Lunna Dea
Lady of Niflheim, Mistress of Sh...
Send a message via Yahoo to Lunna Dea

Old 02-06-2014, 06:10 AM

"now I never said that all I did was work. I feel that this city need me to help it but I do not spend all my time doing cop work." Ragner knew that if he actually told him what he did in his free time he would just get the same reaction that he was getting. every few days he went down into the slums of the city to feed the poor.

"I know what happens to people like that and I really don't want to think about what happens to them."
when he had first joined the force he had wanted to know, he had fought to know. it did not take long though for his want to know to become his want not to know. there were a few times he looked in on some of the odder cases that he had and now he wished that he had not. they fell through the system and disappeared into the darkness that was the system.

"we have tried to get the city to force the owner to tear it down or to force it to be repaired but each time they get the bill on docket someone or something kills it before a vote can be called." He sighed wishing that there was some way they could force it though. "a few of us men would love to just come in here and pull the place down ourselfs."

"we dont know sire if there was two or one in this room." an officer stepped forward and tried to smile. a small look of disgust crept into his smile. "as you know it is hard to find any one that will tell us even the time of day." he nodded to them both before looking back at the scene.

"I dont think any of this is from the ripper."
looking over the scene he sighed. "No Dmitry not all the attacks were indoors. this actually is the first of them that was indoors the rest of them were outdoors."

Sunday Roast
Now with added Yorkshire pudding...

Old 02-09-2014, 06:26 AM

"Then I apologise for jumping to that conclusion. What do you do in your free time then?" It was always good to get to know a future partner, even if they were reluctant to consider him a partner. Dmitry never really had the time to take up a hobby long enough to get into it before being transferred elsewhere.

"There's no harm in knowing what happens to people like that, it shows you care enough to stick your nose in and find out." To begin with he didn't like knowing either, though over the many years he'd just gotten used to it and took it in his stride like everything else.

"Hm. Sounds like someone high up doesn't want this place pulled down and likes it just the way it is." Several types of people sprang to mind though he pushed them away for now, that wasn't what they were there for afterall.

Dmitry looked at the officer and nodded, then looked back to the scene. "I don't think any of it's from the ripper either, though I do find it suspicious that not a single person has stuck their heads outside of their room to see what's going on. Say what you will about them, but in a building like this there is always someone watching and or trying to get a look. It's human nature." He said, casting a glance down the hallway where all the doors were now shut and not a single head was seen.

"Word spreads quickly in enclosed spaces such as this so I'd think it safe to assume that they not only know about the grisly contents of this room, but also the one responsible and even perhaps the victims themselves." Dmitry looked back to the two males. "Which means there's a good chance the one we're after lives here and would also explain the blood from two bodies and yet.. really only enough body left for one." He could smell blood in quite a few different directions.

Last edited by Sunday Roast; 02-09-2014 at 06:31 AM..

Lunna Dea

Old 02-09-2014, 07:55 AM

"you really want to know what I do in my free time?" Ragner raised his eyebrow in questing surprises. he really did not think that Dmitry wanted to know what he did for his free time just wanted to keep the talk going so that they would not have to think about the dead bodies they were going to see. "we can talk about this later if you really want to know."

"it shows that you are ready to have your nose cut off for sticking it where the rich can cut it off." was his dry replay to his comment. he had learned long ago that the dance had to be kept if one wanted to keep ones job and sometimes it was only wise to forget what he had seen and who he had taken in. and if the weird ones were the ones that were disappearing then it meant that it was the government or some rich person that took them.

"that is what I would have guessed if I had been asked about this place." slowly he leaned in as he looked around the area for anyone that might be listening. "If you happen to have a lead on who might be pulling the strings, and if they are doing it on the wrong side of the law we would love to know so we can find a way of bringing them down."

"just because they dont come out does not mean they know the killer. there is a chance that half of these people will be out of the building and on the street in a few nights because of lack of funds. people in buildings like these dont talk to their neighbors for there is no point if you or they are going to be gone soon any whys." he hated to think of all the people here being just one step away from the streets but that was the truth of the matter. no one really carried if they fell through the cracks until they started filling up the streets with their clothes and their bodies.

Sunday Roast

Old 02-13-2014, 06:50 AM

"I wouldn't have asked if I didn't want to know." Though he supposed the other was right, now wasn't perhaps the right time to discuss this sort of thing. "We can talk about that later though, right now I have a promise to keep." He said, meaning the one he made earlier about catching the killer on his first night.

"You're a glass half empty kinda guy, aren't you? If you only see the negative in things then what's the point?" The rich may be able to pull strings when and where they want, he supposed Ragners view on the matter was a reasonable one.

Dmitry chuckled at the males interest in finding out who was blocking this buildings destruction. "I've just arrived in town and.. in this country actually, I know very little about local politics and rich list." The male looked to Ragner as he spoke. "If there was a good enough reason behind it, I could ask my superiors if they knew anything. They have eyes and ears everywhere. But as it is, I'm here for more important matters."

After listening to what Ragner had to say, Dmitry just gave a lazy shrug of his shoulders. "Perhaps, but I like to think of people in a more positive light, regardless of their situation. As I said, they live in an enclosed space and they don't have to know the person personally or even spoken to them, but they'll have met in passing at least once. How likely do you think it is that all of these people live here and don't at least see another resident of the building when they leave their rooms?"

Lunna Dea

Old 02-23-2014, 10:27 AM

Waving his hand to acknowledge that he had heard Dmitry he sighed. some days he wished that people would just not want to know about his life and then there were other days he would happily tell you whatever you wanted to know about him. not sadly to him but it might be to Dmitry he really did not want to tell him what he did. maybe if he wanted to know after they caught this killer he would tell him.

"I am not a glass half empty kind of guy I have just dealt with this building and I know that its going to stand here until some one ether sets fire to it or some health inspector grows a brain and closes it down for good. when we get back to the office remind me to show you all the report files that have been filled on this place only for it not to be dealt with." Ragner was starting to get a bit curt with annoyance at this man not wanting to take what he said at face value. it seemed that every thing he was saying tonight was just getting thrown back in his face as if he was stupid and this man knew everything that he needed to.

"do you know how often I have heard some one say they are here for more important matters? way to damn often." turning to the crime scene Ragner let it be clear that he was done having conversations and if this guy thought that he could solve all the worlds problems then he might as well get to it. because Ragner did not believe that this man was all that he kept saying he was.

"I like to look at people in a more positive light but I know the people here. you saw how they all did not look you in the eye if you caught a glimpse of them. that is how they act around any one here." sighing he thought of all the people he had tried to get to know in this place and the few other places like it around town. "in a place like this you dont want to know those around you or what they look like, because if you know what they look like and see them on TV wanted for something then your lovely little world of safety is shattered. No the people here are to close to the grime to every think they will have some safety if they know their neighbors. I have heard of cases of people that knew each other on the street, you might even say they were friends with each other. they both lived here yet neither of them knew that the other one lived there. this is not a place that breeds friendships or friendliness. its like when you ride a train into work. you may notice some one if they do something so out of the norm that they draw they eye. but you look away quickly and try to forget what they looked like, and some of the time you can."

looking around the crime scene once more Ragner turned as walked out into the hall. "if your done here I would like to be leaving this place." he could already smell the faint hint of weed or some very bad sent coming down the hall. he really did not want to be the one to arrest a person trying to find a way of escaping their painful life. "I would prefer not to talk about all this here at the crime scene. if the pathologist finds anything they will in form us of what they found back at the office. we also have other scenes we might go see. the body's are gone but you might like to see the place."

Sunday Roast

Old 03-02-2014, 10:26 PM

This wasn't getting them anywhere, he'd clearly touched a nerve when talking about this place and there was no point in talking to Ragner about it anymore as it seemed to be too close to home. "But on this occasion, we are here for more important matters. Aren't we? I know the reason I came here was to help you find a murderer that shreds it's victims, not hear the sad story of this building and every one of it's residents. Unlike you I am not from this part of the world so I can see things differently. I can see that my suggesting the killer may actually be in the building has touched a nerve and you refuse to hear it." Dmitry shrugged once more and he too started down the hall. "There's no point being here anymore, I'm not here to argue and I've clearly overstepped the mark."

The male began to retrace the route they previously used to get to their location and paused for a few seconds at the foot of the stairwell to the next level. He could definitely smell blood, a considerable amount and it was coming from upstairs, but he supposed it could be from something completely different. If what Ragner was saying about this place was true, the blood could be the result of any number of things. Sliding his hands into his pockets, Dmitry stepped outside and inhaled a deep breath of the fresh, night air.

"No, let's just head back to the office, I'll have a look at the reports. My things should have been sent over by now, I'd like to see that they've made it over seas in one piece."

Lunna Dea

Old 03-03-2014, 01:28 AM

sighing exasperatedly Ragner rolled his eyes where Dmitry could not see. why had he got stuck with one of those people that could not just leave things be. they had to keep pocking and prodding even when they knew they were in the wrong? They had to keep acting the high ground as if they knew all that went on in the world, even when they said they did not know the area. "yes we did come here for other important reasons. and if you think that you can find the killer then good luck to you." he knew he was being a bit rude but he was getting tired of this man. this was one of the reasons he hated having a partner. they never stopped and listens to what he had to say and just went with what they thought they knew was best. there was no two places that needed the exact same thing. that type of thinking might help with profiling a criminal but it did not help when trying to fix a problem that was forgotten by many.

fallowing Dmitry he hunched his body without thought as if preparing for an attack. he watched the back of Dmitry as he stopped at the stairs and then went down. something the other had noticed had drawn his attention up the stars. sighing he turned to the nearest cop, who flinched as he looked at her. "have they tried questioning the people upstairs?" his voice was more of a growl then a question. she nodded quickly and then started flipping her pages. "have them get the ones that did not answer to answer. I dont care how, something is up." with that he fallowed Dmitry down the stairs and out of the building.

"back to the office you say. I dont have a problem with that." unlocking the car he climbed in and started it up. he was going to have a talk to his chief when he got back if she was there. this man was in no way going to be of any help to him and if something did not happen one of them was going to be dead by the end of the week. He knew which one he would place the bet on being the one dead but something about Dmitry made him think he might be betting on the wrong horse.

Sunday Roast

Old 03-03-2014, 02:00 AM

Over the years Dmitry had had to win over quite a considerable number of partners and he'd a feeling that this one was going to be one of the longest. Rude and stubborn - reminded him of his old Danish partner, the two had butted heads right up until the day he was assigned elsewhere but they had learnt to get along with one another. He had to admit, he really did miss the old coot from time to time, even after all the years. "Don't worry, I'll find the killer and you won't ever have to put up with one of these strange cases again."

Not more than a second after Ragner unlocked the car, the mobile phone in Dmitry's pocket began to vibrate and ring. "Ah, excuse me." He excused himself and stepped away from the car to answer the call. It didn't last long, a minute and half maybe and it's entirety was spoken in the mans native Russian. After he'd hung up, the male seemed considerably more cheerful than he had been moments earlier.

Sliding back into the passenger seat, Dmitry strapped the seat belt around himself and looked to the driver. "My things have arrived and they've finally sorted my accomodation." He smiled as he spoke. "Oh, and both our chiefs are waiting for us." Dmitry hoped that this time around the accommodation would be in a quieter neighborhood, the last street he'd lived on seemed to throw street parties every day and he'd gotten very little sleep.

Lunna Dea

Old 03-03-2014, 02:14 AM

"I never said I Never wanted to have to deal with the strange ones. I just said that I would like a regular one one in a while. " sighing Ragner climbed into the car and waited for Dimtry to get in. why did this man have to keep taking everything that he said and twisted it around to fit his purposes? it was not like they were trying to win a contest or anything like that but he kept making it so hard to do what he was sent here to do. he wondered what the phone call was that he had taken as Dmitry got back into the car.

"I am happy to hear that your Accommodation have been sorted."
he did not sound happy, more like he was trying to be nice but was seething underneath his smile. "it would be a good thing to talk to my Chief about this assignment, I don't think we are going to work out. she might as well just give you half my case load and then let me go without a partner." turning the car around he went just a bit faster then he should have been going down the street.

Sunday Roast

Old 03-03-2014, 02:42 AM

Dmitry decided against saying anything else for the time being, everything he seemed to be saying at the minute appeared to be rubbing Ragner up the wrong way. If this was what he was like when given a partner it was no wonder he had been left on his own for so long. While they were driving, Dmitry kept his gaze out of the window once more and at the same time, lazily rolled his phone between his fingers. This city was quite a big one, he couldn't wait to start working on the cases and find out what was hiding beneath the woodwork.

"Not as happy as I am." He replied, keeping his tone light in the hopes it wouldn't be taken the wrong way. "Be nice to sleep in a proper bed." The male slid his phone into his pocket and brought his arm to rest against the side of the door. "I don't think we are either, but the whole purpose of my being here is to help train you to handle these strange cases. I didn't choose to be sent here and you were just unlucky enough to keep having these strange ones handed to you."

Lunna Dea

Old 03-03-2014, 03:29 AM

"so your telling me that you were sent here to help me learn how to deal with these cases? why do they think that I need to be trained in dealing with these? I have been dealing with these things for the last few years now." the thought that he needed to be trained in something he had been doing for a while he could not understand. where did they get the idea that he needed the training, and what sort of training did he have to offer that the Police Academia had not?

pulling into traffic he really was not paying attention as he moved through the other cars. a few horns blared as he drove to close to the other cars. his thoughts were not on the drive or anything around them. his mind was on his first case and the dangers he had faced with that one. it had been a mad man that thought he was a vampire, he had demand they keep him in a prison where no sun could reach him. Ragner had been so tempted to just let him in the sun to see if it would kill him. some one had picked up the man before sunrise that day and all the files had been taken about the man. "where were you oh so many years ago." his voice was weak and barely audible.

Sunday Roast

Old 03-08-2014, 03:30 PM

"The cases you've been getting aren't the only strange ones that have been coming through this station." One police officer to another, he supposed he could more freely about certain things than he could to a civilian, but he still couldn't go into too much detail. "The Vatican usually deals with the strange cases, as strange as that may seem. The cases considered strange and supernatural, are pulled before officers such as yourself find them on your desk and handed to someone from the Vatican to deal with." Men of God dealing with cases of the supernatural, it did sound like something from a movie but the movies weren't far from truth.

Keeping his eye on the traffic, Dmitry knew they were driving dangerously but didn't seem afraid for his own safety. "But you see, it was decided by the powers that be that the Vatican should no longer be in charge of this sort of thing and instead it falls onto the shoulders of us mere mortals." The male watched a car screech to a halt out of his side mirror. "Isn't dangerous driving a criminal offence in these parts?" Dmitry looked to Ragner having heard him say something and was sure he'd been asked where he was. "You'll have to be more specific, I travel around a lot." The male offered a smile.

Lunna Dea

Old 03-18-2014, 08:43 AM

"your telling me that the Vatican is the one behind all the strange cases files being taken and the suspects?" as much as one would think that he would be mad he did not sound it. in fact he sounded a bit surprised but also as if it confirmed something he had thought was going on for a while now. "so why did they end up on my desk to begin with if the Vatican deals with them." the anger from before seemed to be slowly ebbing. "did their agent here in town die a few years ago and they just got caught up in trying to vote a new one in?"

"how long ago did they decide that silly thing? if the people of the Vatican have been happy to deal with the strange ones why not keep letting them deal with them? what good would us mare mortal's have against things that have been battling priests that know what they are doing." he slowed down and looked around. "it can be but with that crime scene any of the others would understand my driving. just as long as I dont hit some one or kill them." he smiled and then sighed. "that question was not meant to be answered." casting a quick glance at Dmitry, Ragner raised an eyebrow. "you have really good hearing to have heard that over the cars."

Sunday Roast

Old 03-18-2014, 05:01 PM

"Yes. For centuries they have answered to a higher authority and people were too scared and god fearing to question it. Over the past.. fifty years or so, they've become far too busy trying to compete against other religions coming to this part of the world and they've started neglecting cases." Dmitry explained. "This city never had it's own agent. Up until a few years ago there really weren't that many strange cases around. But as cities grow, they tend to draw in more people."

The male thought about Ragners words for a moment before he answered. "There are many reasons. I think the most likely answer is the sheer number of cases not getting solves, the Vatican is stretched thin and can't deal with as many cases as there are appearing. If at least one officer in each town is trained to deal with these cases, the Vatican and priests will no longer be needed." as for his hearing, the male just shrugged. "I grew up in darkness, I learnt now to block out background noise and focus on one particular sound."

Lunna Dea

Old 03-20-2014, 05:25 AM

"your telling me that because humanity is becoming more acceptance of science and their disputes with other Religions is why they have been dropping the cases? and no agent's assigned to this city. makes no sense if they are wanting to keep the strange ones hidden from the public. what has caused them to stat showing up now?" something about the way he was talking made him think there had to be something new in town that was causing the strange things to come into town now.

"how did you learn how to deal with these creatures? did you learn from one of the Vatican people?" he did not really believe that his excuse was why he had heard him but there was nothing that he could think of to explain how he could hear his talking.

Sunday Roast

Old 03-20-2014, 04:57 PM

"They haven't been dropping the cases, they just don't have the man power anymore to cover them all. I don't know what the cause is for the sudden increase, but I intend to find out and put a stop to it. Can you think of anything strange or out of place that happened around the time these cases started appearing on your desk?" No harm in asking someone that was actually here at the time, was there? Any bit of information might be helpful, regardless of how small it was.

"My handler is from the Vatican, yes." He was also a vampire like himself, but Ragner didn't need to know that little piece of information. "He raised me after my parents were killed and when I was old enough, he started training me."

Lunna Dea

Old 03-21-2014, 06:01 AM

"the only thing that I can think of that happened a few years ago was me getting my badge as a detective, other then that there was not much that..." he slapped the staring wheel as he suddenly had a thought. " the old Silatoe place up on the hill was bought and fixed up rather quickly. not that any one has seen who fixed it up. some people thought that when the place got fixed up they would have a party, but no invites have gone out."

"so you have a Handler? and you want to train me to do what they used to do?" Ragner sounded a bit confused about what was going on as he pulled into the parking lot. "is he a priest or just some one hired by the Vatican."

Sunday Roast

Old 03-21-2014, 05:04 PM

An old building was brought and fixed up by people that no one saw and there was speculation there might have been a party, but there wasn't? It wasn't unusual for people to buy and fix up houses, many enjoyed their privacy and did things at unusual hours, but if this happened around the time strange things started happening, it was definitely worth looking into. "Well then, we'll have to look into that then, won't we?"

"I do, his name is Viktor and yes, I do want to train you up." Dmitry replied, looking out of the window as they pulled up to the station. Was Viktor a priest? The male smiled in bemusement for a few seconds, before it faded into his usual expression. "No, but he fought with the priests for many years."

Lunna Dea

Old 03-31-2014, 08:14 PM

“well unless you have the ability to get a search warrant without probable cause then I don’t think we are going to be able to get into the place.” Ragner sighed as they arrived at the station. Some days he hated having to have the proof of a person’s guilt before they could get more by searching, but then if they did not cops would be braking into anyone’s place and getting them to confess to whatever crime the cop could not solve. Ragner had known to many cops that thought they were hot shots at solving cases and then just blundered around.

“so this training, will it add a raise or anything else other than just more duties?” turning off the car he looked over at Dmitry trying to think of why this man could seem to be such a great man one moment then the next he wants to kill him. “do I even get a say of yes or no about being training?”

Sunday Roast

Old 04-01-2014, 02:32 AM

"We don't need to get into the place, we could just have the place put under surveillance for a bit." Once the car stopped, Dmitry unbuckled his seat belt and slid out of the car. He was looking forward to finding out where he would be staying, though he did hope it wasn't as bad as some of his previous residencies.

"You will not get a raise as such, but each time you close a case you will get a substantial bonus. Your position won't change but you will be placed under the same handler as me, so you no longer need to report to your chief. You'll receive a considerable amount of new training and be shown a new layer of this town." Dmitry looked over to him. "I'm not forcing you into it, we'll do nothing but butt heads if that happens. Though this is a one time offer, if you decide you don't want it you will hear no more from me."

Sunday Roast

Old 04-29-2014, 04:00 PM

((Are you still interested in doing this or have you lost interest? Let me know either way.))

Lunna Dea

Old 05-02-2014, 08:22 PM

(( sorry this got lost I ment to make a reply then got busy in RL. I will try to make a RP Soon))

Sunday Roast

Old 05-03-2014, 02:59 PM

((I just assumed you'd lost interest =p I was having a clean out and was just going to delete the thread, but figured I'd send a message before hand.))

((EDIT: Well if you do decide to ever reply, you'll have to quote me, I won't see it otherwise.))

Last edited by Sunday Roast; 05-19-2014 at 03:41 PM..