Unlmtd_Cassimir
(-.-)zzZ

Old 08-21-2010, 09:17 AM

Cassimir avoided the fireball, though as to that was because he was fast or because of the reflex every being naturally has when fire is thrown in their face is a mystery to everyone but him and this guard.

He had heard about magic, and he had even seen some. It had been mostly levitation and healing wounds. He had never seen such a conjuration before. It was far different from how he had imagined. This was something he had never believed was possible: fire from nothing. This was certainly an experience.

He stood up slowly, not letting his eyes stray from hers, however his usual, blank face, possibly with a twisted grin, was replaced with a smile. He was in a word, fascinated.

He took a glance over at the noble and decided she wanted to get moving to the banquet. He regained his composure and straightened out his clothing.

"Since I have angered your guard I will not delay you any longer and let you proceed to the banquet. I still have some things to finish here."

Talitha001
Send a message via AIM to Talitha001 Send a message via MSN to Talitha001 Send a message via Yahoo to Talitha001

Old 08-21-2010, 05:08 PM

Lina walked over to him and put her hand on his shoulder.
"Do not worry about Range. SHe acts like thiswhen she really likes someone. Now we must go prepare for the banquet. I beilive I have been ordered to wear a specific color scheme. I do hope to see you there mr."
She paused a moment.
"I do not think we caught your name."

CrimsonShadow
Glitter addict...beware

Penpal

Old 08-21-2010, 10:24 PM

Putting her hand on Strikers arm Azara smiled to him. "I know it's your job love. And yes you do take it seriously. A little bit to seriously I would say. You know I can take care of myself. But come walk with me. We must go to our seats." Slipping her hand into the crook of his arm the two began to walk through the crowd. The two of them seemed to float as they walked, they were so graceful.

As they walked Striker kept a tight grip on the sword strapped to his side and his eyes roamed the crowd for any potential danger. "I don't see why we had to come here Azara. We could have stayed home." Striker whispered quietly to her.

Azara glanced at her companion out of the corner of her eye and smiled. "Of course we had to come. We were invited." Continuing to walk Azara gathered her composure and stopped smiling.

Kry
Hero Complex

Old 08-22-2010, 05:53 AM

Tess was moving about as quickly as he could, and being careful not to drop anything that looked breakable or too important or very clean. He had only glanced at Roderick, of course nothing was ever good enough for that man. A light sigh passed his lips and he continued his work, rather diligently. After all if one was going to do a job, he should do it right. Even if he wasn't particularly fond of Roderick. He only relaxed a little bit when Roderick moved to his harem wagon and clambered up inside of it. When Naerwen came to move some things, Tes'shiran smiled and nodded politely to her, but he was quiet. He didn't speak often..Well not too often. At least he hadn't dropped anything yet, and perhaps he wouldn't. He was almost done.

Squidie64
(っ◕‿◕)&...
Send a message via AIM to Squidie64

Old 08-22-2010, 06:25 AM

Naerwen carried light things like blankets, small boxes, and such things into Roderick's tent. She set them up as she knew he preferred them, then went back for more. Naerwen only stopped when she saw a very beautiful, very important looking female moving through the crowd near the camps. She watched the woman and her companion with a small smile before returning to her work. She liked watching the noblewomen come to the tournaments. They were always dressed in the most beautiful fabrics and colors and their skin was flawless. Their make-up was perfect and their hair was woven into the prettiest styles. They were perfect. She admired them deeply.

But she had no time to stand there and people-watch. She had to help Tess get Roderick's things unpacked or Roderick would have a fit. And when Roderick had a fit, sometimes, fists went flying. Sometimes, it was a wet leather strap to the lower back. Not enough to break the skin, but enough to know better for the next time. Naerwen shivered visibly at the thought.

"..Tess? ..Where is Lord Roderick's 'good tunic'? I heard him ask for it earlier. I want to hang it up and freshen it with a little lemon, if I can find one in the market."

Kry
Hero Complex

Old 08-22-2010, 06:37 AM

Tess did his best to not get into Naerwen's way as they both unpacked things from the wagon and set them about here or there or wherever they were supposed to be. He glanced at her once or twice when she stopped to watch the people, she seemed to enjoy that, but Tess wasn't one to take the small pleasure away from her so he said nothing about it. She didn't watch for very long though, and Tess continued with his business of unpacking. When she asked for Roderick's 'good tunic' he blinked. "...It should be here...I'll get it.." He dug about in the wagon for a moment before pulling out the tunic. It was very very neatly folded and Tess turned from the wagon, moving towards Naerwen with the tunic.

Squidie64
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 08-22-2010, 06:44 AM

Naerwen smiled sweetly and held her hands out for the tunic that Roderick prized so highly. Her smiled faded, though, when she looked over Tess's shoulder.

A heavy arm came around Tess's neck suddenly. It was clothed in a sky blue linen shirt. A deep, but smooth voice sounded in Tess's ear, "Life lesson. Always be alert!" The man laughed, a deep rumble in his chest.

Last edited by Squidie64; 09-13-2010 at 01:06 AM.. Reason: Correcting a mistake

Kry
Hero Complex

Old 08-22-2010, 06:53 AM

"Ack!" Tes'shiran nearly jumped out of his skin when that arm suddenly came his neck. He jumped a bit, but not out of his skin and he managed to fumble Roderick's good tunic. Tried to catch it, failed and watched rather helplessly and hopelessly as that tunic tumbled and came to rest in a nice puddle of mud. His entire body stiffened and he didn't even try to get away from the man behind him. He just stared at the tunic in the mud. "I...I dropped his good tunic...in the mud." Tess didn't really care who was behind him now. He was more worried of how Roderick was going to react to this.

CrimsonShadow
Glitter addict...beware

Penpal

Old 08-22-2010, 06:59 AM

Walking along with Striker, Azara kept her ears open to the conversations around her. That was another advantage of her heritage exceptional hearing. The two of them continued walking until Azara felt someone looking at them. Turning her head she spotted a girl looking at her just second before getting back to work with her chores. Listening intently she heard her say something about a lemon. "We are making a detour my dear." Pulling on Strikers arm she led him over to where one of her maids was standing.

Striker frowned but listened to Azara and followed her. He wasn't fond of it but he would do anything to make his friend happy. Then he noticed they were going in the direction of one of Azara's maid's and he relaxed

When they got close to the maid she turned and saw her mistress and hurried over to her giving her a deep curtsie. Azara came to a stop with Striker and nodded to her. "Madela can you please go to the wagon and grab two lemons. Then you will take them over to that girl." She said as she looked over to the girl and couldn't help but watch the scene that unfolded and hear their conversation. "Go get the lemons and bring them to me Madela. Bring Shara back with you and do make haste." Gripping Strikers arm she led him over to the girl and her companions as her maid scurried off at a fast pace. When she got over to them she looked to the soiled tunic. "Oh dear dear dear. I am assuming that tasteful tunic belongs to you Lord?" The Dutchess said in a tone that chimed like a hundred windchimes.

Last edited by CrimsonShadow; 08-22-2010 at 07:02 AM..

Squidie64
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 08-22-2010, 07:07 AM

Naerwen froze, just as Tess did. Her heart was in her throat and she felt sick to her stomach. She looked up to the man who grabbed Tess. It was his fault and to be spared the whip, she would point fingers at him. She looked to the lady and her companion, but her mouth just opened and closed like a fish. She couldn't form words.

Lord Percival of Bercinia released Tess slowly and stepped up to his side. He set an arm on Tess's shoulder and leaned, just slightly, onto him. "What a shame," he grumbled in his deep voice, "...Quick. Spit on it."

Lord Percival was a broad man. Everywhere. He had a broad chest, broad shoulders. He was a large man. His legs were long and powerful and his arms were thick and strong. He was old, but handsome in the eyes of some young ladies. His dirty blonde hair was pulled back into a loose ponytail that swayed in the light breeze. His gray eyes moved to the Duchess and her guardian as she approached and he straightened up. Placing a hand over his heart, he bowed slightly to her.

"My Lady, the man whom that tunic belongs to is little more than a cowardly bully. ...Quick, before someone sees you doing something vulgar!" he said with a devilish grin, "Spit on it."

Percival seemed to be greatly enjoying himself and with a laugh, he reached over and gently pushed Naerwen's jaw up to close her mouth, "Easy, girlie. Keep it open any longer and you might catch an insect."

Kry
Hero Complex

Old 08-22-2010, 07:19 AM

Tes'shiran blinked a few times and looked up at Percival. "Lord Percival!" He had gasped lightly in surprise at the older man's suggestion of spitting on Roderick's tunic. Then again, he probably should not have been too surprised, but Tess was frowning and when that duchess approached, he nodded slightly. "Yes M'lady..It is the tunic of Sir Roderick." Shooting a quick almost disapproving glance to Percival when the knight spoke to the Duchess. However, Tess did find the thought of spitting on said tunic slightly satisfying, the actual action of it would probably be a lot more satisfying than just the thought. Tess seemed to shift nervously on his feet. Glancing to Naerwen as if she had the answer to this problem.

Talitha001
Send a message via AIM to Talitha001 Send a message via MSN to Talitha001 Send a message via Yahoo to Talitha001

Old 08-22-2010, 07:19 AM

(awwwww everyones having fun >< btw my avis outfit is what Linas wearing to banquet just fyi :P)

CrimsonShadow
Glitter addict...beware

Penpal

Old 08-22-2010, 07:24 AM

Azara couldn't help but to smile at Lord Percival and gave a small curtsie to his bow. She listened to Tess as he spoke and frowned when she heard Lord Rodrick's name. "Oh but I am a Lady and can do no such thing. But I just might give in to persuasion if this really is Lord Rodrick's tunic. I have heard many things about him, along with how he treats his servants." As she spoke her maids Madela and Shara came over to her and curtsied. "Here are the lemons M'Lady," Madela said softly. Grabbing the lemons Azara looked over to Naerwen. "I couldn't help but overhear you saying you wanted a lemon to freshen up the tunic but now it seems you do not need them. My dear would you please let my maids take the tunic so they can wash it for you before your Lord finds out? It would be my pleasure."

Squidie64
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 08-22-2010, 07:32 AM

Naerwen looked back to Tess, utterly dumbfounded. But as if she was jabbed with a pin, she jumped and sucked in a sharp breath, "Oh! Of course! Please!"

Naerwen stooped down quickly and she seized the garment by the shoulders. Lifting it from the muck, she brought it to eye level. Her heart sank and what little color she had in her face was gone.

Percival let out a sharp laugh and crossed his thick arms over his broad chest, "I dare say, it's completely ruined, my dear! Lord Almighty in Heaven, he is going to shit if he sees it!" As though he, too were jabbed with a pin, he jumped and a hand flew to his mouth, "Lord God, I ask your forgiveness for cursing in front of these two fine young ladies."

"What, in all the nine hells, is going on out there!?" Came from the wagon. Roderick jumped down from his Harem's wagon and strolled over to the group.

"Oh," he spat. "It's you," he said as he looked at Percival. Roderick's eyes moved over the Lady and he opened his mouth to say something, but his eyes jumped to Naerwen. His coal black eyes lit up red and he went rigid. For the moment, he said nothing. He just stared at his soiled tunic and the terrified maiden holding it.

Kry
Hero Complex

Old 08-22-2010, 07:42 AM

Tes'shiran inhaled sharply when Percival cursed. He couldn't help but be amused by the older man, though. His eyes swept over the Duchess and her people, then over Naerwen. Tess frowned deeply Roderick was probably going to kill him, he bit his bottom lip a bit hard and when Roderick emerged from that wagon, Tess' heart skipped a few beats. He stepped forward quickly though. "Forgive me, Lord Roderick. I dropped your good tunic in the mud." Tes'shiran didn't bother with making excuses or anything of that sort, it would most likely only anger Roderick more. It would be best to just get it out and over with as quickly as possible.

CrimsonShadow
Glitter addict...beware

Penpal

Old 08-22-2010, 07:50 AM

Azara couldn't help but let out a small laugh to Lord Percival's words but stopped immediately when Lord Roderick came out of the wagon. Then heard Tess speak. Azara let go of Strikers arm and put herself in front of Lord Rodrick giving him the smallest of curtsies. "Lord Roderick I am terribly sorry to say that I have ruined this tasteful tunic of yours. You see me and my guardian," She said while gestering to Striker, who had been inching closer to her before he stopped. "Well we were heading off to our seats when something off to the side caught my attention and I ran into the young lad! I nearly knocked him down! I am dreadfully sorry but I was just saying that I can have my maids try and clean it and if they can't I would be more than happy to replace it."

While she was talking Striker inched his way foward again and was now standing by her side hand gripping his sword. He didn't like that she was taking the blame but then again Azara on some days was really kind.

Squidie64
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 08-22-2010, 08:06 AM

Roderick looked at Tess with a look that could have killed him where he stood. He opened his mouth to say something, but stopped when the Duchess intervened. He looked her up and down with mild distaste, then forced a sarcastic smile.

"Forgive me, madam, but if what you say is true, then how does my...," Roderick paused, looking over her head to the small elf once again. It seemed he was attempting to choose the right word. "My whore come into the mix?

Naerwen winced and frowned deeply at the word. She was no such thing, but it was his word against hers and she couldn't prove her innocence against him. She just stood there, gripping the tunic and holding it away from her own clothes. Roderick had bought those, too. If she soiled them, he'd be just as furious.

Kry
Hero Complex

Old 08-22-2010, 08:15 AM

Tes'shiran shrank back a little from the look Roderick gave him, frowning rather deeply. He watched the Duchess for a moment, then glanced to Naerwen before looking back to Roderick. "That too, my lord, is my fault. I asked her about the ways of making the tunic seem a bit more fresh. To add to the crispness of your charm." Tess had stepped forward just a small step, he was trying to keep Naerwen from being in trouble, especially for something that was mostly his fault. He had to fight the urge to glance at Percival, that man..it was his fault really. Sneaking up behind like that. Tes'shiran would not be surprised if he had done it just to cause him to drop that tunic.

Unlmtd_Cassimir
(-.-)zzZ

Old 08-22-2010, 08:16 AM

The touch of the noble woman's hand on his shoulder sent a chill throughout his body, like a shard of ice had been run through his shoulder and allowed to melt. He was very uneasy about it, but he knew she meant no offense. He just wanted to leave as soon as possible, he had many things to tide over before the dinner. He finally replied.

"It is Cassimir, perhaps later in private I can explain my comment about Sir Roderick. I will meet you at the banquet, but I must hurry if I am to not be late."

CrimsonShadow
Glitter addict...beware

Penpal

Old 08-22-2010, 08:21 AM

Right away Azara could tell that she hated this man. But at his words she no longer hated him, she despised his very exsistence and wanted to disembowl him where he stood. The Dutchess became very still and she began to grow angrier and angrier. She knew that her Harpy was getting riled up and at any moment would take over until she calmed down. Which Striker seemed to feel. He grabbed her hand and began to draw circles in the palm of her hand. Still absolutely frozen Azara looked Rodrick up and down while Tess spoke. "You will not use such vulgar words in front of me Lord Rodrick. Do you understand me? I am a Lady and I will not put up with you disrespecting me with such language." She looked back to Naerwen and Tess and gave them a slight smile before she turned to look back at Rodrick again, her face composed with slight distaste.

Talitha001

Old 08-22-2010, 08:29 AM

Lina smiled at him and released him. She started to walk away.
"I hope we do sir. Come Range let us take our seats."
She walked away at a gentle pace. A lady never rushes. She always walked slowly no matter how quickly she needed to be somewere. She smiled at everyone as she walked.

Range growled at he guy as they left. She could not help feeling an attraction to him. He was so smart and yet mysterious. She really wanted to get to know him more. Range was so used to hating everyone that she could not even admit an attraction to this guy. When they got to there seats she pushed people out of the way so they could sit down.
"have a seat Lina. The tourny will start soon."

Squidie64
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 08-22-2010, 08:33 AM

Roderick rolled his eyes and shifted his weight to one foot. He crossed his arms across his chest and sighed, "Forgive me, my Lady, such words were the only appropriate ones I could find. The things tavern wenches do pale in comparison to the things Naerwen's done for me."

Having heard enough, Percival reached up and smacked Roderick in the mouth with the back of his hand. It was done hard enough to throw Roderick's head back a little, but not hard enough to cause any harm, not even a bruise. He feigned concern, "Oh, I am sorry. Were you speaking?"

Percival gripped the younger man's shoulder so tightly, a small pop could be heard and Roderick winced, "This fine Lady of the Court is offering you a great service for the trouble that's been caused. Now you will either apologize to her and accept her gracious offer, or I will make that pretty face of yours match that ugly tunic."

Percival let Roderick go and turned, once more to the Duchess, "My Lady, do forgive me, but I have little time to prepare for my first match. If he causes you any more grief, do not hesitate to notify me at once." Percival bowed graciously to the Lady and gave Roderick one last meaningful look. He slowly moved off, giving Tess a friendly nod as he passed.

-: Just as a quick note, I'm dashing off to bed as I can barely stay awake haha. I'll be back in the afternoon! :) :-

Last edited by Squidie64; 08-22-2010 at 08:39 AM..

CrimsonShadow
Glitter addict...beware

Penpal

Old 08-22-2010, 08:40 AM

Same here! Night everyone!

Unlmtd_Cassimir
(-.-)zzZ

Old 08-22-2010, 08:54 AM

Cassimir returned to unpack the remainder of his gear, or at least what he needed for the first match. However other things were on his mind presently. That magic had been something he was not accustomed to and it made him reconsider some things. He decided he was more unaware of the world than he had thought.

Fire had always been a part of his life, it kept him warm at night, it let him see in the dark, it even made meat taste better. He had made fire many ways, but he had never seen it come from the air itself. It was, beautiful, if fire could be such a thing. He wished he could learn how to do that one day.

He prepared for the event, hoping not to be interrupted once more, he had enough on his mind as it was.

Squidie64
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 08-22-2010, 06:50 PM

Once Percival was gone, Naerwen finally took a deep, much needed breath. She hadn't realized how little she had actually been breathing the whole time Roderick stood there. She felt a little faint and swayed slightly on her feet, but it was nothing to be concerned over.

Inhaling slowly again through her nose, she took the time to examine the tunic in her hands. Perhaps it wasn't a total loss, she thought. If the Lady's maids were miracle workers, the tunic would be ready in time for Roderick to make a memorable appearance at the banquet that evening.

She shivered, expecting to spend the night on her stomach while her back healed from the fiery welts the whip would leave.