Cora

Pixel Pixie

Old 10-08-2023, 03:43 AM

*Deep Breath in.......Deep Breath Out* We can do this!

Kaderin Triste
Resident Tiger Expert

Old 10-09-2023, 03:10 PM

How's the craft closet looking?

I got mine all mucked out and sorted, but had to chuck a few bags back in just overnight...because I thought I was supposed to work this morning for my last day at work, but the boss took me off on the assumption that I wouldn't show, because a nearly perfect 6 year record (I'd only missed work 1 day and that's because the assistant manager didn't call to tell me they'd put me on that day) totally gives off that lazy vibe I guess, so now I can go home and deal with the last few bags I guess. And do laundry. And work on some plushies for the soon to open Etsy shop.

Cora

Pixel Pixie

Old 10-09-2023, 09:52 PM

Weird of them to assume that, but day off for you I guess?

I at least got everything out of the closet and sorted into piles. I need to put it all back in the closet but my father had called while I was sorting it and needed help and then I just haven't stopped since then but I definitely don't appreciate the piles all over my craft room so it'll get done soon now hahaha.

Kaderin Triste
Resident Tiger Expert

Old 10-10-2023, 07:09 PM

Unfortunately, I wasted the extra day off by stewing over the absolute pettiness of my now former boss.
But it's fine I guess. I'll still shop there anyway.

Heck yeah, progress! Any progress is good. Which reminds me, I still need to pull out the 2 bags of mainly trash today and then put back in 1 box that I forgot about that has a Halloween accessory I need to assemble soon.

Cora

Pixel Pixie

Old 10-10-2023, 10:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaderin Triste View Post
Unfortunately, I wasted the extra day off by stewing over the absolute pettiness of my now former boss.
But it's fine I guess. I'll still shop there anyway.

Heck yeah, progress! Any progress is good. Which reminds me, I still need to pull out the 2 bags of mainly trash today and then put back in 1 box that I forgot about that has a Halloween accessory I need to assemble soon.
Eh everyone one needs a me day every once in a while. I may have been petty towards my coworkers and took this week off myself so finishing my craft closet is now most definitely on my to do list for the week.

Kaderin Triste
Resident Tiger Expert

Old 10-11-2023, 12:16 AM

I mean...I don't see taking time off as petty. Unless you take off time someone else wanted off just to block them out so they can't. What my (former) boss did was petty.

Heck yeah! Finish that closet! And maybe other stuff! Whatever your week-off plans are!
Lol

Cora

Pixel Pixie

Old 10-11-2023, 03:52 AM

Quote:
I mean...I don't see taking time off as petty. Unless you take off time someone else wanted off just to block them out so they can't. What my (former) boss did was petty.

Heck yeah! Finish that closet! And maybe other stuff! Whatever your week-off plans are!
Lol
They sorta pissed me off a bit yesterday (same bullshit different day but I've been taking care of my dad lately and not getting a ton of sleep so I was eeeeeextra grumpy) and I talked to my boss and only informed them all about 5 minutes before we left that I was not going to be there the whole rest of the week. I'm the lead inspector and they have trouble getting their shit together even when I am there. So it was maybe just a teeeeeny bit petty

Kaderin Triste
Resident Tiger Expert

Old 10-21-2023, 10:06 PM

I mean...so maybe a little petty then.
Lol.

In other news, threw together a quick shop banner and logo for Etsy...so...might be attempting to sell plushies (Adventure Companions as I call them) soon...woo!
Gonna try to finish a couple that are nearly done tonight and then take what I have for current stock out for photos tomorrow.

Cora

Pixel Pixie

Old 10-22-2023, 03:25 AM

Oh! Super cool! I wish you the best of luck then!

MacSen191
\ (•◡•) /

Old 10-22-2023, 02:37 PM

That's neat! Selling stuff you make sounds neat.... good luck!

Kaderin Triste
Resident Tiger Expert

Old 10-28-2023, 06:43 PM

Thanks!
Have had some minor delays in getting the shop up, but am hoping to have it functional Monday or Tuesday (Halloween!) if nothing else happens to delay it.

Cora

Pixel Pixie

Old 10-28-2023, 09:31 PM

That's really soon, so not too delayed then ^-^

Kaderin Triste
Resident Tiger Expert

Old 10-28-2023, 11:13 PM

Yeah, at this point, I'm mainly just waiting for a laptop cord to arrive (estimated delivery Mondy)so I can use it for actual editing/setting up of the shop. And also just need to get out and take photos, which is gonna suck just a little because it's all snowy now.

Cora

Pixel Pixie

Old 10-29-2023, 03:36 AM

Its snowing by you? We haven't gotten snow just yet but they predict we might see our first dusting this week. Not looking forward to that.

Still, fingers crossed your new cord comes in on time!

MacSen191
\ (•◡•) /

Old 10-29-2023, 02:46 PM

Ugh... I so don't want snow this year. Were in freezing warnings already... but so far no snow where I am.

Cora

Pixel Pixie

Old 10-30-2023, 12:11 AM

Right!? I'm like noooooo.....it's too early!

Kaderin Triste
Resident Tiger Expert

Old 10-30-2023, 11:37 PM

Yeah, idk how much snow we got, but I'd guess between 6 and 8 inches, maybe more though. It's warmed up and started melting off, but probably won't be gone for long. A dusting of snow on or shortly before Halloween is pretty normal here.
But this much snow was unexpected and kind of annoying.
Just checked shipping and cord delivery apparently didn't happen today it ended up being sent via FedEx and they can be exceedingly dumb here. I ad the package delivered to work (to guarantee it arrived because I've had issues with stuff being sent to my apartment before) but I don't think they actually left it there, tracking says something about a delivery exception or something. Possibly because the building opens later on Mondays or possibly because I, specifically, wasn't there to sign for it. Idk why tbh.

Cora

Pixel Pixie

Old 10-30-2023, 11:45 PM

Geeze, how annoying is that. Well, hopefully tomorrow then >.<

Dusting of snow around this time isn't unheard of here either. The summer just seemed to fly by so I'm over here like "Is it really already snow season *whiiiiiiiine*"

Kaderin Triste
Resident Tiger Expert

Old 10-31-2023, 05:45 PM

Yeah, feels like we barely had fall. And now it's all icy and gross out. Yuck.

Ooh, got the "out for delivery" text notification this morning, which I didn't get yesterday, so fingers crossed...

Cora

Pixel Pixie

Old 11-01-2023, 12:24 AM

Oh! That's definitely a better sign!

Kaderin Triste
Resident Tiger Expert

Old 11-01-2023, 12:49 AM

Woo! I'll be spending my Halloween night factory resetting a laptop and eating pocky.
And maybe doing a quick pumpkin carving/photo session with Derpy.

Cora

Pixel Pixie

Old 11-01-2023, 12:05 PM

I had to work for Halloween but we did get to dress up (I was Daphne from Scooby Doo), and they played games and gave us food so I'll still call it a win.

We did get our first snow....not 6 in or anything like that but definitely more then a dusting. Like 2 or 3 inches.

Kaderin Triste
Resident Tiger Expert

Old 11-02-2023, 02:00 AM

Yeah, I worked too, but was off at 6pm. Dressed as a sort of necromancer/evil witch.

Kaderin Triste
Resident Tiger Expert

Old 11-03-2023, 10:14 PM

Pic of this year's costume. Don't have a pic of the back to show off the spine I had on, but it was a lot of people's favorite reveal.
xD

Also, Daphne is a solid choice. I love all the Scooby-Doo characters.

Cora

Pixel Pixie

Old 11-04-2023, 10:05 AM

Quote:

Pic of this year's costume. Don't have a pic of the back to show off the spine I had on, but it was a lot of people's favorite reveal.
xD

Also, Daphne is a solid choice. I love all the Scooby-Doo characters.
Oh! That sounds like wicked cool for the back too! Its already a super cool look even from the front ^_^