~Wild Spirit Wolf~
H0i!!

Old 06-17-2018, 03:24 AM

Gemini blushed slightly as she glanced at him. "That is... very kind of you, Shail. I often wonder if I'm not more of a curse to you. It seems that since meeting me you have come into nothing but trouble, and I am always at the heart of it." She confessed slowly. It was difficult to think about, that she was nothing but trouble to the man she loved. But wouldn't he be better off without her? She wasn't entirely sure.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 06-17-2018, 04:25 PM

Shail grabbed Gemini's hand, squeezing it softly before letting go again. His eyes stayed firmly ahead of him though, not willing to meet her eye during such a sappy gesture. "That's a silly though, you know. Since all you've done is look out for me though I thought of you as a monster at first, it's really no wonder I fell in love. " Swallowing hard, he fell into silence again, embarrassed by his own words. He cared a lot about Gemini, but he was still getting used to showing it. And then there was the pesky question of the future. How would two very different beings as themselves live a happy life together?

~Wild Spirit Wolf~
H0i!!

Old 07-16-2018, 04:01 AM

Gemini blushed slightly, deciding not to voice her disagreement on the matter. It didn't matter now, after all. They were together, and that was all that mattered. Though there was one thing that kept nagging at her, a worry, an uncertainty. "Shail, there is something I need to ask you. Does it bother you... that I will long outlive you? Even as you grow old, I will remain young. Do you wonder if there is a way to change that?" She didn't want to live on without him after he was gone. She wanted their lives to be equal.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 07-18-2018, 04:48 PM

Shail swallowed hard because Gemini so easily voice the question that had been repeating of and on in his head for days now. "I...it's does," he finally admitted. Although he wanted to lie and say he could take this if it meant he got to be with Gemini, the thought of growing old while Gemini didn't scared him. "How could there be a way to change that?" Finally, he turned so he could look Gemini in the eye, make sure that he heard every bit of this correctly. "Do you mean something like you becoming mortal?" The idea sounded so absurd and a mix of emotions rushed through him at the thought. Did he want that? It didn't seem right. As selfish as Shail could be at times, that thought seemed a bit too much.

~Wild Spirit Wolf~
H0i!!

Old 08-23-2018, 04:09 AM

Gemini stopped and turned to face him. "Yes, if that is what it takes to make us equal. As far as I know, there are only two ways to make that happen. Either I become mortal, or you become immortal. But immortality is a heavy burden, and I would not wish it on you, not unless it was something you truly wanted. So the only real choice is for me to give up my immortality. I do not know how that would happen, but I am sure that it is possible."

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 09-22-2018, 11:29 PM

Shail's brow furrowed as he forced back a wave of anger. Strange, it felt so strange to oppose someone's words so much. "And it's better or you to give up immortality in order to be with me?" he managed to grit out, still trying to sound more composed than he felt. His heart pounded in his chest, a reminder that he wasn't suppressing his anger as well as he thought, though he did think he kept it fairly out of his voice. Eyes glanced at Gemini, then back to the dull landscape in front of them. "I don't think I could ask you to do that. It isn't fair. Maybe we're just a romance that's doomed to fail from the start...?" He hated to admit such a thought out loud, but he didn't think he could act so optimistic either.

~Wild Spirit Wolf~
H0i!!

Old 10-02-2018, 04:03 AM

Gemini pulled up short. She hadn't expected that reaction, and certainly not the sentiment that followed. "I- I apologize, Shail, I did not realize you felt so strongly about the matter. But I would much rather grow old and die with you than live on without you. It is so painful to watch a loved one die and know that you will go eternity without ever seeing them again..." She stepped in front of him, facing him directly. "Please do not say that! We have barely even begun to try, we cannot give up so easily. I believe we were meant to find each other, Shail. With everything that has already happened... unless... you do not feel the same? You regret choosing me? Could it be that my feelings for you... do you not return them?" She stepped back, fighting tears that gathered at the corners of her vision.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 03-27-2019, 11:52 PM

Shail dropped his gaze again. Guilt weighed down his stomach, made it twist, matching the sour look on his face. Almost as soon as he'd uttered his words, he'd regretted them. Hearing Gemini apologize only made it worse. "I'm sorry," he managed to choke out. "I'm so sorry! I didn't mean that I don't want to be with you! I love you more than I've ever loved anyone else, Gemini. I...I never even thought I would grow to love someone like that. The loner that I used to be..." He trailed off, shaking his head because he still couldn't bare to meet Gemini's eyes. "The me before you would never even dream of falling in love, but I did it anyway. I love you so much that I don't want to cause you hardship. That I want to protect you even though I'm weak. I don't want you to become weak like me, but...I know that's selfish." Finally, he lifted his head to look at Gemini. "I...I didn't think you would want to grow old with me like that..."

~Wild Spirit Wolf~
H0i!!

Old 05-28-2019, 03:17 AM

Hesitantly, Gemini raised her hands to gently hold his face. She looked into his eyes and smiled. "You do not need to apologize, my heart. I was the same as you. I spent so long believing that I was destined to spend eternity alone. Nothing in this world has ever frightened me more than that thought. And now that I have you, it frightens me even more." She blinked her tears away. "I love you, far more than I love my own life. I have lived long, Shail, longer than any creature ought to. Nothing would make me happier than to grow old with you, to know that we will spend our last days together. We can spend eternity together in the stars, instead of being trapped here forever."

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 05-31-2019, 03:15 PM

Although Shail hesitated, he found himself nodding to Gemini's words. He grasped her hands, holding them tight against his skin. "I understand. Even though I still hate it, I..." He managed a weak smile. "I think we should try to find a way to turn you mortal. There's never been another person that I've more wanted to spend my life with. To grow old together with. I'm honored that you think the same." Pressing a kiss to Gemini's palm, he finally pulled away. He'd turned pink with his admissions and he didn't want anyone commenting on it. "Uh, so...now that we've got that settled, we should hurry along. The noon sun will be setting soon."

~Wild Spirit Wolf~
H0i!!

Old 06-02-2019, 08:19 AM

Gemini smiled, seeing his blush but not saying anything about it. She was just glad he didn't want to leave her. "You are right, we must move while we can. We may reach the next village soon if we make good time." She agreed. Still holding his hand, she continued forward on their path.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 06-07-2019, 09:12 PM

They continued to walk throughout the day, taking breaks as they could, but they made good progress. Shail really wanted to see what another village might be like. He'd never traveled his entire life and now he would get to see so much more. He wondered what things like the ocean might look like. By the time twilight left the sands painted violet and silver, his entire mind was filled with ponderings. He didn't notice the lights of the village fires just past the swells of dunes, oasis waters giving it a shimmer with the dying sun. He only realized the village below them when they were right above it. "Oh. Did we make it after all?"

~Wild Spirit Wolf~
H0i!!

Old 06-08-2019, 04:04 AM

Seeing that Shail was thoughtful, Gemini was content to remain silent most of the day and let him think, only speaking when needed. They made better time than she expected, and soon the lights of the village came into view. She watched Shail, waiting eagerly for the moment he realized they had made it. The realization came as they crested a hill and the village was laid out before them. She smiled brightly. "We did indeed, my heart. And it is early enough that we may find an inn and some good food still."

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 06-25-2019, 03:23 AM

The smile Shail let out was both relieved and grateful. "I didn't realize we walked so much. It's almost like if I don't think about it, my body can go so much stronger. I think being around you has made me stronger," he admitted, giving Gemini a brief but meaningful look. He didn't think he would ever grow tired of her presence and what she did for him. Taking her hand, he pulled her down toward the town, almost tripping with the speed that he took them down the dunes. "Well, come on! We wouldn't want all that good food to disappear while we dally at such a pace! I wonder if the inn will have fires going, and fresh water. That would be nice right?"

~Wild Spirit Wolf~
H0i!!

Old 06-26-2019, 05:41 AM

Gemini smiled, feeling proud of Shail for making it so far in such a short time. She doubted it was her influence- he was stronger than he thought. She laughed as he pulled her along towards the town, running along with him joyously. "I'm certain they will have fires going. Fresh water would be nice, too!" She agreed as they made it to the town proper. It wasn't huge, but it was bigger than Shail's village had been, and had a serviceable inn.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 06-30-2019, 01:31 AM

Considering Shail had never been outside his village, he slowed his gait and took in all the sights once they entered the town. It really did feel like a town rather than some village built in a harsh land. With the oasis, it looked like the place really prospered. "This is amazing. Look how wide the roads are. Do you think caravans go through here?" Shail wondered out loud. His eyes scanned the numerous people still walking outside, considering the sun hadn't quite fallen yet. "Should we ask where the inn is, or do you think we can find it ourselves?"

~Wild Spirit Wolf~
H0i!!

Old 07-01-2019, 03:14 AM

Gemini watched him with a fond expression, finding him cute as he tried to look at everything. "Yes, I believe caravans may occasionally come through here. Because it is built around a natural oasis, this town is an indispensable resource for many who travel." She told him as they walked. She was glad to be in a more populated area: more people on the roads meant they were less likely to notice her oddly colored eyes. "We can ask, if you'd like. Finding it ourselves may take too long."

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 07-04-2019, 10:10 PM

Shail couldn't help but smile at the idea of caravans. He saw them pass by the village many times. He could watch from his window while other children ran outside to chase after them. They never came close enough for him though. There was no reason to stop in a village with no wares, so he had to content himself with the view from the window. "Alright," he answered, pulling himself back from his thoughts. He had a quick conversation with an older couple before waving Gemini toward a street at their left. "They say the inn is at the end of this street. Come on, Gemini, or we might not get a room. Apparently there's a festival tomorrow!"

~Wild Spirit Wolf~
H0i!!

Old 07-06-2019, 03:44 AM

Gemini felt a sense of pride as she watched Shail talk to the elderly couple. He had grown so much in the short time they had known each other. She smiled at him as he returned and nodded, starting down the road. "A festival! Fortune has smiled upon us. I've not seen a festival in so long. They're wonderful fun! I am so glad we got here when we did." She gushed while they walked.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 07-11-2019, 03:38 PM

"I can't even imagine it," Shail huffed, still smiling though. No matter how much he tried to look petulant, he couldn't help but grin. It really did seem like fortune was smiling on them now and it felt well deserved. After everything that happened in his village, maybe it was time they found their place in another? "You've been to a festival before? I've always imagined that it's so bright and colorful. Sounds everywhere, and smells. And people don't care who you are, as long as you're a part of the fun." That was perhaps, the most important part.

~Wild Spirit Wolf~
H0i!!

Old 07-14-2019, 03:07 AM

Gemini smiled. "I have, a few times, though it has been a while. Your guess is correct. A festival is a feast for all of the senses! There is much to see and do, many wonderful foods to try and music to hear. It is a time when everyone may set aside their worries and simply have fun for a while." Her eyes shone as she described the experience. Her joy was more than doubled by the fact that Shail would get to experience it for the first time. She would make sure he had as much fun as possible!

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 07-16-2019, 04:17 PM

"It sounds like everything I imagined," Shail hummed. Truly, he had dreams about experiencing things like this. To think that he had the chance now. It was all because he met Gemini. Squeezing her hand, he tried his best not to laugh as they walked. He just felt so happy inside though. Even worry over their future couldn't reach him.

The rest of their walk didn't take long. Just like in the couple's directions, the inn lay at the end of the street and teemed with activity. People of all sorts milled inside where a tavern was set up. Stairs led to a top floor with rooms set apart by curtains. Even this was something Shail had never seen before. It was just inside the room that Shail paused, looking back at Gemini. "Um, do we have money to pay for a room?"

~Wild Spirit Wolf~
H0i!!

Old 07-19-2019, 03:51 AM

Gemini hummed happily as they walked, needing some way to express the joy she felt. As they came upon the inn, she subtly called the wind to bring her the voices of the people inside. She walked inside with Shail only when she was satisfied the place was safe and had vacancies. She smiled at him, reaching up and pulling a pearl from under the scarf that covered her hair. "We do indeed. I have saved much in my time. We should want for nothing."

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 07-22-2019, 11:52 PM

Shail watched Gemini pull out the pearl with fascination. He wondered if she'd been hiding such a thing all this time or if she simply conjured it in their time of need. She was a djinn after all. He just hoped that no one in this village figured that out and tried to use Gemini like his village people had. "Is it alright to show off such a thing here instead of coin?" he asked, just the slightest bit hesitant. He only worried because he cared about Gemini, although he felt thankful that she could solve their monetary problems since he had almost nothing.

~Wild Spirit Wolf~
H0i!!

Old 08-01-2019, 03:29 AM

Gemini paused at that, thinking. "I... am not sure. Jewels were a common replacement for currency when last I walked among mortals, but it has been some time since then." She looked at the pearl thoughtfully. "Certainly it can be bartered for coin, but we do not have time to find a shopkeeper who would make such a trade. It is not uncommon for a lady to have some form of jewelry..." After a few moments, she nodded to herself. "They will take it. I will simply tell the innkeeper that we have been displaced from our home, and that my few jewels are all we have left. If he does not take pity, I have other ways of convincing him."