Wonderlands
Super ʕ•͡ᴥ•ʔ...

Old 12-16-2022, 09:17 PM

What food have you had a major desire to try?

It could be local or international but you haven't quite had the chance to get your little paws on it due to availability, price, time etc.

I have a whole list of snacks that I have recently checked off thanks to an American food store (Eggo, Little Debbie cakes) but I really would love to try Oden from Japan. I reckon I would LOVE the textures.

When I've been in Japan I have seen them sell it at konbini but have always been afraid of how to actually.. get it, like is it self serve or something theres literally just a bucket of it at the front counter lol. I didn't want to look like a silly foreigner.

Next time I go I will promise myself to get some! ...Or at least get it if offered at a restaurant.

So, your turn!

PWEEP
Shadow Panda

Old 12-16-2022, 10:46 PM

Mmm~ that does look very good! I love Eggos and Little Debbie snacks; I live in the U.S though so they're very common to find.

I'd love to try authentic Italian wedding soup! It's pork and beef meatballs, teeny tiny little pasta balls, with a mirepoix (celery, carrots, onion) in the chicken broth and it also has spinach and parmesan cheese.

Look at those itty bitty balls of pasta! It's almost too cute to eat!

Wonderlands
Super ʕ•͡ᴥ•ʔ...

Old 12-16-2022, 11:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWEEP View Post
Mmm~ that does look very good! I love Eggos and Little Debbie snacks; I live in the U.S though so they're very common to find.

I'd love to try authentic Italian wedding soup! It's pork and beef meatballs, teeny tiny little pasta balls, with a mirepoix (celery, carrots, onion) in the chicken broth and it also has spinach and parmesan cheese.

Look at those itty bitty balls of pasta! It's almost too cute to eat!
So jealous that you can like just go buy Cosmic Brownies, they are so dense and delicious. likeme

Now thats a good looking soup, I would want to try it as well. Looks nice and warm and hearty~

Kory
Spooky Action at a Distance

Old 12-17-2022, 03:16 AM

That soup looks absolutely delicious! :O
I don't eat beef or pork, tho. :(

I haven't tried many Japanese foods, but Oden sounds delicious. :D

I think a food that I've been DYING to try would be... okonomiyaki. ;-;
I have never had it before and ever since I started watching Ranma 1/2, I have been dying to get my hands on some! I don't know if I ever will because I think it has pork in it. :(

Antagonist
The Great Adversary

Penpal

Old 12-17-2022, 04:55 AM

@Wonderlands: Oden is great! I'm not sure if the way they sell them in convenience stores in Japan is the same way they do in Taiwan, but here it's self served! You grab a container, fill it up with whatever you want, including the soup, then you go over to the checkout counter and pay for them Since the sticks are long and you can't really close it up with a cap, people would sometimes place the oden in one container, and the soup in another container, where it can be closed so it won't spill before you get to a place to eat them

@PWEEP: That wedding soup looks absolutely mouthwatering.

@Kory: Okonomiyaki doesn't have to have pork in them, the basis for the batter is just eggs, flour, and cabbage. For the meat you can add pretty much whatever kind of protein you want like shrimp or crab or cheese, etc.

------

Personally I want to try some French cuisine. Like, literally any kind. I don't think I've ever really ever had any, aside from a handful of their desserts.

I've always wanted to try bouillabaisse ever since Fleur mentioned it in Harry Potter, and ratataouille. I don't even know how to spell the other dishes, I just know they look delicious. ;;;

Wonderlands
Super ʕ•͡ᴥ•ʔ...

Old 12-18-2022, 12:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kory View Post
That soup looks absolutely delicious! :O
I don't eat beef or pork, tho. :(

I haven't tried many Japanese foods, but Oden sounds delicious. :D

I think a food that I've been DYING to try would be... okonomiyaki. ;-;
I have never had it before and ever since I started watching Ranma 1/2, I have been dying to get my hands on some! I don't know if I ever will because I think it has pork in it. :(
I can't say that I've ever seen just vegetable okonomiyaki but if you're feeling adventurous at home you and make it, you could try replacing pork with tofu if you like it!

I've never really considered having okonomiyaki because I'm not sure how I'd go with a cabbage pancake but I should eventuallly try it!