Kirin Rosenbaum
I am a Kiri-fish.

Penpal

Old 05-11-2016, 08:44 PM

Alexi and Lucius had been loading up the duffalbag. He froze when he saw a car pull up to the house. No no no this wasn't good. He had to stay calm for Lucius. He heard Roland say he was coming out the window. He looked up seeing him let go of the window ledge. Boy he hoped he could do this. He concentrated and soon a cushion of air was around Roland and he moved slowly to the ground. They would have to get medicine and other things at another time. He grabbed up the bag and Lucius.

"You alright?" He whispered taking the bag of food from Roland as well.

Precarious Fool
Are you kitten me right meow?

Old 05-11-2016, 08:50 PM

Roland sighed in relief as the wind cushioned him and brought him safely to the ground. "Thank you." He whispered, squeezing Alexi's hand before pulling away and helping to gather up anything else that had been left. It took a moment before he noticed the other person, he nearly jumped, thinking they had been caught. He sent a questioning glance towards Alexi but didn't say anything, there wasn't time. Obviously he knew the person, as he was calm and holding onto him. With his arms full of pillows and clothes, he turned towards the rest of the small party. Before he could speak he heard his fathers shouts, obviously he had reached his bedroom door and would probably soon be trying to get in.

"Let's go..." He whispered as he hurried away, keeping to the darkness the best they could. Even as he moved he looked over his shoulder, hoping they were not being followed.

Kirin Rosenbaum
I am a Kiri-fish.

Penpal

Old 05-11-2016, 09:16 PM

Alexi nodded and took off back towards the woods. His heart was racing as the wind picked up a bit, but not to much. He was doing his best to keep his powers in check. He made sure to keep them far away from Marcus' territory. The last thing they needed to was run into any of that group. He was glad they ran into Lucius. He had felt very guilty about leaving the small boy behind. But at the time it didn't seem as he had had any choice.

Precarious Fool

Old 05-11-2016, 09:22 PM

Roland wasn't willing to stop running, not until they were all the way back at the cabin. His legs ached and he was out of breath. In the clearing by the cabin he dropped to his knees, gasping for air. He hadn't even checked to see if Alexi and the boy were able to keep up, he was just afraid of being caught by his father, or any of the others in the city.

The stolen items tumbled to the ground around him and he collapsed on the pile of them. At this point all he wanted to do was laugh, it had been stupid, reckless, and dangerous to go back and all they had to show for it was a few measly things. How would they be able to get a hold of anything else now? Not if Marcus and his father had the war they were hoping for.

Kirin Rosenbaum
I am a Kiri-fish.

Penpal

Old 05-11-2016, 09:29 PM

Alexi collapsed next to Roland. "We made it," He said panting and laughing. He leaned against Roland. Lucius was still in his arms. He leaned in and kissed Roland just so damn happy to have made it out of there. They didn't have much, but at least it was more then they had had. And nature would provide them with other things. They would make it. The three of them now.

"Ewww gross." Lucius said with a giggle as the two older men kissed.

Precarious Fool

Old 05-11-2016, 09:39 PM

Roland readily returned the kiss, hoping that they truly were safe, at least for a little while. What if they had been followed? The interruption by the small boy reminded him that they had company. He sent Alexi a questioning glance, it was obvious the boy was a mutant, but how had he ended up with Alexi, in the middle of the night outside of his parents house?

While he waited for an explanation he gathered up all the items that he had dropped, wanting to get them inside the cabin, hidden away from the world. At this point all he wanted to do was sleep for an entire week, the whole ordeal and stress of the situation was wearing on him.

Kirin Rosenbaum
I am a Kiri-fish.

Penpal

Old 05-12-2016, 12:48 AM

"Roland this is Lucius. Lucius this is Roland." He said hoping Roland wouldn't be mad at him for bringing the child along. He just hadn't had the heart to send him back to Marcus.

"Hello." Lucius said shyly. "Oh I forged somethings before I ran into you Alexi." He pulled off his small backpack and handed it to the older mutant.

"I am sure it will be very useful." Alexi said with a smile taking the bag. "Lucius spotted me outside your house."

Precarious Fool

Old 05-12-2016, 01:05 AM

Roland offered a weak smile, "Hello." It wasn't that he was angry, no he was just concerned, another mouth to feed, someone else else to keep safe. Could they handle this? Would they truly be able to survive here? The weight of the day had his head pounding. "Well I am glad it is he who found us... and not my father." He managed with a chuckle, sitting on one of the chairs in the small room, taking his shoes off. In the morning they could figure out the supplies and sort through them, right now he wanted nothing more than to sleep.

He was unable to hold back a yawn, rubbing his eyes. "We should get some rest." He wasn't sure where their new charge would sleep, perhaps it was good that he had grabbed the extra bedding from his parents home.

Kirin Rosenbaum
I am a Kiri-fish.

Penpal

Old 05-12-2016, 01:22 AM

Lucius is going through the bedding. He picked out some thick blankets and a pillow. He went and set them up in a corner. He was just glad that he had decent bedding.

Alexi could feel the stresses of the day weighing on him and he yawned as well. He took of his shoes and just went and sat on Roland's lap. He nuzzled him softly. He let out a small content sigh. He had been worrying about Lucius for awhile now. He was glad that Lucius was away from Marcus.

Precarious Fool

Old 05-12-2016, 01:35 AM

Roland wrapped his arms around Alexi, pulling him close to him, burying his face against his neck. It had been so long since he had spent so much time with Alexi, even if was filled with fear and anguish at leaving behind his life. He could not hold back another yawn, ready to fall asleep even sitting here in this chair. "Let us rest..." He purred, standing up, taking Alexi with him. With Lucius resting already on his bed, he pulled Alexi towards the bedroom, wanting nothing more than to sleep for a week straight.

Immediately he fell upon the bed, letting out a sigh as he sunk in. It wasn't as comfortable as the one at his parents, but it didn't matter, it was theirs.

Kirin Rosenbaum
I am a Kiri-fish.

Penpal

Old 05-12-2016, 02:20 AM

Alexi followed him with a yawn himself. He sunk into the bed next to him. "What do you think of Lucius?" He asksed snuggling close to Roland. He was very curious about this. "He's a good kid. A hard worker." He mumbled with another yawn. He was having a hard time staying awkae.

Precarious Fool

Old 05-12-2016, 02:26 AM

Roland fit himself against Alexi, resting his head against his shoulder. "I hardly know him..." He said with a yawn, closing his eyes, struggling to keep awake. "If you trust him..." Another yawn, "then so do I". He knew that if he had brought him here, he must be okay, it must be safe, Alexi wouldn't compromise their safety, not with it so new. Plus, he couldn't complain about someone else around, someone to help share in the work it would take to survive, even if it meant another mouth to feed. Roland mumbled something but he couldn't seem to form the words, instead he just pulled Alexi closer and allowed himself to drift off. Tomorrow they could worry about everything, right now he just wanted to sleep, he was sure he would sleep away the entire day, if given the chance.

Kirin Rosenbaum
I am a Kiri-fish.

Penpal

Old 05-12-2016, 11:03 AM

Alexi was glad that Roland would trust Lucius. Alexi laid watching Roland sleep for awhile before drifitng off to sleep himself. Though he was bone weary his sleep wasn't as restful as he would have liked. He kept having dreams about the attack.. Some of them ended with the mutants winning and taking over the city. More often then not they ended with the mutants dead or captured. He was very greatful that the three of them wouldn't be there when the attack happened.

It was about ten when he finally woke. He slipped out of bed to check on Lucius. Lucius was still asleep in the corner he had for himself. Alexi smiled and walked outside. He started practicing with his powers to center his mind for the day. None of them could risk going back to the city. He wondered if there was another town near by the could forage in.

Precarious Fool

Old 05-12-2016, 11:20 AM

Roland's sleep was dreamless, he was far too tired for any of that. Movement had woken him, he yawned and looked around to find Alexi gone. The sun was out and bright, meaning it was well into the day, yet still he felt so tired, unable to climb from the bed. Perhaps if he just stayed in bed for a few minutes more, he would feel more awake. That logic seemed to agree with him, because he curled back into the bed, pulling the covers tightly around himself. Yes, he just needed a minute more, then he'd get up and help Alexi...

It didn't take long before his eyes closed and he was fast asleep once more.

Kirin Rosenbaum
I am a Kiri-fish.

Penpal

Old 05-12-2016, 11:50 AM

Lucius woke and stretched. This was the first time he remembers ever sleeping this well. He walked outside to see Alexi practicing. He stood in the cabin door watching him. He had always enjoyed watching the older mutant practice. He, not for the first time, wished he had cool powers like Alexi's. All he had was scales.

Alexi finished up with his practice. He felt much better. He turned to the cabin and smiled when he saw Lucius. He walked over and scooped him up and headed inside.

Precarious Fool

Old 05-12-2016, 12:02 PM

Roland heard movements outside of the bedroom. He groaned and pulled the blanket over his head, wanting nothing more than to continue to sleep. Of course he should be up, but that didn't mean he wanted to. With a groan he pushed the blankets away and all but rolled out of the bed, nearly sending himself crashing to the floor. Roland never had been a morning person, he much preferred to sleep in late, that would be difficult to change, even if he was responsible for helping ensure their survival out here.

Now all he could picture was taking a warm shower and going to the diner for breakfast. He let out a frustrated sigh, realizing that his life would no longer be that easy, but at least he was with Alexi. He noticed the two together instant as he left the room, obviously they were close. "Good morning." He grumbled as he stumbled through, attempting to rub the sleep from his eyes. He managed to find the bag that he had filled with food and carelessly dumped it onto the table, digging through until he found an apple.

Kirin Rosenbaum
I am a Kiri-fish.

Penpal

Old 05-12-2016, 12:23 PM

"Good morning." Alexi said with a small chuckle. So his love wasn't a morning person. It was rather cute. "I am going to build a smoke house. So we can smoke some fish to put up for the winter." He said getting himself a slice of bread. "I also think I can make bread. Though we'll see what comes of that."

Lucius took a small apple and went and sat in the corner on his bedding. He would do his best not to be a burden. Even though Alexi had assured him he wasn't.

Precarious Fool

Old 05-12-2016, 12:32 PM

Roland only waved his hand and mumbled in reply. Right now he didn't think he could think about anything to do with winter, or fish, or their own survival. He had hoped the morning would bring a sense of excitement, fulfillment, at finally being able to be with Alexi, but instead it brought only negative thoughts. How long would they have to struggle? Sure, they had food now, but they'd grow tired of fish, of bread. And what would they do every day? It wasn't as if they had cable out here. He had brought a few books, but they wouldn't last long, and most he had read already.

With the dark thoughts in his mind he left the cabin, taking his apple with him. The last thing Alexi needed was him to bring down the mood. The damp grass was cold on his bare feet but he continued on his path, knowing he just needed to get away for a moment, to gather his thoughts, remind himself of why he made this choice, why he left behind his life. With more struggle than he should have, he swung himself into a low branch of a tree near the edge of the clearing, eyes trained on the cabin.

Kirin Rosenbaum
I am a Kiri-fish.

Penpal

Old 05-12-2016, 12:44 PM

Alexi watched him go. He started to panic inside. Was Roland regretting his choice? Was he regretting leaving his life behind? He started shaking the wind picking up a bit. No, he had to control this. The wind died down as Alexi calmed down. They would make this work. Wouldn't they?

Lucius went over and hugged Alexi. "It will be alright." He was just glad to be away from Marcus. He just held tight to Alexi to help him calm down more.

Precarious Fool

Old 05-12-2016, 12:58 PM

Roland worked to stop the negative thoughts, he had to if this was going to work. He finished his apple, barely registering the taste, only eating to fill his stomach because he knew he should. How long would it be before Alexi regretted his choice to bring him along? He knew he had a problem with his mood, going into dark places and taking days to come out of it. Could their love be enough to survive it? Meeting for hours at a time, a few days a week wasn't the same as living together, surviving together, practically alone in the woods with very few other distractions.

He was startled when he felt his pocket vibrate, nearly losing his balance on the branch. He sighed in relief that it was only his phone. Where are you? Your dad is angry! the message read, sent by his cousin and friend. He had been the only person of his family that he was remotely close to, until his cousin had gotten married and moved away. It must be bad if his father was contacting him, perhaps he figured Roland ran off to be with them. Even though his father didn't know about this phone, he panicked, wondering if they would be able to trace him here, if he had ruined everything already. His finger hovered over the send button, wondering if it was wise to do so, even if it was only to let his cousin know he was safe...

Kirin Rosenbaum
I am a Kiri-fish.

Penpal

Old 05-12-2016, 05:38 PM

Alexi kept himself and Lucius busy. Though his mind sti) tried to wander down dark paths. He had decided to build a smile house. That way they could preserve meat for winter. He wondered where Roland was. Was he safe? He had to force himself to stop thinking this way. He hated that his self esteem was so low. It had been since he had developed his abilities and had gotten kicked out and had lost his family. That's how he had ended up with Marcus and his gang. Marcus had made him feel a part of something. A part of a family. And that was how Marcus controlled them. He threatened them with loss of home. Loss of family. Something that had all already experienced at least once

Precarious Fool

Old 05-12-2016, 06:04 PM

Quickly, Roland hit send on the message then turned the phone off, not wanting to risk his father being able to find them. He tucked the phone back in his pocket and dropped down from the tree. His mind was still in turmoil but he couldn't hold that against Alexi, he would have to at least help out to sort through what he managed to bring back and what they might still need. Before he got to work on sorting through the stuff he moved behind Alexi, placing his hand on his shoulder and squeezing lightly. He didn't know what to say, he couldn't explain his mood, but he wanted to reassure him that he still cared, that he was still here.

He didn't linger, instead he found the duffle bag he had brought with him and dumped the contents out on the bed. It was mostly clothes, but he had snagged a few other odds and ends, four books, his pocket knife, some cash, a deck of cards, and a small metal container. He unscrewed the lid, looking at the contents, a dozen or so small, white pills. He didn't want to get caught with those so he closed it and hit the container under a corner of the mattress. The rest of the stuff was sorted and folded, a few pairs of pants, mostly his sweatpants, t-shirts, and other basic clothing. Most of which should also fit Alexi, hopefully.

Everything was left in a neat pile on the bed while he figured out where he could put the stuff.

Kirin Rosenbaum
I am a Kiri-fish.

Penpal

Old 05-12-2016, 07:43 PM

Alexi felt Roland squeeze his shoulder and he smiled. Things would be alright. He had to believe that. He hoped that he and Lucius would be able to help Roland adjust to this lifestyle. He knew it wouldn't be easy for him to adjust. He was used to not wanting for anything. He continued to work on the smoke house.

Lucius followed Roland inside silently. He watched him from the bedroom door. He was still a little wary, but if Alexi trusted this human he would too.

Precarious Fool

Old 05-12-2016, 09:52 PM

As Roland left the room he noticed the boy watching him. He hoped the boy had not seen him hide the pills, something he was not ready to give up yet, but didn't want Alexi to know about.

Still not in the mood for conversation, Roland set about cleaning up the main area. He found a large bowl for the fruit, and stacked the other items in the cabinets. He looked at the bottle of wine, wishing he had had time to go to his father's study for the stronger stuff, something he was sure even Alexi would appreciate right now.

Kirin Rosenbaum
I am a Kiri-fish.

Penpal

Old 05-13-2016, 12:35 AM

Alexi came in, needing a break from building. He went over to Roland and wrapped his arms around him. He rested his head on Roland's back. Self doubt still plagued him but he wouldn't voice them. He loved Roland and that was all that mattered. No matter what he would do all in his power to make this work.

Lucius goes and sits on his bed. Alexi had offered to make him a bed frame but he had told the older mutant he was fine with what he had. He had seen Roland hide the pills but he knew it wasn't his place to say anything about it.