Wonderlands
Super ʕ•͡ᴥ•ʔ...

Old 12-15-2022, 08:26 PM

Howdy friends!

What are your plans for the holidays? Are you taking some time off with family, spending time in a food coma, eating yellow snow..?

So whatcha doing?!

My parents are visiting from another state to our new house for the first time and we will be having Christmas breakfast together with Sleepy Anarchy's family. The rest of the time we will likely be doing absolutely nothing which is so, so sweet.
Boxing day we will be working at a speedway race which is hopefully stress free.

Elirona
Giant butt

Penpal

Old 12-15-2022, 10:03 PM

I'm taking a train down to Georgia to spend some time with my partner and his aunt. :) It's been a few months since I've seen him in person, so it'll be exciting! Plus, I've never taken an overnight train before on my own; it's a bit nerve-wracking. @_@

PWEEP
Shadow Panda

Old 12-15-2022, 10:42 PM

Likely what I do every year; spend all day traveling and only staying a few hours at each place. ^^; I have a blended family, so I visit my mother and stepfather and their family, then head to my dad's and stepmom's house with everyone on that side. It's a lot of driving but I get leftovers for days! A plate here, a plate there ... I won't have to cook for a week!

Plus it was always fun when I was a kid: double presents, games, and fun! I'm so thankful that my birth parents were civil and friendly with each other despite breaking up when I was about two. It did mean I had two rooms to clean, and two beds to make though xD

Wonderlands
Super ʕ•͡ᴥ•ʔ...

Old 12-15-2022, 11:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elirona View Post
I'm taking a train down to Georgia to spend some time with my partner and his aunt. :) It's been a few months since I've seen him in person, so it'll be exciting! Plus, I've never taken an overnight train before on my own; it's a bit nerve-wracking. @_@
Oo overnight train rides could totally be romanticized, especially over this time of year. Put on a moody soundtrack and look wistfully out the train window~ Hopefully you dont sleep walk though lmao.

Though it sounds really lovely that you get to see your partner after so long! What a perfect gift for Christmas.

---------- Post added 12-16-2022 at 09:34 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWEEP View Post
Likely what I do every year; spend all day traveling and only staying a few hours at each place. ^^; I have a blended family, so I visit my mother and stepfather and their family, then head to my dad's and stepmom's house with everyone on that side. It's a lot of driving but I get leftovers for days! A plate here, a plate there ... I won't have to cook for a week!

Plus it was always fun when I was a kid: double presents, games, and fun! I'm so thankful that my birth parents were civil and friendly with each other despite breaking up when I was about two. It did mean I had two rooms to clean, and two beds to make though xD
Woah that sounds like it would use up a lot of energy but totally worth it to spread the lurve to all your family. Totally make the most of the food though lol, thats like the best part of this season LEFTOVERS FOR DAYS!

Kory
Spooky Action at a Distance

Old 12-16-2022, 12:27 AM

I'm doing absolutely nothing! :)
Nothing special at all. Maybe cooking, but I do that almost every day, so it's nothing special anymore...

I wanted to go to the mountains this Christmas and see snow again for the first time since I moved here (Los Angeles) but because of car problems, we decided against driving in the snow. :<

Wonderlands
Super ʕ•͡ᴥ•ʔ...

Old 12-16-2022, 01:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kory View Post
I'm doing absolutely nothing! :)
Nothing special at all. Maybe cooking, but I do that almost every day, so it's nothing special anymore...

I wanted to go to the mountains this Christmas and see snow again for the first time since I moved here (Los Angeles) but because of car problems, we decided against driving in the snow. :<
Nothing sounds fantastic! You don't have to do anything at this time of year. Though I do urge you to do something that makes you happy to start off the year right, as long as are you able to do so.

Hmm, are there any tours/charters that could take you to the snow instead?

zigbigadorlube
[-_-]~

Assistant Administrator

Old 12-16-2022, 01:48 AM

I'm headed back to New York to visit my family. It's going to be a bit of a crazy week trying to fit in visits with everyone but hopefully everything will go smoothly! I haven't been back to visit since last December so it will be nice to see everyone, especially my grandparents who are getting quite a bit older and not in great health these days.

Kory

Old 12-16-2022, 01:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wonderlands View Post
Nothing sounds fantastic! You don't have to do anything at this time of year. Though I do urge you to do something that makes you happy to start off the year right, as long as are you able to do so.

Hmm, are there any tours/charters that could take you to the snow instead?
I definitely want to do something nice for myself at the start of this year... It's been kinda a rough year for me. :s

Hmm, I didn't think about that! There might be some buses that go up into the snow, but I'm honestly not very sure... I'll have to look it up! Thanks for the suggestion, though!

Antagonist
The Great Adversary

Penpal

Old 12-16-2022, 02:19 AM

Christmas eve and Christmas falls on a weekend this year so I'll be doing what I do every weekend: Go for a walk on Saturday, and then sleep in and chill at home on Sunday. Head back to work on Monday.

I don't think I've really celebrated Christmas in over a decade...two decades, if you don't count student-hosted events back when I was still one.

Wonderlands
Super ʕ•͡ᴥ•ʔ...

Old 12-16-2022, 03:39 AM

Zig: Safe travels to NY! Sounds like you are totally in demand.

Kory: You totally deserve it then! Make a commitment to yourself to do something. I hope you can find something, otherwise scraping the frost off the freezer and throwing it may have to do. :p

Antagonist: Even if it's just another weekend, I hope it's a lovely one for you!

Antagonist
The Great Adversary

Penpal

Old 12-16-2022, 03:42 AM

Thank you, I hope so too :)

Elirona
Giant butt

Penpal

Old 12-16-2022, 04:51 AM

Quote:
Oo overnight train rides could totally be romanticized, especially over this time of year. Put on a moody soundtrack and look wistfully out the train window~ Hopefully you dont sleep walk though lmao.

Though it sounds really lovely that you get to see your partner after so long! What a perfect gift for Christmas.

Thank you! I'm hoping it'll snow somewhere on my journey so I can take some great train pictures. :P Your plans sound super fun, too! Working at a speedway sounds pretty sick. There's Dixie Speedway near my partner, which has been super fun the last couple times we went while I was down there. :o

Wonderlands
Super ʕ•͡ᴥ•ʔ...

Old 12-16-2022, 06:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elirona View Post
Thank you! I'm hoping it'll snow somewhere on my journey so I can take some great train pictures. :P Your plans sound super fun, too! Working at a speedway sounds pretty sick. There's Dixie Speedway near my partner, which has been super fun the last couple times we went while I was down there. :o
Hopefully you get to see some wildlife as well, that would make some super good photos.

Ahh awesome! Too bad it's the off season there at the moment for Speedway aside from indoor, would have been cool if you could have seen something. What's the best thing to watch?

Elirona
Giant butt

Penpal

Old 12-16-2022, 02:13 PM

Quote:
Hopefully you get to see some wildlife as well, that would make some super good photos.

Ahh awesome! Too bad it's the off season there at the moment for Speedway aside from indoor, would have been cool if you could have seen something. What's the best thing to watch?
I hope so too! I love taking some nature photos. :)

My favorite thing we saw at the speedway was the demo derby they did! We saw a car basically get folded in half. It was pretty sick.

zigbigadorlube
[-_-]~

Assistant Administrator

Old 12-16-2022, 06:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kory View Post
I definitely want to do something nice for myself at the start of this year... It's been kinda a rough year for me. :s

Hmm, I didn't think about that! There might be some buses that go up into the snow, but I'm honestly not very sure... I'll have to look it up! Thanks for the suggestion, though!
Ooh I like the idea of starting out the year with something nice. Do you have anything specific in mind?
Quote:
Zig: Safe travels to NY! Sounds like you are totally in demand.

Kory: You totally deserve it then! Make a commitment to yourself to do something. I hope you can find something, otherwise scraping the frost off the freezer and throwing it may have to do. :p

Antagonist: Even if it's just another weekend, I hope it's a lovely one for you!
Thank you Wonderlands! Yes, my family misses me I know and I miss them too. It's always pretty stressful going back to be honest but they're family and I do want to see them.

sailor star rainbow
\(@O@)ʌ...

Old 12-16-2022, 09:30 PM

Maybe bake some homemade cookies with my mom. make some chocolates for the family as gifts. besides, watching a few Christmas movies with my stepdad. maybe visit my sister are she'll visit us.

Chexala
cat whisperer

Penpal

Old 12-17-2022, 04:40 PM

I'll be spending Christmas day with my family, and maybe Christmas Eve with my partner's family, but his dad got covid this week, that will depend on whether his dad is feeling better or not.

I actually kind of hate Christmas at this point in my life (I'm an atheist and I work in retail, lol) and I would really prefer to celebrate just Solstice and New Years, but my family still really love their secular Christmas traditions. I figure, life is short and my family has been through a lot of shit over the years, it's more important to spend time with them than to have an argument about holidays. I'm hoping that in time, as my nephew gets older, Christmas will become less important and I'll be able to talk them into other hangouts.

Kaderin Triste
Resident Tiger Expert

Old 12-17-2022, 08:55 PM

My dad has guilted everyone into going to my grandma's place for Christmas. So I'll be spending my holiday the same as always. Being forced to interact with people that probably don't care that much about me the other 364 days of the year, and using crafts as an excuse to not play tedious board and card games with them until I can be taken home. (The downside of not being able to afford my own car means I'm basically trapped.)

On the plus side, one of my sibs and I are going halves on a motel room so I won't have to stay in my dad's freezing cold place.

Kory

Old 12-18-2022, 04:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zigbigadorlube View Post
Ooh I like the idea of starting out the year with something nice. Do you have anything specific in mind?
I think for me, I would love to do some clearing out of old stuff I have. My family and I are planning to move out of LA soon, so maybe doing some early packing and just doing an overhaul of all of my stuff would be a nice thing to do for the beginning of the year.

The Wandering Poet
Captain Oblivious

Penpal

Old 12-20-2022, 03:03 AM

My plans for the holidays is kind of depressing in it's own way. Me and my wife will be staying home and eating a pizza from our freezer and continuing to isolate.