Duncan_Greymorn
⊙ω⊙

Old 11-03-2009, 08:23 PM

I prefer the Anne Rice: Interview with the Vampire type of Vampire. Or like the ones from the Hellsing manga. Vampires are supposed to be damned and blood-stained creatures not sparkly. They are the dark side of humanity in my opinion.

Atusile
⊙ω⊙

Old 11-03-2009, 08:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duncan_Greymorn View Post
They are the dark side of humanity in my opinion.
Exactly! That's why they even exist in the first place. The whole idea of vampires was born out of fear, sadness (lost ones coming back), superstition, and people wanting to be better than something. You know. To be 'good' one must have an 'evil' to go against. But all in all, our dark emotions. Another reason I give Anne Rice props. She caught the whole 'damned/tragic' aspect wonderfully. Especially in Louis and Armand. I love them all the same but tone it down people. D: That can kill you. ...and has.^^; Luckily for us someone's kind enough to not let him stay properly dead.

PiwithanE
(-.-)zzZ

Old 11-03-2009, 08:30 PM

Atusile, I think horror has mostly just drifted towards slasher films.

Duncan_Greymorn
⊙ω⊙

Old 11-03-2009, 08:30 PM

@Atusile: You understand what I was saying exactly. I tell the same thing to all my friends who are Twilight fans but they don't care so....
Louis was my favorite from the books but Lestat was cool too. Especially after in and after Queen of the Damned.

Atusile
⊙ω⊙

Old 11-03-2009, 08:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PiwithanE View Post
Atusile, I think horror has mostly just drifted towards slasher films.
True but...I mean when I watch them for 5 minutes I can tell my friends exactly what's about to happen the rest of the movie and get it right with 90% accuracy. I don't get invited to the movies often because of that now. xD

But it just feels like less effort is being put into them. There not horrible. I mean, I'll take a slasher every now and then but....it feels like somethings missing lol.

Ah, for those non-Twilight fans here, have you seen the comics by shinga on Deviantart? So hilarious. xD

Majhra
\ (•◡•) /

Old 11-03-2009, 08:41 PM

Ok I don't want to sound old but Vampires are not just Blade and Buffy
What about Dracula, Nosferatu, Lost Boys, John Carpenter’s Vampires, even that cheese Bordello Of Blood,and Blood the Last Vampire (Epic!) and Vampire Hunter D (Favorite!), Fright Night ... those really were vampires. Of course there's Interview with a Vampire, and Queen of the Dammed, I personally prefer good old fashion Vampires. Oh and I liked Buffy but the movie not the series ...

Oh I also like Miyu Vampire Princess ... but that's like mellow lol

Duncan_Greymorn
⊙ω⊙

Old 11-03-2009, 08:43 PM

@Majhira: Lost Boys was great. It was so funny in my opinion. The grandpa at the end anyway, that made me laugh a lot.

Lejic
(^._.^)ノ

Old 11-03-2009, 08:43 PM

Well; I do agree sort of. I used to read Anne Rice books and watch Buffy and Angel and laugh a lot and have fun; but then I got creeped out by the weird fans who took that stuff WAAAY too seriously.
But I would take a crazy Anne Rice fan over a crazy 'sparkly, statuesque Eddie' fan any day, for sure.

Omnomnomnom
wow it's been a long time

Old 11-03-2009, 08:44 PM

Since Twilight was released, all the other movie producers started making vampire television shows or movies aswell. Like 'Moonlight' or 'The vampire diaries'. But, I've never seen Buffy though, is it good? :O

JaydedTearz
⊙ω⊙
Send a message via AIM to JaydedTearz Send a message via MSN to JaydedTearz Send a message via Yahoo to JaydedTearz

Old 11-03-2009, 08:44 PM

I absolutely hate the fact that in Twilight vampires sparkle. -_-' There's even a song on youtube ~ an original parody~ that makes fun of the sparkling... it's called Vampire Sparkle
(has mild language etc.. ) but this song makes me smile ^__^
either way. I've watched enough vampire movies, read enough vampire books and done enough research (10th grade topic my choice~ was 10 pages before i made myself stop).

I've also seen Buffy and Angel <3 and would run home just to catch it. Recently on SciFi (yes the old spelling!) i watched Moonlight. Now this was an interesting take on Vampires... While they are allowed to go into the sun for short periods of time they do *not* sparkle...they weaken and can eventually die from over exposure.... I've even enjoyed watching True Blood.

but twilight needs to go away.

Atusile
⊙ω⊙

Old 11-03-2009, 08:45 PM

Blood the Last Vampire the original movie? Or the new series/spinoff thing. Movie was cool. :D I'm ashamed to say I had forgotten about it until you mentioned it. Same for the rest. >_> I actually did like those really old films. Sure, they got kind of WTF?? on some parts, but overall they were pretty enjoyable. The books too. I did read Dracula a few times over in...sixth grade? I was still in my dragon phase then so I might not have fully appreciated it, but the author made a big contribution to the lore that really shouldn't be ignored.

[edit: um... >_> <_< Where did the post I responded to go? xD]

Majhra
\ (•◡•) /

Old 11-03-2009, 08:46 PM

Duncan: I know! He's like dammed vampires! All grumpy and such. lol Though I hated how oblivious the mom was.

Atusile: The original all the way!

Oh I also liked From Dusk Till Dawn

Last edited by Majhra; 11-03-2009 at 08:49 PM..

Atusile
⊙ω⊙

Old 11-03-2009, 08:50 PM

I've heard about True Blood? How does it go? The impression I got from the commercial really turned me away, but if the show is nice....

Is Moonlight new? *just got cable again for the first time in over 5 months* I've been catching all the shows I liked before that on the internet or over a friend's so I haven't seen anything new since I caught Ghost Whisperer the other day. (Also a lot better than the commercial I saw before I lost T.V. showed.)

And what the heck is From Dusk Till Dawn? >_> Am I going to feel slow for not knowing?

Majhra
\ (•◡•) /

Old 11-03-2009, 08:51 PM

No Im just old >.> Quentin Tarantino, George Clooney, Salma Hayek? Ring any bells ... I just ... I like Quentin Tarantino >.>

Don't judge me! *hides in paper bag*

Last edited by Majhra; 11-03-2009 at 08:54 PM..

Atusile
⊙ω⊙

Old 11-03-2009, 08:55 PM

Yeah.... I might have heard of it before. Hold on...

*To Google! theme plays*

Oh shoes! Didn't this play on SciFi once or something? Cause I remember seeing the second one for a few minutes before I went to sleep. I think I've seen it then still don't remember much, but if I watched it all the way through I don't think I hated it. xD I'll have to watch it again sometime.

Last edited by Atusile; 11-03-2009 at 08:59 PM..

JaydedTearz
⊙ω⊙
Send a message via AIM to JaydedTearz Send a message via MSN to JaydedTearz Send a message via Yahoo to JaydedTearz

Old 11-03-2009, 09:00 PM

Moonlight is a series from 2008 ~ like early 2008 if my tivo is correct....I enjoyed it.

And i'm not really sure how to describe True Blood. ...other than Vampires and humans co-existing~ they have blood dolls etcetc.. i haven't finished the first season yet though...

oh!~ and they have shapeshifters and demon-ish things too..>.> but with any tv series I want to read the books...just haven't gotten around to it yet.

and From Dusk Til Dawn is an awesome movie ^_^

Majhra
\ (•◡•) /

Old 11-03-2009, 09:01 PM

Atusile: lol you're silly! Is kinda bloody though don't know if you might like that...

Shoot! I have to go, I'll talk to you guys later, I liked this convo ^^

Atusile
⊙ω⊙

Old 11-03-2009, 09:02 PM

Byes! It was fun chatting. x3

@Jayded: Wait... True Blood has books? xD

JaydedTearz
⊙ω⊙

Old 11-03-2009, 09:04 PM

~nods~ yes, Atusile, True Blood has books... I don't remember what the series is called (if it's true blood or not) ...but some research could quickly take care of that.

and bye Maj! =D

Atusile
⊙ω⊙

Old 11-03-2009, 09:07 PM

Oh... I had always assumed it was one of those 'made for T.V.' things or whatever you call them lol. I'm always interested in the printed word, so those I'll definitely look through.

*To Google!: Once More*
...you know, I am seriously considering coining that term and turning it into a song. xD

btw, to any more Cirque du Freak fans, have you heard about the new movie? I am waaaaaaay more than apprehensive about it. >_>;

MessyArtist
(づ ̄ ³ ̄) ...

Old 11-03-2009, 09:11 PM

Hello everyone...I miss getting scary dreams of vammpires cause i stopped getting them because one movie in certain made them look like normal people. I thought they were perfect but robert pattison is nowhere near. His voice isn't how I expected it to be....sorry for the stupid rant...its annoying right?

Atusile
⊙ω⊙

Old 11-03-2009, 09:16 PM

haha, for a second I was like 'who the heck is robert pattison??' I feel bad. I should at least know the enemy's name. xD and no, no, ranting is appreciated on that subject. Amusement always comes from it lol. On another note, thanks to your post, I have one thing I forgot to say...:

He. Is. Not. Sexy. Not. NOT. Notnotnotnotnot. That is one thing I really don't understand with the fans. What do they see in him? :| Someone please elaborate.

JaydedTearz
⊙ω⊙

Old 11-03-2009, 09:19 PM

I've heard that cirque du freak messes up the series, so i think i'll pick up the books... ^^;
and i *love* reading. i think Moonlight was one of those "made for tv" things. the series is based loosely off the books.

and as far as Robert Pattinson is concerned.... He should have gotten off the screen with harry potter when cedric died. >.>

Atusile
⊙ω⊙

Old 11-03-2009, 09:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaydedTearz View Post
and as far as Robert Pattinson is concerned.... He should have gotten off the screen with harry potter when cedric died. >.>
I know right? xD

JaydedTearz
⊙ω⊙

Old 11-03-2009, 09:23 PM

I enjoy the harry potter movies~ ....but i will never read twilight nor will i ever watch any of the movies -_-'

oh...and who has seen danceflick?
i loved the end where they spoofed twlight ^_^ <3