Claha
\ (•◡•) /
Send a message via AIM to Claha

Old 03-21-2007, 08:58 AM

I saw it, and loved every bit of it. The movie was very well filmed, and the plot line was decent. Despite the fact that it was a bit serious at times, it also had humor every now and then, which was nice.

Over all, very good movie. I'd recommend it to anyone.

Mascot Sith
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 03-21-2007, 02:27 PM

I havent seen it yet
I will tho
:D

Bani
\ (•◡•) /

Old 03-22-2007, 02:51 AM

300 is my new all time favorite movie. I was extremely happy with every aspect of the film, except for the queen sleeping with the traitor. I knew...that was going to fall back at her. She should have tried something else.

The graphic novel 300 is hardly as good as the movie. I did like the art though, but not enough to make me read it.

I hear the movie is supposed to come out in May on DVD. At least that's what they told me at Suncoast. I'm surprised to hear it would be coming out so soon.

Jitsumi1221
(◎_◎;)
Send a message via AIM to Jitsumi1221 Send a message via MSN to Jitsumi1221 Send a message via Yahoo to Jitsumi1221

Old 03-22-2007, 03:18 AM

*hops around with shosho excited* omg YESSSS the way they handled those spears was like WOAH KICK ASS! hehehe *snuggles short shosho* omg.. i want a man that can handle his spear that way *cracks up laughing* omg i cant wait till it comes on DVD, its going to be like when PoTC came out for me.. i watched it every single day that week ^^;;

hey hey... there were PLENTY of scantily clad women in it too... s'not like only the men were wearing barely anything >.>;

stilettolover
Dead Account Holder
Send a message via AIM to stilettolover

Old 03-22-2007, 03:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jitsumi1221

hey hey... there were PLENTY of scantily clad women in it too... s'not like only the men were wearing barely anything >.>;
LOL, but it's a movie about 300 scantily clad men. xD There were only a handful of women.

Jitsumi1221
(◎_◎;)
Send a message via AIM to Jitsumi1221 Send a message via MSN to Jitsumi1221 Send a message via Yahoo to Jitsumi1221

Old 03-22-2007, 04:25 AM

*snort* minor details ^o^ i think there are enough boob shots to negate men in speedos.. especially since there is so much blood and gore (since that "usually" deters females from watching)

shosho
(。⌒∇⌒)&...

Old 03-22-2007, 10:31 AM

WHOA, WTH~ jitsu is also POTC fan?! YAY!!! XD <3 omg, I did the same thing, too~ *A* w/ potc, I mean~ Watched that thing at least 3-4 times a day XD <333;;; I actually remembered the lines so well, too hahah... *dork*

I'll probably do the same thing with them yummeh Spartans ;D <3

To be honest, I didn't like the queen too much? I mean, I knew she's a powerful character... or she's supposed to be... but she didn't really feel all that powerful, especially in that "council" scene x____x; After I heard her, I was like, "... That's it?!"

@ bani: D; you should becareful w/ spoilers ^^;;;;

Jitsumi1221
(◎_◎;)

Old 03-23-2007, 02:50 PM

*nods* I'm a big huge Pirates of the Caribbean fan, and Harry Potter as well, i go opening night to see all the movies (and for HP i go with friends dressed up - cause we're just THAT nerdy). *nods* and i felt that way about her as well, she didn't seem all THAT strong. i mean hell didn't the ancient women in Sparta also fight? I'm nearly positive i remember reading that spartan women fought uber well and trained like crazy just as much as the men did. and she certainly gave in easily when *waves vaguely* you know.. and that really annoyed me to no end.

shosho
(。⌒∇⌒)&...

Old 03-23-2007, 03:25 PM

hahah, Yay! Fellow fan! XD <3 I'm actually not too excited with the first three HP movies, to be honest x____x; The acting was so bad, though by the last movie that came out, I thought they did a really great job! XD <3

Anyway, getting back on topic, I actually don't know too well about Spartan history to comment on how the women were supposed to be, but I had that feeling that she's supposed to be stronger. Some of her lines I felt were... weak, unfortunately.

I did love the line she used on the Persian messenger in the beginning though haha. So cheesy, but so cool XD; "Because only Spartan women give birth to REAL men." I also liked her line when she was consoling Leonidas in bed X3

But other than that, the lines were weak for her, at least in my opinion D;

mesic
*^_^*
Send a message via AIM to mesic

Old 03-24-2007, 03:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stilettolover
But man, it's Frank Miller? How CAN'T you be faithful to his stories? He is such a brilliant story teller. He brought Batman back to life!

Twice, actually! ... though I can't find a copy of his DK2 to purchase and love and worship to save my life. D:

I love how you can go into a comic book shop and mention anything of his other than Sin City and now, 300, and get blank zombie-stares. But mention "The guy who did Sin City" and they light right up and try to sell you crappy movie posters and Jessica Alba action figures until you run screaming from the store.

Doofus Soda
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 03-24-2007, 05:03 PM

• I wanna watch it. d:

musado
щ(ºДºщ)

Old 03-24-2007, 06:28 PM

i saw 300 yesterday.

i expected it to be choke full of testosterone and i wasn't disappointed <D

what surprised me though was that they had some really beautiful scenes. even through bloodshed and killing, some were just... gorgeous. exceptionally done.

though i still don't think it's worth the hype XD; my bf and his friends love it though so i guess it's a boy thing...? xDD

stilettolover
Dead Account Holder
Send a message via AIM to stilettolover

Old 03-24-2007, 06:46 PM

xD It's a Frank Miller thing.

Which often equates to a boy thing, but not always.

reign
Dead Account Holder
Send a message via AIM to reign Send a message via MSN to reign

Old 03-24-2007, 08:48 PM

300 was simply awesome, eyecandy, battle scene, blood, some nudity, bodies built like freakin tanks, and not one bad actor.....thats rare....so very rare......awesome movie :D

Cindy bear
ʘ‿ʘ
Banned

Old 04-02-2007, 04:57 AM

I want to see it soo badly but I'm underage which sucks cause I only need to be 18 (I'm currently 17 and won't turn 18 until October) x_____x

Balthier
⊙ω⊙

Old 04-02-2007, 03:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stilettolover
xD It's a Frank Miller thing.

Which often equates to a boy thing, but not always.
I really don't like Frank Miller. It feels like people go to see his stuff just because he's Frank Miller, even though you expect to see the same crap and that's why people love it. I've seen most of his movies and they all were poorly written, poorly acted and just plain stupid at parts. He has to stop getting his comics made into movies. There are much better comic writers and artists who could probably do a better job than him.

Marguerite Blakeney
Kidnapped by Tumblr

Old 04-03-2007, 08:53 AM

I'm gonna go see this with Donna and my brother tomorrow. Matter of fact he was the one who suggested it so we were surprised that he'd be chilling at the movies with us (coz we never do). Donna says that there's half-naked white guys in nothing but their battle tunics so I'm like "hell yeah, I'm down for that!"

Sammi
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 04-03-2007, 11:40 PM

I've seen 300 twice and just have two words to say - cinematic masterpiece. I thought everything was perfect. I honestly can't think of something I think could have been better...

Phareas
ʘ‿ʘ
n/a

Old 04-03-2007, 11:58 PM

I watched it last night at home with some popcorn <3
I thought most of it was pretty boring especially the beginning but the fight scenes were definitly very beautiful and well thought out. I loved the camera work and the colour they used.

secretdae007
The Colors of a Dae

Old 04-04-2007, 02:34 AM

I have friends who nicknamed the move "2400 Abs" xD

Marguerite Blakeney
Kidnapped by Tumblr

Old 04-04-2007, 03:32 AM

I just saw it earlier today and it's not that great. It also sucks that the only cute guy in the movie dies (the son of the King's friend) by beheading. I nearly cried. My brother was all warning me about the nudity but I'm like, "I'm a girl, breasts aren't new to me..."

The "God King" Xerxes annoyed me. It's a chick-dude! Could he have any more piercings? All he does is sit around while his whole Persian army does his work for him but with the Spartans, the King Leonidus fights with his army. Xerxes...just parades around in his little throne-seat thingie and when his face got speared, I could only imagine the thoughts in his head ("Oh no, my beautiful face!!") and laughed out loud in the theater coz he deserved it.

@Cindy Bear: The age minimum to get into rated R movies is 17 (hence, they let me in). But have your ID with a birthdate on hand.

Gabriel
(っ◕‿◕)&...
Banned

Old 04-04-2007, 05:15 AM

I forgot to post about it.

I went to see it a few weeks ago with some friends, just as planned.

It was absolutely epic, and one of the very best movies I have ever seen in my life.

I'd watch it over and over again, and I've been recommending it to tons of people.

bana
⊙ω⊙

Old 04-04-2007, 11:42 PM

I had heard a lot of stuff before I watched it so I definitely had my hopes up

and for once, I wasn't disappointed :D
This film really lived up to its hype and I liked pretty much everything about it..the CGI looked great, the music went well with it, the actors all did a great job and even though it didn't have much plot, it was pretty damn awesome :0

But of course, if you're not a big fan of action or comic book/graphic novel stuff, you probably wouldn't like it :P

Your Imaginary Friend
⊙ω⊙
n/a
Send a message via AIM to Your Imaginary Friend Send a message via MSN to Your Imaginary Friend Send a message via Yahoo to Your Imaginary Friend

Old 04-04-2007, 11:45 PM

I haven't seen it yet and, honestly, I don't know how interested I am. I have plenty of friends who have seen it, but I was never able to tell if it was amazing because it was amazing or amazing because it was fun to mock.

Freodwyn
⊙ω⊙

Old 04-05-2007, 02:21 AM

300 the movie was a lot of fun; I wasn't expecting high cinema, and I wasn't looking for high cinema. The fight scenes were well-choreographed, and David Wenham as narrator was a nice addition.

Overall, though, I like 300 the graphic novel much more. I can understand and appreciate them extending the role of the Spartan queen, but the artwork was much more compelling at times than the cinematography of the movie. If you liked the movie, check out the graphic novel.