Simple Illusion

Old 12-27-2009, 05:39 AM

Book: Loved.

Or at least I had loved the books. I thought that they were really well written pieces. They showed emotion and situations in a slightly more realistic way then some other books I've read. In my opinion they were easy to read and easy to follow. But then the movie came out and my opinion plummeted.

Movie: Absolutely Hated.

It thoroughly surprised me to learn that Stephenie Meyer herself helped direct and pick the cast. The movie turned out nothing at all like the book and the cast, especially Edward played by Robert Pattinson, did not fit the part. The only one I found to fit in the slightest was Alice. The lines weren't said anywhere near realistically that is unless you.....always talk......with long.....pauses and choppy sentences. It litteraly hurt to watch such a wonderful book being murdered on screen.

KillerMiku
(-.-)zzZ

Old 01-05-2010, 12:59 PM

Well yeah im agree with the thread starter on the love books and hate movies. i havn´t read that much in the books,but they are much,much better then the movies. I just hate the actors in the movies,Aspecially Bellas and Edwards. Edwards was suppost to be cute and like...good looking right? Then why does he look like he is taking to much drugs? .-. the same with bella,she also look like she is on drugs if you ask me-so i don´t think the movie really made it through. I also almost feel asleep by the movie-it was just...boring really. But the books keep me awake for hours and when I read them I read for a long,long time. So i really like the books but i hate the movies. Which was why i decided to not go to New Moon-i didn´t want to sleep in a chinema x'P. But yeah. i just think the movies should had been able to be better,with better actors and some remakes on some spots. But i also think it is a little lame for a vampire movie to be honest-i like Underworld much,much better. so,i guess that is about all i have to say-for now ~~

Icebreaker
Below Zero

Old 01-06-2010, 03:03 AM

Tried reading first book, didn't like it at all.
Watched first movie. I believe there was more action and script in Napoleon dynamite.
To say the truth, I understand that it appeals to young girls and stuff, but why its so hyped up completely leaves me like..whut? O_O
Im not a hater of it btw, just don't like it. People like different things~

Kole_Locke
(^._.^)ノ

Old 01-06-2010, 03:18 AM

I'm going to rent the movie so I can give an honest opinion, but it seems to be the thing with the young teenage girls right now as of late. Oh well I will have to get back on this one, but I can say it seems a bit out of character as far as the vampire genre is concerned from the trailers I have actually seen.

sarofset
Jeddak of Helium

Old 01-07-2010, 07:47 AM

Book: Hate.
It was poorly written. The main character had no real personality whatsoever. It seem though that this was intentional. The writer wanted any little prepubescent girl reading the book to be able to put herself in as the lead protagonist. It is drivel. If that wasn't bad enough, I have to hear about this crummy Buffy remix from every freaking girl I talk to. Is this really the height of literature for american teens today? what about all of the writers with an actual vision, or at least some skill?

I encourage you to go find a book by an author you've never herd of, and read it. If you want to read about vampires that's fine. If you just want romance that's fine as well. Just explore a bit instead of letting yourself fall victim to the latest fad.

...The movie was worse than the book. that is all.

Harmonius
Ouran High School Host~

Old 01-07-2010, 12:34 PM

Meh. I'm not a fan, but I wouldn't say I hate it.

Thought I really don't understand what people think is hot about the guy who plays Edward. :|

But yeah. Sort of neutral.
I've only read two of the books and avoided the movies.

antinous
(-.-)zzZ
Send a message via AIM to antinous

Old 01-07-2010, 05:08 PM

@halfbreedfox - Pixies! Exactly! Sometimes when customers come in to the bookstore where I work and ask me what Twilight is about I tell them it is about pixies. They look at me weird, but so worth it when I send them away with something else. ANYTHING else.

Also, I'd love to know what animal rights activists have to say about SMeyers vampires. The 'vegetarians' that eat endangered animals rather then people. :/

Antiphona
Nippon Ichi Fantard

Old 01-07-2010, 10:39 PM

The books were poorly written with characters who have no depth whatsoever.
Her writing was that of a teenager, not an million dollar author.
However, I did like Jacob. I actually felt for him.

The movies were below par also. The acting was horrible, I hated the make-up, and it didn't hold my attention.

Arikana
do you believe?

Old 01-08-2010, 03:28 AM

Ugh. I hated the movies, but I am looking forward to [hopefully] a good fight scene in Eclipse movie, though I won't count on it happening. XD

But the books were pretty good, I'm just not a big fan of EdwardxBella, JacobxBella, or Edward in general. >.>

Edward's gotta learn to man up and not give in to EVERY single one of Bella's wants. >.> Such a pansy of him. :/

Seer of the Past
(◎_◎;)
Banned

Old 01-08-2010, 06:02 PM

I love the books. They show vampires in a better light. Not these Dracula people that have weird accents and turn into bets. They are just people that have extraordinary powers and have just been made more powerful. I loved the movie, because they did a good job of dealing with the budget they had, but "New Moon" was by far better. They were almost spot on with the book. Of course there were somethings they couldn't do but they made it work and it was a mazing.

darkwingedfaerie
⊙ω⊙

Old 01-14-2010, 09:47 PM

(I agree with you! I hated the movie, loved the books)

MOVIES: You know, I think New Moon was a lot better than Twilight. The dialogue in the first film was just horrible. Agh, I don't even wanna get into that haha. I don't feel that Kristen Stewart really improved...I just don't like her as an actress. I think she's awkward...and, yes, Bella is supposed to be awkward....but not with bad acting haha. I wanna see how Breaking Dawn is going to turn out. I didn't like how that book ended, so I wonder if they'll change the story at all.

Sugiza
gotta get a grip

Old 01-15-2010, 03:52 PM

I am one of those souls who hated both the book and the movie. Well, okay, for a few reasons for each. The only obvious one is I don't like the plot or story...at all. At all. Both Bella AND Edward were insufferable characters and the only good one in my honest opinion was Jacob...period. But it delves deeper than that; I just don't like the writer. Meyer can't write very well, and the book reads more like a fanfiction than an actual published piece of literature should. Perhaps I'm spoiled from reading copious amounts of King and Patterson in my life, but I really don't like Meyer's writing style. And I just don't like movies period.

Demon_of_the_Sand
⊙ω⊙

Old 01-16-2010, 01:23 AM

i dont care much for the books the first movie wasn't that great but New Moon my god now i so gotta see the next one blasted Jasper and puppies

pumpkins
⊙ω⊙

Old 01-16-2010, 09:49 PM

@Voe: aaaaaa you're so right. thank you.

WOW THIS MOVIE JUST BLOWS and sucks at the same time. I didn't even know it was physically possible. HAHAhA sorry

The movies are funnier than average comedies. I went to see new moon with a bottle of vodka and red bull. good times, good times.

Twisted Insanity
Fantasmicly Glitterific

Old 01-17-2010, 12:56 AM

I'm not a huge fan on Twilight, but I don't exactly hate it. I liked the books better than the first movie, though. I still haven't seen New Moon.

ShotgunSinner
\ (•◡•) /

Old 01-17-2010, 02:53 PM

When I first read the series,I liked them,my friend recommended that I read them.But then the film came out and everyone started liking it and read the books and drooled over the actors in the film.That put me off.I thought New Moon was bettere than the first film,but I think it was the change of director that made it better.But all the fangirls screaming when we were lining up and when they saw Edward on the screen ruined it for me.Not only that,but a girl at my school said that if she ever met a vampire,she would ask it to bite her.I found that scary/pathetic.I just can't wait for this silly craze to end...

Huffie
Sa Tonkiki, sa Tonkinoise~

Old 01-17-2010, 03:00 PM

I'm quite happily in the middle! :) I've never read the books because I'm just not into young adult vampire romance stories, but I don't hate them at all. Same goes for the movie really, I didn't hate it (I haven't seen the second one yet), but I don't love it either. I did find it a fairly enjoyable way to pass the time. :D Although I really see your point regarding the actress who plays Bella! :lol:

The thing I really hate is Twilight haters; yaaaaawn!

WWE123d

Old 01-18-2010, 04:49 AM

Hate.
........Do I have an reason?.........
ok one: Fangirls

Tayet
⊙ω⊙

Old 01-21-2010, 01:30 AM

I started reading Twilight when there was only the first two books out. It was the authors first books so I didn't have big expectations but I enjoyed them. They were a nice easy read and I read the next two books as well.

But now everyone is making such a big deal of it. All these fangirls that are so creepy and haters that are all so annoying.
I really hate this certain line that some haters use: "Real vampires don't sparkle."
Vampires aren't real in the first place and who says they wouldn't sparkle if they were real? Vampires are a fictioness creature and so many authors have made them into what ever they want them to be. Stephenie Meyer used her imagination to make them sparkle and Anne Rice makes hers burn in the sun. Who cares it's all fiction.

BlargMuffin
(-.-)zzZ

Old 01-21-2010, 02:37 PM

I like both.
But thats just my opinion.

BalledKalilee
(-.-)zzZ

Old 02-05-2010, 03:04 AM

I hate the series with every fiber of my being.
Reason 1: Sparkling vampires are not true vampires. In fact they AREN'T vampires, they're PIXIES. So if you've ever wondered where your PRECIOUS body glitter came from. It's the Pixie-pires.

Reason 2: Good god in heaven the writing is terrible.

Reason 3: Bella is a Mary Sue.

Reason 4: Edward is an abusive, cold jerk.

:| The only reason why I would even go see the last movie would be to see Bella Spew a fountain of blood from her mouth while having that horrid abomination of a baby.

Dream Weaver
wandering echo
Send a message via MSN to Dream Weaver

Old 02-05-2010, 03:14 AM

Hated the book so didnt bother to watch the movie.

TheNewCSLewis
TheNewCSLewis

Old 02-09-2010, 02:27 AM

I would not mind twilight so much if people did not make such a big deal about it...it was a horribly written book and cheaply done movies...so why do people like it so much?!?!?!?!?! It amazes me to no end. Edward is a creeper, Bella is pathetic, and Jacob (even though he is hot) is retarded for loving Bella and then her daughter. Bella makes women look weak and stupid...I hate her!

Plus they are not real vampires and werewolves!!! she is so stupid! the only thing she got right is that the vampires suck blood!!
So all in all I HATE IT!!!

Last edited by TheNewCSLewis; 02-09-2010 at 02:28 AM.. Reason: needed to add

SakuraUchiha18

Old 02-10-2010, 01:35 AM

I hate Twilight and the reason is because the books are poorly written and vampires DON'T sparkle.

akhmonster
⊙ω⊙

Old 02-10-2010, 02:06 AM

i really dislike all of it, the books although the story was alright the writing was very childish and fan-fictiony and the movies are so laughably dramatic that it's disgusting. also i want my vampire to rip me to pieces and explode in the sun-light, not be a disco ball