopular, nobody really liked me, but I had my special group of friends. They were as close to me as sisters, they were: Cortnie Rae Chaple, Skylar Ray Fortna, and Kristan Young. They were closest; I was also close to Crystal Perkins, Jayla Ewert, and Samantha Volsted. They would care.
Two months later, after school ended, during summer vacation, we packed everything up. All that was left were our beds and some select furniture. It felt depressing, watching everything be shut up and put away, but we were moving, moving across the country and away from my whole life.
We were being uprooted, and torn away from our home, but we were to make a new home. In a new state, a different culture practically, with new people, new personalities, and all our family. That was why we moved, to be with family. The family we had in Arkansas wasn't enough, they didn't care for us. We weren't rich and snobby like them; they disregarded us as if we were trash.
And soon, as if time had flown, it was the day before we left. Luckily, we were able to have our friends over for the last time, to say goodbye forever. I cried when Cortnie couldn't come, it saddened me to my core that I couldn't whisper my last goodbye and hug her until neither of us could breathe. But I said my heartfelt goodbye over the phone, before we shut it off.
The day of the slumber party, I went to work with my dad, at the Marina Cafe. It resided on Beaver Lake, floating by a boat rental. Towards the end of my dad's shift, I was playing Sims2 Pets for the Game boy Advance, and I couldn't wait to get home. Skylar, Crystal, and Kristan were already at my house, waiting for me.
Eventually we got home; I was greeted by hugs and sarcastic comments. That night we laughed and played around. At bedtime, we lay in the two queen mattresses in our bedroom. Nine girls lay together. Me, Skylar, Crystal, Kristan, Mari, Eszy, Sage, Jade, and Jessica. Me, my friends, my sisters, and their friends, we shared our final night in Arkansas together.
After the younger kids had fallen asleep, including Crystal, Kristan took out a bag of gummy sharks. She passed them in even proportions between her, Skylar and me. We ate in silence, "I'm really going to miss you guys." I said, tears in my eyes. Kristan hugged me in silence, I hugged her back. After Kristan, I turned to Skylar, she had tears in her eyes too, "I'm going to miss you, you're my best friend." she cried, we hugged each other, crying and sullen for a long time.
Eventually, we all fell asleep, and were awoken by my mom. She brought us all breakfast cheeseburgers from Mc Donald’s. We ate hungrily and helped as much as we could with loading the truck. Oh how I hated that truck, the huge noisy monster scared me.
Soon Kristan's mother came to get her, I didn't cry, but I felt sorrow fill my mind. Kristan hugged me to no end until she had to leave.
Eventually, all who were left were Jessica, Skylar, and Crystal. Around noon, Skylar's mom, sister, and brother came to get her. I hugged all of them, even her brother. It surprised me when I did hug him, he and I weren't that close. Sure we played Pokémon together and talked sometimes but we were never really friends. None the less, I would miss them all, and that would cause a rift in my first school in Moreno Valley.
Soon, much too soon for me, she was gone. My final day with her was gone. Soon after, the truck was full and ready to go. Crystal was last to go, but fortunately we drove her home. The ride to her house was silent, only the radio played softly as we drove. My mind was reeling, “What was California going to be like? Would the schools be different? Would I make new friends? Would they be like my friends here?” I asked myself. Unable to answer, I left it alone.
Eventually we were at her house; I walked her to the door. I looked at her, “I'm gonna miss you Crystal.” I said sadly, “I'll miss you too.” she replied. I hugged her tight until she had to go inside. Her door shut quietly and I walked back to the car.
When we got home, they were finishing up loading up the truck. Only a few more things and then we can leave.
To be truthful, I was kind of excited about the move, a new place, new people, who wouldn't be? My stomach was full of butterflies. I didn't want to leave, but I also couldn't wait to go.
Finally everything was all full and we were ready to go. We were leaving dad behind with the van to work out his season at the cafe, I would miss him. My mom got in the truck and we climbed in next to her, Mari first, Eszy in the middle, and I sat pressed against the door.
I rolled down the window, “You guys remember to call whenever you can.” my dad said, “We know dad, I love you!” I said in a sad monotone, “I love you too.” I hugged him through the window, “Okay let's go.” my mom said.
And we were off, down Olive Street and to the gas station first. I saw Alex, a friend of mine, walking down the street, I waved a sad goodbye.
When we were at the gas station, my sisters and I talked about how it would be, what it would be like to live with our uncle, we hoped it would be fun. When mom got back in the truck, we took off on the freeway, on to California, on to somewhere we would all regret.
~*~*~*~*~

----------

Gender Bender
Bryauna POV
I sighed as I turned over; sleep was slowly releasing its comforting grip on my mind. Eventually, I opened my eyes and blinked at the sudden brightness, I glanced at the clock, “Oh god.” I sighed; it was two in the afternoon. I sat up and stretched a cat-like stretch. For once in my life, I didn’t feel the normal cramp or two in my abdomen “That’s a bit weird, oh well, no cramps for me.” I thought. My feet hit the soft brown carpet as I stood up, I stretched again and wrapped my arms around my chest, “Wait a sec… WHERE THE HECK ARE MY BREASTS?!” I thought angrily. Anger and confusion pulsed through my veins as I walked to the bathroom.
What I saw surprised the hell out of me, my hair (thank god it was still dark brown) was much shorter, and shaggy, it hung low in front of my eyes, “At least my hair is cute” I thought again, although, my facial features had hardened, my eyes had become… sharper, and kind of dull. They too were still a dark chocolaty brown. My breasts were obviously gone, as were my curves, but my ass was still intact.
Slowly, I took off my shirt. One, to get dressed, and two, to check out my new body, surprisingly, I had a nice body, not too muscley and not too thin. I didn’t bother to take off my boxers; I really didn’t want to know what that part of me looked like… at least not yet.
Done looking at my new body, I walked into the closet and came to a dilemma; I have no dude clothes, “Shiz.” I muttered, I grabbed my black t-shirt, at least it’s just a plain shirt, “Darn, I’m gonna have to wear gym shorts, “Oh well, when I look gay, maybe Shay will recognize me.” Finally, I was dressed, I walked out into the living room, mom sat on the computer (as always), and “Oh shiz muffins!” I thought, “Good morning baby doll, sleep okay?” she asked as she spun around in her chair, “Uhm, yeah…” I said, my voice was much deeper, her eyes widened, “Yes! It worked!” I stared at her in confusion, “I hired someone to make you into a boy for a day, I overheard you saying you wanted to be one and so I did.” She explained, my face contorted in anger, “Mom!! Why? Couldn’t you have told me? Then maybe I wouldn’t have been surprised when my boobs disappeared!” I yelled, she laughed like a hyena.
I stomped off into the kitchen in search of food, none was to be found, “Oh well, maybe Shay will be outside.” I muttered softly. Suddenly, my phone went off, ooh I got a text from Shay, speak of the devil, “Come outside” is all it said, “Well she’s in for a surprise.” I laughed.
I made my way to the door, nervous as hell, and butterflies in my stomach, the door opened slowly with a squeak, the heat hit me like a force as I stepped outside. Down the porch I walked, finally I saw her sitting at Kristen’s house. “Why the hell do they have to be so far away?” I asked myself.
Sooner than I wanted, I was behind everyone, and I mean everyone, including Courtland, Joey, all the guys, and Shayna, “Thank god Blake’s not outside.” I thought happily. I tapped her on the shoulder, “Hey guys.” I greeted in my new deep voice. Everyone stopped talking and looked at me in confusion, “You’re cute.” Shay said in her I’m-so-weird-and-straightforward voice, “OH MY GOD SHAY!!! THAT IS SO GROSS!!!!!!!!” I yelled in hysterics, my best friend just called me cute!!! Everyone stared at horror at me, “Excuse me, what’s wrong with me calling you cute? And how the hell do you know who I am?!” she asked me with attitude, “Well duh, It’s me, Bryauna?” she stared at me in shock, as did everyone else, “My mom paid someone to turn me into a dude for a day.” I explained quickly, “Ooh, like that day we were walking and you told me how awesome it would be to be a guy?” she asked, “Uh, something like that, yeah.” I said.
She grinned deviously, “Oh okay,” she turned to everyone else, “Hey guys, this is still Bryauna, her mom turned her into a guy for today” everyone busted up, “Right okay, so what are you gay now?” asked Joey annoyingly, “No shiz Sherlock, I’m still me, I’m just in a dude’s body.” I retorted uncomfortably. He laughed as I grabbed Shay and ran to my house, “Dude, this is serious, I don’t know how to pee!! And it was so weird when you called me cute.” I whisper yelled, she grinned, “Well ask one of the boys, or would you rather I ask Blake? And you really are cute Bry.” She laughed, “If you get Blake I will murder you.” I announced venomously, she laughed at me, “I’m serious man, and I have to PEE!!” I shrieked, she busted up, “Shut up Shay! It’s not funny!” I yelled, but she took off towards Blake’s house, “NO!! You suck monkeys!!” I screamed as she rang the bell
I ran up next to her as Dustin opened the door, “Yeah?” he asked, “Hi Dustin, is Blake here? Our friend has a problem.” She said teasingly, I glared at her, “Yeah sure, hold on… Blake!” he yelled inside, soon he came to the door as Dustin went back inside. I had to keep myself from checking him out as Shay said, “Hey! Well Bry got turned into a guy and she needs some help on how to pee.” She giggled, I glared at her again, “Shay I swear to God I’m going to kill you!” I spat out, Blake looked at me, “You’re Bryauna?” he asked, skeptical, “Err... yeah… mom thought it would be funny to turn me into a dude.” I said sadly, he laughed
“Oh shut up, it’s really not funny.” I spat, he laughed again, “Well, so you need to pee?” he asked, barely getting the words out as he laughed, “Yeah…” I whispered, “You know you can just sit down right?” he asked, “No… wouldn’t your junk touch the water?” I asked, he blushed, “Unless you’re really long, no, it wouldn’t.” I blushed, “Okay, thanks, uh, I’m going to go now.” I said quickly as I ran inside.
“Thank god that’s over” I said as I shut the bathroom door. Life is full of adventures, hopefully I can survive today.
The End

----------

~Chapter One- Beginnings~
My alarm blared as I rolled over and slammed it to shut it up. Today I start my Pokémon journey. Kristan, Shayna, and I were going to travel the Johto region together, gathering all 8 badges and catching all Pokémon. Together we would be the top three trainers in the world. I had been planning this day since I was seven, my starter Pokémon would be Cyndaquil, the fire type Pokémon. Shayna would get Chikorita, the adorable grass type and Kristan would get Totodile, the water type.
Quickly, I got dressed in my usual outfit. Red and white bandanna, black and white gloves, red and black polo, blue shorts and my red and yellow tennis shoes. My mom waited for me downstairs, "Good morning honey, here's your pokégear. Professor Elm brought it over a while ago. Are you ready to meet up with Kristan and Shayna?" she asked, "Yes mom, we've been planning this for three years now." I said in exasperation, "Okay okay, I was just asking darling. I mean this is your big day! You go out alone into the world, and you get to choose your very first Pokémon!' she gushed as I ran out the door.
"Thank god I escaped." I said as I walked across the grassy field to meet the girls by the professor's house. I saw Shayna standing with her little brother, Marth. I ran up to them, "Hey shay, hey Marth! What's up?" I asked, "Waiting for Krissy." Shayna answered, "I wanna go sissy!! Take me with you!" Marth whined as he started to cry, "I love you sissy." he whimpered. His cuteness was getting to me, I pouted at the thought of him missing Shayna, "Marth, you can't come baby, you’re too little and it's just going to be Bry, Kris, and me. You still have mommy." Shayna said, "I'm going to miss you sissy." Marth whimpered.
Finally, Kristan walked up, "Sorry guys, mom held me up, she wanted me to fix my hair." she laughed, I grinned at her, "its okay Kris." I said while hugging her. She and Shay also wore their normal outfits. Shayna wore her hair in a side ponytail, her short tank top hung loosely over her ribs, stopping just inches below her breasts, and she wore her short jean shorts with her red suspenders. To top it all off, she wore her favorite red and white sneakers, "You know Shay, if I didn't know you, that outfit would still be perfect for you." I said as she grinned, "Thanks.", "No problem." I said as I smiled at her.
Krissy stood beside Shayna, she looked uneasy. Her long honey blonde hair hung loose down her back, stopping at her waist. Atop it lay her white and pink hat, paired perfectly with her short, dark pink skirt. She wore her sleeveless, blue and black tank with her blue legwarmers. Her pokégear sat in her yellow bag, and her white and pink shoes glistened in the sunlight, "Kris you look so cute! Did you go shopping for those clothes recently?" I asked, "Actually my dad got it for my in Goldenrod City." she said quickly, "What? Lucky! I can't wait to see the department store there!" I gushed, she laughed.
"Anyways guys, I finally got rid of Marth, so let’s go before we're late." Shayna said, we both nodded, "Yeah, c'mon Kris, let's go." I said. Butterflies attacked my tummy as we got closer to the automatic doors of Professor Elm's lab. The doors made a quiet bell sound as they slowly slid open; I took a deep breath and held Kris and Shay's hands. Together we walked in, "Ah, good morning girls. I've been waiting for you, come here so you can select your Pokémon." Professor Elm said warmly, quickly I gained confidence and felt better with each step towards the three red and white pokéballs.
After what seemed like forever, we stood before the table. The balls glistened brightly, as if anticipating being chosen each had a different symbol. Shayna chose the first ball; it had a leaf symbol, signaling that it was a grass type. Her eyes shone with happiness, "Pokéball... go!" she yelled as she released her Pokémon. The light dimmed and revealed Shayna's new Chikorita. Its bright red eyes locked on its new owner, "Chika...?" it said, walking towards Shayna. She bent down and pet its head, "Hiya Chikorita!" Shayna quipped as she fed it a treat, "Where did you get that?" I asked incredulously, "My mom, she made some for her Mr. Mime and gave me a few." she explained, "Oh, lucky." I said.
Kristan chose the middle ball, it had a water drop on it, signaling a water type, "Oh I love water types." she said happily, "Pokéball go!" She said. Bright red light shone and disappeared to reveal her new Totodile, "Oh my gosh it's so cute!" she said excitedly as she bent down to greet it, "Hi there! I'm Kristan!" she said to the small Pokémon, it looked at her nervously until it nudged her hand in greeting, "Professor Elm, how do you know if it's a girl or a boy?" she asked, "Well, that I don't know. But, what I do know is that both Totodile is a boy and both Chikorita and Cyndaquil are girls." he answered. Kristan nodded as she continued to play with her new Pokémon.
While Shay and Kris played with their new friends, I slowly grabbed the last pokéball. I turned it over in my hands, admiring the red and yellow flames that decorated the front, telling me that inside was a fire-type. I already knew it was Cyndaquil, the fire type, "Pokéball go!" I yelled, quickly the Cyndaquil appeared, it was the cutest thing I had ever seen, "Quil?" it seemed to ask as it ran towards me, "Quil." it chirped as I softly pet under its chin, and “You're so cute!" I gushed as it nuzzled my hand.
"Okay, now that you girls have chosen and played with your new Pokémon, I need to speak with you," Professor Elm announced, bringing us from our Pokémon, "First off, here are your pokédexes. They are tools designed by Professor Oak of the Kanto region. They automatically record information about Pokémon you catch." he explained while passing us each one. They were all different colors, mine was pink, Kristan's was blue, and Shayna's was green. We each put them away as he continued, "Right now you have the opportunity to nickname your Pokémon, please do so now."
I thought quickly about what I should name my Cyndaquil, "I'll name her Blueberry." I said as Cyndaquil chirped happily, "Ha-ha it seems as if Blueberry likes her name." Professor Elm laughed as he wrote something down in his notebook, "I'm gonna name her Samiez." Shayna said while feeding her Pokémon more treats, "Okay, and you Kristan? What will you name your Totodile?" he asked, "I'm not going to name him, his true name fits him." Kristan replied quickly, "Okay girls, one more thing, I have something for all of you," he said as he handed us each five pokéballs, "Use those wisely, make sure to weaken the Pokémon you wish to catch first, or give it a health condition, such as poison, then throw the pokéball for a higher catch rate." he explained as we put them away, "I wish you all the best of luck on your journey!" he said as we walked out of the lab.
"Boy that took longer than I expected." I said softly as we stood at the edge of New Bark Town, "I know, I’m nervous as hell though." Shayna replied. We nodded as we took our first step into the tall, dark green weeds. It rustled with each step, striking nervousness into our hearts, "It's kinda creepy isn't it?" Kristan asked as we stood on the middle of the field, "Just a bit Kris but hey, we've got Blueberry, Samiez, and your Totodile to protect us." I said reassuringly. Truthfully, I was scared but I wanted everyone to feel better as we made our way to Violet City.
Violet City was the home of Sprout Tower, where you battle through levels of elders; you train your Pokémon for the first gym leader, Falkner. I looked at the map on my pokégear, right now we were on Route 31, close to Violet City, "Bry! My feet hurt! Carry me!" Shay whined, I sighed, "Get on my back you lazy hoe." I said sarcastically, stopping so she could hop on. Quickly I felt her familiar weight on my back, "Feeling better?" I asked, "Yes thank you Bry, I love you." she sing-songed. I smiled and kept walking. All of us were used to walking everywhere, as there were no cars in our town, and they only sold bikes in Goldenrod City for allot of money.
We came upon the entrance to the city finally, "Okay we're here so get off." I told Shayna, she hopped off, and “Thanks Bry." she said with gratitude, "No problem. You okay Kris?" I asked, turning to look at said girl, "Yeah, I was just thinking." she said as we entered Violet City. We saw a guy in a red jumpsuit, rapping about shards, we laughed as we entered the Pokémon Center next to him. The doors made a loud ding-dong sound as we walked in, "Hello girls! I’m Nurse Joy! How can I help you today?" Nurse Joy asked cheerily, "We just need a room for tonight please." I answered tiredly.
It was already dark as pitch outside, we had been walking all day, "Sure thing, May I have your names please?" she asked, "I'm Bryauna, this is Shayna, and this is Kristan. We're all new trainers from New Bark Town." I answered. She nodded as she typed away on her PC. We sat down on a bench by the door, talking amongst ourselves, "Aright, there will probably be only one double and a couch on the room, since all we can afford is one room. Who wants the couch?" I asked, "I want the bed!" Kris said loudly, "Okay, Shay is you okay with the couch?" I asked Shayna, "Yeah, it's only fair since you carried Me." she answered sleepily. We nodded and waited for Nurse Joy to take us to our room.
"Okay girls, your room is ready for you, just follow me." Nurse Joy said cheerily, awakening us from our drowsiness. We followed her down the hall into a room, "Here's your key, this room is number four." She handed me the key and walked back to the main office.
The door clicked as I locked it, "Okay guys, get ready for and into bed, we have a long day ahead of us tomorrow, full of training and battles." I said. I slipped out of my clothes and slipped a t-shirt and shorts on, "You guys ready?" I asked, turning around to check. Kristan stood in a nightgown and Shayna in a pj set, "Yeah." they said simultaneously.
Kristan and I crawled into bed as Shay curled up on the couch. We had given her extra blankets found in the closet, "Night guys, love y'all." I called out before rolling over and drifting off into sleep.

NiccaWoodStar
*^_^*

Old 12-10-2010, 02:54 PM

It's really nice! There are a few mistakes in grammar and punctuation, but I liked it. :D

AkuRoku_xox_SoRiku
(-.-)zzZ
Send a message via Yahoo to AkuRoku_xox_SoRiku

Old 12-10-2010, 08:14 PM

Thank you :D