Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 08-08-2017, 04:29 AM

Tavis grinned as he leaned forward, one hand perched on his hip. His other hand waved in a flourish, showing off the unique flower that marked his own hand. "Damn straight, got to show those things off!" He thew back his head to laugh, the sound obnoxious and sounding even over the din of people walking past them. For a hall, it was kinda a mess, but that also excited Tavis. Still, he needed to figure out who this kid was. He hummed, tapping a finger against his lips. "But still...." He trailed off again, thinking. He already narrowed the choices down considerably and a thought half-formed in his mind, almost too absurd to believe. "Basil? That's real funny though since I don't know anyone like that.....so I wonder...."

"Barrett!" The voice made both of the young men spin, revealing a slightly haggard looking Elias at the end of the hall. He let out an exaggerated breath before moving toward them, clearly having been moving through the venue with some kind of speed, a few strands of his dark hair out of place. Coming behind his soulmate, he wrapped an arm around his shoulders, pulling Barrett away from a conversation he did not want happening right now. "I've actually been looking for both of you. Let's walk for a bit shall we before I ask why this other young man is causing trouble," he hummed, giving Tavis a look as he steered Barrett away. He would have to return soon especially if Tavis was roaming around like that, but he sensed a conversation about to happen here and here was not the place he wanted it.

"At least wait until after the wedding...." he muttered under his breath, not intending for anyone to hear it.

Watching Elias and the stranger slip away, Tavis stopped to scratch his head. Or almost did anyway, but stopped himself when he felt the odd texture of gel in his hair. Oh, right. Getting married. He grabbed the nearest person available and demanded to know the location of his jacket. Getting an answer, he turned away, giving the hall another back glance. "The fuck was that?"

Wings of Writing
~★St☆rlight★~

Old 08-08-2017, 11:29 PM

Barrett immediately relaxed against Elias, the way his body just melted a little bit so he was firmly pressed against Elias's side just pure instinct at this point. He so often just wanted to spend hours curled up in Elias's lap that he couldn't fight the urge to soften any time Elias touches him. He was so consumed with the presence of his mate he didn't really catch much of Elias's interaction with the other male, only waving vaguely as he was dragged off.

It was only after a few moments, he realized the almost urgency with which Elias had pulled him away, "Hey Elias, what's up?" he asked, "I'd been looking for you, but I figured you'd be with Tavis or doing some other important thing. Though it's not exactly fair to just leave me surrounded by a bunch of strangers either, ya know?" he whined, pouting at Elias, mostly for effect. He looked bak the way he'd been dragged away from; he had a feeling that could have been quite the interesting conversation, intrigued by the other male and a pat of him wondering exactly who it could be. Did Elias drag him away with some purpose, or did he just sense trouble brewing? That Barrett had found another kindred spirit.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 08-10-2017, 11:05 PM

Elias hummed, glad Barrett didn't seem to realize who he walked with just a minute before. That conversation really was something that needed to wait. Pressing a kiss into Barrett's hair, Elias smiled down at him. "Nothing's up. Of course I have other things to do, so will you wait for me like a good boy? It won't be much longer, kay." Giving Barrett's shoulders another squeeze, he pulled back to look Barrett properly in the eyes. He would stay with Barrett until the moment he needed to walk Tavis down the aisle if he could, but that wouldn't work out, so instead, he just smiled at his mate. "I'm glad you came to find me though. Now I can get though this mess with a little less of a headache." He chuckled, feeling harried, but still content all the way to his soul.

Wings of Writing
~★St☆rlight★~

Old 08-10-2017, 11:27 PM

"I know," Barrett side, not wanting Elias to feel guilty for having to be busy with other things, "It's just a little boring, and you won't even let me meet Tavis yet, so I don't know what to do. I guess I could go and try to make friends with some of the people I saw earlier." He pondered, a part of him curious about the trio of guys earlier, but also not sure if we really should approach anyone either. "It's kinda hard to not get into trouble when I'm bored though," he said, "But I'm trying." He really had been on his best behavior the last several days, despising being in a new city and feeling the itch to go exploring the corners of it, he hadn't. Not wanting to worry Elias if he got lost. "How much longer until the wedding starts?"

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 08-12-2017, 08:44 PM

Elias winced at the mention of Tavis, almost feeling that he should mention that, in fact, Barrett had met the other man. That would only cause headaches though so he just tutted, playing the part of the concerned mate. "Please try not to make trouble. This is a wedding, Barrett," he pleaded even though he felt like he wasted his breath. If Barrett really wanted to do something troublesome, he would do it and that would be that. Elias just hoped that the desire to please him would win over. Shaking his head, he smiled down at Barrett. "I promise I' will introduce you to everyone after the ceremony, so will you be good and go back to your seat until then? Honestly, it's mostly contingent upon Tavis getting his life together at this point, but it should still start within the hour. Okay?"

Wings of Writing
~★St☆rlight★~

Old 08-12-2017, 10:10 PM

"I know, I know, and you know I've been good this whole time, but fineeee, I guess I'll go sit down" he pouted as he spoke, but let Elias lead him into the hall and to a seat on Tavis's side of the wedding hall. Before settling into his seat he grinned up at Elias, "Maybe I'll get lucky and someone will come and chat with me. I mean the way you talk about Tavis, I figure his friends have got to be troublemakers just like me, right?" He grinned as he said, this eyes bright and twinkling. He leaned up to peck on Elias on the lips, just because he could, before turning to sit in his seat, still tilting his head back to talk to the other, "After all, an hour's a long time."

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 08-16-2017, 02:25 PM

Elias winced slightly with a shake of his head. "That would seem to be the case wouldn't it? Not that I've heard much about my nephew's friends. I can only imagine though..." Scanning over the people seated on Tavis' side, he didn't find much he'd call familiar other than faces he felt sure he saw at Tavis' art gallery opening. He couldn't say a single person's name though. Sighing, he kissed Barrett over his mark, letting his hand linger on the younger man's shoulder for a second. "But it will be worth the wait won't it? Now be good. The ceremony will start before you know it." With those parting words, he finally pulled away. As much as he wanted to stay near his mate, he knew pressing matters needed his attention. Namely, Tavis.

Finding the young man pestering his groomsmen in a semi-shrill voice, Elias intervened quickly. "Now now, why don't you tell me what you're missing?" he hummed.

"But-!" A sharp look silenced Tavis. "Well there were these cufflinks...." Turning away toward the dressing area, the two continued to talk, Elias only sighing in his head. Indeed, one hour could be a very long time.

Wings of Writing
~★St☆rlight★~

Old 08-17-2017, 01:21 AM

Despite all his teasing, Barrett settled down into his folding chair to wait. He didn't really want to risk annoying Elias, not today, but the chance to tease the older man were always to great, something about his long-suffering sighs always bringing out a grin in Elias. He noticed people flitting around him, and maybe a few curious looks, he was placed awfully close to the front for a face no one recognized, but no one approached him, sticking to their own groups or simply waiting patiently for the grooms to make their appearance from the own seats.

The hall slowly filled up as the time for the actual ceremony grew closer, a low chatter settling over the room as the number of people in it increased, an undercurrent of noise that Barrett couldn't deny feeling comfortable in. Even if he had nothing to do but sit and play around on his phone, he found his attention frequently drifting to the people present, finding himself drawn to observing other people, wondering how they knew the couple, before moving on to the next family.

Finally, the lights in the hall dimmed and a soft instrumental of a rock ballad song began playing, Barrett's eyes immediately lighting up at the different music from what was expected at a wedding. He grinned glad to not hear something like Pachelbel's Canon playing from the speakers; these were clearly his type of people. As it played, a group of people slowly started walking out separating to either side of the front of the hall in neat even lines, and followed by a man with a man and woman walking on either side of him. His hair was a dark rainbow, colors muted, but still very obviously a veritable representation of all the colors from red to violet, and he was grinning from ear to ear. Barrett knew immediately this must be Tavis's mate, Davvin, and found himself almost as curious to meet this man as he was to meet Tavis.

Once Davvin had reached the front of the hall, the doors closed in the back and the song shifted into what sounded remarkably like an instrumental for a pop punk ballad, though Barrett didn't immediately recognize the song. After the song had played for a few measures, the doors opened again, revealing Elias and a smaller male on his arm, the two walking regally even if the one male looked slightly unnatural to the motions. Once they were a bit closer, Barrett couldn't suppress the urge to pout. He had met Davis earlier! And Elias had pulled him away before he could have an honest conversation with the man.

When Elias finally set next to him, Tavis officially given away and the ceremony in session, he turned that pout on Elias, using the full force of it to whisper-whine, "Why didn't you let me talk to him earlier?"

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 08-18-2017, 02:41 PM

Walking with Tavis on his arm, no matter the absurd music, Elias couldn't help but soar with pride. Just for a brief moment, it felt like the younger male actually was his son and he smiled with that knowledge. Leaving him with a simple word of support, Elias turned toward his seat, knowing that even if Tavis looked so excitedly nervous that he thrummed with it, the two young men up there couldn't be more happy.

As he slid into his seat, he heard Barrett murmur something and Elias shifted slightly, not quite turning away from the ceremony as it began. Instead, he just chided his mate slightly, ignoring the grin that crossed his face since he knew full well that this would happen. "Hush. After the wedding is over. Flashing another grin to himself, he returned his full attention to the ceremony. Although their entrance sounded nothing like traditional, most of the ceremony itself stayed true to tradition. And all through it all, Tavis and Davvin continued to stare only into each others eyes, grinning like they didn't even know a whole room full of people watched them. And maybe to them, that was just how it was. Them, alone.

After the ceremony ended and the two grooms disappeared down the aisle together, someone announced that the reception would begin in ten minutes inside. It was then that Elias stood, offering his hand to Barrett with a smile that looked so relaxed anyone could see his good mood. "Let's go. You wanted to meet everyone properly right?" he asked. "I'm sure Tavis will love talking to you too." At the moment, Elias didn't even think that was a bad thing.

Wings of Writing
~★St☆rlight★~

Old 08-25-2017, 09:27 PM

Barrett had to admit the ceremony was nice, the two men at the front were obviously completely gone on each other. He found himself watching them wondering if one day he and Elias could have that. If they could get up in front of the people that mattered most to them and completely forget that those people were even in the room. He already felt the world slipping away from him sometimes, just being around Elias. Like the urgency of real life didn't matter as much when he and Elias could spend an afternoon cuddled together on the porch just enjoying nature and each other's company. These thoughts circled his head the entire ceremony, causing him to eventually melt against Elias's side a bit, just content to be close to him and watch this moment.

After the ceremony, Barrett was eager to stand and grab Elias's offered hand, twining their fingers together just to maintain the best point of contact with each other. "You know I do!" he exclaimed, pulling Elias behind him as he marched toward the ballroom where the reception would be. Of course, it wasn't like they could immediately march over to Tavis and start chatting; the other male and his now husband having vanished for the time being. But Barrett still looked around with eager eyes, eventually heading towards the appetizer buffet to grab something to munch on.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 08-27-2017, 10:43 PM

Elias chuckled and shook his head, but he let Barrett take the lead. No matter how absurd, he couldn't deny his mate anything. He didn't care if Barrett started talking to everyone or grabbed a plate of food that would make most people dizzy. He would let any of that slide today because he felt so high on ecstasy just holding Barrett's hand. As they reached the buffet table, he squeezed Barrett's hand before finally untangling them so he could grab a plate and fill it with a few things. He didn't feel much concerned with food right now, but enjoyed the something it gave his hands to do. "Tavis and Davvin should return after not too long when they have changed their clothes. Until then, we might as well mingle. I don't know many of Tavis' friends but I can offer an introduction anyway," he hummed.

Wings of Writing
~★St☆rlight★~

Old 08-28-2017, 12:29 AM

Barrett walked away from the appetizer table, plate piled high, and a decided bounce in his step as he considered the room. "I'm sure we can find someone to talk to," he said, considering the people around them. He loved moments like this, even if they just talked about useless small talk; it was still great to interact with people you wouldn't normally encounter. "Davvin and Tavis seem like interesting guys, I'm sure they have some fun friends." That said, he did find it a bit odd to just pick someone from the crowd and start talking to them, as everyone was consumed in their own conversations clearly knowing each other. His eyes landed on the trio of guys from earlier eventually though, again with the impression that the three of them we're some of the most interesting people here. One of them was curiously eyeing him an Elias anyway, which he guess made sense, the two of them probably made an odd pair, even if Barrett was wearing normal clothes. "Come on." he said, grabbing Elias and pulling him behidn him again, "Hi! I'm Barrett! And I'm sure you've already met my mate."

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 08-28-2017, 09:09 PM

"I'm sure they do," Elias murmured, but followed Barrett without trying to stop him. This disaster would happen either way. No point in trying to hamper the younger man in his quest. Though he might have led his mate toward a different set of friends if given the chance. As it was, Barrett led him toward a trio of men, two of which he was already quite familiar with. Wincing slightly, he smiled at Tavis' friends whom he guessed were together by the way they stood. "Ah yes, we are well acquainted already as far as Tavis' friends go. Hello Erik, Javier." He offered his hand to the third man whom he wasn't sure he knew. No doubt he had been at Tavis' art showing, but it took Elias a second to conjure a name. "...And Elliot, I believe." He looked down at Barrett with his smile softening. "Barrett has been dying to meet everyone. I hope you won't tell Tavis if you get a chance to talk to him first. I've done so well keeping my plus one from him," he added with a chuckle.

Wings of Writing
~★St☆rlight★~

Old 08-28-2017, 10:47 PM

"Too well." Barrett pouted slightly at this, arms crossing over his chest. "I even met him earlier and didn't know it! And, this one," he jabbed Elias in the arm, probably harder than was entirely necessary, "Came and pulled me away before I could have a proper conversation with him." His pout deepened as he spoke, though his eyes sparkled a bit, obviously not really upset with his mate. He turned to the men in front of him, "Honestly, he's just afraid Tavis and I are gonna get along a little too well and team up against him. Like the old man he is."

Elliot chuckled as the younger male kept chattering, turning to Elias, he commented "If he's always like this, I think I see why you're afraid of him and Tavis together. It could be dangerous."

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 08-31-2017, 02:42 AM

Erik raised an eyebrow at the pair that approached them as he only recognized the older man. What with Tavis whining every other minute about certain family members keeping secrets from him, he could put together the puzzle pieces even before the younger man started speaking. Mate. Yep, this weirdo with the mark on his face was Elias' mate. Erik opened his mouth to say something snide, but Javier clapped him on the back far harder than necessary, an idiotic grin on his face like he meant nothing by it. Grouching, he revised his words.

"That's too bad that the old man won't let you two be devils together, squirt. But hey, I'm sure it's worth it right?" He glared at Javier as the other man bit back chuckles. "What?"

Elias shot a dirty look both as Barrett and Erik as they ganged up on him, even knowing it was all in good fun. He just had to be the 'old man' here didn't he? "Oh yes, very much so," Elias answered Elliot, shaking his head slightly. "But rather I was waiting for a more opportune time. And place." He glanced over the reception hall, still not sure this was that place either.

Wings of Writing
~★St☆rlight★~

Old 09-01-2017, 12:56 AM

Barrett rolled his eyes, "You can say that all you want babe, but that's most definitely not your main reason." he said to Elias, shoving him gently with his shoulder, "Though whether you main reason was actual fear or some strange desire to tease Tavis, I guess I don't really know. But I think it was the fear." His grin was bright as he spoke, really just enjoying getting to be together with Elias in a public sphere. They spent so much time just the two of them, and while he enjoyed that, but there was something about being out together and clearly mates that just filled him with this effervescent filling. He turned back to the three in front of him, eyes turning devious, "So you three know Tavis well, right? You got any idea how I can make this meeting as impactful as possible?"

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 09-03-2017, 09:31 PM

"Fear?" Elias echoed. "I'm not sure I know what you mean. Resignation and weariness at the thought maybe, but not fear." Because not matter how much he felt tired just thinking about Tavis and Barrett, he never feared any result that might come. They would get along. That was for certain. And yes, they might get into trouble, but Elias wouldn't call his reaction to that fear. He froze though at Barrett's next words, almost taking back his words about fear. Impactful? He opened his mouth, wanting to immediately shoot down this idea. However, he didn't speak near quick enough.

Javier cackled, leaning down to get a better look at Barrett's face, hands on his hips in a dramatic gesture. "Eh? You want ideas? We're his best friends, ya know, so if anyone has got ideas, it's us. We invent ideas, right Erik?" He pulled back, grinning at both of his mates because he knew without a doubt that this reception was about to get real interesting.

"We invent stuff, not ideas, idiot," Erik scoffed back, but his eyes glinted with pure mischief. "If you want to be impactful, you should kiss Elias first second he sees you two. Completely blow Tavis' mind." Erik nodded his head once, looking absolutely resolute. "Also, it will be so freakin' funny."

Elias sighed with complete and utter resignation.

Wings of Writing
~★St☆rlight★~

Old 09-03-2017, 11:50 PM

Barrett's grinned widened at the idea, "Ohhhh that is perfect and you got yourself into it by being so determined to keep me a secret," he said turning the grin on his mate. "Best idea you've ever had honest babe. I whined but if that's how I get to really make my introduction to your nephew, so worth it." His body was basically vibrating at the thought of it, eyes alight as he looked around the room, not wanting to miss the moment Tavis first saw them.

Elliott shook his head, chuckling at the situation but turning a sympathetic eye towards Elias, "You know if you wanted to avoid trouble, you really should have kept him away from these two. They're trouble personified." his eyes softened a bit though, looking over at his mates, "Though it's hard to deny them anything huh?"

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 09-04-2017, 07:41 PM

"I didn't have a choice. And apparently, I still don't," Elias murmured with a look at Elliot. Not exactly a pleading looking, but one of companionship, knowing that they lived with the same kind of troubles due to their mates. Though he still found the troublesome nature of his mate endearing to the point he wondered if he would ever get sick of it in his otherwise mundane life. Probably not. Gazing down with fondness, he dropped a hand onto Barrett's head, as much to feel close to him as keep him in place. None of this rushing off to do anything absurd. "I am not fond of this idea however. Anything that comes from Erik's mouth should be taken extreme caution. If you plan to...ah-" He trailed off, watching a commotion on the other side of the hall. Tavis and Davvin walked into the room, holding hands with excitement and happiness radiating off of them.

Wings of Writing
~★St☆rlight★~

Old 09-04-2017, 08:03 PM

Barrett turned towards the commotion as well, eyes alight as he began to look for when would be the best moment to put the plan into action. Elias really didn't get a say in it at this point; Barrett was going through with it no matter what, sure the results would be more than worth it. He needed to make sure Tavis was looking at them before acting, so he waited, ducking out from under Elias's staying hand and moving to stand in front of his mate, eye still on the pair that were actually slowly making there way towards their group. People kept stopping and chatting with the happy couple, slowly their progress, but eventually Davvin and Tavis were almost to the table they were standing in front of, and Barrett could see Tavis's eyes wander to him and Elias. Grinning briefly at the other man, he turned fully to face Elias, pushing up onto his toes and grabbing the front of Elias's shirt pulling the much taller man down to him and sealing their lips together. The kiss wasn't exactly chase, though Barrett didn't also go full throttle knowing his mate wouldn't be comfortable with that, but he did melt into his mate, moving their lips together like they'd been doing it for ages and just letting the feeling of contentment fill him at the action.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 09-08-2017, 08:49 PM

Half paying attention to the conversation Davvin started with one of his relatives, Tavis turned his eyes toward Elias, realizing that the fun-haired guy he'd seen earlier was with his uncle. He really wanted to talk to both of them so he stepped that way, then stopped short. The fun-haired guy leaned onto his tip-toes, fingers wrapped in Elias' shirt, before planting a kiss on the older man's lips. Tavis stumbled back, his eyes flying open wide. "A....ah, th...Da-!" Gasping, he grabbed hold of Davvin's sleeve, almost falling over with the force that he latched onto his mate's arm. With one hand, he managed to point at Barrett and Elias, unable to manage any further words. This...what the hell was he watching? Elias had someone to kiss?!

Letting Barrett dominate the kiss, Elias savored the taste of it, in no real hurry to stop despite where they were. He didn't want to get dragged into a show like this, but Barrett wanted it and he could hardly deny the fun. Finally letting the kiss end, he slid his eyes over to the married couple that had been walking their direction. A faint smile played over his lips, one eyebrow quirking up. "I think you got their attention."

Wings of Writing
~★St☆rlight★~

Old 09-08-2017, 10:04 PM

Davvin stumbled several steps, only barely managing to give his aunt a sheepish grin before he was completely at his husband's mercy. He turned to see what had Tavis so shocked and couldn't help the laugh he let out. Of course, it was something so simple to get his mate so worked up. "Well, it looks like your uncle has found his mate, come on let's go meet him." With that he twisted his hand in Tavis's hold, so that they were holding hands rather than Tavis just gripping his arm like a lifeline and pulled his still flabbergasted mate behind him until they were standing in front of the other pair. "I think you broke Tavis." he commented, humor filling his words.

Barrett pecked Elias once more on the lips, because he could, before turning around and grinning at the two guys that approached him, "That was kinda the plan. Well, I don't think that was Elias's plan, but it's his fault for keeping me secret anyway." His eyes were bright, clearly amused as he looked over at Tavis, "I'm Barrett by the way. I think I may have introduced myself as Basil earlier, but I go by my last name. And yes I am Elias's mate."

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 09-11-2017, 04:09 PM

Tavis continued to stammer, unable to make his thoughts into something coherent. This? Since when did Elias? Elias of all people! If not for Davvin's grip leading him forward, Tavis thought he might still be frozen in the same spot, everyone in the hall giving them weird looks instead of congratulatory ones. He just couldn't believe his eyes. Stopping in front of the other couple, he listened to Davvin laugh as the thoughts in his head slowly started to form sentences even as he continued to stand, gaping.

Elias raised one eyebrow, looking at the pair of newly weds that had approached. Their responses were...really, about how he expected. And as much as he wanted to chastise Barrett, he felt a smile tugging on his own lips. "Forgive me. I believe I had too much fun at my nephew's expense. Barrett, let me properly introduce you to Tavis and Davvin." He glanced at Tavis' still shocked figure. "Even if you broke one of them."

Tavis managed to shake himself just enough to jab a finger at Barrett and Elias, all those thoughts forming into a single sentence. "When were you going to tell me you found your mate?!"

Wings of Writing
~★St☆rlight★~

Old 09-12-2017, 12:42 AM

"Well, ya know, I think most would assume that when Elias added a plus one it could be just some random Joe. I mean, this is Elias we're talking about. I've only known him a few months and he's about as close to a recluse as anyone I know." He leaned forward as he spoke balancing on the balls of his feet, eyes never straying to far from Tavis, enjoying the show way too much. "I fear to think what would have happened if I hadn't basically accidentally walked into his studio one day. Though maybe I'd have saved us a ton of trouble if I'd actually seen one of your paintings that day, old man," He grumbled the last bit mostly to himself and Elias, eyes flicking over to his mate briefly, before his full attention was back on Tavis.

"But I've been really excited to meet you, ya know." He continued speaking, leaning forward conspiratorially for the next part, "You know Elias has been terrified of us meeting. Which really just made me want to meet you all the more." He leaned back once he was done, eyes still eager, hoping Tavis would snap out of his freak out enough to actually interact with him some.

Davvin watched the whole exchange from the side, unable to stop at the occasional chuckle. Tavis was a troublemaker and it seemed Elias was cursed to have troublemakers in his life because Barrett almost seemed worse in some ways than Tavis could be. Or maybe it was just right now Barrett was clearly so sure of himself and the situation made him seem almost dangerous. He turned to Elias, smiling, "I like him."

Last edited by Wings of Writing; 09-12-2017 at 02:21 AM..

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 09-13-2017, 11:26 PM

Tavis continued to mumble, mostly to himself at this point. "This is impossible. Why didn't I guess this? No....I did, but..." He shook his head, looking at Barrett with a sort of awe that only Elias' mate could conjure. Maybe it was strange and stupid considering he'd just married his own mate, but he thought Elias would always be the static mate-less man he'd spent the most formative summer of his life with. This, the man who had walked him down the aisle, also had someone important at his side now. Half hearing the conversation continuing around him, he felt the thought come fully to its realization. Elias had found his mate. He could also be happy now.

Smiling despite how exasperated he tried to look at Barrett, Elias hummed in agreement. "Perhaps, kid, but what would we have learned from taking the easy route?" he murmured, the words only meant for Barrett as he leaned down, brushing a loose strand of hair back into its meticulous style that was supposed to look half-way appropriate for a wedding. Straightening again, he nodded to Davvin in acknowledgement. "Me too."

Scratching his head, Tavis finally let out a sheepish smile. He'd finally regained his composure and with it, his fondness for his uncle. "Ah...well, I'm glad. Congratulations for finding an obnoxious mate for yourself." He coughed into his hand, feeling allergic to too much kindness. Punching Davvin lightly in the arm, he grinned even wider. "Because this guy is definitely obnoxious as hell!"