Bound Birdie
Mistress of Mischief and Mayhem

Old 02-15-2013, 05:26 AM

I have one of those to! My glitter soap is cotton candy though XD

Dance would be a fun degree XD Must be a pretty unique combo

HappyStarr
(^._.^)ノ

Old 02-15-2013, 05:33 AM

haha yeah. Most people look at me like I'm absolutely insane for combining those two, and then start asking me things like "How does that..even WORK!?" and "So what kind of job are getting again?" Then I have to casually remind them that there's no way I can know what job I'm going to end up anyway, so I may as well use college to actually learn something that I really want to learn and build skills in.

Though really, it'd still be totally cool if I wanted to study dance/anth in Grad School. I don't plan to, though, because of money and I'm just not ready to put myself through that level of stress right now in my life. I have enough other life crises to sort out before I embark on ones involving dissertations and funding field work.

Bound Birdie

Old 02-15-2013, 05:46 AM

lol That was one reason I went for just a few certifications in something I really cared about and could always use personally I'll get the degree and further education when I know I can actually have a job in that field before I put any of my own money into it, or well in those amounts at lest

HappyStarr
(^._.^)ノ

Old 02-15-2013, 05:49 AM

I think that's a great way to go! I actually wasn't given much say in the matter. I wasn't allowed to NOT go to school like I wanted, since I didn't want to do anything that would lead to any job anyway, but I absolutely had to go to a 4-year University. My dad's been driven insane, though, by the fact that I'm totaling 6 years in college due to my major-change when he wanted me out in 4 years. We've had a good number of fights. ^^"

ElysiumFate
There is beauty everywhere.

Old 02-15-2013, 05:50 AM

I have tried tea tree before, and it's worked wonders on my dry scalp, but when I've tried to use it pure for acne the smell literally made me sick, so I've never used it for acne consistently enough to know if it'd work for me.

As per the not making sense thing, though. I get that. I wish college were a time where you could just do whatever the hell you wanted for like six years and then get a general degree followed by a job in whatever thing you enjoyed doing most in college. I love psych, English, music, art, even dance (which is the only one I've not done). I wish I could do it all.

Bound Birdie

Old 02-15-2013, 05:56 AM

lol I make russ use a tea tree oil shampoo for his flakiness XD never had a problem since but yeah I haven't given it a try for acne myself either

Well thats what he gets for making you go before you knew what you wanted! I waited a little while not to long though 23 enough to figure out what I really wanted to try. Though like Ely I do have a lot of extra classes I'd love to take, but at my school you can audit a class and not pay for it so I'm doing that when I'm retired XD

HappyStarr
(^._.^)ノ

Old 02-15-2013, 06:00 AM

Oh man, I wish I could do it all too. If I could live forever, I would just major in everything. I didn't find out until last semester that my school actually has an Integrative Studies major that allows you to combine your interests and choose a concentration or two from that. Had I known sooner, I might have done that. As it is, I still need to talk to an adviser and see if they'll let me take an art minor since I just have 70+ art credits sitting useless in my transcript.

I rarely use straight tea tree oil. It's got a very strong smell and burns if I accidentally apply too much. But I go to The Body Shop for my stuff and use their face wash, toner, mask, etc with that in it. I always feel so clean after. But please don't use it if it makes you sick! D;

---------- Post added 02-15-2013 at 01:03 AM ----------

Ah! Waiting until 23 would have been kind of nice, too. Though at that point I might not have bothered, I dunno. I started when I was 17, since I was a year younger when I started school. I was just supposed to be his "perfect child", except now I'm pretty sure I'm his biggest disappointment. Even moreso because I have absolutely no remorse or guilt for it. I'mma do what I want!

Bound Birdie

Old 02-15-2013, 06:04 AM

wow yeah that would be a ton of wasted work O.O

yeah diluted into soaps and shampoos is smells amazing XD

HappyStarr
(^._.^)ノ

Old 02-15-2013, 06:16 AM

Yeah, I know. I'm just worried they won't let me because of requirements about taking certain classes at the school and having a certain number of credits taken at the school. But I clearly have almost a full major's worth of art credits so I might just try to argue it and point out that I'm already finishing up another major that I've been paying EXTRA for in order to take 18 creds/semester just so that I could squeeze in my dance minor. It might also help that I have a fairly high GPA. I just get nervous about talking to advisers, because I've had so much terrible luck with them.

Bound Birdie

Old 02-15-2013, 06:18 AM

really that's lame mine is always super nice. She doesn't really do a whole lot other then give me papers and take them back when I'm done but she's always willing to try to work something out. Do you only have one you can talk to?

HappyStarr
(^._.^)ノ

Old 02-15-2013, 06:24 AM

That's the thing: I don't even know. There's only one adviser for my department, but he's can't/won't(idk?) help in dealing with non-major issues. But the general advisers are just like "Uhm...go to your adviser?" because they don't know either. And at the community college I went to first (this is my third school sigh), the advisers would just do everything in their power to avoid talking to the students. THEN when I finally got into talking with one of their advisers, it was just a complete waste anyway. They were just like "Nope. No. Nooope" and wouldn't even look at me.

Ridiculousness, I swear.

ElysiumFate

Old 02-15-2013, 06:27 AM

I don't like going to advisers, but mostly because I'm socially awkward as hell these days and it gives me anxiety. Another major thing is every time I let a dang adviser plan my semester's schedule I end up with a schedule I can't deal with. Like going up at 9 a.m. or going every day of the week, or having four hour breaks or some shit. I do not have time for that. I need at least one day off during the work week, and I can't deal with classes before 10 or 11.

Tea tree smells really good diluted, yeah. It was just that pure extract that made me sick. XP

Bound Birdie

Old 02-15-2013, 06:31 AM

wow I feel really lucky for ms. Choul now... I only get her as my one adviser so I hope I never have an issue with her but yeah she's never been anything but nice and informative for me. She even make sure to always have snacks and ask if your doing okay and not collapsing from stress and exhaustion XD

HappyStarr
(^._.^)ノ

Old 02-15-2013, 06:34 AM

Oh my gosh I wish I had a counselor like that, considering I have totally fainted before from overexhaustion/malnutrition.

Speaking of exhaustion, it's definitely past my bedtime. Fallin asleep over here! I'll see ya guys more this weekend for sure (and hopefully I get to play with some of these contests, too!) Good night!

Bound Birdie

Old 02-15-2013, 06:38 AM

lol yeah she is great she's this cute little asian lady always worried that her job is becoming obsolete so she's all "whatever you need I do for you!" I love it

alrighty then Goodnight!

ElysiumFate

Old 02-15-2013, 06:41 AM

Awh she sounds sweet.

Don't get me wrong, my advisers are nice. I just get heart palpitations when I have to spend two hours with them making a schedule because I have to be really picky and make sure I don't end up with 5 days of classes a week, or classes before 10 or after 3.

Bound Birdie

Old 02-15-2013, 06:59 AM

She is! But I'll admit she doesn't do my schedule for me or anything, she just like this is what you need this when its offered you figure it out XD

ElysiumFate

Old 02-15-2013, 07:05 AM

Hmm. I like that. I'll have to go to my adviser later this semester and see if I can get her to do that.

Bound Birdie

Old 02-15-2013, 07:14 AM

Yeah I don't see why not, you don't do your registration online?

ElysiumFate

Old 02-15-2013, 07:22 AM

Yeah, I do, but they want you to go to an adviser every semester.

Bound Birdie

Old 02-15-2013, 07:24 AM

O.O
why?
I was only required to meet Choul once in the beginning after that it's just by email appointment set up whenever you have questions ...
YAY laid back community collages XD

serena yuy
Cat Whisperer
Send a message via AIM to serena yuy Send a message via MSN to serena yuy

Old 02-15-2013, 07:29 AM

HOLY CRAP!!! I almost forgot!

YAY!!! V-day event!!!!

---------- Post added 02-15-2013 at 02:30 AM ----------

At my old school we had to meet with advisors because they had to sign off on a form our plan for the semester and they had our registration key.
Here, we have to have a plan of study to submit when here and can revise it if need be. But, I can register freely.

Bound Birdie

Old 02-15-2013, 07:46 AM

lol indeed Hurrah for new commons and rares! Can't wait to see them. I'm hoping for more summery cruise items.

wow it's like they know they don't really do anything you can't do on your own so they are requiring you to go to them so the position is still needed

ElysiumFate

Old 02-15-2013, 07:54 AM

@Birdie: It's just another way the University system fucks you up the ass backwards. I'm not really impressed with this university at all. The adviser is fine, they keep you on track, but I could spend a lot more time bitching than praising this place. My C.C. was better. Although I don't miss some of the people from it.

@Ser: Yeah, ikr? Events are my favorites.

Bound Birdie

Old 02-15-2013, 08:00 AM

Indeed! I love mene's events!

Yeah sounds like it. I love my teacher and most of the student's even though mines a c.c. it's still a good size with five campuses so if I want to avoid someone I can XD